Delete... maybe? T-103 Page.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

So upon noticing that there are separate pages for Tyrant (which already has some brief overviews in there for all of the different models) and T-103, this made me wonder just how best to represent the multiple tyrant models encountered throughout Resident Evil. A lot of them are mass produced bio-organic weapons within the fiction so, they're not necessarily individual characters. Though they're also never encountered as regular enemies.

Still, it would probably make more sense that there be a character page to encompass all of the Tyrant types, if not a concept page even. Having a unique character page for T-103 would then mean that every other Tyrant model should get one, which is perhaps a bit much given how bloody many there are.

Though that also brings into question if Nemesis is worth having its own character page, too. It's at least a little more unique, since canonically there's only been the one throughout the series I believe. So I would personally think it fair if he keeps his own little space, rather than getting generalised with all of the lesser tyrants, whom are sheer gutter trash in comparison U_U

So, in short:

1. Tyrant character page?
  2. Tyrant concept page?
  3. Multiple Tyrant character pages??
  4. Multiple Tyrant concept pages... ?!
McBobbyFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By McBobbyFresh

I like your idea of a Tyrant character page encompassing all Tyrants. While doing so we can make more detailed descriptions of each type of Tyrant. Nemesis would be the only exception to this rule. I think Nemesis would receive a smaller bio on the Tyrant page, but more detailed on his own character page, due to the focus on him in Resident Evil 3... This way when info on Tyrants is searched it'll be fewer clicks to get that info.

I'd be down for editing the wikis if needed. (adding better descriptions for the different tyrants, etc.)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcbobbyfresh: Yeah, if it was to be made into a concept you could then tie Nemesis as a related-character, so it's all still within the same ballpark pretty much.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pr1mus

Nemesis also has some elaborate dialogues! He's a proper character! No seriously he is.

I support the idea for the Tyrant page. One page for all the tyrant variants.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@pr1mus: Ah, but a character or concept page? Thus is the conundrum!

...Probably concept, much like the very detailed & well written Hunter page we have up on here!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Tyrants are a concept, Nemesis is a character. There is only one Nemesis, but there have been plenty of Tyrants.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@yummylee: Concept. That hunter page is exactly what should be done for the tyrants.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@arbitrarywater: That's basically the gist, though I figured it'd be appropriate if I make a thread discussing it anywhoo just in case, rather than straight-up asking for the deletion of the T-103 page without any questions asked.

Also, to transfer the info on the Tyrant character page into another Tyrant concept page instead.

McBobbyFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then detailed tyrant concept page its agreed?

McBobbyFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McBobbyFresh

Sorry, I meant to say tyrant concept page in my first post. Not character. I definitely like using the hunter page as our basis.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcbobbyfresh: Sure, but it's still best we wait for mod/staff input to officially deem it OK. And, to also delete the T-103 and current Tyrant character pages at that.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

@arbitrarywater said:

There is only one Nemesis, but there have been plenty of Tyrants.

Not in Project X Zone. Billions of those things.

Oh, and similar question: Should we create a Mega Man concept page for all the different Mega Men throughout series history? Classic and X are the same person (kind of (I think (maybe))), but then you have Volnutt and the EXE version and all the other ones.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Rock and X are not the same! Are you mad?!¿

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Nemesis is untouchable as a character page upon its appearance in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#17 chaser324  Moderator

Sure. I'm in favor of this Tyrant concept page and Nemesis character page, but I'd prefer to let a mod that spends more time on wiki matters chime in before taking any action.

McBobbyFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McBobbyFresh

@yummylee: always ;) Ive always thought of it as an unspoken rule.

McBobbyFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: seems to be the general consensus.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#20 ZombiePie  Staff

The T-103 and Tyrant character pages have been flagged for deletion. Feel free to create the aforementioned "Tyrant" concept page in the mean time.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers