Did i miss something regarding my premium membership?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By murisan

@HellBound said:

I don't remember there being a commitment to having something premium every Friday. People are still recovering from the holiday and getting prepared for the next. Not only that, I am sure they are prepping for GOTY. Relax, they have provided us with enough content already. They are humans, not machines.

Well, to be fair, someone did provide a screenshot which claims premium content daily. Just playing devil's advocate.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By AthleticShark

@TheHumanDove said:

I can no longer justify membership at this point in time, and 'supporting the site' doesn't have the same ring to it after big brother CBS bought GB. I need something more than what I'm seeing to resub...maybe a hotdog eating contest. Who knows

I didn't think about that.

I have to have my HD content though.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Dezztroy

I wouldn't mind the shortage of content as much if they were to simply fix their goddamn video player. Not being able to stream HD (and therefor skip around at will) videos makes watching hour+ videos a huge pain.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By AthleticShark

@murisan said:

@MikkaQ said:

I don't get the people saying they shouldn't need to follow the staff on twitter or tumblr to stay current. . Like come on welcome to 5 years ago, this is how the internet works now. I don't believe that you care enough to pay 60 a year but not enough to check twitter once or twice a week, that doesn't add up.

I don't use Twitter. GASP. I don't see the point of it. I subscribe to GiantBomb.com, not to twitter.com/jeffgerstmann (and all of the rest of the crew) or whatever his username is there

Yea, I don't have a twitter either. Although the usefulness of following certain outlets, such as the GB crew and other sports things I like does have its usefulness, I have still not gotten the determination to make an account. Probably never will.

I will say I do look at them occasionally.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By AthleticShark

@Dezztroy said:

I wouldn't mind the shortage of content as much if they were to simply fix their goddamn video player. Not being able to stream HD (and therefor skip around at will) videos makes watching hour+ videos a huge pain.

Agreed. I thought it was only my issue. The video players is the WORST. I believe they are making a new one for the new site launch though? Also the youtube thing is really inexcusable at this point, at least in my eyes. Maybe I am giving too much worth to CBSi's worth.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#156  Edited By Lazyaza

Eh between thanksgiving, a lack of releases and their equipment dying for the billionth time I'm ok with last week having been a bit low on content. The guys always make up for it in the weeks that follow anyway, I'm sure we're in for yet another amazing series of goty videos. I hope us premium members get to see behind the scenes shenanigans again, those vids were great last year.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#157  Edited By csl316

Man, I still have like 5 hours of GB backlog to catch up on. This pace is even too much!

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#158  Edited By fisher81

Amazed by the amount of entitlement and whininess. Go fucking cry about it.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Brendan

@PillClinton said:

@Brendan said:

Yeah, Giantbomb really needs a business oriented person on the team to keep them on track. I think they all mean well, but Jeff for example seems disorganized as fuck, and at some point in your life you either need to get past that or pay someone to do it for you. I'm not as demanding but I understand why others would be. At the end of the day this is a business after all.

Not a terrible idea, but that could turn into walking a real thin line between getting too corporate-y and Giant Bomb soul-killing, and staying sort of organic, indie-ish (even though, yes, I know, they were never truly indie at all).

"Business" does not mean "corporate". See Penny Arcade, and the guy (Robert) who saved them from destruction and helped them to become one of the most successful video game related sites ever.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By AthleticShark

@fisher81 said:

Amazed by the amount of entitlement and whininess. Go fucking cry about it.

If this is news to you now....where the hell have you been

:)

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By PillClinton

@Branthog: Completely agree about the dearth of more in-depth, developer focused content. I mean, QLEXs are alright, if the dev/rep isn't being completely stiff and automated, but besides the occasional Double Fine stuff, there really isn't much of that kind of content.

@HellBound said:

@murisan said:

@MikkaQ said:

I don't get the people saying they shouldn't need to follow the staff on twitter or tumblr to stay current. . Like come on welcome to 5 years ago, this is how the internet works now. I don't believe that you care enough to pay 60 a year but not enough to check twitter once or twice a week, that doesn't add up.

I don't use Twitter. GASP. I don't see the point of it. I subscribe to GiantBomb.com, not to twitter.com/jeffgerstmann (and all of the rest of the crew) or whatever his username is there

Yea, I don't have a twitter either. Although the usefulness of following certain outlets, such as the GB crew and other sports things I like does have its usefulness, I have still not gotten the determination to make an account. Probably never will.

