any one watch Penn & Teller BS on video games last night?

• 57 results
Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

Last night on Penn & Teller Bullshit it was all about the video games, they asked the age old question, do violent video games make violent people? I thought the last 5 mins of the show was great and really drove the point home that violent video games DO NOT make violent people, particularity children. 

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

It's up on youtube... well I found part 1 and 2 of the video on it. Pretty cool, hopefully I can catch the rest of it.

"Video games without big fucking guns are BULLSHIT!"
"Jack Thompson is a fucking asshole"
"Laws don't mean jack shit to nature, and shit Jack shouldn't expect to change human nature with a dumbass fucking law.... Jack stop feeding the motherfucking fish."

LOL...man there are some great quotes in here.

Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Satune

I can't belive they got Jack Thompson on this show. It's a pretty good episode of Bulshit

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By apathylad

Yeah, I enjoyed it. The ending was surprisingly emotional, as Penn voiced his concerns seriousness having the 9-year old kid on the show. I'm not going to give the ending away though.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By TheHBK

hahaha, its so true, we need more guns!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

Since when are penn and teller taking on world issues?

And can teller (or is it penn) talk?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Fallen189

I dont get it.

ZaammK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZaammK
@Fallen189 said:
" I dont get it. "
Some dude yells really loud and swears about "the issues".

The louder he yells, the more it proves he's right about everything and any differing opinion is wrong.
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By PowerSerj

Oh man I fucking LOVE that hardcore dude near the middle of part 1! Holy shit! THAT is the kind of guy I'd want to game with. Shit would get SO intense.

"Killin zombies and shit. I love that stuff."

Fuck!

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Mikemcn said:
" Since when are penn and teller taking on world issues?And can teller (or is it penn) talk? "
Penn is the one talking, Teller is the one doing the shenanigans.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By CoolDrMoney
@PowerSerj said:
" Oh man I fucking LOVE that hardcore dude near the middle of part 1! Holy shit! THAT is the kind of guy I'd want to game with. Shit would get SO intense."Killin zombies and shit. I love that stuff."Fuck! "

YEAH!
YEAH!

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PowerSerj
@CoolDrMoney: Nice screencap! I am so using that in my mini bio.
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Venatio

Gonna watch ıt now, thanks for the remınder

marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By marlow83

Just watched it on youtube. It was great. You're right, the end of the show really hammered home that video games don't make kids violent.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Man, what a pussy that kid was. I was about his age when the Cub Scouts brought us all out to fire rifles at the firing range.  I hit the target & enjoyed it thoroughly.

I think that kid cried because everyone put pressure on him & were frowning the whole time. He didn't know how to handle it, so he cried!

It doesn't mean that in a few years he doesn't turn out to be a raging psychopath. It could still happen, but not due to video games. It's all mental & shit.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Third part.

I love the football comparison.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By PureRok
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" Man, what a pussy that kid was. I was about his age when the Cub Scouts brought us all out to fire rifles at the firing range.  I hit the target & enjoyed it thoroughly.I think that kid cried because everyone put pressure on him & were frowning the whole time. He didn't know how to handle it, so he cried!It doesn't mean that in a few years he doesn't turn out to be a raging psychopath. It could still happen, but not due to video games. It's all mental & shit. "
I think he was crying because the butt of the gun hit him in the jaw. The guy didn't have him properly set the butt into his shoulder.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArchScabby

I'm posting so I can find this easier to watch later.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By apathylad
@PureRok said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" Man, what a pussy that kid was. I was about his age when the Cub Scouts brought us all out to fire rifles at the firing range.  I hit the target & enjoyed it thoroughly.I think that kid cried because everyone put pressure on him & were frowning the whole time. He didn't know how to handle it, so he cried!It doesn't mean that in a few years he doesn't turn out to be a raging psychopath. It could still happen, but not due to video games. It's all mental & shit. "
I think he was crying because the butt of the gun hit him in the jaw. The guy didn't have him properly set the butt into his shoulder. "
I didn't notice that the first time I saw the video, but I think you're right. The gun did look like it rubbed up against his cheek.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Cerza

Woot Pen and Teller Bullshit! I love Pen and Teller and I love this show. There's some truly golden material in it such as the boyscout episode and the abstinence episode.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CL60

That was good.

