• 103 results
apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By apoptosis61

if this guy is crazy that said this , what are the ppl who saying halo is the greatest game ever?

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By RandomHero666

At the risk of being Basement raped by MB, i'm going to say Star Wars sucks, so i can see the comparison to Call Of Duty

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By toowalrus

Hell no, Call of Duty is way better than that Star Wars shit. I mean, those first two movies were fine but those fucking ewoks ruin the whole thing, and the new movies aren't any better.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Gabriel

I don't know those New star wars movies made quite a lot of money.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Skytylz
@HandsomeDead said:

" If this is true, it's depressing but I'm not sure if that's worse than people saying it's Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. I'd rather have my son/daughter idolizing Soap MacTavish than anything Orlando Bloom related. "

I'd be fine if they idolized the Lord of the Rings books.

@TooWalrus said:
" Hell no, Call of Duty is way better than that Star Wars shit. I mean, those first two movies were fine but those fucking ewoks ruin the whole thing, and the new movies aren't any better. "

I don't think I've heard anyone say the new Star Wars movies are better than the old ones. 
TheHendenpeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheHendenpeter

Jadeskye came the closest to hitting the nail on the head. Harry Potter is the "millennium generations" Star Wars. CoD is this generations Doom or Quake. 

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Insectecutor

Interesting. This soon-to-be Activison CEO is the soon-to-be-ex CEO and CCO of ad firm Deutsch LA, who created... KEVIN BUTLER.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#58  Edited By Little_Socrates
@jadeskye: See, you're talking about these things we called the prequels like they actually count as part of the franchise. Listen, when people talk about the old Star Wars trilogy, they mean just that. They're not talking about the shitty prequels (which is, yes, all about lightsabers waving around,) they're talking about the original trilogy. Only three characters even ever really wield a lightsaber in the original trilogy (Han uses it more like a swiss army knife at one point than as a weapon) and the movie is about connecting to the Force around you, a great romance story, and some really, REALLY strong characterization. 

Kids did pretend to be Han Solo, Lando Calrissian and Luke Skywalker. Hell, kids nowadays are still sometimes pretending to be Anakin based on the shitty prequels. But nobody's pretending they're Thrall, Master Chief or Captain Price these days...maybe it's because they're aimed at more adult audiences, but that's exactly what made Star Wars such a cultural phenomenon; it's available to all audiences. 

The closest thing this generation has to Star Wars is Harry Potter, no question.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By ajamafalous
@jadeskye said:
" I love people who have overly romantic views of a 33 year old franchise that falls apart the first time you look at it too closely.  Yes. I went there. *sunglasses* "
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Pie
@Video_Game_King said:
" Um...no? What about Final Fantasy Tactics? That's closer to Star Wars than CoD (mainly because it rips off something that ripped off Star Wars). Or, if you're a purist, what about all those fucking Star Wars games we got? Or the crappy movies? "
I think your missing the point......
Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@Metal_Mills said:
" Harry Potter is the Star Wars of our generation. CoD has how many buyers? 15 million? 20 at most? Yeah, Star Wars has been seen by pretty much everyone and has been going over 30 years so they aren't remotely close. The only thing CoD gets close to is Episode 1. "
This 100%.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Damien

I can see how that person would say what he did.  I can kinda agree.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By buzz_killington

CoD is the closest thing this generation has to leg warmers.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Ace829
@RiotBananas said:
" @jadeskye said:
" I love people who have overly romantic views of a 33 year old franchise that falls apart the first time you look at it too closely.  Yes. I went there. *sunglasses* "
I love how you're slating Star Wars but have an Anime boygirl as your avatar with an oversized sword.  Anime is for jerks. "
Sounding like a butthurt Star Wars fanboy are we?
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Pie said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" Um...no? What about Final Fantasy Tactics? That's closer to Star Wars than CoD (mainly because it rips off something that ripped off Star Wars). Or, if you're a purist, what about all those fucking Star Wars games we got? Or the crappy movies? "
I think your missing the point...... "
What's the point? Back to Star Wars, at least the sequels lived up to the first one. (Note: sequels.) How can Modern Warfare 2 belong to this generation when it's thematically another one?
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Afroman269

wut? I don't think so.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By agentboolen

Hell COD is a lot more fun then watching Star Wars movies....  I would also say Halo is a better comparison to Star Wars.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jadeskye
@Little_Socrates said:
" @jadeskye: See, you're talking about these things we called the prequels like they actually count as part of the franchise. Listen, when people talk about the old Star Wars trilogy, they mean just that. They're not talking about the shitty prequels (which is, yes, all about lightsabers waving around,) they're talking about the original trilogy. Only three characters even ever really wield a lightsaber in the original trilogy (Han uses it more like a swiss army knife at one point than as a weapon) and the movie is about connecting to the Force around you, a great romance story, and some really, REALLY strong characterization.  Kids did pretend to be Han Solo, Lando Calrissian and Luke Skywalker. Hell, kids nowadays are still sometimes pretending to be Anakin based on the shitty prequels. But nobody's pretending they're Thrall, Master Chief or Captain Price these days...maybe it's because they're aimed at more adult audiences, but that's exactly what made Star Wars such a cultural phenomenon; it's available to all audiences.  The closest thing this generation has to Star Wars is Harry Potter, no question. "
I did specifically specify it was a 33 year old franchise. i include the original trilogy in my OP.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69  Edited By Seppli

Star Wars is the closest thing to Star Wars this generation has got to Stars Wars. NARF!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By iam3green

no, i can't see it like that. once there is another hit of a great FPS people are going to forget about modern warfare 2 or cod in general. there is going to be another game that tops the sales of their games. i hate when cocky developers in the industry say things like that. it makes me want to punch them in the face. 

