Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Not sure which version to get.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

I really am not sure which version to get. I really dont mind multidisc games, and 360 usually gets the better looking/running version of a Multiplatform game, so im thinking I should go with that. However, I heard that PS3 version ahs lossless sounda dn 1080p CGI cutscenes, which I dont think will make it to 360. I just have a bad feeling PS3 will get the short end of the stick in the graphics department liek it usually does.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NinjaHunter

Well it's being developed on the PS3 first then being ported onto the 360 so there shouldn't be a problem with the PS3 version.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Griddler
    @NinjaHunter said:
    " Well it's being developed on the PS3 first then being ported onto the 360 so there shouldn't be a problem with the PS3 version. "
    This. It will be good to see it this way round for once.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By xyzygy

Well, the graphics have already been downgraded on the PS3 so it can go on the 360, but i'm not sure about anything other than that. I'm getting it on 360 because of achievements and controller preference. If you look at earlier shots and videos of it back when it was running the White Engine, when it was PS3 exclusive, you'll notice a small improvement but it was also very early in development so who is to say that's how the game could have looked if it stayed PS3 exclusive. In all honesty there most likely won't be any major differences.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@girdz said:
    " @NinjaHunter said:
    " Well it's being developed on the PS3 first then being ported onto the 360 so there shouldn't be a problem with the PS3 version. "
    This. It will be good to see it this way round for once. "
    This
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ravensword
    @xyzygy:

See, I perfer Acheivments to, but if the game will look better on PS3, im going with that.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
    @Raven_Sword: It might be another Dragon Age deal too, with one console having smoother framerate and another console having more detail. Unless you put two TVs side by side and play the game in the same spots and pick out miniscule differences, you won't notice anything. The mind's retainment isn't that detailed!
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By I_smell

Think about this: If you get one version of the game, then you'll never see what the other version looks like, so you won't care.

Mgsfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Mgsfreak

PS3 one disk > 360 multiple disks
    I always loose disks or put them in different cases so clear choice for me.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Burns098356GX

Well, the 360 has a stellar track record of having better graphics compared to PS3 multiplatform games. But this was being developed on the ps3 first, so I don't know. 
    The amount of discs doesnt bother me as i have the 120g 360. MS also must have paid a shit ton to get the franchise to the 360, and im willing to be there will some exclusivity in the form of DLC, or SOMETHING to make it a success on the 360...

I won't decide till launch time when they've made specific announcements regarding what each console receives, and possible a day or two after to see how the 2 stack up to each other graphically.

Mgsfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mgsfreak
    @Burns098356GX said:
    " Well, the 360 has a stellar track record of having better graphics compared to PS3 multiplatform games. But this was being developed on the ps3 first, so I don't know.  The amount of discs doesnt bother me as i have the 120g 360. MS also must have paid a shit ton to get the franchise to the 360, and im willing to be there will some exclusivity in the form of DLC, or SOMETHING to make it a success on the 360...  I won't decide till launch time when they've made specific announcements regarding what each console receives, and possible a day or two after to see how the 2 stack up to each other graphically. "
    Wait a day or 2?! I admire your self control, fuck if i was on the fence i would just buy both versions.....
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I will buy it on the PS3, it feels like the more authentic version to me.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Luke

I'm really really hoping that all the video game sites really focus on this game, like a week before release.  

I'm talking Lense of Truths, reviews, everything else with comparisions to both systems.  DLC is also a deciding factor. 

This will be probably be one of the hardest decisions I make next year... Heck, if it comes down to it, I may just be buying both versions and playing through the damn thing twice or more, which I normally do anyway with Final Fantasy :p 

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By ZenaxPure

I kind of have this dream of just buying both of them since I want achievements but I know the game is probably going to run better on the PS3. But I still lack a PS3 so it really comes down to me getting a PS3 before the launch or not.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By I_smell

I think they're gonna be indecipherably different and you're all insane.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Keeng

1) They, as a company, clearly cared more about the PS3 version so I imagine (if there's any difference at all between the two) the PS3 version will be better. 

2) Multiplatform games haven't been better on the 360 since sometime in 2007, barring very few cases like Fallout 3 and Borderlands. Almost everything since Devil May Cry 4 has been just as good on PS3 or better. 