If you follow the right bunch of people, Twitter can actually be an excellent resource for interesting tidbits of random news/articles/videos/etc. relevant to your interests. I don't tweet and I don't have any followers, but I do check in once and a while, and I often leave with a good half dozen or so tabs of interesting stuff that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By PillClinton

@Brendan said:

@PillClinton said:

@Brendan said:

Yeah, Giantbomb really needs a business oriented person on the team to keep them on track. I think they all mean well, but Jeff for example seems disorganized as fuck, and at some point in your life you either need to get past that or pay someone to do it for you. I'm not as demanding but I understand why others would be. At the end of the day this is a business after all.

Not a terrible idea, but that could turn into walking a real thin line between getting too corporate-y and Giant Bomb soul-killing, and staying sort of organic, indie-ish (even though, yes, I know, they were never truly indie at all).

"Business" does not mean "corporate". See Penny Arcade, and the guy (Robert) who saved them from destruction and helped them to become one of the most successful video game related sites ever.

Yeah, wasn't familiar with that part of the PA story. I'm sure it can be done well, and pay dividends, even for GB, but I don't know, it just wouldn't seem "right" to me. But who knows, that person could very well already exist behind the scenes, what with all the apparent meetings the guys are in.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163  Edited By TyCobb

@HellBound said:

@TheHumanDove said:

I can no longer justify membership at this point in time, and 'supporting the site' doesn't have the same ring to it after big brother CBS bought GB. I need something more than what I'm seeing to resub...maybe a hotdog eating contest. Who knows

I didn't think about that.

I have to have my HD content though.

That is no longer a premium perk. You can watch the higher resolutions and not be logged in.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#164  Edited By crusader8463

I really wish they would stop assuming that every fucking person on the planet uses twitter. If there is something as relevant as the sites equipment breaking and it causing them to be unable to post content like they normally do it's not asking much to put up a news story on the front page saying so. I shouldn't have to go to other sites to find out how this one is being run. Especially so when it's a site that I pay for.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#165  Edited By VisariLoyalist

@crusader8463 said:

I really wish they would stop assuming that every fucking person on the planet uses twitter. If there is something as relevant as the sites equipment breaking and it causing them to be unable to post content like they normally do it's not asking much to put up a news story on the front page saying so. I shouldn't have to go to other sites to find out how this one is being run. Especially so when it's a site that I pay for.

maybe it's bad form in terms of marketing for you to splash the front page with "hey shit's broken don't worry" if the site is still running mostly correctly.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By VisariLoyalist

@Sooty said:

Premium content has never been that worthwhile. You're paying for let's plays when it comes down to it. (that's what load our last save and the other stuff essentially was)

I'm definitely not going to be renewing, I got this sub at half price and still kind of regret it.

not even to support the duders? :( you make me sad

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By murisan

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Sooty said:

Premium content has never been that worthwhile. You're paying for let's plays when it comes down to it. (that's what load our last save and the other stuff essentially was)

I'm definitely not going to be renewing, I got this sub at half price and still kind of regret it.

Get real. They're under CBSi's umbrella. They don't NEED premium sub support. If you browse the site without adblock, you're supporting them. I signed up for the premium content. I'm still getting it, but I sure would be happier if there was more frequent stuff. The Jar talks with Jeff are amazing to me because he's such an interesting guy. But, my point stands; they have corporate support. It's a different game.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By VisariLoyalist

@murisan said:

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Sooty said:

Get real. They're under CBSi's umbrella. They don't NEED premium sub support. If you browse the site without adblock, you're supporting them. I signed up for the premium content. I'm still getting it, but I sure would be happier if there was more frequent stuff. The Jar talks with Jeff are amazing to me because he's such an interesting guy. But, my point stands; they have corporate support. It's a different game.

just because they have corporate support doesn't mean they can be awesome without bringing home the bacon for them. Whether or not they are indie or whatever they still can make better content if they have more support. I'm sure you will proceed to disagree but I think our points just have different assumptions.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#169  Edited By Blastroid

@murisan said:

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Sooty said:

Do you think if they had 0 subs CBSi would still keep then on? I think the number of subs shows people are interested in the site other than just visiting the site.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#170  Edited By JasonR86