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@ArchScabby said:
" No, COD is this generations Twilight. "
QFT
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#72  Edited By Little_Socrates
@jadeskye: Yes, but what I'm saying is that when people refer to Star Wars as a cultural touchstone, they're really only talking about the stuff that happened up through the 80's. After that, yes, Star Wars became an overblown franchise that seems to do whatever it can to cut its own legs out from under itself. But those original three movies, and the simple toys that came with them? Those were something pretty much all of America got into, and they still to this day have the power to inspire people of all ages. 
KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By KingBroly

Harry Potter?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#74  Edited By Yummylee

LoL wuuuuuuut?!?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By ravensword

Pfft, if any shooter is the Star Wars of this Generation, id argue its Halo.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Halo represents Generation Y.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ravensword
@RiotBananas:

hate to break it to you, but the guy calling people jerks just because of something they like is the real jerk.
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Toxin066

Twilight is probably more of a cultural phenomenon than CoD, making it closer to this generation's Star Wars.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Nothing compares to Star Wars. Nothing.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#81  Edited By citizenkane
@jadeskye said:
MB has been sent to your house and you will be dealt with shortly.

Thank you for your cooperation.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@CitizenKane said:
" @jadeskye said:
MB has been sent to your house and you will be dealt with shortly.  Thank you for your cooperation. "
pwnzrd. That's my new thing. pwnzrd.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jadeskye
@CitizenKane said:
" @jadeskye said:
MB has been sent to your house and you will be dealt with shortly.  Thank you for your cooperation. "
:( you're always shitting on me Kane :p
HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By HODGEY3000

what an ass
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By citizenkane
@jadeskye said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @jadeskye said:
:( you're always shitting on me Kane :p "
Talk smack about Star Wars and bad things happen.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jadeskye
@CitizenKane said:
" @jadeskye said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @jadeskye said:
Talk smack about Star Wars and bad things happen. "
Well lets get it all out in the open then! I also thought the Godfather wasn't that great.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By sodiumCyclops

If you so much as mention Star Trek.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By penguindust
@Metal_Mills said:

" Harry Potter is the Star Wars of our generation. CoD has how many buyers? 15 million? 20 at most? Yeah, Star Wars has been seen by pretty much everyone and has been going over 30 years so they aren't remotely close. The only thing CoD gets close to is Episode 1. "

This was my first reaction, too.  Star Wars is more than just a collection of movies.  The real money is in the merchandising!  Harry Potter is everywhere and on everything.  Books, movies, comics, toys, clothing, school materials, lunch boxes, Halloween costumes, etc... What has COD been on?  Some crappy night vision glasses?  Potter burrows its way into every part of your life without you even knowing it.  Hell, there was a Harry Potter candy fashioned after the magical candy in the books.  If Activision was serious about turning COD into a true pop culture monument, you'd think they'd at least put out some "Soap" MacTavish soap-on-a-rope.  Something to expand the franchise beyond its roots.  That's what Star Wars did and it's what Harry Potter did to keep our collective memories focused on the next big offering. 
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By citizenkane
@jadeskye said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @jadeskye said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" @jadeskye said:
Talk smack about Star Wars and bad things happen. "
Well lets get it all out in the open then! I also thought the Godfather wasn't that great. "
You're walking a fine line, pal.
dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By dopeman

It isnt a ridiciulous statement. He is not making a genre or quality comparison but purely a pop culture comparison.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie being compared o a video game?

Puh-leeze.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Phantom_Crash

I would say Mass Effect and Dragon Age are closer to Star Wars than CoD, but it still is far far off.

If your only talking Movies, then Harry Potter is this gens Star Wars. Well its the only thing I can see that comes close too it anyway.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#93  Edited By 234r2we232

My reaction: Kids and CEO's are getting stupider.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@Jazz said:
"No..you're all wrong. 
Too Human is the closest thing we have to star wars on consoles. 
It's an epic tale of love, hate and betrayal...the first in the series took forever to be released and it was passable at best...but wait for episode V. That's when things get good. "

I believe you're thinking of Blue Dragon.
sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By sjupp

What is this Star Wars we're talking about?

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#96  Edited By optimusprime223
@RivaOni said:
" @TekZero said:
" @RivaOni: That's right.  Not to mention that the whole M.O of this generation seems to take what was popular when I was a kid and "reimagine" it.  G.I Joe, Transformers, I'm drawing a blank on more examples, but you get my point.  "
Completely agree.  But as long as they don't touch Jace and the Wheeled Warriors, M.A.S.K. and Thundercats I'll be happy. I can ignore GI Joe (wasn't that big in the UK anyway afaik) and the Michael Bay Transformers and bring my daughter (currently 6) watching the original Transformers ;) "

I think M.A.S.K would make a kick ass pop corn action flick, even if Micheal Bay directed it...
Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Kahoona

The arrogance of this company astounds me.

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

Fuck activision. They don't understand that pulling of shit like this and saying they want MMO style subscriptions for COD online play is actually going to be their downfall someday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sodiumCyclops said:
" Nothing compares to Star Wars. Nothing. "
I say the Lord Of The Rings trilogy does, but why someone even attempts to compare movies to video games is beyond me. This just in: Movies are not video games! Minds are blown!
Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Minimizing the significance of Star Wars, the original movies not the recent drivel, is simply stupid. You may as well minimize the significance of the combustion engine or suspension bridges. Granted, they are no big deal now but they are pretty damn significant nonetheless . I can  understand why most kids that are too young to appreciate that wouldn't see it, but that makes it no less true. Kotick's statement is inane even for him but I expect nothing less from this guy. Clearly he loves the attention and sadly, he always gets it.