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 02sfraser

really doubt it since the development has been done on PS3 first hand for the past 3 years or so. games i see that get short handed on visuals are games made on 360 and ported to PS3. this is the other way round and i think we will see the power of PS3 shining through

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By Griddler

PS3 seems like the clear choice, it's what the game is originally developed for and it only needs one disc.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Personally, I don't see why having multiple discs is an issue.  I loved the epic moments on the PSOne games where you'd have some huge boss fight and then see a huge cut scene, followed by the "please insert next disc" screen.  It was satifying. Like ending a chapter in a book.

Also, developing games for the 360 isn't an issue like it is with the PS3.. 360 games ported to the PS3 tend to end up with some pretty nasty side affects, but not so with the 360.  I doubt they'll be any differences between the two, and any there are will be negligable.  I'll be getting the 360 version, partly to spite all the people who claim it's a "Playstation game" but mostly because I prefer the controller and achievements.  Unless there is any huge difference between the two, that's the one I'm going for.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mracoon

If I had both platforms I'd pick the PS3 version over the 360.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Keeng
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Personally, I don't see why having multiple discs is an issue.  I loved the epic moments on the PSOne games where you'd have some huge boss fight and then see a huge cut scene, followed by the "please insert next disc" screen.  It was satifying. Like ending a chapter in a book.  Also, developing games for the 360 isn't an issue like it is with the PS3.. 360 games ported to the PS3 tend to end up with some pretty nasty side affects, but not so with the 360.  I doubt they'll be any differences between the two, and any there are will be negligable.  I'll be getting the 360 version, partly to spite all the people who claim it's a "Playstation game" but mostly because I prefer the controller and achievements.  Unless there is any huge difference between the two, that's the one I'm going for. "
    I mostly felt the same way. One of my favorite PS1 moments was the end of FFVIII's first disc because there's an incredibly dramatic cliffhanger. I remember going to bed right after it happened because I had school the next day, but I was dying to play it until I got back home.  

However, for me at least, the idea of disc swapping seems negative now simply because it's a display of inferiority. A console exists right now that doesn't have to put up with that sort of technical limitation so the idea of still having to do that just seems lame to me. 
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#22  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm sure it'll look identical. I'm getting the 360 version for points.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JokerClown88

Final Fantasy is now a Playstation franchise IMO.  Therefore I will buy it on my PS3.  The 360 version is an abomination to me.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EVO
    @JokerClown88 said:
    " Final Fantasy is now a Playstation franchise IMO.  Therefore I will buy it on my PS3. "
    Yeah, I generally buy games on the platform they originated on.
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @EVO said:
    " @JokerClown88 said:
    " Final Fantasy is now a Playstation franchise IMO.  Therefore I will buy it on my PS3. "
    Yeah, I generally buy games on the platform they originated on. "
    In which case, wait for the Wii port.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EVO
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @EVO said:
    " @JokerClown88 said:
    In which case, wait for the Wii port. "
    You know what I meant.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Willy105

Which controller you like the best?

Get the one for that system.

Simple as that.

@JokerClown88 said:

" Final Fantasy is now a Playstation franchise IMO.  Therefore I will buy it on my PS3.  The 360 version is an abomination to me. "

Not anymore. It used to be Nintendo's for two gens, moved to Playstation for two gens, but now it seems to be a multiplatform series. Nothing wrong with that.
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @EVO said:

" @WinterSnowblind said:

" @EVO said:
    " @JokerClown88 said:
    In which case, wait for the Wii port. "
    You know what I meant. "
    I actually don't. 

I don't see why Final Fantasy belongs on the Playstation anymore than it does on the Xbox.  It started on the Nintendo and then moved on to the Playstation and inbetween we've seen it on practically every other system in existance..  the Neo Geo, Gameboy, Wonderswan, PC..  Crystal Defenders and FFXI were even released on the 360.  As far as I'm concerned, the series has never been tied to one particular platform, and I really don't get why anyone would continue to view it as a "Playstationy franchise".
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JokerClown88
    @WinterSnowblind:
    I think its because the Playstation is where the franchise exploaded into popularity.  Especially in the States.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EVO
    @WinterSnowblind: Jeez, I don't wanna go there but you've left me no choice... It belongs on a Japanese console.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I have both systems, but I'm getting it on the 360 because I can. No other reason for it, just because I can.

Kaz_Hooray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kaz_Hooray
    @EVO said:
    " @WinterSnowblind: Jeez, I don't wanna go there but you've left me no choice... It belongs on a Japanese console. "
    That's messed up
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RobotHamster

Definitely on the playstation. Don't get me wrong i love both systems, but microsoft buying all these games away from sony just seems like a dick move to try and monopolize the gaming industry, but I know that its business and that shit happens.  But Final Fantasy on the 360 just seems weird to me, plus one disk vs. a gazillion is a factor, so yeah definitely playstation for me.  

