Bombcrew opinion you vehemently disagree with.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By hughesman

@Unmada said:

I like Dynasty Warriors.

It's OK. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#252  Edited By phantomzxro

@Rafaelfc said:

That PS+ is a superior service compared to xbox Live just because it gives out a few free games, while ANYTHING ELSE it's supposed to do is significantly worse by comparison.

But hey, Steam already proved that people overlook a shit-metric-ton of crap if you give them a couple free things...

I'm sorry you feel that way but i would have to say if you comparing PSN plus vs Xbox live gold without any biased plus has the edge at this current time. If your prefer xbox live in general that's a different story but all gold gets you is to use free services or services you pay for anyway along with online MP which is free elsewhere. The deals and perks are becoming smaller and smaller on gold.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By The_Ruiner

Certain people constantly slamming stealth in games, meanwhile so many of the games on the GOTY list were stealth based or had major stealth mechanics...

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#254  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I disagree with Patrick on pretty much every soapbox issue he latches onto. Dude is hella smug.

Come to think of it, he's like a more obnoxious version of Sheldon Cooper.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#255  Edited By musubi
@Miketakon

@TMBaker said:

Giving Assassin's Creed III 4/5 stars then awarding it Most Disappointing Game is just dumb.

This is why I don't read their reviews.

Most disappointing and worst game are two entirely different things.
bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#256  Edited By bulletstorm

@JohnDudebro: Yup, though I can't speak for how Popeye's was 5-6 years ago which sounds like the last time any of them had any.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#257  Edited By Sil3n7

Jeff liking Syndicate so much but not Red dead is kinda insane to me.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#258  Edited By CJduke

@Kidavenger said:

I get really ticked off when they shit all over Android, it's clear that none of them have spent a reasonable amount of time with one in years.

This. I love having an Android phone. I think Apple and all their products are a pain in the ass and are waaaaaaaaaaay over-hyped. The entire GB crew acts like iphone's and ipad's are the greatest thing ever and I think Android is a lot nicer and much easier to use.

Also I hate their opinion on Half Life 2. I know a lot of people share the same feelings of "it was a tech demo" and "the pacing was terrible" but that game to me is amazing and has some of the most diverse and unique gameplay in any FPS ever made. When they constantly complain about FPS these days being the same old thing over and over again, I don't understand why they always shit on Half Life 2 when it did so many things that were more fun and interesting 8 years ago than any FPS today does.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By sumbog

Mafia II is perfectly fine, fuck them for saying otherwise.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@CJduke said:

Also I hate their opinion on Half Life 2. I know a lot of people share the same feelings of "it was a tech demo" and "the pacing was terrible" but that game to me is amazing and has some of the most diverse and unique gameplay in any FPS ever made. When they constantly complain about FPS these days being the same old thing over and over again, I don't understand why they always shit on Half Life 2 when it did so many things that were more fun and interesting 8 years ago than any FPS today does.

The rest is good, but the beginning 10 minutes of Half Life 2 is probably the best atmosphere, story telling, etc games have ever done.

Wrote a paper on it actually. More I dug into it and really thought about it the more I appreciated it. Didn't need a big text scrawl or anything to set up the universe and it did a ton in a very small amount of time.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#261  Edited By Levius

While I accept RE6 has some serious issues, its still a good game and I think it was unfairly treated. I think Patrick just can't get over it not being a horror series any more. I also didn't like how the overemphasise innovation or being different in the GOTY stuff.

Jeff and Patrick defending that Aris guy was pretty bad, especially how hard Patrick got behind that #1reasonwhy thing. Thank god Brad came out against him.

For balance, I punched the air when Patrick said Mass Effect 1 was the best game of the series, even though he had to back-pedal.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By tescovee

@Sil3n7 said:

That's apples to oranges. Only real comparison between the two is they are vidja games..... Syndicate is boss as hell, btdubbz

sketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By sketch

That they thought the soundtrack to be the best part of Hotline Miami, and not the amazing tight gameplay

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By paulwade1984

Its pretty clear none of them except vinny gave dark souls or demons souls a fair shake. A pair of pretty important RPG's just brushed to the side in favour of what...

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#265  Edited By Akeldama

It really bums me out than none of them are interested in the Souls series. Them discussing the Dark Souls 2 trailer really irked me too.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Akeldama said:

It really bums me out than none of them are interested in the Souls series. Them discussing the Dark Souls 2 trailer really irked me too.

You know Vinny really loves Dark Souls right? He just has given up talking about it in the group because he knows their stance.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Akeldama

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Akeldama said:

You know Vinny really loves Dark Souls right? He just has given up talking about it in the group because he knows their stance.

Vinny is rad. Of course he loves Souls. He loves everything awesome. I just wish more of them would not love it, but at least not be so dismissive.

Also...Monster Hunter is pretty fucking incredible and they are all crazy people for thinking otherwise.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Akeldama said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Akeldama said:

Vinny is rad. Of course he loves Souls. He loves everything awesome. I just wish more of them would not love it, but at least not be so dismissive.

They take hard stances on stuff they don't like, something that bothers me some but whatever. To be fair Jeff is the only person who says it's bad though I believe.

As I said at the beginning of the thread, when they talk about Mark of the Ninja now they all just say "no one liked stealth games before" and "stealth games were all bad". Uh okay.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Chuggsy

@laserbolts said:

The idea they have that they can charge people for videos of them playing games or talking about games when its free all over the internet. The premium shit is basically the xbox live gold of videogame websites. It is extremely greasy that they take advantage of the people that love them enough to give them money. Also the fact that they will make t shirts as soon as a stupid meme comes about in order to squeeze more out of those people.

So... you feel bad for people who choose to support a website they like? You're acting like those people don't have a choice in how they spend their money. People love buying t-shirts of stuff they support.

Giantbomb is a business, get over it man. They still put out hundreds of videos a year for free. Not to mention they host a huge database for everybody to use. Not greasy at all.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Akeldama

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Akeldama said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Akeldama said:

They take hard stances on stuff they don't like, something that bothers me some but whatever. To be fair Jeff is the only person who says it's bad though I believe.

As I said at the beginning of the thread, when they talk about Mark of the Ninja now they all just say "no one liked stealth games before" and "stealth games were all bad". Uh okay.

Exactly. ALL STEALTH GAMES ARE TERRIBLE BUT MGS4 WAS VERY NEARLY OUR UNANIMOUS GAME OF THE YEAR IN 2008.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Mahonay

Jeff hating Red Dead is the one that comes immediately to mind.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#272  Edited By dr_mantas

@laserbolts said:

The idea they have that they can charge people for videos of them playing games or talking about games when its free all over the internet. The premium shit is basically the xbox live gold of videogame websites. It is extremely greasy that they take advantage of the people that love them enough to give them money. Also the fact that they will make t shirts as soon as a stupid meme comes about in order to squeeze more out of those people.

You are absolutely insane. I'm sure you're aware that there is no such thing as free.

If you like their content, and want them to keep making it, it has to be their job. Like their real jobby job, not how some teenager from Scandinavia talks over himself playing Minecraft for 5 minutes and puts it up on youtube.

They can be ad-supported or viewer-supported. I prefer to support them with my money, because I enjoy the content.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#273  Edited By Rekt_Hed

@RenMcKormack said:

Yea Jeff saying Red Dead is bad. FILLED ME WITH WHITE HOT RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111!!!!!!

This is the most recent one that comes to mind for me as well.

Also the fact that pretty much everyone other than Vinny doesn't like Sleeping Dogs after only playing 4hrs of it bums me out. The first highway sequence when u get a sub machine gun and go into slow mo poping peoples tires and flipping cars was easily one of my favourite moments from 2012

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Rekt_Hed

@SerHulse said:

Saint's Row the Third is a great game.

*Runs from behind, jumps on your back and body surfs you the fuck outer here*!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Chuggsy said:

@laserbolts said:

So... you feel bad for people who choose to support a website they like? You're acting like those people don't have a choice in how they spend their money. People love buying t-shirts of stuff they support.

Giantbomb is a business, get over it man. They still put out hundreds of videos a year for free. Not to mention they host a huge database for everybody to use. Not greasy at all.

I've been on Giantbomb since day 1 and I've never paid them any money. I feel kind of bad about it but the point is you are wrong laserbolts.

You argument is the same as people who say it's McDonalds fault because people are fat.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Sil3n7

@tescovee said:

@Sil3n7 said:

That's apples to oranges. Only real comparison between the two is they are vidja games..... Syndicate is boss as hell, btdubbz

That came out the wrong way. I wasn't comparing the two. I was only wondering how he could like a decent game like Syndicate much more than a really great game like Red Dead. Obviously its my opinion but it also a widely held one.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Rafaelfc

@phantomzxro said:

@Rafaelfc said:

That PS+ is a superior service compared to xbox Live just because it gives out a few free games, while ANYTHING ELSE it's supposed to do is significantly worse by comparison.

But hey, Steam already proved that people overlook a shit-metric-ton of crap if you give them a couple free things...

I'm sorry you feel that way but i would have to say if you comparing PSN plus vs Xbox live gold without any biased plus has the edge at this current time. If your prefer xbox live in general that's a different story but all gold gets you is to use free services or services you pay for anyway along with online MP which is free elsewhere. The deals and perks are becoming smaller and smaller on gold.

