Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fat Princess

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 30, 2009

The controversial Fat Princess sees the endless battle of red vs. blue comes to a fight between two kingdoms who have kidnapped each other's princess and are stuffing her with cake to make her rescue more difficult.

Do I NEED a Headset?

Timmmycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Timmmycap

I don't have a headset but I really want this game.
    Do I need it? most multiplayer games say that you need it to play.
    I have one for 360 and nobody talks on it anyways.
    So why pay good money for something that will never be used.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

no but it would certainly help.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

If you play PS3 games online then you should have a headset.  Get the wireless one, it's pretty damn good.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By choffy21
    @JJOR64: If you can get over the extreme uncomfortability, then yeah, it ain't bad
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fr0br0

Don't be part of the problem to why nobody ever talks online, buy one.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red

From my playing of the game, no one has a headset, and it isn't too much of a problem. Headsets ARE good if you have a bunch of friends you play online with, though.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By sjschmidt93

I've been playing BF 1943 for 3 days (on PS3) and have yet to hear anyone talk, so I don't really know why Fat Princess would be any different.

Probably won't matter.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By angelkanarias

don't know about Fat Princess but in general, if you play a multiplayer game without headset it is like you are playing with bots. Anyways it is nice to talk with friends every now and then during a match on whatever multiplayer game we are talking about.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ieatlions

Do you need hands to play this game?

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By regularassmilk
    @JJOR64 said:
    " If you play PS3 games online then you should have a headset.  Get the wireless one, it's pretty damn good. "
                    This ^^
    djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By djstyles92

nobody really had headsets when I was playing, aside from 2 or 3 people

karakuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By karakuchi

You can only talk to a few people at a time.  I couldn't figure out how to chat with people anyway.  Either my mic doesn't work, or I missed a step a long the way.

Getting the PS3 Bluetooth mic is worth though.

Poost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Poost

I've played quite a few online Fat Princess games now, and maybe about a third of the people had headsets, but maybe 3 on each team actually said anything.  I still recommend getting one, especially if you like to be able to easily communicate.  Plus if you get a wireless bluetooth you could always use it with your cell phone too.

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ouroboros

In my opinion the reason why no one talks sometimes online is because their shy.  Yes shy.  All you need is one dude saying, "Hey, anyone else have a mic?" and BAM you got almost half the room talking.  Be the ice breaker and get a mic and wake up the room.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By NickM

Unless you have a group of friends that have headsets, don't buy it. I don't know what the hell people are talking about, because usually only about 5 out of 32 people have headsets. Compared to the 360, it's a wasteland. Total waste of money.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By MAST
    @JJOR64 said:
    " If you play PS3 games online then you should have a headset.  Get the wireless one, it's pretty damn good. "

Exactly. If you own a PS3, and play online even a little bit. Do everyone a favor and buy a headset. You can get a corded one for 20-30 bucks, or a really nice bluetooth headset for 45-50.
    Remy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Remy

The game doesn't make it clear, but you do have to push R2 to talk.  It's not open-mic, which is probably for the better.  (Played with one guy last night who would just shout "HEAL ME BRO HEAL ME BRO HEAL ME BRO" over and over.  Nearly muted him.)

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Crono

The game would probably be a whole different experience if everyone had a  mic and played it effectively, but that hasn't happened with any "jump in and play," style game yet, and I am doubtful it ever will.  That said, you should get a headset mic and not be afraid to use it to organize everyone without one.  Most people hate playing aimlessly and with a game like this, they will usually realize rather quickly that running around as a lone wolf won't get you far. 

This game begs for organization amongst teammates and it isn't going to happen without effective communication;  one-way communication or otherwise.  So the best way to conquer this is to grab the bull by the horns:  Get a mic and become the leader amongst the silent majority.  Just use common sense to lead and don't get discouraged if you fail a few times; also keep in mind that people NEVER stick to a plan and try to adapt, radically, to situations as they appear so it will also be up to you to keep everyone focused on the long-term goals and be selective about the short-term.  For instance, your long term goal is to capture the princess, a short term would be a group of enemy players appearing that need to be dealt with, well, once those enemy players have been dispatched, most of your teammates will then run off and get distracted, you must attempt to stop them from being distracted and remind them of the plan; moreover, this is the only way to guarantee victory unless you want to let chance decide. 

Work with other people on the mic to organize, if they start to harass you just laugh with them, usually this will nullify any effect their comments may have had, no matter how snide, sarcastic or asshole-ish they may be or sound, besides it is the internet so don't waste time getting offended over a faceless coward.  If that doesn't work, mute them and go about your business of trying to organize the team.

Finally, don't forget that the headset (and hopefully these tips) will be useful in ANY online game you play so if you intend on playing more games online then you almost owe it to yourself to give yourself a voice and take the game to the next level with a mic and some effective communcation; and its a great way to just chat about whatever the hell you want if you can find a good group of people to just shoot the shit with lol.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Remy said:
    " The game doesn't make it clear, but you do have to push R2 to talk.  It's not open-mic, which is probably for the better.  (Played with one guy last night who would just shout "HEAL ME BRO HEAL ME BRO HEAL ME BRO" over and over.  Nearly muted him.) "
    Funny, I was out last night and found myself shouting 'DON'T TAZE ME BRO!'
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Driadon
    @Remy said:
    " The game doesn't make it clear, but you do have to push R2 to talk.  It's not open-mic, which is probably for the better.  (Played with one guy last night who would just shout "HEAL ME BRO HEAL ME BRO HEAL ME BRO" over and over.  Nearly muted him.) "
    No wonder my friend couldn't hear me last night. Thanks.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#21  Edited By Soap

Not at all, barely anyone speaks on that game... and most of it is just insane babel

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.