"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"samcotts said:
"Sentry said:
"I can't really see someone saying Gears 2 > Fallout 3/Fable 2. It has no where near as much gameplay as Fable or Fallout does. It is going to be great, but would you really spend money on it over the other two? :\"
Maybe because we feel Gears 2 will be better? Your statement is like saying that the longer the game, the better it will be, and that's just not the case.

I reckon I'll spend just as much time on Gears 2 as I will with Fallout 3 and Fable 2. If the multiplayer is anywhere near as good as in Gears 1, then I will be on it for months."
It's not all about length, and that's not what im saying, it's about how much gameplay the game has, and I cannot really see Gears 2 having anywhere near as much gameplay per square foot as Fable 2 or Fallout 3."
I beat Fable 2 in a week and never touched it again but I'm still playing Gears of War. I'm predicting the same situation for Fable 2 and Gears of War 2."
Truly? I am assuming you have not really looked into Fable 2 much from that post alone. Almost like you don't know about the game at all if you are comparing it to your time played in Fable 1."
Fable 2 is on my list of must games to buy this year and I've read about it alot but I'm still more hyped for Gears of War 2. It all depends on the person dude."
So if you could only buy ONE of the three it would be Gears 2? Really? O_O!"
Well duh. What's so shocking about that? I know way more people that are hyped for Gears 2 than people that are hyped for Fable 2."
Because one you can have fun with for infinite longer then the other... I'm not saying Gears 2 won't be awesome, but the others, mainly Fallout 3, will last you a LONG time with great fun, so when you can only get one, how can you buy the one that won't last as long as the others? That's just me though. :P"
Gears of War gave me hundreds of hours of fun online(I'm still playing it too) and I'm predicting the same for Gears of War 2. Plus I'm not interested in Fallout 3 and I'm pretty sure Fable 2 won't last me nearly as long as Gears of War 2 will.  That's just me though.
Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Scorched

easily fallout 3

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Subway

Wow Sentry is retarded sometimes, who are you to say that Fable 2 and Fallout 3 will last BluMagic longer? Seriously go away.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Gears 2, if i only had a 360:(

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Blu_Magic
Subway said:
"Wow Sentry is retarded sometimes, who are you to say that Fable 2 and Fallout 3 will last BluMagic longer? Seriously go away."
That's what I was wondering too. I've even said that it depends on what the person wants but he still questions me.
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Gears 2 because only one with multiplayer but I will get the others eventually but no rush to get them since I can experience single player game at any time I want.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By Vaxadrin

Fable 2, because it's the only game on that list with color in it.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58  Edited By Shawn

Out of those 3?

Gears 2 easily. Is that even a question?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Subway said:
"Wow Sentry is retarded sometimes, who are you to say that Fable 2 and Fallout 3 will last BluMagic longer? Seriously go away."
Dude, where did I say it wouldn't? I was just saying the other two offer more gameplay, IMO, and I couldn't see someone getting Gears 2 over the others if they could only get ONE. Seriously why so serious? Why do you read something and not really think about what it means?

It all comes down to opinion, I was wondering WHY his opinion was what it was, not trying to say he is wrong at all.
Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Homer

Fallout 3.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Subway said:
Dude, where did I say it wouldn't? I was just saying the other two offer more gameplay, IMO, and I couldn't see someone getting Gears 2 over the others if they could only get ONE. Seriously why so serious? Why do you read something and not really think about what it means?

It all comes down to opinion, I was wondering WHY his opinion was what it was, not trying to say he is wrong at all."
You said that fallout 3 would last me infinite more longer than Gears 2 would which is what Subway was referring to. I think you should really read his post and think about what it means.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Subway said:

It all comes down to opinion, I was wondering WHY his opinion was what it was, not trying to say he is wrong at all."
You said that fallout 3 would last me infinite more longer than Gears 2 would which is what Subway was referring to. I think you should really read his post and think about what it means."
I said it HAS infinite amount more of gameplay, which is fact, I did not say you would spend more time on it then any other game 100%, because that is personal preference.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Subway said:

You said that fallout 3 would last me infinite more longer than Gears 2 would which is what Subway was referring to. I think you should really read his post and think about what it means."
I said it HAS infinite amount more of gameplay, which is fact, I did not say you would spend more time on it then any other game 100%, because that is personal preference."
No game can have infinite amount of gameplay.......

Oh and here's your other post. "Because one you can have fun with for infinite longer then the other... I'm not saying Gears 2 won't be awesome, but the others, mainly Fallout 3, will last you a LONG time with great fun, so when you can only get one, how can you buy the one that won't last as long as the others? That's just me though. :P"

You've got no right to say that one game will last me longer than the other.