I am not biased either way, I own both the PS3 and 360.

But, as it stands Xbox Live is still vastly superior to PSN, download speeds are way better, way less connection dropouts, patching is easy and hassle free.

Your mileage may vary, but my ps3 connected on the exact same network as the 360 takes waaaay longer to download, patching takes an insane amount of time and connection drops are frequent (again, in my experience)

If what I am paying for in Live is actually being used to keep the service running smoothly and as hassle free as it is right now, I am fine with it.

In the case of PSN, ever since PS+ started there was no noticeable improvement on the online experience at all, all you get is free games (which I can't argue is a really nice perk) but I can't overlook how shitty in comparison all the other online features are.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Alkaiser

@AmatureIdiot said:

Jeff and Patrick defending that Aris guy was pretty bad, especially how hard Patrick got behind that #1reasonwhy thing. Thank god Brad came out against him.

Wait, what? Did they talk about it beyond the one episode of the podcast? Because if they did then I don't remember that part at all. I remember Jeff talking about the old-school arcade mentality and how its being phased out and some people not being able to grow up and come to terms with that, and Patrick pretty much just explained what the situation was and was more than a little disgusted.

If this is true then I'm not really sure how I feel about Jeff and Patrick except utter disappointment because they come off as pretty stand-up dudes.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#279  Edited By breadfan

Ryan for saying "Fuck Bob Dylan". Fuck Ryan Davis!

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#280  Edited By spiceninja

It feels like Jeff is starting to turn into a crotchety old man. His thoughts and opinions on games are turning to "eh whatever" and he can't even appreciate the greats like Red Dead Redemption or the Walking Dead. He's been in this business for a long time so he's more than likely jaded.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#281  Edited By gaminghooligan

@Atlas: gonna back you up on ME2. Replaying it right now, it's awesome but it has some really lame parts and the gameplay in certain spots is extremely tedious. I actually thought the best part of ME3 was how much better the combat felt. Also, I'm just coming off ME1, and it is a way better game IMO

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By tescovee

@Sil3n7 said:

@tescovee said:

@Sil3n7 said:

That came out the wrong way. I wasn't comparing the two. I was only wondering how he could like a decent game like Syndicate much more than a really great game like Red Dead. Obviously its my opinion but it also a widely held one.

I get that, but his main qualms are mainly with the clunky controls of RDR, which i can understand. I thought RDR was a pretty good game, but I could also be empathetic towards some one who dose not like it b/c of the controls. Where as Syndicate is a FPS and the only real variances in the controls is your hacking abilities. I also believe he was using exaggeration in the podcast to get a rise out of Patrick and get a few laughs. How you can get angry at a pretty valid opinion is wacky, then again wars were started over less, so..who am I to judge? :P

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By paulwade1984

You are correct in that there is no such thing as free. However let me put a different perspective on it for you.

I spend my time on this website. I give giantbomb my time, my attention. I give them an audience. I give them video views and page clicks. In exchange they provide me with content. They also provide me a nice little advert underneath the video, another one to the right side, and sometimes a massive garish full screen advert skin from hell.

These adverts provide Giantbomb with money. Without our page views and video views there are no advertisers willing to advertise here. Do you think Giantbomb makes more money from the few thousand subscribers than from advertisers. I think not sir. Jeff and Ryan and vinny (at least) are homeowners, take a guess at the average Giantbomb salary.

So the idea that they withhold content from me is a little strange. I'm also disgusted when I come to the site and find that I've just been advertised to, but nobody has put up any content at all. I'm looking forward to Patrick's article later. What is everybody else doing today?

I don't know why i'm having a go though. Cos i fucking love this website and yes it is free and yes its fucking awesome. I Choose to be here and I fucking Love it.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#284  Edited By tourgen

this tread is like concentrated internet dumbness. cool to see it in a semi-pure form.

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By crcruz3

The love for Pokemon/Skylanders.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#287  Edited By SerHulse

@Rekt_Hed said:

@SerHulse said:

Saint's Row the Third is a great game.

*Runs from behind, jumps on your back and body surfs you the fuck outer here*!

It's terrible! The first game is the best!

You can't fight the truth!

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By Levius

@Alkaiser said:

@AmatureIdiot said:

Wait, what? Did they talk about it beyond the one episode of the podcast? Because if they did then I don't remember that part at all. I remember Jeff talking about the old-school arcade mentality and how its being phased out and some people not being able to grow up and come to terms with that, and Patrick pretty much just explained what the situation was and was more than a little disgusted.