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Big_D
@PureRok said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
I think he was crying because the butt of the gun hit him in the jaw. The guy didn't have him properly set the butt into his shoulder. "
agreed. but at least he won't ever want to fire another gun ever again.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

that was awesome 

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Big_D said:
" @PureRok said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
agreed. but at least he won't ever want to fire another gun ever again. "
Are you fucking kidding me?   Are you hoping he'll turn out gay or docile in an all-guns/all-the-time society?   Where was his Father?  The guy needs to learn how to shoot guns again just to redeem himself from being the big baby that he is.

That rifle butt didn't hit him that hard. Why the fuck didn't he fire it a couple more times?  He cried due to the pressure of having a camera in his face & probably people talking about child killers & the Columbine massacre.  Maybe his Mom threatened to slap him if he said he enjoyed firing it?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Big_D said:
" @PureRok said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
Are you fucking kidding me?   Are you hoping he'll turn out gay or docile in an all-guns/all-the-time society?   Where was his Father?  The guy needs to learn how to shoot guns again just to redeem himself from being the big baby that he is.That rifle butt didn't hit him that hard. Why the fuck didn't he fire it a couple more times?  He cried due to the pressure of having a camera in his face & probably people talking about child killers & the Columbine massacre.  Maybe his Mom threatened to slap him if he said he enjoyed firing it? "
Maybe you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, and he really didn't enjoy it?
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Arkthemaniac said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Big_D said:
" @PureRok said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
Are you fucking kidding me?   Are you hoping he'll turn out gay or docile in an all-guns/all-the-time society?   Where was his Father?  The guy needs to learn how to shoot guns again just to redeem himself from being the big baby that he is.That rifle butt didn't hit him that hard. Why the fuck didn't he fire it a couple more times?  He cried due to the pressure of having a camera in his face & probably people talking about child killers & the Columbine massacre.  Maybe his Mom threatened to slap him if he said he enjoyed firing it? "
Maybe you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, and he really didn't enjoy it?
"
And maybe you don't know what the fuck YOU'RE talking about?  This is a gun-based society & he'll have to learn sooner or later.  Just having him run around like the mind-controlled Alec of A Clockwork Orange, letting anyone do what they want to him because he can't fight back, is no way live. You have to be able to apply force when it's necessary to do so. Recall the phrase: "Give me liberty or give me death".  Weapons are a necessary evil. The main point is that you don't use them for cold-blooded murder out of boredom or do something stupid with them. It's about taking responsibility.  You're a big boy, I'm sure you can figure this out.

Nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nikita
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Big_D said:
" @PureRok said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
Are you fucking kidding me?   Are you hoping he'll turn out gay or docile in an all-guns/all-the-time society?   Where was his Father?  The guy needs to learn how to shoot guns again just to redeem himself from being the big baby that he is.

Who are you to judge this kid? So what if he doesn't want to take part in things like going to firing ranges and shooting targets? He doesn't have to redeem himself. That kid is just as good a person if he doesn't like firearms than if he does. Maybe when he's older he will go out and try firing a gun like that again.

His father was probably at work or maybe he doesn't have a father. Either way, it doesn't matter.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Nikita said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Big_D said:
" @PureRok said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:

Who are you to judge this kid? So what if he doesn't want to take part in things like going to firing ranges and shooting targets? He doesn't have to redeem himself. That kid is just as good a person if he doesn't like firearms than if he does. Maybe when he's older he will go out and try firing a gun like that again.

His father was probably at work or maybe he doesn't have a father. Either way, it doesn't matter. "
I'm the viewer & we're discussing the show. I have every right to pass judgment.

If you want a decent fucking sample, then you should have got more than one kid out on that firing range, blasting away at Ron Jeremy & McCaulie Caulkin's heads.  I bet most of them wouldn't have cried.  I guess they didn't expect the kid they selected to fire the gun to be a Momma's boy.
Nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nikita

You weren't judging the show. You were judging a child to be a coward without good reason.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RsistncE
@Lind_L_Taylor: Whoa, stereotypical American. Whoa.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Nikita said:
" You weren't judging the show. You were judging a child to be a coward without good reason. "
There is plenty of good reason. Looks like media manipulation to me.