Avatar image for conkerandberri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ConkerAndBerri2
samcotts said:
"Sentry said:
"I can't really see someone saying Gears 2 > Fallout 3/Fable 2. It has no where near as much gameplay as Fable or Fallout does. It is going to be great, but would you really spend money on it over the other two? :\"
Maybe because we feel Gears 2 will be better? Your statement is like saying that the longer the game, the better it will be, and that's just not the case.

I reckon I'll spend just as much time on Gears 2 as I will with Fallout 3 and Fable 2. If the multiplayer is anywhere near as good as in Gears 1, then I will be on it for months."
Lets see. Fallout 3 100+ hours of gameplay. gears of war 2 10 hours 15 tops. Fallout 3 looks awesome!
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Blu_Magic
ConkerAndBerri2 said:
"samcotts said:
"Sentry said:

Lets see. Fallout 3 100+ hours of gameplay. gears of war 2 10 hours 15 tops. Fallout 3 looks awesome!"
Yes let's discount the hundreds of hours one can spend on Gears of War 2 multiplayer and Horde mode. -_-
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Fable 2. I'm interested in Fallout 3, but couldnt really give a damn about Gears 2.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Systech

Fallout 3, for sure. I loved Oblivion and I was stoked to hear that Bethesda was working on the next Fallout game. Gears of War 2 still looks awesome and I'm not interested at all in Fable 2.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By samcotts
ConkerAndBerri2 said:
"samcotts said:
"Sentry said:

Lets see. Fallout 3 100+ hours of gameplay. gears of war 2 10 hours 15 tops. Fallout 3 looks awesome!"
I've clocked over 100 hours on Call of Duty 4, what's to say I won't do the same with Gears 2, especially as I prefer Gears over CoD4.

And what says I will want to play 100+ hours of Fallout 3? I didn't like Oblivion (well mainly because of the setting), so it's a bit hit or miss whether I will enjoy Fallout 3.

The amount of time a game lasts is down to that individual. 100 hours of gameplay doesn't always equal 100 hours of fun.
Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By Vextroid

Gears Of War 2. Deffinately.

Not interested in Fable and Fallout 3 is still banned (as of posting) in Australia and im not into the whole importing scene.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By BoG

It is a tie between Fallout 3 and Fable, for me. I'll likely get gears 2 eventually, it isn't a priority, though.
Anyways, Fable and Fallout both look like a blast and will eat up my entire break this semester.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Bulldog19892

Well the first Fable was great (mainly because I didn't know of any of the hype behind it, so there was no disappointment to be had), and Gears of War was a great game that I really enjoyed. However the original Fallout is so incredible, that I'd even rate it above Deus Ex. If Fallout 3 is anywhere near the quality of the original Fallout, I'm all in. They are all must buys for me anyway.

Turducken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Turducken
smis said:
Gears of War 2 is supposedly going to be "bigger, better, and more badass," but when I think of my issues with the original GeOW, that's not what it comes to mind.  How about an epic story and telling me why I was on the goddamn train? And that bomb set off at the end appears to have accomplished nothing?
Yeah, I remember the original GeOW.  The multiplayer had horrible lag and was incredibly unbalanced.  Not to mention the whole "die instantly if you go into the darkness" deal in the campaign.  What was up with that?  If you don't want me to explore the level, (which can only be because your game really isn't that good) at least come up with something better than that.  And don't get me started on the story...
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#73  Edited By AlexB
Turducken said:
"smis said:
Gears of War 2 is supposedly going to be "bigger, better, and more badass," but when I think of my issues with the original GeOW, that's not what it comes to mind.  How about an epic story and telling me why I was on the goddamn train? And that bomb set off at the end appears to have accomplished nothing?
Yeah, I remember the original GeOW.  The multiplayer had horrible lag and was incredibly unbalanced.  Not to mention the whole "die instantly if you go into the darkness" deal in the campaign.  What was up with that?  If you don't want me to explore the level, (which can only be because your game really isn't that good) at least come up with something better than that.  And don't get me started on the story..."
The lag is dependent on the host's connection. It would be your fault for joining under a 3bar connection. It was the first game of its kind so obviously it will have glitches. As for being unbalanced, that is an excuse noobs use when they suck at using the shotgun. The next game promises to correct those indefinitely. 'not going into darkness'  was a gaming mechanic used for 1-2 levels. All the rest of the levels you can. If you want to explore a world in a game go play oblivion. 
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Blu_Magic
AlexB said:
"Turducken said:
"smis said:
Yeah, I remember the original GeOW.  The multiplayer had horrible lag and was incredibly unbalanced.  Not to mention the whole "die instantly if you go into the darkness" deal in the campaign.  What was up with that?  If you don't want me to explore the level, (which can only be because your game really isn't that good) at least come up with something better than that.  And don't get me started on the story..."
The lag is dependent on the host's connection. It would be your fault for joining under a 3bar connection. It was the first game of its kind so obviously it will have glitches. As for being unbalanced, that is an excuse noobs use when they suck at using the shotgun. The next game promises to correct those indefinitely. 'not going into darkness'  was a gaming mechanic used for 1-2 levels. All the rest of the levels you can. If you want to explore a world in a game go play oblivion. "
Exactly. A game like Gears isn't going to have wide levels for the player to explore because that's not the type of game it is.
Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Supertramp

