User Lists: 0

DrPeatore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107  Edited By DrPeatore

The various leaked videos of Star Wars Battlefront 3 kind of bum me out. There were maps that had seamless transitions from space combat to ground combat. With the game changing devs they no longer had that feature because it was some proprietary tech from one of them.

Loading Video...

I'm still excited for the DICE game but with it being on Frostbite and basically starting from scratch I can't help but worry it will play like a Battlefield 3 mod and the cool stuff from past builds will be lost.

So long as Galactic conquest makes it back and isn't awful, I'l be happy enough.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: I'm kinda glad Mother 3 ended up on the GBA because it sure would not have aged as well on the N64. The version we got is timeless.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I remember thinking that Ushiro looked really cool.

Loading Video...

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By whitegreyblack

I forgot about this one: Aliens Crucible

An Aliens game made by Obsidian?? Um... okay, sure! To be honest, this early footage does not look great, but I would have really liked to see where it went.

Loading Video...

IllCaesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aliens: Colonial Marines. Its such a shame Gearbox never got to release it. Same with that Metroid game from Team Ninja.

Seriously though, Star Wars 1313. Uncharted in Star Wars universe - call me easily pleased, but that would do it for me. Fallout: Van Buren kind of sort of made it into New Vegas, which is one of my favourite games, so I'm not too upset about that.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Every time I have played Shenmue I walk around for an hour asking every single character if they have seen a man in black, can't find him or advance the story, and quit.

@disquisedjustin said:

Shenmue 3. After Shenmue 2, I was sooooooo ready for Shenmue 3, a shame what happened to this amazing franchise.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for anonymous-poster
Anonymous-poster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freelancer ii would be nice

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

No idea why people list Metal Gear Solid: Rising. Revengeance was better than Rising ever looked.

For me, I was disappointed to see Prey 2 go away. And I was also very interested in Tiberium. As with all cancelled games though, it probably looked a lot better in the trailers than the game actually was. There was probably very little there.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glover 2. What if that was the game that really made the Nintendo 64 shine? What if that was the next Mario 64?

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Budwyzer

I know it was never officially announced, but I thought Brazen would have been really cool.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury looked pretty amazing around E3 '98. Alas, they were completely in over their heads. According to the vintage gaming magazine I have lying about here, they claimed it took the animators a full day to render a single minute of spoken dialog. Which was touted as a good thing.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

I was really looking forward to Star Wars 1313. I still have hope that they will do something with the premise.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By mordukai

@whitegreyblack: There was another Legacy of Kain game that was canceled called The Dark Prophecy that also had quite a bit work done before they canceled it.

I also remember, when I was still active in the Irrational Games forums, that they started making a game called Division 9 which looked like an early version of Left 4 Dead but a lot more tactical.

Loading Video...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By Corevi

@mordukai: Wasn't Division 9 just a zombie mod for SWAT 4? Seems to use a lot of the same mechanics and assets.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing Day is one of the games that got me hyped up about last gen so you can imagine the disappointment that accord to me once ubisoft decided to cancel it .

Loading Video...

@asurastrike: If i'm not mistaken an old guy will tell you about a suspicious group who hang around at a certain time and place .When you go there, an event will occur .

To move forward in Shenmue you have to follow every lead even if it is not entirely about what you are looking for so whenever someone tells you about a certain something, you go for it .

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Whore Of The Orient goddamnit. I fucking really wanted to play that game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: You can actually play Star Fox 2 emulated.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I know, I've done it. It took like 10 years for that to happen though and it will never be acknowledged by Nintendo.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#125  Edited By dtat

I feel like a dick for even saying it, because it's so obvious and cliche, but Half Life 3. At this point I'm willing to accept that it has been de facto cancelled. The Half Life series has and continues to be one of my favorites, and it's a damn shame we never got a conclusion.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Yeah, my brother played it yesterday actually, which is why I know. What I don't see is why they never put it out, even today on the Wii store.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dtat: I take it as something obvious that we're going to get another Half Life, I just think Valve love to take their time. Plus, they're just now going to reveal their new engine, which I'm sure is going to be used for the next Half Life, and they've been talking about mocap for it. I have no doubt it'll come out at some point, though when I have no clue.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@ames: To be even more crazy we just went through what 7-8 years where vampires are "It". You had true Blood(Hbo), Twilight(movies), Underworld(movies) and now the originals(WB?) I cant believe there was never another Vampire RPG. How is that possible? seems to me a world that would be easy to build. Not easy to make, but the concepts and ideas are there to expand.

schindigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

metronome and project offset......

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#130  Edited By me3639

2 games that come to mind for me are at least breathing in a sense they may see a release? Who knows but i want them both.

1. Van Buren- The code name for Fallout 3 before Interplay sold the rights to Bethesda. Some super fans of course are resurrecting the game and are receiving both input and help from the original developers. Heres a small interview and screenshots from the upcoming game.

Loading Video...

2. Nuclear Union was announced in 2012 but due to war in the region a lot of the developers are just trying to survive. Its Metro, Fallout and Stalker and anything like that ill follow.

Loading Video...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: I believe that's how the game stared. The publisher wanted another Swat game but they wanted to play with the concept but in the words of Ken Levin “I wanted the money really badly.”

DutchElvis92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Alliance: The Silent War. Describing your game as "Grad Turismo, but for guns" is a pretty good way to sell me on it.

Wallzii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Wallzii

BC, the prehistoric action-adventure-survival game by Intrepid Computer Entertainment, a satellite developer of Lionhead Studios. The concepts in that game looked so promising, it's a real shame that it'll never see the light of day.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Personally, I wish that someone had thrown an honest budget at The Lost rather than Crave going budget label and giving it next to nothing to work on. The idea of Irrational tackling Dante's Inferno was interesting as fuck. Sadly, the game had some changes done and got released in India as Agni something or another, and it fucking sucked. Granted, the original game itself didn't look like anything fantastic, but given that Irrational had already hit acclaim with System Shock 2, you would've thought that MAAAAAAAAAYBE someone would've said "hey, these guys have some talent."

Beyond that, there aren't many games I can think of where I said "I wish that hadn't been cancelled." For me, it's more a case of "when are they going to make Shadow Man 3, Vagrant Story 2, and Dark Cloud 3?"

Ryagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135  Edited By Ryagan

Twelve Tales: Conker 64. It looked fun. I liked Conker's Bad Fur Day a lot, but Twelve Tales also looked promising.