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By essaregee
    @Mgsfreak said:
    " PS3 one disk > 360 multiple disks I always loose disks or put them in different cases so clear choice for me. "
    Unless you are so old-school that disk-swapping turns you on lol
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By GunstarRed

360... I dont mind the swapping of the disks...  as someone else said it was like ending a chapter....  I really dont think there will be any  differences visually between the two and it will all come down to personal preference... i will be getting the 360 for achievements pure and simple (although I will not be playing the game with achievements in mind) It would have been awesome to show people some of my feats in  FFX ( i totally dodged all those lightning bolts!) and live is the best way to do that... psn is still kinda terrible for seeing other peoples ingame feats. 
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @RobotHamster said:
    " Definitely on the playstation. Don't get me wrong i love both systems, but microsoft buying all these games away from sony just seems like a dick move to try and monopolize the gaming industry, but I know that its business and that shit happens.  But Final Fantasy on the 360 just seems weird to me, plus one disk vs. a gazillion is a factor, so yeah definitely playstation for me.   "
    The series going multiplatform had nothing to do with Microsoft. 

It's the same reason that most other franchises have switched to be multiplatform..  The game has cost Square millions to make, the only way they're going to make that money back is by releasing it on multiple systems.  It's exactly the same as what happened with Grand Theft Auto, despite the fact that Sony were paying for exclusivity, no amount they threw at Rockstar could make up for the amount they'd make by releasing it on multiple systems.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By toowalrus

I am getting it for the 360. Why am I such a crazy out-layer? Because I don't have a PS3 and have NO money (well, not enough for a system and game, anyway.)

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Since they will be almost the same... ACHIEVMENT POINTS!
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bones8677

I would get it for the PS3. For me, I just wouldn't feel right playing it on 360. But that's just me.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Keeng
    @WinterSnowblind: I agree with you that it's preposterous to say it's a PlayStation thing. Like you said, FF games have literally been on every console. I identify it with the PS1 and 2 because most of the best games in the series came out on those consoles but the idea of it being on something like Xbox 360 doesn't burn me, either. What does burn me is Microsoft paying for games the way they do. I get that FF is a big name and not having it would get them flat out murdered by the competition but if a company doesn't already have a desire to put something on your console, don't just throw money at them. It's excellent business strategy but it's still a bitch move, in my opinion.  
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Cube

I'm not buying the game but PS3 seems more fitting. Kind of like Tekken.

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Keeng said:
    " @WinterSnowblind: I agree with you that it's preposterous to say it's a PlayStation thing. Like you said, FF games have literally been on every console. I identify it with the PS1 and 2 because most of the best games in the series came out on those consoles but the idea of it being on something like Xbox 360 doesn't burn me, either. What does burn me is Microsoft paying for games the way they do. I get that FF is a big name and not having it would get them flat out murdered by the competition but if a company doesn't already have a desire to put something on your console, don't just throw money at them. It's excellent business strategy but it's still a bitch move, in my opinion.   "
    I'd completely agree.
    But like I mentioned in my last post, the series going multiplatform clearly had nothing to do with Microsoft.

But even if it did, I don't see how it would have been any worse than how Sony kept so many games exclusive during the PS2 era by paying developers.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RobotHamster
    @WinterSnowblind: Yea i completely agree  what you saying, i wasn't thinking of that.  Video games are still a business and need to make money and the best way is to go multiplatform.  Its just after seeing something somewhere for so long you forget that it could go anywhere depending on the business moves made. 
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Keeng
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @Keeng said:
    " @WinterSnowblind: I agree with you that it's preposterous to say it's a PlayStation thing. Like you said, FF games have literally been on every console. I identify it with the PS1 and 2 because most of the best games in the series came out on those consoles but the idea of it being on something like Xbox 360 doesn't burn me, either. What does burn me is Microsoft paying for games the way they do. I get that FF is a big name and not having it would get them flat out murdered by the competition but if a company doesn't already have a desire to put something on your console, don't just throw money at them. It's excellent business strategy but it's still a bitch move, in my opinion.   "
    I'd completely agree. But like I mentioned in my last post, the series going multiplatform clearly had nothing to do with Microsoft.  But even if it did, I don't see how it would have been any worse than how Sony kept so many games exclusive during the PS2 era by paying developers. "
    I'm not familiar with what it is you speak of.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.