12 months of explosive games. That's a whole year!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Edited By AhmadMetallic

No Caption Provided
In a week it will be one year since it hit me on a cold winter night in bed, while on the toilet, eating a pizza, that 2011 was going to be so massive, it'll need it's own dedicated releases thread. And then this titan came to life. 
And now that I look back at these 12 months, I realize that this has been one of the most significant years of my life. 

Looking back

Let's do a little comparison: 
Pre-2011, I was a fat unemployed long-haired teenager. I still thought i was 'special', like any idiot teenager would, and I had absurd principles and an overall childish mentality. On January 2011,  
I got a new amazing job of few hours and big pay.. a lot of socializing and traveling, hours spent on the highways enjoying a good drive and great views all across the country. The hair was gone, wardrobe was updated.. I also lost a little weight, started working out once a week. And I grew up mentally, started cutting back on the teenager bullshit. 
12 months and the job is still going great, I'm very grateful for having a steady paycheck and a big-time employer taking care of my insurance. 
 I've also visited the university of Jerusalem for two days and applied there, so there's that.  Weed burns my fucking throat. 

My very first completed RPG? Bias obligatory.
Pre-2011, I had a tired 8600GT PC, on which I mostly played shooters, third person action adventure games, and a few 3D platformers.  
In 2011 I got the most beastly gaming monster I've ever owned, started playing RPGs (I still can't believe I've beaten a few, including THE WITCHER), and my gaming taste evolved immensely. Not to mention that I've been transforming my gaming habits into more stable persistent ones, rather than the moody "I'm quitting this game halfway through" / "This game sucks and I won't try to change my opinion" style I used to have.  
I remember the first time I tried The Witcher in 2008. It scared me. I didn't sleep that night. Feels good to evolve as a gamer, conquer the genres and playstyles and game scopes that used to exhaust and put you off.

Pre-2011, I was 19, this year I turned 20. That's a big deal, bro.   

Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, looking forward to the whee kend.
And last but not least, on January of this year I decided to become an active organizer of the Giant Bomb community in playing games such as Bad Company 2, Team Fortress 2, Red Orchestra 2, Brink, Battlefield 2/Battlefield 2142 and Battlefield 3 together.  Thanks to Sweep for jumpstarting this whole shindig with a BC2 thread and Steam group.
Not all of them were a success, but the ones that were (TF2 for 3 months, BC2 for 10 months, and now the focus has shifted to BF3 and it has been going strong), have been the most amazing multiplayer experiences of my life.   
I never thought I'd rent and maintain two servers for this community, and here we are today, with that reality. 
The fact that running with you guys in BC2 and BF3 has exceeded the fun I had during my Battlefield 2 clan days, says a lot to me.

As I try to gather and HOLD ON TO the titles that came out this year, in my mind, and fail miserably every time as they slip and pour out of my ears, I feel I have a few things to say about the experiences that mattered to me the most.  

RPGs? RPGs!

Like I mentioned above, I was never into RPGs, simply because I could never get into them.  
Ages 5 through 12, I played Commander Keen 4, Duke Nukem 1, DOOM 2 (oh the nightmares),  Fifa 99, Crazy Taxi, Need for Speed 2 and GTA 2.  Then I became best friends with this crazy kid who liked screaming long-hair freaks with their guitars and blood-filled music videos (I love how I hated metal music), who introduced me to Max Payne, Halo: CE, Call of Duty 1, MU Online, Age of Empires and The Punisher
Then I went on to explore games on my own, lurking the articles and calendars of Gamespot.com, playing all the triple-A "fun" games that everyone plays.
 WHERE'S THE FLASHING MISSIONS INDICATOR? THE INVISIBLE WALLS?