Hmmm, I'm definitely pickin' up all three titles. But at the moment, Fable 2 is what I'm looking forward to the most.
Gears of War 2 looks incredible, I know for a solid fact, I'll love that game. Fallout 3, well, never played a Fallout game, but the videos & interviews & what not make me very, very interested in it. Without a doubt, getting all three titles.
And, honestly probably will enjoy all three, or so I think.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Clean

why not all three? If I had to choose ugh Fable 2

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By pause422

have no interest in fable what so ever, probably just give it a rent eventually, but Fallout 3 first, and Gears 2 second...but I'll own both of them so its not a this or that for me.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Systech
pause422 said:
"have no interest in fable what so ever, probably just give it a rent eventually, but Fallout 3 first, and Gears 2 second...but I'll own both of them so its not a this or that for me."
Same, I don't know what it is, Fable just looks odd.
Dakota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Dakota

I've never even played a Fallout Game and I'm looking forward to Fallout 3 the most. (Yes I know its different than the typical fallout game, so don't flame me fallout fanboys)

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By TimeWaffle

i'm most looking forward to fable 2. For some reason i can't seem to care about gears 2 it looks too much like the first one 

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mclakers

i will buy all 3, they are a must for any gamer

Turducken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Turducken
AlexB said:
The lag is dependent on the host's connection. It would be your fault for joining under a 3bar connection. It was the first game of its kind so obviously it will have glitches. As for being unbalanced, that is an excuse noobs use when they suck at using the shotgun. The next game promises to correct those indefinitely. 'not going into darkness'  was a gaming mechanic used for 1-2 levels. All the rest of the levels you can. If you want to explore a world in a game go play oblivion. "
Except for the fact that even games with a three bar connection had tons of lag.  And don't excuse the glitches by saying it was the first game of it's kind.  It wasn't.  Sure it made some innovations with the cover system, but there were FPS's before it, and *gasp* some of them had cover systems too.  And "excuse noobs use when they suck at shotgun"?  What?  How does one suck at using a shotgun.  I could use the shotgun just fine.  The problem arose when two, maybe three of the weapons were the only useful ones. 

As for exploring a world.  That isn't what I was referring to exactly.  I was referring to the fact that other FPS games will have multiple pathways, or even something in the way so you can't explore, be it a building, mountain, wreckage, what have you.  It isn't just some amorphous darkness that you can't walk through for some reason.

And finally the bolded part.  Just because it promises to correct the bugs, doesn't mean it will.  Developers have a habit of over promising what they can do, and then running out of time trying to do it.  The bugs were everywhere, and they shouldn't have been.  This wasn't the first FPS ever, it wasn't even the first FPS with cover, or the first one on a console.... they should have avoided the majority of the glitches.

systech said:
"pause422 said:
"have no interest in fable what so ever, probably just give it a rent eventually, but Fallout 3 first, and Gears 2 second...but I'll own both of them so its not a this or that for me."
Same, I don't know what it is, Fable just looks odd."
Fable looks odd?  How?  It's just an RPG game.  Granted, it is one with a more open-ended story and good/evil mechanic, but besides that it's just an RPG game.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By giyanks22

Fable  or Gears. Fallout 3 has not thrilled me at all. Fallout doesn't seem to be focusing on the RPG side of the game. They really only seem to care about how gory it is when you kill people. Fable looks like they took their time on it, and are really perfecting it, and Gears will be Gears...Awesome. Probably Fable though. I would throw Far Cry 2 in the mix that looks pretty awesome.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Keano
Sentry said:

its called multiplayer.

oh wait, youre a playstation cow that hates the fact Gears isnt on his system. nevermind
kabukiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By kabukiman

I do feel like Gears 2 will be an amazing game, but my excitement level just isn't very high for it for some reason.  Maybe because it's another sequel that's more of the same.  But then again Gears 1 was awesome and this is a big upgrade, so i don't know i guess i've just got too many games coming that i'm more excited about.  I can't stop playin Soul Calibur IV, then there's Too Human, Bangai-O Spirits, Fallout 3, Fable 2 (which i've decided recently to give it a shot), Kirby Superstar DS, and the list goes on and on. 

