• 102 results
#1 Edited by Branthog (5562 posts) -

This guy is auctioning his entire gaming collection, amassed over the last thirty years. It's only a little over half a million bucks. What a steal!

It includes at least 330 consoles, with 307 of them boxed. Over 220 controllers, with 167 of them boxed. Tons of accessories, almost 7,000 video games (almost all of them boxed). My house isn't even worth this much. I'm going to give up my meager attempt to build a video game collection, as of now. Nothing could ever be this glorious. *sigh*

Here's a ton of photos of his collection, on imageshack (something like 10,000 images, I think?).

Images of the room, itself, full of his collection begins, here.

Despite being packed tight, I'm even envious of how well he seems to be able to care for his stuff. I have to deal with dust, humidity, heat, cold, light, careless people in the house and so on. The idea of being able to put stuff in a room that could be perfectly cared for is just . . . such a pipe dream.

Oh, and I think he's in Italy. Imagine the shipping costs! Especially if you did it in a way that shit wouldn't be damaged in transit...

Daaaamn.

Also, here is his brief explanation:

After a life spent collecting video games I decide to sell off my entire collection.
I just have too much things and the space to store them is finished long ago... also I realized that if I want to play at least half of my games, I should live two or three entire human life...
Just to give an idea of the huge amount of items present in my collection, I spent the last two months of my life taking pictures and making lists, working about eight hours a day just in order to make an inventory and to figure out what I have. Even now after all the time spent checking things I’m not sure to have included all in the lists...
#2 Posted by SkankinPacman (77 posts) -

Oh man...if I was rich, like wear a suit made out of money rich, I would totally buy this.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

Daaaaayum is right.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

oh my god i want that DOAU Xbox

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3909 posts) -

Is that guy Jeff? If not don't show this to Jeff!

#6 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Branthog: Yeah, saw this as well. Freaking crazy, I sure as hell wouldn't mind owning that!

Here's a PDF with the full collection detailed, it's insane.

#7 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

There is no chance that he'll get that much money for his collection, awesome though it may be.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

Can someone spot me $549,999 real quick? You know I'm good for it. Kinda just need to pick up the vast majority of known video game history, then I'll get it right back to yo-... hold up, only one copy of Lester the Unlikely? FUCK. THAT. No sale, sir!

#9 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1329 posts) -

Guess we know where Jeff's "collectshun" went.

#10 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Shipping to and from Italy is the fucking worst, this would be a nightmare.

#11 Posted by Hunkulese (2723 posts) -

Why would anyone buy that?

#12 Posted by believer258 (11907 posts) -

Motherfucker.

I have never played Earthbound but even I'm envious of this.

#13 Posted by Rayeth (1042 posts) -

So much rare stuff in there. Holy cow. No one will buy all of this stuff, but man there could be huge potential for large lots of rare stuff. Someone with a wallet should start asking for a lot of some of the rarer stuff.

#14 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

So you can basically have everything awesome in games for half a mil? That's... not bad actually. I'm less daunted by the idea of collecting game shit now.

#15 Posted by Jayzilla (2562 posts) -

why would i start being a hoarder now? did you guys see that intervention with Jeff over the holiday? i don't want to turn into that guy too.

#16 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

How do you even ship that.

#17 Edited by jonnybob (166 posts) -

I want to ask this guy so many questions, why did he buy these things if he didn't intend to open or play any of it?

#18 Posted by believer258 (11907 posts) -

@jonnybob said:

I want to ask this guy so many questions, why did he buy these things if he didn't intend to open or play any of it?

If I were uber-rich, I would buy new games stuff all the time.

#19 Posted by mrfluke (5153 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

Is that guy Jeff? If not don't show this to Jeff!

@LiquidPrince said:

Daaaaayum is right.

#20 Edited by UlquioKani (1059 posts) -

Even If I had the money, I wouldn't buy it. I don't think I would keep them in nearly as good a state as he has done. It's too much and I can't really do it justice. Whoever has 500,000 to spend on it probably can afford to have someone to maintain it though.

#21 Posted by bobafettjm (1487 posts) -

Oh man would I love to get my hands on this.... I do think he will have a hard time selling this for so much money, worth it or not. As long as it would take I think parting this out would actually make more money than what anyone would buy it all for.

#22 Posted by 71Ranchero (2771 posts) -

I was impressed as I was scrolling down the page until I saw he has a complete Hi-Saturn Navi and my jaw dropped.

#23 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Damn. That's something else.

#24 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Kerned said:

There is no chance that he'll get that much money for his collection, awesome though it may be.

That's what I was thinking. Certainly not a cheap collection but I don't think it'll fetch half a mil.

#25 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

And the most important question is, does he have a Halcyon?

#26 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

I wonder if that cost includes shipping or if you just end up buying his house.

#27 Posted by nintendork666 (203 posts) -

Damn. And I thought MY COLLECTION was obsessive...

This would be cool, but you'd never have the time to play even half of this stuff. Hence the reason he's probably selling. Hope he gets what he wants for this, I've seen far less impressive collections go for more.

#28 Posted by FinalDasa (1733 posts) -

I've got $10, anyone else down?

#29 Posted by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

A museum should buy this, sorry fella but no one person is going to make an offer on a job lot bid like this. Either chop it up or sell it wholesale to a museum.

#30 Posted by Pr1mus (3909 posts) -

This is insane. This guy puts CollectSHUN to shame.

#31 Posted by PhilipDuck (548 posts) -

Haha was just looking at this! Looks awesome! 0 bids.. wonder if someone will bid..

#32 Posted by L44 (561 posts) -

Oh man, a Microvision?

#33 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Having been around people making a cool 50k on a good day, that's something somebody like that would buy in a good year, if such a person was so inclined. Hell of hassle if you ask me. I'd fucking put this in my very own Fallout Vault, which I'd build way before ever frivolously spending such a wad of cash on such an extensive videogame collection. For posterity!

#34 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

It can kind of be an investment. That is, you buy this, preserve the items, and then sell them again for a higher value decades from now.

#35 Posted by coribald (312 posts) -

There's a freakin' Nuon DVD Player in there.

#36 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Not trying to hate, but why would anyone want all that? I just don't actually understand what the point of having it all would be.

#37 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

What's the actual value of this collection? It can't be 550k.

#38 Posted by WilliamHenry (1203 posts) -

@haffy said:

Not trying to hate, but why would anyone want all that? I just don't actually understand what the point of having it all would be.

Might as well ask yourself whats the point of collecting anything?

#39 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

If he drops a zero I'll buy it.

#40 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

Hmm... a house completely paid off or a game collection. Hard choice to make.

#41 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

If there has ever been an appropriate use of the word "nerdgasm" right now would be that time.

#42 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Motherfucker.

I have never played Earthbound but even I'm envious of this.

Half a million for Mother 3 is a fucking steal.

#43 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@ThePickle said:

How do you even ship that.

Freight.

#44 Posted by itspizza (435 posts) -

I would like to know why he has like 25 PS2's

#45 Edited by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

@acrimsonbullet: Probably different models, colors and region versions. Why you would collect something like that? I have no idea.

#46 Posted by graf1k (413 posts) -

My guess is it won't sell in a single lot, even if it IS worth that much or more. The money wasted on shipping the stuff that people wouldn't want would be astronomical.

#47 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Yuck. When you see a gross sum like that, you really understand this guy has wasted his money over the years. That's enough for a decent house or an amazing Sports car, I don't think anyone will pay that amount, collectors would only want certain things from the collection. Why would you buy all the new consoles and just leave them in there boxes, this guy is living life wrong.

#48 Posted by therepublicanguy (85 posts) -

@Branthog: Its pretty freakin rad

#49 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Yuck. When you see a gross sum like that, you really understand this guy has wasted his money over the years. That's enough for a decent house.

My house was a couple hundred grand. Then I spent well over a hundred grand remodeling and improving it in the last two and a half years. All I have to show for it is a house. This guy has a fucking uber-collection of amazing stuff that would take a life-time to enjoy. Which of the two of us truly wasted his money?! :D

#50 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

THAT GUYS GOT ALOT OF STUFF

STUFF I WANT

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED