Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Coombs

I'm kinda curious,
I noticed in some other threads lots of people talking about using wired controllers, Which I cant stand anymore.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

If the USB cable was longer I would. Though I think the wireless controllers are still convienient. I would say...B then.

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By niall_sg1

I only use wired, wireless controllers die at the worst time.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By defaulttag

I use a wired 360 controller for PC.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By frankxiv

i started out with a core because i got a hard drive free, so i played on a wired controller from the start.

since then i've never really been able to get used to the extra weight of a wireless because of the battery pack.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zyn

Nope, only Wireless.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DukesT3

I have the long USB one for my ps3 controller, so yea I guess I could say I use a wired controller when I forget to take it off. 

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Wireless.

BUT since i have a chargeable battery pack from Gamestop for my 360 controller, I have to plug it in for a while every few days while I'm playing to charge it up, for wireless play.

So i chose "Sometimes".

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Ashwyn

" I only use wired, wireless controllers die at the worst time. "
Truth.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Three0neFive

Wireless mice are fucking stupid.

So no. No I do not. :P

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karmum

Sometimes. Usually when I have no batteries for my wireless. For Modern Warfare 2 I switch from wireless to wired, because the left thumbstick doesn't work so hot (for sprinting) on my wireless controller. On the flip side, the RB button on my wired controller isn't so hot either. So for like Mass Effect 1 & 2, sometimes the RB works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'd invest in a new controller, but come on, 40 bones for a wireless controller? I'm pretty sure they were more expensive before, but give me a break. I dunno, maybe if some retail store sells a red controller (or another color more exotic than black or white) separately without a bundle, I'll dig in. Sorry, but if you're selling a red controller with a play and charge kit for $55 for quite sometime, it isn't a "limited edition." I'm aware that there are cheaper prices for the controller, but it still topples over $40.

Enough of my complaining on controllers. Again, the answer is "sometimes." My original wireless controller is beat up, and the wired controller I have as well has its own kinks and quirks. I actually had been using the wired controller for a very, very long time until I decided to go wireless again. I have a tip: don't leave your wireless controller hanging (irony?) out to dry for too long, because once you spend like a year with a wired controller then go wireless again, it feels incredibly awkward.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By breadfan

I use a wireless controller, but I have a cable that allows it to be plugged into my 360 and charge at the same time. So I guess 50/50 for me.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Player1

My wired controller has looser joysticks. So I use that for shooters. Plus, the reaction time is a tiny bit faster. I'm sure not enough to make much of a difference. But every little second helps.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By wefwefasdf

I go through spurts of using my wired controller and then go back to my wireless. I'm weird like that.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Coombs

The poll is getting pretty even between, Sometimes & Wireless only Which is pretty much what I was expecting.
I just don't get you Wired Controller people,  The best thing about the current gen is the lack of wires going across your floor

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By trophyhunter

no, what am I so kind of animal?

SoftButtCheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SoftButtCheeks

I used to have a wired controller. That was until Mr. Kitty launched a vicious attack on it. Chomped on the wire good and it stopped working. It was hell on earth *smokes cigar*

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By mracoon

I only have wireless controllers and I don't have any reason to use wired ones.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By Hamst3r

My 360 controllers are wireless. My PC stuff is all wired though. It used to be all wireless stuff but wireless turned out to have lot of annoyances and performance issues, so I went all wired stuff.
stankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By stankit

I only have wireless right now.  Although I should probably get a wired 360 controller because up at school, it's ridiculous using a wireless controller when I am literally a foot away from my xbox and tv.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Alexander

I have 4 wireless controllers, battery packs, play and charge kit, quick charger and rechargeable AAs to change things up. 

But I only use wired myself. The reasons for are:

I don't have to recharge  - you might not have to recharge that often, but I am never left in a position where I'll have to wait before I can play. The play and charge kit be damned. Same reason I use my wired headsets over my wireless one.
I prefer how the controller feels to hold 
It's slightly less weighty 
The length is never an issue 
I never have to worry about it going out of sync 
Turning on the 360 via the guide button is faster 

Having the wire would be the disadvantage, but it's one I don't feel if I'm playing alone. Which almost all the time I am.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Seedofpower

I only use a wired controller.

Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Bigbombomb

Sometimes. Usually when I play a Gamecube game on the Wii or when I want to use the Gamecube controller on a Wii game. (For example playing Super Smash bros.) I also have a wired controller for the Xbox 360, but I don't use it at all.

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By JessicaBoo

Wireless because i realised when i bought a plug and play for my 360 controller that i had the wire pluged in all the time xD so what the heck!!! WIRED ALL THE WAY! super realiable! 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Diamond

All wired on PC, just have no reason to use wireless on PC (I still use a monitor and desk) so why pay the extra money.