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Pibo47

I going with Gears 2, noting against fallout 3 or fable 2...those games are going to rock.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Blu_Magic
Turducken said:

And finally the bolded part.  Just because it promises to correct the bugs, doesn't mean it will.  Developers have a habit of over promising what they can do, and then running out of time trying to do it.  The bugs were everywhere, and they shouldn't have been.  This wasn't the first FPS ever, it wasn't even the first FPS with cover, or the first one on a console.... they should have avoided the majority of the glitches.

You've made some points but I completely disagree with the bolded part because it seems like you're just being a pessimist. I'm going to go with what the developer says regarding an issue like that and not some user on a forum.

Oh and Gears of War was a TPS. So technically you can say it was the first of its kind.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88  Edited By Karmum
Sentry said:

Uh, what? I would spend my money on Gears 2 over those two games. Who are you to say that I should/should not? It could have the same or more amount of gameplay, its called multiplayer buddy, and last time I checked, only Fable 2 and Gears 2 have that aspect when talking about the three games.

God, how close minded are you? Quality > Quantity, and I believe Gears 2 will be better than both Fable 2 and Fallout 3.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Systech
Turducken said:
"AlexB said:
Except for the fact that even games with a three bar connection had tons of lag.  And don't excuse the glitches by saying it was the first game of it's kind.  It wasn't.  Sure it made some innovations with the cover system, but there were FPS's before it, and *gasp* some of them had cover systems too.  And "excuse noobs use when they suck at shotgun"?  What?  How does one suck at using a shotgun.  I could use the shotgun just fine.  The problem arose when two, maybe three of the weapons were the only useful ones. 

As for exploring a world.  That isn't what I was referring to exactly.  I was referring to the fact that other FPS games will have multiple pathways, or even something in the way so you can't explore, be it a building, mountain, wreckage, what have you.  It isn't just some amorphous darkness that you can't walk through for some reason.

systech said:
"pause422 said:
Same, I don't know what it is, Fable just looks odd."
Fable looks odd?  How?  It's just an RPG game.  Granted, it is one with a more open-ended story and good/evil mechanic, but besides that it's just an RPG game.
"
Everyone looks strange in the game and I am not that into the art style. That is what I meant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, where did I say you should never? I said IMO it's kind of weird to buy Gears over the other two, since the Fable 2 and Fallout 3 have a lot more mileage IMO. Again, that's just my opinion, which was why I was asking him why he would want Gears over the other two. It's not about quality or quantity, since all three of these games have plenty from both sides, but again IMO Gears 2 won't last me as long as Fable 2. That's just me though, im not saying you are wrong for thinking the opposite, I was asking WHY you thought the opposite.

Funny how people react so defensively lmao. I'm going to be playing all three for months and months to come anyways, so I couldn't care less about bashing on or the other, that doesn't matter to me.

PS- nice gif LMAO!

NahmeaN187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By NahmeaN187

They are look sick.  I prefer Fable 2

Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Shadow2K6
Sentry said:

I would.  Fallout 2 and the first Fable were AA games at best.  While the first Gears of War won many awards from various sites and magazines.  Yes we know Fable 2 and Fallout 3 will be long games, they are RPGs while Gears of War is a third-person shooter.  However longer /=/ better.  I rather play a great short campaign then a mediocre drawn out long campaign.  That being said Gears will be best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow2K6 said:
"I rather play a great short campaign then a mediocre drawn out long campaign.
So Fallout 3 and Fable 2 have mediocre campaigns? Lol... again I know what you mean, and im not saying your opinion is wrong. But I truly think some people are forgetting the epic scale of Fable and Fallout. Anyone remember Oblivion? People still play that game to this day. Fallout 3 is going to be even better then Oblivion, supposedly, which is why I am wondering, personally, how someone buy Gears 2 over Fallout 3 IF they could only get one of the two, ever. That's just my opinion, and again they are all going to be amazing games, so don't think that I am saying otherwise.
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By pikastar

Im looking forward to Gears of War 2 the most.

mullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By mullan

FALLOUT 3!!!!

imHunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By imHunt

I'm gonna have to go with Fable 2. I enjoyed the original Fable (not too much though) and I want some more. Gears of war feels like it just came out 2 months ago and I didn't care for the multiplayer. Fallout doesn't interest me too much. I like what Fable 2 has so far.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ArchScabby

How could I choose between those.  Really I think they all are tipping the scale on my excitment level.  I'll be getting all of them so it doesn't really matter.

SonicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SonicBomb

GOW2, the first one was a blast can't wait for # 2.

CyborgNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By CyborgNinja

Tought one, but I would prolly go with Fallout 3.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#100  Edited By Termite

Tied between Fable 2 and Fallout 3