Bucking Bronco 21%
Devil's Kiss 4%
Possession 6%
Undertow 11%
Return to Sender 6%
Murder of Crows 27%
Charge 5%
Shock Jockey 18%

So I noticed as I was playing through the game I was only using maybe 3 or 4 vigors consistently, I think I only used Return to Sender once. Personally I loved Undertow and I wish I had it earlier on as it can be an instant kill on a lot of enemies.

#1 Edited by BeachThunder (12608 posts) -

The zappity zap zap vigor :D

#2 Edited by Metzo_Paino (322 posts) -

I found Return To Sender invaluable for the ghost fighting section.

Simply run into the huge, constantly respawning group of enemies, catch all their bullets and shoot the orb at the ghost.

#3 Edited by Andorski (5395 posts) -

Possession was the one I found to be the most useful in the largest variety of situations. I boosted the amount of money I had by possessing vendors, took out enemies without fighting anytime there was an automated turret (and if the enemies took out the turret quickly, that at least meant that I didn't have to waste bullets taking it out once the fight was done), and it allowed me to create distractions anytime a Heavy Hitter came out.

#4 Posted by Metzo_Paino (322 posts) -

@andorski said:

Possession was the one I found to be the most useful in the largest variety of situations. I boosted the amount of money I had by possessing vendors, took out enemies without fighting anytime there was an automated turret (and if the enemies took out the turret quickly, that at least meant that I didn't have to waste bullets taking it out once the fight was done), and it allowed me to create distractions anytime a Heavy Hitter came out.

I NEVER realised that you could possess vendors when I played through the game. Seems like it would be very helpful on the higher difficulties, especially considering how happy Elizabeth is to throw you salts. Perhaps this is why I wasn't even close to having every upgrade.

#5 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

I used Shock Jockey the most. Sometimes I used Murder of Crows, or Devil's Kiss. All of the other vigor's I only used once or twice.

#6 Posted by RedCream (694 posts) -

Charge!

#7 Edited by jkz (4070 posts) -

I love bucking bronco on weaker enemies, just so damn fun, and meleeing heavier enemies mid air to send them flying over a precipice to their death is so goddamn satisfying (used the hand cannon to similar effect with it).

Beside that, likely possession. Charge was tons of fun, but for heavier enemies and or / turrets, the distractions I could create with possession got me cleanly through a lot of fights I should have lost

#8 Posted by Marmalade (194 posts) -

Loved watching crows spread all over the place. Also occasionally enjoyed a bronco trap + overtow multi grapple to amusingly dispatch small groups of enemies.

#9 Edited by Icemo (665 posts) -

Get charge. Fully upgrade it to deal explosion damage and recharge your shield after every charge use. Get gear that deals fire damage to enemies with every melee hit. Obliterate every enemy in the game and never die because your shields never go down.

#10 Edited by Zacagawea (1626 posts) -

Bucking Bronco/Possession was pretty much all I used. Near the end Shock Jockey became more useful, so I'd throw that in there sometimes, So much fun to spin around, hit a button, and have every enemy floating in the air waiting to be zapped or shot.

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

I found Return To Sender invaluable for the ghost fighting section.

Simply run into the huge, constantly respawning group of enemies, catch all their bullets and shoot the orb at the ghost.

Yeah, that's what I did too.

My favorite was probably undertow though, because it was the most versatile.

If things were getting too hectic I could just find a quiet little corner and pull enemies from afar and kill them one by one. Or I could just get up close and use it to push them off into the air and kill them that way.

#12 Posted by Metzo_Paino (322 posts) -

My favorite was probably undertow though, because it was the most versatile.

If things were getting too hectic I could just find a quiet little corner and pull enemies from afar and kill them one by one. Or I could just get up close and use it to push them off into the air and kill them that way.

I made good use of Undertow on the later stages. I'd hide, pull in 3 enemies and shotgun them at pointblank range. Very effective.

Did anyone do much vigour combining? I remember that being a big thing of Bioshock 2 that I thought was really clever and helpful. Infinite seemed to track your vigour combinations, but I never found it easy to really switch quickly, nor did I ever figure out good combinations.

#13 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1872 posts) -

I really liked Bucking Bronco and Return to Sender, but Undertow is maybe my favorite. I loved throwing groups of dudes off of their ships towards the end of the game.

#14 Posted by mems1224 (276 posts) -

Even though I probably used Shock Jockey most of the game I really loved Charge when you got the explosive upgrade

#15 Edited by AlecOfTheWest (290 posts) -

The murder of crows vigor is my favorite stylistically, it's just too bad it seems to be more of a stunner than anything else. Charge would probably be the one I used the most (although a lot of times I would end up charging myself into the middle of a large group of enemies.)

#16 Posted by Shortstuff925 (7 posts) -

I used return to sender the most after I obtained it. It was a life saver in the last couple of battles and against the siren.

#17 Posted by Dalai (7093 posts) -

Charge was the vigor I enjoyed using the most, but the Murder of Crows is a nice, subtle homage to the Bioshock bees.

I miss the bees.

#18 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

I used undertow a lot but it basically took any form of challenge out of the game.

#19 Edited by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I NEVER realised that you could possess vendors when I played through the game. Seems like it would be very helpful on the higher difficulties, especially considering how happy Elizabeth is to throw you salts. Perhaps this is why I wasn't even close to having every upgrade.

Even with possessing each vending machine and picking up all the cash you can find, I don't think it's possible to purchase every upgrade. Possession definitely helps you spec out your favorite weapons/vigors but there are too many to broadly upgrade them all, I think.

#20 Posted by JadeGL (992 posts) -

Undertow, pull a guy to you, then shoot him in the face. Or pull a guy to you, and push him off the side of Columbia. Rinse repeat.

#21 Edited by Jrinswand (1713 posts) -

I haven't gotten them all (I only just got the Shock Jockey), but so far it's Murder of Crows. I like watching crows rip dudes faces off.

Edit: I'm primarily a shotgun player, so I'm looking forward to things like Charge and Undertow.

#22 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@jadegl said:

Undertow, pull a guy to you, then shoot him in the face. Or pull a guy to you, and push him off the side of Columbia. Rinse repeat.

Rinse repeat, no pun intended?

Return to sender is definitely my favorite, the sound of bullets blasting your shield, hurling a big red orb of pain at your enemies, and that cool magnetic skeleton hand effect it gives you. It's just an amazing vigor overall, charge was pretty great too.

#23 Posted by 49th (2900 posts) -

Fully upgraded bucking bronco is the best! They stay in the air for such a long time, it's great for crowd control and it's just fun.

#24 Posted by DizzyMedal (401 posts) -

I liked shock jockey, but did anyone ever find a non-story required gate/door it could open. I always kept an eye out but I must have missed them.

#25 Edited by MyNiceIceLife (641 posts) -

I used shock jockey the most and devil's kiss when the situation called for it, but really didn't use any of the other ones.

#26 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2471 posts) -

Bucking Bronco and Shock Jockey all the way for me. Never touched the rest of them.

#27 Edited by Redbullet685 (6107 posts) -

I definitely used Bucking Bronco the most. Its just so effective to most every enemy.

#28 Edited by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

Possession. It was my go-to constantly and it lead me to kind of play the game like Syndicate.

#29 Edited by Mirado (1069 posts) -

Shock Jockey. With the upgrade that allows for it to hit multiple enemies, and two specific pieces of gear (Storm gear which will chain it upon an enemy's death while under its effects, and the Overkill gear which applies the stun upon...overkill, I guess), you just chain stun whole rooms of enemies for the price of one zap.

#30 Posted by JadeGL (992 posts) -

@jadegl said:

Rinse

repeat, no pun intended?

Return to sender is definitely my favorite, the sound of bullets blasting your shield, hurling a big red orb of pain at your enemies, and that cool magnetic skeleton hand effect it gives you. It's just an amazing vigor overall, charge was pretty great too.

Ha! Didn't even realize that until you pointed it out.

I couldn't "get" Return to Sender. I want to replay the game in 1999 mode and I might try to use it more there. it sounds super helpful. I just didn't get the hang of it when I did my initial playthrough. Plus I was having way too much fun with Undertow and Bucking Bronco.

#31 Edited by bitchypixels (67 posts) -

I mostly used return to sender and charge. Nothing like hurling a huge ball of bullets into your enemies and charging to finish them off.

#32 Edited by Chibithor (573 posts) -

Crows. That hand, man, so cool! The trap-on-death upgrade also meant that a big group of enemies turns into a chain reaction of crows so I can just pick them one by one while they stay stunned. Possession was my second choice, honestly apart from zapping the guys immune to crows I used crows+possession pretty much exclusively.

#33 Posted by DoctorTran (1576 posts) -

I used Shock Jockey the Most... I loved electrocuting guys and then blowing them up. Fun stuff.

#34 Edited by OllyOxenFree (5003 posts) -

Crows along with the charge, Send the birds out and then just rush the muthafuckas.

#35 Posted by ArtisanBreads (4074 posts) -

Undertow and Bucking Bronco was my combo, Undertow is the best tho.

Pulling in distant enemies, multiple at a time, and then killing them with one shotgun blast, also near the end of the game, tons of opportunities to push enemies to their deaths.

#36 Edited by OurSin_360 (956 posts) -

I used electricity, levitate, and ram the most. I used the fire ability against the handymen and the shield one worked well when getting swarmed by a bunch of enemies. I found possess took up to much salt and the crow thing didn't work on machines so i hardly used it. I don't really remember the names and the other vigors i didn't use at all and found one completely useless.

#37 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@jadegl said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@jadegl said:

Rinse

repeat, no pun intended?

Ha! Didn't even realize that until you pointed it out.

I couldn't "get" Return to Sender. I want to replay the game in 1999 mode and I might try to use it more there. it sounds super helpful. I just didn't get the hang of it when I did my initial playthrough. Plus I was having way too much fun with Undertow and Bucking Bronco.

Yeah, it takes a little work and some upgrades to get it to be functioning but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty great. Bucking Bronco was a pretty fun vigor and was usually my panic button since it comes out so quickly.

#38 Edited by cloudymusic (1269 posts) -

Murder of Crows (fully upgraded, especially) was by far my favorite. A single cast will afflict nearly a whole room; let it spread from all of the corpses of the enemies that you kill, and it lingers around long enough that it usually catches newly-spawned enemies too. All you have to do is mow them down and loot the bodies.

For enemies that are immune to the crows, Shock Jockey usually works.

#39 Posted by coakroach (2493 posts) -

They're all pretty awesome, kind of wish I could just have both hands shooting vigors instead of having to use guns

#40 Posted by dgtlty (175 posts) -

They're all awesome and I was compelled to use them all rather equally on my first playthrough, except Undertow and Return to Sender. I'll be sure to try them out more so on my next run.

No love for Devil's Kiss? That was my favourite early on and once fully upgraded it was deadly.

#41 Edited by TheMasterDS (2200 posts) -

Murder of Crows. It's great for keeping guys all over the map down and chains a little when you get a bunch of kills with it because it makes nests. Prefer it to Bucking Bronco and Shock Jockey though upgraded Shock Jockey seems really powerful judging from Vinny's play style. I've upgraded it now in my hard playthrough, may try using it in the final hour now.

I also ended up getting a liking for Devil's Kiss during the... err... Late Game Pseudo Stealth Sequence... first time through. Really good when you fail to be stealthy. During my second playthrough I upgraded it early, used it sometimes.

Undertow is really really useful for certain situations. Really useful for certain situations. When you can push people to their deaths namely. Worth upgrading the range for that.

Possession is cool. Except for patriots who get unpossessed too quickly. Wish robots suicided when they were done.

Charge and Return to Sender are of limited use to me. Charge because I don't want to get too close to people and Return To Sender because it seems like people tend to not shoot me when I'm trying to pull a fast one with it causing it to run out while I'm looking for bullets and, after, when I'm looking for a high priority target to throw it at and miss.

#42 Posted by handlas (2801 posts) -

Surprised so few like Possession. Takes the heat off of you and gets you several kills usually. It's basically making 1999 mode easy and I'm half way through it. I definitely played Hard wrong because I upgraded my health and not salt. Upgrading salt in 1999 mode and using Possession a lot.

#43 Posted by ModernAlkemie (366 posts) -

Murder of Crows upgraded with the trap-on-death completely shut down whole encounter groups of enemies.

Once I had the upgraded Hand Cannon, the Crow chain reaction could hold down the entire arena and I could one-shot enemies with the Hand Cannon at my leisure-which resulted in more Crows!

#44 Posted by jiggajoe14 (900 posts) -

Possession because I got so much enjoyment out of watching enemies blow their brains out.

#45 Posted by awesomeusername (4251 posts) -

I loved Bucking Bronco, Murder of Crows & Devils Kiss mixed together was awesome. Flaming Birds pecking floating dudes? YES! But I definitely loved Bucking Bronco the most. I have to try Undertow, Charge & Return To Sender on my next playthrough. I found Undertow useful when I got it but never used it pass that level. I was having to much fun with the first 3. About Return to Sender, I had no idea how to use it so I never used it. Will have to work with that next playthrough also.

Did anyone do much vigour combining? I remember that being a big thing of Bioshock 2 that I thought was really clever and helpful. Infinite seemed to track your vigour combinations, but I never found it easy to really switch quickly, nor did I ever figure out good combinations.

I actually got the trophy for doing all the Vigor combinations by accident. Didn't even notice I was combining them until I got the trophy. Just mix up all the Vigor's and you'll end up finding some really useful ones. Or just look it up online. It's really fun finding combos though.

#46 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3939 posts) -

Crows with death trap was the one I went back to the most. You could clear out big groups pretty effectively with it. Bit me in the butt once when I went back through the same area with Vox allies and the traps were still there. The Vox triggered them, got pissed and attacked me. But yeah that one was real good. Also upgraded Possess was good for turrets and Patriots.

Also somehow I totally missed how to switch Vigors and ended up playing through more then half of it with just what I got through the story. Felt reeeeal dumb.

#47 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Always be Murder of Crowing

#49 Posted by Demoskinos (15300 posts) -

Possession has been SO useful on 1999.

#50 Posted by crusader8463 (14433 posts) -

Crows crowd control was the only one I found to be of any use. I would just use that and pop the shield if/when I got under heavy fire.