@murisan said:

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Sooty said:

Well, that's not entirely fair. It's not like they won the jackpot because CBS owns them. In one of the Dave shows they mentioned that they have essentially two things they can show CBSi that will make them happy and will allow them to continue the website the way it has always been; views and memberships. If premium memberships suddenly went down the toilet CBSi would be more likely to get involved with Giantbomb's operations. Memberships help keep CBSi at bay and Giantbomb the same.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#171  Edited By jozzy

I want to chime in on the Twitter argument. I follow them because I am insane, but you can't expect people to keep up to date with Jeff, and especially Ryan's spammy nonsense twitter ramblings for that one in a million useful information tweet about content or lack thereof. Also, anyone who talks about these guys "being so busy" obviously don't follow their twitter feeds or they wouldn't say that.

EDIT: To be clear, I am talking about the core editors here.

TheWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#172  Edited By TheWan

Every time I see a topic like this I feel like the users are shooting six shooters at the staff's feet and are shouting, "Dance!" If you don't like Giantbomb currently go check out the other 2,000 game coverage sites out there. It's really not that hard of a concept.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By BisonHero

I think it's been pretty clear how loose and fuzzy the commitment to premium content has been since the Happy Hour ended. Ryan even said the weekly show wore them all out, so they weren't committing to as rigid of a schedule; if they don't have a good idea or there's nothing anybody is super passionate about, they don't force it. Sure, they do stuff pretty regularly on Fridays, but you're delusional if you think the absence of premium content this week should make us all FURIOUS or something.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By BisonHero
@jozzy

I want to chime in on the Twitter argument. I follow them because I am insane, but you can't expect people to keep up to date with Jeff, and especially Ryan's spammy nonsense twitter ramblings for that one in a million useful information tweet about content or lack thereof. Also, anyone who talks about these guys "being so busy" obviously don't follow their twitter feeds or they wouldn't say that.

EDIT: To be clear, I am talking about the core editors here.

Yeah, I followed Ryan for a couple days, but JESUS CHRIST, no thanks.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#175  Edited By Branthog

@PillClinton said:

@Branthog: Completely agree about the dearth of more in-depth, developer focused content. I mean, QLEXs are alright, if the dev/rep isn't being completely stiff and automated, but besides the occasional Double Fine stuff, there really isn't much of that kind of content.

@HellBound said:

@murisan said:

@MikkaQ said:

If you follow the right bunch of people, Twitter can actually be an excellent resource for interesting tidbits of random news/articles/videos/etc. relevant to your interests. I don't tweet and I don't have any followers, but I do check in once and a while, and I often leave with a good half dozen or so tabs of interesting stuff that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise.

Unfortunately, I have found that NOT to be the case.

There is almost nobody that tweets cool stuff without a lot of noise. I like a lot of what Rob Florence writes, so after the whole EG24 dust-up, I decided to follow him. Nice guy, but it's mostly an endless street of "I'm being funny you guys!" and random observations. Garry Whitta has some decent things, but it's surrounded by so many re-tweets (often about politics). The co-founder of Naughty Dog seemed like an interesting guy and all I get from him is spam about his blog posts and books and other stuff (which would be fine, but it's the same tweet several times per day!).

And don't even get me started on the GiantBomb staff. I love them all, but they're the definition of a "twitter shitter". It's just an endless stream of inane in-jokes that only they get. Which is fine -- twitter isn't necessarily about putting on a show. But I'm not going to follow them all on twitter just to get an update or two that I should be getting on the site, in the first place.

Now, if I could subscribe to JUST the signal, that'd be great. But . . . that's what websites are for. The thoughtful and interesting stuff. Unfortunately, it's hard to get *that* without a lot of noise, too. I only subscribe to a few game related RSS feeds, but I still have to plow through half a dozen versions of the same bland "so and so trailer released today!" crap a bunch of times through the day -- once for each site.

I tried twitter for awhile, but in the end, going through 500+ tweets to find three gems each day is a bad use of my time.

As for the developer stuff -- they could do so many things! They could do serious "behind the music" type of stuff. Or they could do one-on-one interviews. I mean, c'mon - David Jaffe would spend an hour with these guys any time, I bet. And JohnnyV would live at the offices, if he could, probably. Some of the best developer discussions have come from GB over the years (Paul Barnette is another great example). Why they don't capitalize on this, I don't understand.

