- Africa only has access to left-handed guns.
- Gun dealers sell weapons by driving around in circles.
- Africans come back to life soon as you turn your back on them.
- Two opposing factions fight a war by setting up and guarding various guard posts.
- A shot from a flare gun to the frame of a jeep will cause the driver and gunner to die.
- You can somehow jam a single-shot rifle.
- Civilians do not live in towns. Instead they only exist in underground hideouts surrounded by bad guys.
- Enemy weapons do not jam.
- Only civilians trying to get out of Africa have medication for Malaria.
100 things you've learned playing Far Cry 2
11. The G3KA4 is the most commonly used weapon in africa.
12. Solders shoot anyone that doesnt belong to their own faction.
13. you can survive a grenade blast if you are at least 10 feet away from it.
14. Arms dealers only sell rusty beaten down weapons to solders.
46. You can swim in African rivers and lakes and not catch disease.
56. Africa is littered with hidden briefcases that typically contain one, but no more than four uncut diamonds - and never anything else.
57. African militia troops can easily survive being hit by approximately 17 rounds of light machine gun fire to the torso.
58. No matter how close to death one of your buddies is, a small syrette of morphine will instantly have him back in fighting shape.
68. Billboards don't light on fire when you throw a molotov at them, only when you set the grass below it on fire.
69. You can run into explosive barrels with a car and keep driving.
70. After a mission a buddy's gun jams horribly and apparently needs hours of fixing.
71. Sometimes an assasination target will commit suicide because you're taking too long getting to them (you still get paid though)
74. Mecenaries love hiding diamonds under bridges, up on roofs, even somehow placing them on a mountain that by all appearences is completely inscalable.
75. Sniper rifles can shoot through trees, buildings, rocks, even hills with deadly accuracy at a distance up to at least 2 miles.
76. A guy will drive his vehicle right off a cliff into the goddamn water in order to persue you until either you or he is incapacitated.
77. Getting hit by a flare shot out of a gun would suuuuuuuuck. Big time.
85. In Africa, you don't have to start the engine of car, it will start by itself.
86. If you're tired of sprinting, stop for 1 second and you're ready to go again.
87. All cars have really really really good breaks.
88. The character you select at the beginning of the game is mute.
89. You can magically transform a gasoline plastic bottle into molotov cocktails.
90. Guards take your weapons when you go in a building, but they never give them back. you somehow still have them.
91. Darts are bullets that don't make boom when you shoot.
92. You can carry 150 bullets for an "uzi", 90 for ak, 200 for that automatic special weapon but you can only carry 5 darts.
93. You can finish the game without sleeping.
94. You have the watch on your wrist only when you're sleeping.
95. Your paper map is interactive.
96. Some briefcases have 3 diamonds in them but you see only one.
97.You can sleep 12 hours. If you want to sleep more you have to get out of bed and then get back in.
98. You have a weapons transporter in each safehouse.
99. You have to look with your monocular at a car and then machine guns, medpacks, explosives appear on your map.
100. The game is good but not as good as we expected.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.