Tried to get into Jade Empire in 2006, Oblivion in 2007. The Witcher in 2008. Mass Effect in 2009, and the result was always the same: "I can't take this crowded HUD, I can't endure the aimless wandering, I have too much freedom, It's uncomfortable for me. Also, too many vicious enemies, I'm too vulnerable, aren't I supposed to kill everyone and be boss?" 
Then by some miracle, I forced myself to sit through Mass Effect, learn how to interact with the HUD, use the weapons properly, ACTUALLY CONVERSE WITH AI (what the fuuuuuuck?) and make decisions.  
Next thing I know I had beaten the game, and it's sequel, and began fiddling with the riddled-with-the-unknown Oblivion.  

The highlight of my year, however, was The Witcher.  
I never realized that such video games actually existed. The ever-charming fiction of a fantasy RPG, combined with a strong character who has seen and been through a lot, compelling swordplay and magic combat, extremely diverse and breathtaking environments infested with lively beasts and plants of all shapes and traits, and most of all, a TERRIFIC political story where a neutral man must pick a side, and to top it all off, a fascinating mind-fuck ending.. 
Absolutely tremendous game that has given "gaming" a new meaning to me.

Honorable mention to S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, which I've been trying to access/enjoy for 4 years, only to beat it in two weeks earlier this year and jump into its sequel!

A certified persistent gamer

Yes, I achieved that certificate recently. Thank you, it wasn't easy! 
 This is the year when I stopped myself from bailing out on games for long periods of time (or forever), like I used to it. My average progress in a video game was 70%, at which point I stopped playing that game (yes, I used to either lose interest or get scared off whenever the pre-last stages of a game began).  

keep going. KEEP GOING. 
keep going. KEEP GOING. 
This year, with games such as the new Dead Space 2, Alice: Madness Returns, Bulletstorm, Skyrim, Hydrophobia Prophecy, Portal 2, Bastion, Trine 2, Witcher 2, the a-little-old S.T.A.L.K.E.R all of Pripyat, James Bond: Blood Stone, inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty, and the aforementioned The Witcher and S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, I kept going, didn't let the occasional frustrations hinder my progress, and found the persistence (in some cases, addiction) to be extremely enjoyable. 

No more moody cowardly playstyles, it's time to take the dedication to the next level with these games, as they themselves have grown in caliber and scope.

In retrospect: 2011

*Crysis 2 was the biggest disappointment I had in anything ever. Whenever I think of the misfortunes of 2011 in the future (personal ones), mine will be Crysis 2. 
I will hold a urinating ceremony every year where I take my copy of Crysis 2 and drench it in warm piss on its release day.  You are welcome to grab your penis and join me in this piss festival. Bring your own copy!
Way to give a massive finger to the work of genius that was Crysis, Crytek. 

*The Witcher, as I said and will say again, is my 2011 [non-2011 year] game of the year. Thank you to CD Projekt RED for changing me as a video game player. 
*Dead Island, thank you for being the straw that broke the camel's back. No. More. Survival. Games. 
*Oh Duke.... I'm sorry, man. 
*Portal 2, game of the year. 
*Playing Oblivion for 38 hours this year totally prepared me for the mammoth that is Skyrim. Will be playing this same playthrough in 2013, and I can't wait to get there. 
*Dead Space 2 is among my top 10, but I do not desire a sequel. No more.   
*Limbo came out on PC this year, and it wins my Best Atmospheric Game Of The Year award. It has been my Downloadable game of the year until Trine 2 kicked the door down and punched it off that throne.

*A good year for PC games. I enjoyed giving the makers of Witcher 2, Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3 full price on their great contribution to the platform. Hopefully I will expand into RTS/Indie PC games in 2012 and support them too. 

*Assassin's Creed.. What can I say? If I'm a fanboy of any non-multiplayer game, it's Assassin's Creed. I fucking love Assassin's Creed. And I think I'm in love with Altair..  
However, Revelations is one big meh :( 

They didn't improve the AI at all. A guard can still stare at you for 5 seconds and not see you (as long as the yellow indicator doesn't go red!)
  They didn't improve the AI at all. A guard can still stare at you for 5 seconds and not see you (as long as the yellow indicator doesn't go red!)

You still climb around like an idiot and wait to drop on dudes from above... 