It's hard to satisfy the internet and it's the nature of progress to always want more and better things. I just don't feel the excitement for GB content that was there two years ago -- and especially not four and five years ago. And this isn't all our fault, because much of the lack of enthusiasm feels like it's coming from *their* side.

I'm almost ready for them to just merge GB and GameSpot. Let GameSpot do the "durp here's today's press releases and the random lame rumors of the intarwebs" and let GB focus 100% on just making awesome shit to watch and doing epic podcasts.

All this said, they're a long way from losing me. They aren't ideal and aren't even at the top of their game, right now -- but there isn't much competition anywhere else, either. There's good content elsewhere (RPS, for example), but not the community and not the same *type* of entertainment along with it.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Branthog

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Sooty said:

Yes, those poor independent guys with their little website and only that poor piddly little $14-billion-dollar CBS corporation behind them to support them. They truly need our every dollar. In fact, I was thinking of going and giving Katie Curic $50, too.

GB is no different than any other product or service. If you want my dollar, you have to earn it. Value for value. I initially subscribed on day-one because I liked what Jeff was saying about "if you pay us, you are our customer -- if you don't, then advertisers are our customer". But all I see is inroads to advertising. I'm not even talking about the influence of advertisers. Just advertising, itself. And after a certain point, "I want to support these guys" only goes so far. When you're employed by one of the largest media corporations on the planet (even though it's a penny-pinching one and these guys are on the bottom of the totem-pole, like most talent, unfortunately) I dont' feel so charitable. You have to trade-off, with me. Keep me excited about your content and coverage.

Since I paid ahead several years at $35/yr, I think I'm probably getting somewhere around that amount of value. I'd have a hard time saying it's worth $50, though. Especially once you separate all the content they give that everyone else is already giving out there. The content that is *only* that "extra" stuff. (Whether or not it's premium -- I don't necessary buy into the idea that there needs to be a ton of awesome new content AND it needs to be walled-off for just us paying users).

@TheWan said:

Every time I see a topic like this I feel like the users are shooting six shooters at the staff's feet and are shouting, "Dance!" If you don't like Giantbomb currently go check out the other 2,000 game coverage sites out there. It's really not that hard of a concept.

We're not paying the other 2,000 sites out there $50/yr. We're paying GiantBomb.

And I'm not sure I see why paying customers have to justify the desire for more/better content/product. You're the one trying to sell me something. YOU make it worth MY while to give you money. Not the other way around.

Of course, it's all moot. They'll keep milking subscribers for as long as possible, while bringing in advertisers, and eventually just go ads-only and then they can transform into the kind of guys at every other site that have nothing but disdain for their audience, because their dollar comes from Coke instead of you and me. And we'll keep coming here, because in a land-of-sellouts, these guys will still be the best and (hopefully) the least sold-out.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm not premium now but what else is there besides TNT? Even that has become somewhat mechanical; maybe it'd be more fun if they arranged TNT whenever they actually felt like playing instead of making it a chore. A more fluent system where they allow themselves to be creative and have fun will be way better.

I think the site would benefit from some new blood. Maybe Jeff could take on a Padawan? :)

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#178  Edited By williamhenry

I'm not sure exactly how much premium content they release in a year, but I'd say its at least 50 hours. So if you don't think thats enough, just cancel your subscription right now.

I said this in a previous thread, but everyone complaining about CBSi affecting the site has never worked in an office. You'd be surprised just how much of your time is taken up by meetings, email, and whatnot. The guys have more commitments in a day than just playing video games. If they were sitting around doing nothing, CBS would have shut them down.

And really, this whole thread screams of first world problems. If you don't feel that you're getting enough content for your money, then stop subscribing. Honestly though, if your life is so dependent on being constantly entertained by this site, you should really rethink your life.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Funkydupe

@WilliamHenry: Rethink our lives, are you serious? We aren't allowed to comment on the site we frequent? What kind of "YES SIR." person are you?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#180  Edited By Snail

I honestly don't think about this, I'm just happy to support the site.

It was also just this one week right? So chill.

TheWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By TheWan

@Branthog: Well It's an easy solution that you and everyone else faces. Next year when your premium membership has to be renewed, just don't.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Funkydupe

@TheWan: I'm sure the site and staff doesn't appreciate you recommending people to stop subscribing, but I guess that's your way of helping everyone involved.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By AthleticShark

@Snail said:

I honestly don't think about this, I'm just happy to support the site. It was also just this one week right? So chill.