@RsistncE said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor: Whoa, stereotypical American. Whoa. "
Goddamn. I like your avatar!

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CactusWolf
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" Are you fucking kidding me?   Are you hoping he'll turn out gay or docile in an all-guns/all-the-time society?   Where was his Father?  The guy needs to learn how to shoot guns again just to redeem himself from being the big baby that he is.That rifle butt didn't hit him that hard. Why the fuck didn't he fire it a couple more times?  He cried due to the pressure of having a camera in his face & probably people talking about child killers & the Columbine massacre.  Maybe his Mom threatened to slap him if he said he enjoyed firing it? "
This, children, is what we refer to as a "tool".
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Snipzor
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Are you fucking kidding me?   Are you hoping he'll turn out gay or docile in an all-guns/all-the-time society?   Where was his Father?  The guy needs to learn how to shoot guns again just to redeem himself from being the big baby that he is.That rifle butt didn't hit him that hard. Why the fuck didn't he fire it a couple more times?  He cried due to the pressure of having a camera in his face & probably people talking about child killers & the Columbine massacre.  Maybe his Mom threatened to slap him if he said he enjoyed firing it? "
Firstly, fuck your post.

Second. He's a kid, someone who has probably never seen a gun let alone fired a gun before in his life. He was given no training, no warning of recoil (Or knowledge of what the recoil is), no understanding of how to react. Oh, and did I mention he was only 9? When you don't expect something coming, then you will be shocked when it happens. The fact that this has to do with guns doesn't help, so obviously you have no god damn idea of what you are talking about.

Plus the "where was his father" thing just reminded me of this bullshit notion that a father always knows best, and all know about how to deal with guns and whatnot. It's just stupid, I'm sure Harrison's entire family signed the release and knew what they were getting into.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TwoOneFive
aw i love that show, i wish i could watch it but i dont have showtime. 
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pibo47

I love pen and teller. They rock shit.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Snipzor said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Are you fucking kidding me?   Are you hoping he'll turn out gay or docile in an all-guns/all-the-time society?   Where was his Father?  The guy needs to learn how to shoot guns again just to redeem himself from being the big baby that he is.That rifle butt didn't hit him that hard. Why the fuck didn't he fire it a couple more times?  He cried due to the pressure of having a camera in his face & probably people talking about child killers & the Columbine massacre.  Maybe his Mom threatened to slap him if he said he enjoyed firing it? "
Firstly, fuck your post.

Second. He's a kid, someone who has probably never seen a gun let alone fired a gun before in his life. He was given no training, no warning of recoil (Or knowledge of what the recoil is), no understanding of how to react. Oh, and did I mention he was only 9? When you don't expect something coming, then you will be shocked when it happens. The fact that this has to do with guns doesn't help, so obviously you have no god damn idea of what you are talking about.

Plus the "where was his father" thing just reminded me of this bullshit notion that a father always knows best, and all know about how to deal with guns and whatnot. It's just stupid, I'm sure Harrison's entire family signed the release and knew what they were getting into.
"

Hey guy,

Interesting reply. Here are my comments.

First off:  FUCK YOU.  

Second off, You didn't have a Dad when you grew up? That's your problem. AND IT IS a problem, momma's boy.

Third off, I was his age when I fired a rifle for the first time & I didn't cry like a baby. I hit the target with all 8 bullets we were given.

Fourth off, what the hell is your point?  Are you trying to say you're pro gun control??   Or that he can be excused for being a
Momma's boy?  Crying after firing a gun at a piece of paper with Ron Jeremy & McCaulie Culken is weak.  His Dad wasn't
there because he didn't have a Dad & that's probably part of the problem too.  Was he crying when he splattered head
shots in COD4?   An AR-15 or whatever it is he fired has little recoil anyway.  The kid was a big bawling baby. So what?
Maybe you & he can cry together.

