Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

PC Port

bongoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bongoboy

Is anyone interested in this? From what I've heard Fable II is better than Fable III in most respects. I would prefer that game be ported instead. I will still check this out though. 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

Fable 3 was quite enjoyable, i wouldn't mind playing it on the PC.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

Bad time to release the PC port of Fable 3, If Witcher 2 wasn't releasing in the same time period maybe i would have tried it out.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Dizzyhippos

eh fable 3 was ok but squandered its potential. I enjoyed it but everything bad you have heard about it is true also fuck that ending

bongoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bongoboy
    @Dizzyhippos:  It was speculated that the ending was scaled down due to the "limited capabilities" of the 360. If this is true then hopefully the PC ending will be more spectacular.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @bongoboy: That doesn't make any sense at all. How would a pc be able to make the ending better? The problem with the ending was a story and design flaw. Nothing to do with horsepower.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Vinny_Says

In my head: Fable>Fable 3>Fable 2 so my opinion is probably flawed but I would rather see a port of Fable III.

What I'm wondering is if Lionhead will update the 360 version with the release of this, and give me my 40 gamerscore for opening all the demon doors.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I'm sort of interested, I never played a fable game before since I don't have a 360. I know the first game was on pc.

bongoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bongoboy
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " ... opening all the demon doors. "
    This game isn't like Oblivion where you had to go around the world and close gates, but instead open doors of some sort, is it?

@yoshimitz707:
     I think the journalist who said it was looking for an ending that was a miraculous spectacle. I'm guessing what was pictured was explosions, giant monsters, crowds of people running around, etc.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HitmanAgent47 said:
    " I'm sort of interested, I never played a fable game before since I don't have a 360. I know the first game was on pc. "
    Trust me, you'd be a lot better off playing the first one instead.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @President_Barackbar: what's wrong with the game?
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HitmanAgent47 said:
    " @President_Barackbar: what's wrong with the game? "
    With Fable 3? Oh I don't know...
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @bongoboy said:
    " @Dizzyhippos:  It was speculated that the ending was scaled down due to the "limited capabilities" of the 360. If this is true then hopefully the PC ending will be more spectacular. "
    that is not a valid excuse, that's the kind of thing a fanboy would say to defend his favorite thing. not accusing you just saying
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    Well, Fable II is an almost entirely different game than the first Fable (inferior in almost every way). From what I understand having not played it, Fable III goes directly down the path that Fable II took.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @HitmanAgent47 said:
    Well, Fable II is an almost entirely different game than the first Fable (inferior in almost every way). From what I understand having not played it, Fable III goes directly down the path that Fable II took. "
    insert a "yo do you like x because its exactly that" here
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Dizzyhippos said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    " @HitmanAgent47 said:
    Well, Fable II is an almost entirely different game than the first Fable (inferior in almost every way). From what I understand having not played it, Fable III goes directly down the path that Fable II took. "
    insert a "yo do you like x because its exactly that" here "
    You know, I'm not really sure what I could compare Fable to.

I could say that Fable II is the Dragon Age 2 to Fable's Dragon Age: Origins.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @President_Barackbar: I don't take giantbomb reviews seriously, you have to link me to gamerankings or something for me to get a better idea. But i'll read what they have to write later on for the score.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @HitmanAgent47 You don't take Giant Bomb reviews seriously? Then why the fuck are you even here. And what's wrong with their reviews?
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By gike987

They are going to realese this the same day as The Witcher 2 and the same week as L.A. Noire. They could not have picked a worse time to release this game.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @yoshimitz707: I like the forums. I don't take any individual reviews seriously, you have to average it out. I don't take ign, gamespot, gametrailers or any other site seriously. Especially with an opinion piece.

But still, to others, I never played the first fable, not too sure what is about and I dont want old graphics, I would mind fable 3 which has good graphics and as I heard is more streamline and better than fable 2.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @Dizzyhippos said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    " @HitmanAgent47 said:
    insert a "yo do you like x because its exactly that" here "
    You know, I'm not really sure what I could compare Fable to.

I could say that Fable II is the Dragon Age 2 to Fable's Dragon Age: Origins.
    "
    I ment it as in fable II and III are the same game with a different wrapper more or less
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HitmanAgent47 said:
    " @yoshimitz707: I like the forums. I don't take any individual reviews seriously, you have to average it out. I don't take ign, gamespot, gametrailers or any other site seriously. Especially with an opinion piece. But still, to others, I never played the first fable, not too sure what is about and I dont want old graphics, I would mind fable 3 which has good graphics and as I heard is more streamline and better than fable 2. "
    Fable 1 is still the best out of the Fable series. Sure the later ones had SOME improvements, but as far as story goes the first is still the best.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @gike987 said:
    " They are going to realese this the same day as The Witcher 2 and the same week as L.A. Noire. They could not have picked a worse time to release this game. "
    unless they really wanted people to not notice it then its the perfect timing
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @President_Barackbar: looking at gamerankings, fable 83%, fable 2 88%, fable 3 80%.
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HitmanAgent47 said:

" @President_Barackbar: looking at gamerankings, fable 83%, fable 2 88%, fable 3 80%. "

So are you going to be a rankings bitch or do you want my honest opinion? Most people I know (who aren't reviewers) feel that the first is the best.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " @HitmanAgent47 said:

" @President_Barackbar: looking at gamerankings, fable 83%, fable 2 88%, fable 3 80%. "

So are you going to be a rankings bitch or do you want my honest opinion? Most people I know (who aren't reviewers) feel that the first is the best. "
    The first one is the one I have the best memories of but after 3 I kinda never want to play fable ever again
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I don't really understand why the third game gets so much criticism.  Yes, it's still the Fable series and it's far from perfect, but if you had fun with the last two, you should enjoy this one too.  I liked that they put more emphasis on the story and tried to make the characters feel a bit more three dimensional.

For the fourth game though..  They're going to need to scrap everything and go back to the drawing board, the games don't appeal to the casual audience he's so desperately trying to sell this too, he really needs to rework things and make it work for the people who are interested in playing his games.
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WinterSnowblind:  Honestly, I think the real problem is that Molyneux just has far too much ambition and crazy ideas. He wants to do too many things that are just beyond the scope of games, and when those things are actually translated into a game, they don't come across half as well as he anticipated.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @President_Barackbar:  That and he refuses to cut half baked ideas so they can focus on the key parts that matter. Like frame rate and stability, and a ending that dosnt bite you in the ass. But ya winters right its time to scrap everything and start over from scratch assuming they do a 4
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Can we all just agree that 4 will need to be drastically different and move this thread back on track?

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Synthballs
    " @HitmanAgent47 said:
    With Fable 3? Oh I don't know... "

Oh, forgot that GB's word is fucking law. I thought the game was brilliant. A bit short but still brilliant.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Witcher 2 is gonna chew on that port and shit it out

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By JJGIANT

I really hated Fable 3, I can't really see what they could do to fix it.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By phrosnite
    @Dizzyhippos said:

" @President_Barackbar said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

So are you going to be a rankings bitch or do you want my honest opinion? Most people I know (who aren't reviewers) feel that the first is the best. "
    The first one is the one I have the best memories of but after 3 I kinda never want to play fable ever again "
    I have played only the first Fable but I've heard that Fable 2 is Fable 1.5 which, objectively, makes it the better game.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MeierTheRed
    " @WinterSnowblind:  Honestly, I think the real problem is that Molyneux just has far too much ambition and crazy ideas. He wants to do too many things that are just beyond the scope of games, and when those things are actually translated into a game, they don't come across half as well as he anticipated. "
    So true, he has always been like that. This guy should live in the future where he would be able to make the games he invisions. Its just a bit sad that each time he starts a new project he always over promises and never deliver.

And lately he has been trying to simplify things too much, i'm not sure i like that.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ajamafalous
    @phrosnite said:
    " @Dizzyhippos said:

" @President_Barackbar said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

The first one is the one I have the best memories of but after 3 I kinda never want to play fable ever again "
    I have played only the first Fable but I've heard that Fable 2 is Fable 1.5 which, objectively, makes it the better game. "
    Fable II removes nearly every system and gameplay mechanic that made Fable fun in the first place. I'd say that Fable II is more like Fable 0.75.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vodun
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    " @yoshimitz707: I like the forums. I don't take any individual reviews seriously, you have to average it out. I don't take ign, gamespot, gametrailers or any other site seriously. Especially with an opinion piece. But still, to others, I never played the first fable, not too sure what is about and I dont want old graphics, I would mind fable 3 which has good graphics and as I heard is more streamline and better than fable 2. "
    Oh wow, you really believe in the goodness of the hive mind don't ya?
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MikkaQ

I kinda hated this game once you got off the main continent. It took a nosedive into utter junk for the rest of the game. 
    I also felt like I never really had any real opportunity to do stuff outside of the main story. It felt more narrative focused than the other two. Also it was really easy to just start buying houses and making assloads of money for the endgame, it kinda took all the tension out of it. 

@Dizzyhippos said:
    " @gike987 said:
    " They are going to realese this the same day as The Witcher 2 and the same week as L.A. Noire. They could not have picked a worse time to release this game. "
    unless they really wanted people to not notice it then its the perfect timing "
    I kinda think they don't want people to notice. The game wasn't received as well as the other two, and this is a reaaaally late port. 
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By flaminghobo

Fable II was a better game compared to Fable III. However, Fable III is still a decent-good game and I wouldn't mind playing it on the PC.

bongoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bongoboy

All the mixed feedback has actually made me want to play this game more so I can see where I stand on all of this. The controversy, the anticipation! 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#41  Edited By alistercat

You can start pre-loading Fable 3 on Steam now. Can't wait.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#42  Edited By alistercat

The PC version is out today... anyone playing it?

I have to wait for the UK release.
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShockD

The port is actually alright. The controls are great and it runs smoothly. I'm content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.