I honestly did not either and I am far from complaining, but how much are we actually supporting the site now?

That whole merger comment really got me thinking.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Branthog

@TheWan said:

@Branthog: Well It's an easy solution that you and everyone else faces. Next year when your premium membership has to be renewed, just don't.

Well, yeah. That's what everyone is talking about, here. The content and the worth of the subscription (beyond just the charitable feeling of helping a division of CBS Interactive). Hopefully, someone on the inside will even take people's comments into consideration if they value the subscription revenue at all.

Most places aren't fortunate enough to have people *wanting* reasons to give them money. It'd be a shame of GB managed to trifle that away.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Funkydupe

@Branthog: We're entering a new year of games and nonsense, so everything can improve :)

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#186  Edited By williamhenry

@Funkydupe said:

@WilliamHenry: Rethink our lives, are you serious? We aren't allowed to comment on the site we frequent? What kind of "YES SIR." person are you?

Not saying you can't complain, what I'm saying is that if you're going to sit and bitch that at least 50 hours a year of content isn't enough for you, then you should really rethink your life. Find another hobby or something.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Vrikk

They do a lot for us. Most of their content is good.

One week of mailing it in won't kill you. Jar Time is still fun.

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By posttimeskipsam

If you're honestly fed up with the lack of premium content. Unsubscribe. In fact, gather a group of members and unsubscribe together. It'll send a message to Giant Bomb.

TheWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By TheWan

@Funkydupe: That is not what I'm saying. My point is if a person is unhappy with a good or service they should stop supporting it. This topic comes up all of the time and it never changes. I sincerely doubt that the GB staff is actively thinking, "Oh well, it's a slow week let's just take it easy and not post as much content as the users want." I love the GB staff. I've been with Ryan and Jeff since the beginning of the Arrow Pointing Down Podcast. However, I also understand that these people have lives outside of the games industry. Life happens and sometimes it can slow down production of the site. Also, there aren't that many games that the staff seems interested in playing right now except FarCry 3. So be it. I would much prefer a lot of discussion of a big new game coming out than them shoveling through things that they don't care about or are not excited to play.

So yes, subscribe to GB and support these guys and accept that not everything that they do will be pure in-depth or comedy gold. I love GB and keep up the support guys. Or not. It's your prerogative.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#190  Edited By nightriff

I look back at almost exactly a year ago, that was when the Fortune Street TNT happened which was some of the coolest, funniest, entertaining content this site has ever produced. That made me glad I subscribed to this site. Spookin with Scoops does not make me glad I subscribe to this site. The TNTs over the past 6 months don't make me happy that I sub to the site. I'm highly likely just to cancel my sub and every 4 months or so sub and download all the premium that looked interesting. That is sad to me that I'm willing to wait now for what I couldn't wait for a year ago.

I gave GB a break after the buyout, understanding that things were rough and gave them time to get organized and ready in a new office. I actually thought the content that they did do was still good and funny. I wasn't a big fan of Dave's Fortress but it was really cool and interesting that people really enjoyed. But since the BLLSL when basically they announced they have there shit together and it is going back to the old ways, the content has been awful, uninspiring and poor quality. Spookin with Scoops is a interesting concept, poorly executed. But people like it, that's fine but when that is the only thing you are willing to label as PREMIUM than that pisses me off. I don't dig all the content but it was the variation that made it enjoyable in that I might not like it this week but next week might be a winner. That hasn't happened. Not yet.

Maybe it is just the new site has put a lot of stress on them lately. I mean the fucking video player is still broken for premium members, that is horrible to offer a service for a FEE and it doesn't work right, usually those products are returned, not put up with. I re-subbed because I love and believe in the site and these guys and they have another year to impress me again and remind me why I came here and enjoy this site in the first place. I'm hoping after the site launches and things slow down that it will return to normal where every single piece of video content doesn't sound like they want to commit suicide. They all sound so depressed in their videos, besides Vinny.