All wireless on consoles now, except I do leave my PS3 controllers plugged into the USB cable for charging most of the time.

Really considering using the wired controller on the 360 for a while as per my thread.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Warfare

Wireless.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By JoelTGM

Wired, always.  I never have to pay for batteries.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Wired for my PS2
Wireless for 360

NemesisTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NemesisTheory

Wireless on 360 & PS3. Both are only wired when it's charging, other than that, I vastly prefer not tripping over wires. Small room, etc. :P

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Bones8677

I got a wireless controller for my PS2. I don't know how I was ever able to put up with wires, I guess they weren't a problem if they were long enough.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AgentofChaos

Wired about 90% of the time. That being said, I put "Sometimes."

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kmdrkul

Wired, because A) they're cheaper and B) I have a tiny television so I have to sit close anyways.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pazy

I have wireless controllers for the Xbox 360 and PS3 (although when I use the PS3 controller on PC its wired) but until recently my 360 battery pack didnt work (and replacments quickly stopped working) so it was essentially wired (though the USB cable that came with the play and charge kit). When I got a new battery pack I made sure to get 2 (well actually a pack of two) so that when im using a pack the other is charging and it can be swapped when needed. 

Inuzagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Inuzagi

I use a wireless controller for my 360. For my PS3 I keep my PS3 controller wired and use said PS3 controller for my PC.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I actually wanted to purchase a wired 360 controller one of these days.  Don't have to mess with batteries anymore.  I game like 6 feet away from my TV so wires would not be a problem.

There's no choice for "I want to use wired" so I'll not vote.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By JJOR64

Wired for fighting games, wireless for everything else.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39  Edited By natetodamax

Wireless controllers suck because having to always get batteries is no fun. So wired.

Liminality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Liminality

Wireless mouse, keyboard, 360 controller for PC, sixaxis and Wiimote...

Oh... I also have the Logitech wireless controller for the PS2.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hatking

Wireless only now.  I have spent good money making it easy to have charged batteries to always be available for swapping. 

I have the little charge hub that is constantly charging two battery packs, I keep a third in my controller.  When it dies I swap it out for one of the extras.  There is no point where I am without a charged battery.  I can usually even sustain two players playing without any worry of battery failure.  Three players can play wirelessly but if a battery fails I have to bust out a wired.
Tarakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Tarakun

Wired all the way! I use wired with my PC (and this 360 in my house now) all the time. I'm so used to it, I actually dislike the weight from the battery pack in the wireless one. Also, having to charge batteries is a pain. I go over to my friends house all the time and half of his controllers have no power. Then we end up plugging it into the Xbox anyway, seems pointless. 

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Binman88

Wired 360 controller on my PC, wireless controllers for my PS3.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#44  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Well, with my Wii I have no choice but with my 360 I use a wireless controller with a battery pack and a plug-and-play cable. Wireless controllers were kinda cool for a while but at the moment I'm much preferring having a controller where I don't have to worry about when it's gonna die and don't have to worry about buying new batteries for. I could really do with a proper wired 360 controller at the moment though; I have been and will be writing a lot of computer code on my university computer games programming course for Xbox 360 controllers and I don't really have any way of testing it at the moment. I don't have the cash to fork out for new controllers at the moment though.

vexx919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vexx919

I sit close enough to my tv that it really dosn't matter, so I use wired for the reliability 

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#46  Edited By Atlas

I'm a recent convert of the Church of Latter Day Wired Controller Users. At first I thought wireless was where it's at, but my rechargeable battery packs kept breaking and I spent so much money on batteries it all seemed a bit dumb. Also, I recently relocated my 360 to my bedroom, and am close enough to the console that I don't need to stretch the wire, and the wire never really gets in the way of anything. I also quite like that it's a little lighter than the wireless, and my wireless controller was a little defective - loose thumbsticks, left one had a slight lean to the left, irritating squeak of right trigger when used rapidly.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Synthballs

My room is pretty small and I only sit around a meter and a half away from my 360 so, I always have it plugged in anyway.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By DJ_Lae

God no. 

I've gotten so used to wireless controllers that having anything with a cord tethering me down and tugging (at all) on the controller drives me nuts. If it's a wheel or fighting stick or something that stays put, however, then I don't care, but as soon as it becomes mobile in my hands...fuck no. 

Swapping batteries takes all of ten seconds anyway, and is well worth the 20-50 hours of freedom.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iam3green

wireless is that is what comes with the consoles.

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By XxBarretxX

Consoles still have wired remotes?