Thanks but no thanks,
LLT.

dwil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dwil83

you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. HE'S 9!  He clearly got hit in the face cause he didn't think it was gonna kick that much, and guess what, getting hit in the face hurts like a bitch. Plus who gives a shit if he doesn't have a dad.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Snipzor
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Snipzor said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
Firstly, fuck your post.

"

Hey guy,

Interesting reply. Here are my comments.

First off:  FUCK YOU.   Second off, You didn't have a Dad when you grew up? That's your problem. AND IT IS a problem, momma's boy.Third off, I was his age when I fired a rifle for the first time & I didn't cry like a baby. I hit the target with all 8 bullets we were given.Fourth off, what the hell is your point?  Are you trying to say you're pro gun control??   Or that he can be excused for being aMomma's boy?  Crying after firing a gun at a piece of paper with Ron Jeremy & McCaulie Culken is weak.  His Dad wasn'tthere because he didn't have a Dad & that's probably part of the problem too.  Was he crying when he splattered headshots in COD4?   An AR-15 or whatever it is he fired has little recoil anyway.  The kid was a big bawling baby. So what?Maybe you & he can cry together?Thanks but no thanks,LLT. "
What is a "dad" to you? Someone who MUST teach you the ins and outs of guns? No, that's idiotic, this isn't the 1950's (OR IS IT I'M REALLY TIRED!) Some people don't have guns, and don't even like guns. When you grow up around a culture of guns, I'm sure as hell you know damn well what would happen once you fired one. I'm also sure as hell they told you how to hold the gun before shooting it. But this kid was put into a foreign situation.

Plus it wasn't the fact that he fired the gun that upset him, it was the surprising kick that grazed the side of his face. Weren't you paying any attention to after the shot? He wasn't even holding the gun properly, so guess what happens when the only counter-force is a little kid's face? Durr, common sense. Plus there might be a scary realization that goes beyond the firing of a gun, or the graze he got. Something you didn't go through, and are lucky to have not (And at the same time unlucky).

Again, this needs to be repeated. Not everybody grew up with guns, and some don't give a shit about guns.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RsistncE
@Lind_L_Taylor: What can I say, soccer isn't the best sport in the world for no reason.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Arkthemaniac said: 
Maybe you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, and he really didn't enjoy it? "
And maybe you don't know what the fuck YOU'RE talking about?  This is a gun-based society & he'll have to learn sooner or later.  Just having him run around like the mind-controlled Alec of A Clockwork Orange, letting anyone do what they want to him because he can't fight back, is no way live. You have to be able to apply force when it's necessary to do so. Recall the phrase: "Give me liberty or give me death".  Weapons are a necessary evil. The main point is that you don't use them for cold-blooded murder out of boredom or do something stupid with them. It's about taking responsibility.  You're a big boy, I'm sure you can figure this out. "
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

He still didn't enjoy it.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toowalrus
It's been taken off of youtube... but this is the internet, right? I'm I'll be watching this in about 15 minutes, and I'll put in my two cents when it's over.
Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mac

Guys, don't feed the troll.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TwoOneFive

great episode. i loved when they bashed people like hillary, i cant believe she almost became president. i cant believe she is even in the administration. 

man this country is stupid. electing morons like that. 
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Mac said:
" Guys, don't feed the troll. "
nyom nyom nyom.....what troll?
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Milkman
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Big_D said:
" @PureRok said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
You're a dumbass.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jayge_
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Mac said:
" Guys, don't feed the troll. "
nyom nyom nyom.....what troll? "
You. You always have been.

I thought the episode was pretty classic Penn & Teller. Not really shocking in any way whatsoever, but you always get an interesting angle (and pointless breast exposure) from those guys.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ArchScabby
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By toowalrus

Ha, so I watched the whole show. Even though their experiments are bullshit themselves, they made some good points, and I always like seeing Jack Thompson make a fool out of himself.

amoremono1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By amoremono1

These guys are two of the best performers out there; I saw their show in Vegas a few months ago, and its like condensed Bullshit, mostly focused on jackass magicians who claims their tricks are real, with sweet tricks in between.....

Somebody asked about Teller talking-he does talk, just not when visible in the show.  Afterwards, you can go shake his hand, and he'll talk to you....

Designer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Designer0

P&T, great as always