First thing is they need, NEED, to work on their communication. My two favorite sites (GB and Sherdog) are fucking terrible at letting the community know what the hell is going on. Hey your shit broke? That's cool, we are understanding people. Can't do the live stream because things came up? That sucks but ok, thanks for letting me know. They have a coming up section and a front page of a website to let people know what is going on. You know what pisses me off? When I come to the site and they are Live Streaming something because they don't tell anyone before hand. Well I wish I knew otherwise I would've scheduled my day a little better so I could watch. They don't even give you a day's warning, no warning what so ever. That's frustrating as a paying member and it would be frustrating as a non paying member.

I love you GB, you can do better and you probably know it too.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Funkydupe

@TheWan: I agree. I'd like some transparency with regards to how they're applying this. Quite a few people were disappointed they didn't show up for the recent MMO shut-down, and some are wondering what they are doing all week when hardly any videos or articles are posted on the site. A small update from them on this site stating it is a slow week and the staff has decided to do this or that would help immensely to increase our level of understanding.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Branthog

@Funkydupe said:

@Branthog: We're entering a new year of games and nonsense, so everything can improve :)

Agreed. I look forward to a whole new batch of games and gaming stories to get rabidly angry about in 2013! :D

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#193  Edited By breadfan

Embiggen, yo!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#194  Edited By Phatmac

Not every week is going to be full of video content. So chill out and go do something else with your spare time.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#195  Edited By JasonR86

@Breadfan said:

Embiggen, yo!

The GB crew need to embiggen their minds man.

Seriously they do though. I could see the dudes getting content with how things are and that will lead to problems. They really do need to address how premium memberships are handled so that topics like this aren't as frequent. It's too easy to simply say "Take it or leave it" or "It's a slow week so back off" or any of the other excuses. The reality is enough people are unhappy that this basic thread comes up frequently which means the guys need to take a minute and rethink their site. It's not the end of the world. People have to stop and rethink when they are at their jobs all the time. But simply ignoring it and shrugging it off as noise is not a good way to approach this problem.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By beepmachine

@Nightriff said:

@dennisthemennis said:

Man I wish I had the free time to sit around waiting for content all the time. For the amount a sub costs you get hundreds of hours of video a year. That's a steal.

Well when the content isn't good or non existent people will say something. GB community is passionate and overbearing, just how the internet works.

The content is both in existence and good. You can't say they aren't doing anything just because what they do might not be what you're interested in (not talking about you specifically here, just anyone).

@Branthog: So I actually added them up and you're correct, there's only been (roughly) 174.5 hours of premium video in 2012. But that's still a LOT and the year ain't over.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Sooty

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Sooty said:

There's plenty of content I get for free that I don't pay any money towards. No need to make someone sound bad for paying the price of free, for free content.

and uhh, Giant Bomb is getting more hits than GameSpot, by far, I think the duders are quite fine without my membership.

@dennisthemennis said:

@Nightriff said:

@dennisthemennis said:

Man I wish I had the free time to sit around waiting for content all the time. For the amount a sub costs you get hundreds of hours of video a year. That's a steal.

Well when the content isn't good or non existent people will say something. GB community is passionate and overbearing, just how the internet works.

The content is both in existence and good.

I like Jar Time but that's about it, I get bored very fast of Let's Play videos which is what a lot of the premium content boils down to.

So I guess it's very subjective, I just don't like paying for Quick Looks/Let's Plays.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Sooty

@VisariLoyalist said:

@Sooty said:

There's plenty of content I get for free that I don't pay any money towards. No need to make someone sound bad for paying the price of free, for free content.

and uhh, Giant Bomb is getting more hits than GameSpot, by far, I think the duders are quite fine without my membership.

@dennisthemennis said:

@Nightriff said:

@dennisthemennis said:

The content is both in existence and good.

I like Jar Time but that's about it, I get bored very fast of Let's Play videos which is what a lot of the premium content boils down to.

So I guess it's very subjective, I just don't like paying for Quick Looks/Let's Plays.

Giantbomb is getting more hits than Gamespot? Since when?
Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#199  Edited By Peanut

I love the site and will probably continue to subscribe to their dumb shit, but a couple of the duders come off as incredibly lazy sometimes and sometimes the content mirrors that.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#200  Edited By breadfan
@JasonR86 I agree. There has been a distinct lack of premium content for over the last couple of months, hell this entire year hasn't been great.

My subscription is up around February and if there isn't some sort of change regarding premium memberships by then, I hate to say it, but I doubt I'd continue paying.