Oh hey, chests of valuable loot sitting perfectly still ontop a bunch of barrels right next to the doorway.
Oh hey, chests of valuable loot sitting perfectly still ontop a bunch of barrels right next to the doorway.

And then Jigsaw unlocks the gate to the next setpiece 

Interesting, but... I think I'll pass from now on. Sorry, Assassins.

Apologies  

• To Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for snubbing it in favor of other games this year. Will totally buy it on the nearest sale to play in 2012.  
  • To Bastion, for judging it based on the demo and resenting it. Now that I've decided to buy and play it on Steam, I change my opinion completely. But it's not entirely my fault. The way the game is built to be understood (understanding the mechanics, combat and pacing) is a total hit and miss.. You either get it, or you struggle trying to find the correct playstyle. I feel Super Giant Games should've made the learning process a little smoother, since you jump in expecting a simple downloadable game! 

Most anticipated 2012 game 

No Caption Provided
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

No Caption Provided
In a week it will be one year since it hit me on a cold winter night in bed, while on the toilet, eating a pizza, that 2011 was going to be so massive, it'll need it's own dedicated releases thread. And then this titan came to life. 
And now that I look back at these 12 months, I realize that this has been one of the most significant years of my life. 

Looking back

Let's do a little comparison: 
Pre-2011, I was a fat unemployed long-haired teenager. I still thought i was 'special', like any idiot teenager would, and I had absurd principles and an overall childish mentality. On January 2011,  
I got a new amazing job of few hours and big pay.. a lot of socializing and traveling, hours spent on the highways enjoying a good drive and great views all across the country. The hair was gone, wardrobe was updated.. I also lost a little weight, started working out once a week. And I grew up mentally, started cutting back on the teenager bullshit. 
12 months and the job is still going great, I'm very grateful for having a steady paycheck and a big-time employer taking care of my insurance. 
 I've also visited the university of Jerusalem for two days and applied there, so there's that.  Weed burns my fucking throat. 

Pre-2011, I had a tired 8600GT PC, on which I mostly played shooters, third person action adventure games, and a few 3D platformers.  
In 2011 I got the most beastly gaming monster I've ever owned, started playing RPGs (I still can't believe I've beaten a few, including THE WITCHER), and my gaming taste evolved immensely. Not to mention that I've been transforming my gaming habits into more stable persistent ones, rather than the moody "I'm quitting this game halfway through" / "This game sucks and I won't try to change my opinion" style I used to have.  
I remember the first time I tried The Witcher in 2008. It scared me. I didn't sleep that night. Feels good to evolve as a gamer, conquer the genres and playstyles and game scopes that used to exhaust and put you off.

Pre-2011, I was 19, this year I turned 20. That's a big deal, bro.   

And last but not least, on January of this year I decided to become an active organizer of the Giant Bomb community in playing games such as Bad Company 2, Team Fortress 2, Red Orchestra 2, Brink, Battlefield 2/Battlefield 2142 and Battlefield 3 together.  Thanks to Sweep for jumpstarting this whole shindig with a BC2 thread and Steam group.
Not all of them were a success, but the ones that were (TF2 for 3 months, BC2 for 10 months, and now the focus has shifted to BF3 and it has been going strong), have been the most amazing multiplayer experiences of my life.   
I never thought I'd rent and maintain two servers for this community, and here we are today, with that reality. 
The fact that running with you guys in BC2 and BF3 has exceeded the fun I had during my Battlefield 2 clan days, says a lot to me.

As I try to gather and HOLD ON TO the titles that came out this year, in my mind, and fail miserably every time as they slip and pour out of my ears, I feel I have a few things to say about the experiences that mattered to me the most.  

RPGs? RPGs!

Like I mentioned above, I was never into RPGs, simply because I could never get into them.  
Ages 5 through 12, I played Commander Keen 4, Duke Nukem 1, DOOM 2 (oh the nightmares),  Fifa 99, Crazy Taxi, Need for Speed 2 and GTA 2.  Then I became best friends with this crazy kid who liked screaming long-hair freaks with their guitars and blood-filled music videos (I love how I hated metal music), who introduced me to Max Payne, Halo: CE, Call of Duty 1, MU Online, Age of Empires and The Punisher
Then I went on to explore games on my own, lurking the articles and calendars of Gamespot.com, playing all the triple-A "fun" games that everyone plays.