If this is true then I'm not really sure how I feel about Jeff and Patrick except utter disappointment because they come off as pretty stand-up dudes.

Nah, it was only the one podcast. But I believe they did talk about at one point, and I probably massively paraphrase, that people shit talk when you're fighting against someone, and what gets said is OK on the spur of the moment. Maybe I thought they weren't as critical as they should of been over the course of the conversation, rather than actually defending him.

However, it has been some time since I listened to the podcast, so I may be grossly misrepresenting them and if I am wrong I apologise wholeheartedly, but Brad did come in and say some thing like, and I paraphrase, "I don't know about you guys but this guy sounds like an asshole", which does lend some implications to the direction of the conversation. It probably requires another listening and again if I am wrong I apologise.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Gerhabio

Skyrim being a revelation and masterpiece. It's aight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Stealth games suck.", the majority of what they say about Japanese video games, and characterizing "the internet" as not only some kind of hivemind, but a hivemind whose opinions are completely worthless.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By louiedog

I like the Android platform. Of course in its current state things are a lot different than when I think these guys messed around with it.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By EricSmith
I don't vehemently disagree with much of anything they say as a group, but as stated earlier, their insta-hate on anything Android is getting old. Jeff was the only one that gave a phone more than five minutes, and even then, it was in 2010 and I think he mentioned using an HTC. Ever since 4.0, I actually think Android is a better OS than iOS. 

But they act like Android is still at 1.6, and it has been pretty great since 2.3, and only showing signs of improvement.
Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#293  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@Rainbowkisses said:

@Rebel_Scum said:

Whenever they have a retro QL or updated retro game and they show no interest in it.

What retro quick looks are you referring to?

I won't say which one but offer clues as its usually the same bomb crew but I don't want to mention names. As a hint, say someone made an xbla reboot of Crash Brandcoot. Not at all similar to previous Crash entries in terms of level design but gameplay yes. The guys liked the series back when they were younger and have an attitude to the game as "yeah...sigh..more of Crash Bandicoot...if thats your thing, couldn't give a toss really."

Its happened a couple of times and is pretty frustrating viewing. It comes across to me that playing it for 20mins is a real chore and makes for a bad QL.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By ryanmgraef

Also mgs4>gta4...

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#295  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Bane122 said:

That Mark of the Ninja fixed stealth somehow. A 2D stealth game is hardly comparable to a 3D one. MotN, while a good game, doesn't try to do half the stuff MGS does (can't speak to SC, haven't played one in years).

Stealth's not broken, they just don't like it.

This is probably the one I most disagree with.

I also want to stab people in the eyes when they praise Dust: An Elysian Tail's story and ending, which were mind-bogglingly bad. Actually, worse than the ending to Far Cry 3! Though probably not worse than the Assassin's Creed III ending. I bring this up because Brad and Patrick do it a lot and that bums me out because it lets me know I can't trust them when they refer to a story as "mature" or "serious." Like, Dust is dark the year The Walking Dead comes out and Patrick plays The Witcher 2? Please.

Also, I want to clarify something; Brad's half-joking during this week's Bombcast when he brings up Red Dead as the "best game of the generation." As a candidate? Absolutely not, it's definitely a candidate. But as a definitive answer, he's just bringing it up because there were more jokes about Red Dead and Jeff not liking Red Dead than there were about any other game during the show.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#296  Edited By LackingSaint

@crcruz3 said:

Has anyone on the Bombcast actually shown any strong opinion for Pokemon ever?

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By CptBedlam

@crcruz3 said:

Just Skylanders. But yeah, I think Jeff should be more critical of such shallow rip-off schemes.

zrais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By zrais

This thread is way to negative. Nobody agrees with everyone all the time, but the Brad and Patrick hate is silly.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#299  Edited By Cameron

For all those complaining about the Android hate, I think it's important to keep in mind how bad Android was at the beginning. I won an HTC Dream shortly after the launch of Android and it sent me running back to my iPhone 3G. The user experience was just way too slow and jumpy, the store was nowhere near as good as the app store, and, if I remember correctly, it didn't have multi-touch enabled. If the staff haven't used Android since around then (or really anytime before 4.0), then I can completely understand their dismissal of Android. I have a GSIII now and really like it, but even 4.0 was jumpy and it didn't feel as fast as my old 4S until 4.1. I know iOS isn't perfect, but if all you want is a smooth user experience with all of the latest apps, then it's probably still the best thing out there. I just think it's important to keep in mind that they aren't phone reviewers, they are game reviewers. No one is sending them a free phone every month to try out, so it's completely understandable that they have limited experience with the current Android devices.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Toss another one in for Red Dead. I still love Jeff though...that man introduced me to spaghetti sandwhiches