Points Survey... Help us adjust scores...

• 126 results
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By BoG

I was wrong, we were all wrong, the points were just fine. Please cut the point totals someway. I'm getting too many points. I'd say cutting current values in half would be good.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#102  Edited By Lies
LordAndrew said:
"Newten said:
"Oh by the way MasturbatingBear, how the hell did you get OVER 6,000 points on the smash bros melee page? The entire melee wiki isn't worth that much even if you had done the entire thing yourself! I was just on the melee page and saw you on there and though wtf???

And I just looked at your profile, how come you have a little over 8,000 points, but when I scroll down to your top contributions and add them up, it should be much more, what's going on?"
By my calculations, he has a total of 20,570 points worth of contributions. When compared with the number showing on his profile, he's missing 12,008 points.
What happened? Were you stripped of 12,000 points for wiki abuse? It sure looks that way."
Nah, the system's buggy like that. There are a ton of users with mismatched points counts like that. System's not perfect, and often it awards points on the page but not to your total.

I know I'm kinda ruining your personal attacks on Bear here by bringing these pesky facts to the table here, but them's the breaks.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By pyromaniac
Lies said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Newten said:
"Oh by the way MasturbatingBear, how the hell did you get OVER 6,000 points on the smash bros melee page? The entire melee wiki isn't worth that much even if you had done the entire thing yourself! I was just on the melee page and saw you on there and though wtf???

And I just looked at your profile, how come you have a little over 8,000 points, but when I scroll down to your top contributions and add them up, it should be much more, what's going on?"
By my calculations, he has a total of 20,570 points worth of contributions. When compared with the number showing on his profile, he's missing 12,008 points.
What happened? Were you stripped of 12,000 points for wiki abuse? It sure looks that way."
Nah, the system's buggy like that. There are a ton of users with mismatched points counts like that. System's not perfect, and often it awards points on the page but not to your total.

I know I'm kinda ruining your personal attacks on Bear here by bringing these pesky facts to the table here, but them's the breaks."
Wrong Lies...Masturbating Bear actually did get caught for cheating..he had his point total reset...
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Lies
pyromaniac said:
"Lies said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Newten said:

I know I'm kinda ruining your personal attacks on Bear here by bringing these pesky facts to the table here, but them's the breaks."
Wrong Lies...Masturbating Bear actually did get caught for cheating..he had his point total reset..."
Oh. Well now I sure look like a fool don't I?

I'll just be over on the Halo 3 Recon page.... (Although that is a known bug where the total's don't match. Figured it was what happened to Bear. Guess that teaches me to stick my nose into random discussions). Anyways, carry on.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Endogene
BoG said:
"I was wrong, we were all wrong, the points were just fine. Please cut the point totals someway. I'm getting too many points. I'd say cutting current values in half would be good."
Guess that would be fine, plus that would still be more than it was before.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By pyromaniac
Lies said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Lies said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Newten said:

Wrong Lies...Masturbating Bear actually did get caught for cheating..he had his point total reset..."
Oh. Well now I sure look like a fool don't I?

I'll just be over on the Halo 3 Recon page.... (Although that is a known bug where the total's don't match. Figured it was what happened to Bear. Guess that teaches me to stick my nose into random discussions). Anyways, carry on."
yeah I guess they "took" care of that bug but certain people cheated in the first month or so...Bear made some pointless, completely nasty and idiotic characters/concept pages. Another dude Carmel chewey got perma banned. I think you might know him Lies...
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Lies
pyromaniac said:
yeah I guess they "took" care of that bug but certain people cheated in the first month or so...Bear made some pointless, completely nasty and idiotic characters/concept pages. Another dude Carmel chewey got perma banned. I think you might know him Lies..."
Oh, I hate that guy. So glad he got banned. Anyways, the new points system is crazy inflated. I like it, but I don't like how all my old submission weren't retroactively affected. I know that is probably impossible, but it's kinda a weird disparity now.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#108  Edited By LordAndrew
BoG said:
"I was wrong, we were all wrong, the points were just fine. Please cut the point totals someway. I'm getting too many points. I'd say cutting current values in half would be good."
Yeah, I think half of what we're getting now would probably be acceptable.
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By breton
BoG said:
Indeed. When I get 300 points for adding links and thumbnails to a page, I see the error in my ways.
CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#110  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

Wait, what? What's going on? Are we getting too many points now? O_o Did the system change?

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By breton
Newten said:
"Wait, what? What's going on? Are we getting too many points now? O_o Did the system change?"
Yeah, it changed a day or two ago. We're getting a shitload of points. While I'm not particularly upset about pure text(albeit, it is a bit high), bullet points, images, links, appear to have skyrocketed. Read here if you want to see whats already been said.
CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

OK, thanks for the info breton.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

pyromaniac said:
"Lies said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Newten said:

how was I caught cheating? moron get your facts straight. I just created a character page which did not belong(that was my fault and i apologized which is why im back) and i only got my points reset cause i got points in it, which i wasn't trying to do, but I had over 11,000 before they was reset back to 1000. Reason they let me back is cause they looked at my history and saw that I had been making good contributions to the site.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By LordAndrew

Why is it that you always feel the need to insult people?

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

So... you created a character page, and they took away 10,000 points? That doesn't sound right...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Endogene
Newten said:
"So... you created a character page, and they took away 10,000 points? That doesn't sound right..."
Fight it out over PM, don't bump this thread with off topic talk.
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#117  Edited By Otacon

Well I have written a fair amount of text entries but have submitted very few pics, I think only a slight rise to text and a slight decrease to pics needs to be made.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Endogene
Otacon said:
"Well I have written a fair amount of text entries but have submitted very few pics, I think only a slight rise to text and a slight decrease to pics needs to be made."
the change already happened. Text is now worth a ton of points as compared to images.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#119  Edited By BoG
Newten said:
"So... you created a character page, and they took away 10,000 points? That doesn't sound right..."
That's right. He was using the system and making character pages he knew didn't belong. He got caught, and was banned for a while, and had his points reset. The fact that we granted him his wiki privilege is a testament to his record of good contributions. It's really a once in a lifetime occurrence.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoG said:
"Newten said:
That's right. He was using the system and making character pages he knew didn't belong. He got caught, and was banned for a while, and had his points reset. The fact that we granted him his wiki privilege is a testament to his record of good contributions. It's really a once in a lifetime occurrence."
Thanks for the backup
CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

Personally I think that was a bit harsh. I would have asked bear what games these characters were in and if he had no answer, I would have deleted the pages and told him not to do it again. But a ban and a loss of 10,000 points?!? He lost all the points he made from good contributions, dude thats not right.

Unless he made like 20 character pages or something, but I bet it was only a few.

Anyway we better get back on topic, I still think the GoW2 page should be worth about 350, does anyone have any idea what it would be worth now on the adjusted point system?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By LordAndrew

It was already clear what games they were in: MapleStory. However, they weren't actual characters. It was him, his friend, and some guy he doesn't like. And the content of those pages... Well, I don't want to talk about that.

My estimate for the Gears of War 2 page under the new point system is 950 points.

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By CaptainScarLeg
LordAndrew said:
"It was already clear what games they were in: MapleStory. However, they weren't actual characters. It was him, his friend, and some guy he doesn't like. And the content of those pages... Well, I don't want to talk about that.

My estimate for the Gears of War 2 page under the new point system is 950 points."
Oh right I see... O_o

950? If thats anywhere near acurate then the new system is way too generous. None of us have said it should be worth more than 500.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#124  Edited By Disgaeamad
Newten said:
"950? If thats anywhere near acurate then the new system is way too generous. None of us have said it should be worth more than 500."
Well, a couple of people said 600ish. But yeah, the new system really is too generous, it doesn't feel right gaining 900+ points for an article that should be worth 300 - 400.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordAndrew said:
"It was already clear what games they were in: MapleStory. However, they weren't actual characters. It was him, his friend, and some guy he doesn't like. And the content of those pages... Well, I don't want to talk about that.

My estimate for the Gears of War 2 page under the new point system is 950 points."
some guy I don't like? Again it was joke pages...
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordAndrew said:

some guy I don't like? Again it was joke pages...