Tried to get into Jade Empire in 2006, Oblivion in 2007. The Witcher in 2008. Mass Effect in 2009, and the result was always the same: "I can't take this crowded HUD, I can't endure the aimless wandering, I have too much freedom, It's uncomfortable for me. Also, too many vicious enemies, I'm too vulnerable, aren't I supposed to kill everyone and be boss?" 
Then by some miracle, I forced myself to sit through Mass Effect, learn how to interact with the HUD, use the weapons properly, ACTUALLY CONVERSE WITH AI (what the fuuuuuuck?) and make decisions.  
Next thing I know I had beaten the game, and it's sequel, and began fiddling with the riddled-with-the-unknown Oblivion.  

The highlight of my year, however, was The Witcher.  
I never realized that such video games actually existed. The ever-charming fiction of a fantasy RPG, combined with a strong character who has seen and been through a lot, compelling swordplay and magic combat, extremely diverse and breathtaking environments infested with lively beasts and plants of all shapes and traits, and most of all, a TERRIFIC political story where a neutral man must pick a side, and to top it all off, a fascinating mind-fuck ending.. 
Absolutely tremendous game that has given "gaming" a new meaning to me.

Honorable mention to S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, which I've been trying to access/enjoy for 4 years, only to beat it in two weeks earlier this year and jump into its sequel!

A certified persistent gamer

Yes, I achieved that certificate recently. Thank you, it wasn't easy! 
 This is the year when I stopped myself from bailing out on games for long periods of time (or forever), like I used to it. My average progress in a video game was 70%, at which point I stopped playing that game (yes, I used to either lose interest or get scared off whenever the pre-last stages of a game began).  

keep going. KEEP GOING. 
keep going. KEEP GOING. 
This year, with games such as the new Dead Space 2, Alice: Madness Returns, Bulletstorm, Skyrim, Hydrophobia Prophecy, Portal 2, Bastion, Trine 2, Witcher 2, the a-little-old S.T.A.L.K.E.R all of Pripyat, James Bond: Blood Stone, inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty, and the aforementioned The Witcher and S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, I kept going, didn't let the occasional frustrations hinder my progress, and found the persistence (in some cases, addiction) to be extremely enjoyable. 

No more moody cowardly playstyles, it's time to take the dedication to the next level with these games, as they themselves have grown in caliber and scope.

In retrospect: 2011

*Crysis 2 was the biggest disappointment I had in anything ever. Whenever I think of the misfortunes of 2011 in the future (personal ones), mine will be Crysis 2. 
I will hold a urinating ceremony every year where I take my copy of Crysis 2 and drench it in warm piss on its release day.  You are welcome to grab your penis and join me in this piss festival. Bring your own copy!
Way to give a massive finger to the work of genius that was Crysis, Crytek. 

*The Witcher, as I said and will say again, is my 2011 [non-2011 year] game of the year. Thank you to CD Projekt RED for changing me as a video game player. 
*Dead Island, thank you for being the straw that broke the camel's back. No. More. Survival. Games. 
*Oh Duke.... I'm sorry, man. 
*Portal 2, game of the year. 
*Playing Oblivion for 38 hours this year totally prepared me for the mammoth that is Skyrim. Will be playing this same playthrough in 2013, and I can't wait to get there. 
*Dead Space 2 is among my top 10, but I do not desire a sequel. No more.   
*Limbo came out on PC this year, and it wins my Best Atmospheric Game Of The Year award. It has been my Downloadable game of the year until Trine 2 kicked the door down and punched it off that throne.

*A good year for PC games. I enjoyed giving the makers of Witcher 2, Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3 full price on their great contribution to the platform. Hopefully I will expand into RTS/Indie PC games in 2012 and support them too. 

*Assassin's Creed.. What can I say? If I'm a fanboy of any non-multiplayer game, it's Assassin's Creed. I fucking love Assassin's Creed. And I think I'm in love with Altair..  
However, Revelations is one big meh :( 

Apologies  

• To Deus Ex: Human Revolution, for snubbing it in favor of other games this year. Will totally buy it on the nearest sale to play in 2012.  
  • To Bastion, for judging it based on the demo and resenting it. Now that I've decided to buy and play it on Steam, I change my opinion completely. But it's not entirely my fault. The way the game is built to be understood (understanding the mechanics, combat and pacing) is a total hit and miss.. You either get it, or you struggle trying to find the correct playstyle. I feel Super Giant Games should've made the learning process a little smoother, since you jump in expecting a simple downloadable game! 

Most anticipated 2012 game 

No Caption Provided
EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By EvilKatarn

I also beat The Witcher and it's sequel this year. The first one kind of bored me, but I persisted at the prospect of being able to transfer my save to the sequel, which turned out to be a worthwhile endeavor.

While Dark Souls is my GotY, Witcher 2 comes in a close second.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lockwoodx

I stopped reading when I noticed BF3 was up there.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

The last year has been a big one for me too as it has been the first year I have actually had the money to buy a proper gaming PC, and fuck I am glad. Ahh videogames.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By EuanDewar

Aint nothin' wrong with Rihanna or Nas. Even if Talk That Talk was a bit disappointing. She can do better. Never personally understood that sort of Instrumental stuff that Steve Vai and his peers put out. Always sounded cheesy to me and with no real substance but it obviously has an audience that enjoy it.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

So no Saints Row The Third? :(

@Buzzkill said:

Shhh shhh shhh shhh...shhh, it's gonna be okay little buzzkill.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dtat

Good read! I really want to get back into the Witcher 2 at some point. I don't know if it was the glut of other games to play, but I just put it down at some point and never picked it back up. I really should.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jimbo

*high fives*

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mandude

I don't know why Crysis 2 gets so much hate...sure it wasn't open ended, but the suit powers and gunplay was all highly tightened.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Animasta

witcher 2 is definitely mine, but you're probably right about the graphics :P cool list

I also turned 20 this year, as a matter of fact

Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Packie

*sigh* Crysis 2, Crysis 2, crysis 2.... Why Crytek? :(

A pretty good list. Dark Souls is my GOTY unless Portal 2 and Skyward Sword can prove otherwise.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoLines

It's either Portal 2 or Skyrim for me. But Saints Row 3 is up there fo' sho.

Cool list duder.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Jeust

Good read! Good luck with your next rpg!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Hizang

That was a fantastic read, well done dude!
Also I want one of those bed toilet things..

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Simplexity

@mandude: They turned something unique and quite special into a CoD rip off with the option to go invisible.

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

Good read and great list. I haven't played Trine 2 yet but I cannot see myself giving best downloadable title to anything other than Terraria. I've put some serious hours into that game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@AlexW00d said:

The last year has been a big one for me too as it has been the first year I have actually had the money to buy a proper gaming PC, and fuck I am glad.

Oh, you bought your current rig this year? How great that it coincided with our Battlefield gamenights, then! 

@EuanDewar said:

Never personally understood that sort of Instrumental stuff that Steve Vai and his peers put out. Always sounded cheesy to me and with no real substance 

Hmm, I understand that you might feel a form of void when you listen to the sound of a guy's fingers fiddling the strings of a loud guitar. The song I posted will absolutely change your mind, if you pay a little attention to it. Wanna bet? 

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

So no Saints Row The Third? :(

Added to the Apologies section :( 

@Buzzkill said:

Shhh shhh shhh shhh...shhh, it's gonna be okay little buzzkill.

With all due respect, dudes, you're not a real mature video game enthusiast until you've learned and acknowledged the appeal of a good teamwork-heavy competitive shooter, or any competitive genre for that matter. 

@Hizang said:
That was a fantastic read, well done dude! Also I want one of those bed toilet things..
Thanks, looking forward to your end-of-year blog! You can have your very own bed toilet pizzeria, in your mind.
EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EuanDewar
@AhmadMetallic I did listen to it and it just sounded like the sort of noodling around in scales that doesn't really appeal to me. I didn't find a lot to pay attention to. Different sounds appease different ears. I'm not mocking the sound, as I said he certainly has an audience. It just doesn't do anything for me.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@EuanDewar said:
Different sounds appease different ears.
Absolutely
SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SlasherMan

That was a fun read. Kind of mirrors my experiences with a few of those games.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mandude

@Prodstep said:

@mandude: They turned something unique and quite special into a CoD rip off with the option to go invisible.

Hmm, I'm not seeing that. The only thing it had in common with CoD was the linearity really, and that's hardly unique to CoD.

CoD features companions, areas that respawn enemies until you traverse it or complete some sort of goal, and there is virtually no stealth. By stealth, I don't just mean invisibility. Crysis 2 still retains the option to size up an area, and choose the best way to go about wiping everyone out or stealthing past it, before finally executing it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mordukai

I'm glad you had a great year but my year was filled with duds. The only game I really enjoyed this year was Portal 2 and that one was over way too quickly.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@SlasherMan said:

I feel your Witcher pain, bro :P 
It's like, Witcher 2 is AWESOME, but it's not what I looked forward to. 

@mandude said:

@Prodstep said:

Hmm, I'm not seeing that. The only thing it had in common with CoD was the linearity really, and that's hardly unique to CoD.

CoD features companions, areas that respawn enemies until you traverse it or complete some sort of goal, and there is virtually no stealth. By stealth, I don't just mean invisibility. Crysis 2 still retains the option to size up an area, and choose the best way to go about wiping everyone out or stealthing past it, before finally executing it.

Do you really want me to get started on Crysis 2? Seriously, I'm not responsible for what happens next! 
Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Wuddel

Interesting post. Still liked LA Noire. I am looking forward to the Witcher 2. It still is sitting on my hard drive. I only played the prologue. I haven't decided yet if I need to pull a Vinny and plow through Witcher 1 first.

Be prepared for this "cutting down on the bullshit, and growing up to be a man"-feeling to continue at an accelerating rate. Until midlife crisis I suppose.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mandude

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SlasherMan said:

I feel your Witcher pain, bro :P
It's like, Witcher 2 is AWESOME, but it's not what I looked forward to.

@mandude said:

@Prodstep said:

Do you really want me to get started on Crysis 2? Seriously, I'm not responsible for what happens next!

Ahaha, please enlighten me. Haha, I really wanna understand where the point of view comes from.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By Yummylee

Great to hear things going so well for ya, Ahmad. A damn shame my computer's so goddamn exempt of virtually everything required to be much of a gaming rig; the social aspect alone sounds like some fun times I wish I could be apart of, across all of those PC-centric multiplayer games.

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By moncole

I started playing BulletStorm and I am really enjoying it

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@mandude:  I'm totally gonna write you a proper reply when I have time to meditate and summon my hatred for C2. 

@Wuddel said:

I haven't decided yet if I need to pull a Vinny and plow through Witcher 1 first.

Be a good person and DO IT. That's what I did, and as you can see in 50% of this blog, The Witcher *...wait for it...* saved my life

@Abyssfull said:

Great to hear things going so well for ya, Ahmad. A damn shame my computer's so goddamn exempt of virtually everything required to be much of a gaming rig; the social aspect alone sounds like some fun times I wish I could be apart of, across all of those PC-centric multiplayer games.

Yea, it's a shame you can't join us, it's really something else. 
Here's a video of our latest heroic endeavor: 

Waiting for you end-of-your blog, Abyssfull!
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By Bruce

My PC is such a piece of shit; I can't even run the original Witcher.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Bruce said:

My PC is such a piece of shit; I can't even run the original Witcher.

If you could stop talking about music and blog about games you'd tell us all about it!
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Bruce

@AhmadMetallic:

Dude, I did a blog about games a month ago. Where were you? :)