• 79 results
Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Badhands

I was just reorganizing some stuff and managed to run across my box containing an NES, SNES, Genesis, Gamecube, Xbox, PS1 and N64. This kind of got me thinking, what controller I have loved the most throughout gaming history. I came to the conclusion that I kind of love the XBOX Duke controller. I don't know what it is about that big bastard but I loved using that for years, I will admit that I like the 360 one a bit more now that I am used to it but at the time nothing beat that haus. But what about you guys? What are your favorite controllers.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Kyreo

I think the PS3 controller is pretty rad.  The joysticks are nice and the Direction Pad is sick.  Though, the ultimate gaming controller, irrefutably, is the Mouse and Keyboard.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

Keyboard and mouse. When I have to lower myself to using a controller however, I like the PS3 the most. I just find that the thumb sticks are bit too floaty for my tastes. I wish they had a tad more resistance to them.

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Badhands
@Kyreo said:
" I think the PS3 controller is pretty rad.  The joysticks are nice and the Direction Pad is sick.  Though, the ultimate gaming controller, irrefutably, is the Mouse and Keyboard. "
Truth for sure, I didn't add that because some don't consider that a "controller" although you use it to control. 
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By Soap

The PS3 Dual Shock controller is the best video game controller ever made. It's got the best of it all... plus motion controls.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kyreo
@crusader8463 said:
" Keyboard and mouse. When I have to lower myself to using a controller however, I like the PS3 the most. I just find that the thumb sticks are bit too floaty for my tastes. I wish they had a tad more resistance to them. "
That's exactly why I like them.  I feel like I have to manhandle the 360 controller to get the stick to move and the Wii joystick is weird.
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By zidd

Dualshock 2. It would be the Dualshock 3 but the squishy triggers are quite bad. They don't have very much travel which makes the "analog" nature of the triggers nearly useless. The 360 pads shape and button placement are really great but it D-Pad is incredibly bad.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crusader8463

Back when I had my N64 I remember buying a third party controller that looked something like this one below, and it was a million times better then the default N64 one. 

No Caption Provided

I remember once I used this one I could never use the in box one again because it just felt weird and wrong.
Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

PS3 controller for me. Fits in my hands perfectly and it's really comfortable to use. Keyboard and mouse is a close second.

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By tracerace11

I will probably be hailed as an idiot for this opinion, but i really liked the Gamecube controller.  I really liked how they arranged the face buttons.  The only downside to that controller may have been the C-stick, but I did not play many shooters on the Gamecube, so I was fine with it.  Actually, the C-stick worked really good with sports games.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crusader8463
@Kyreo said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" Keyboard and mouse. When I have to lower myself to using a controller however, I like the PS3 the most. I just find that the thumb sticks are bit too floaty for my tastes. I wish they had a tad more resistance to them. "
That's exactly why I like them.  I feel like I have to manhandle the 360 controller to get the stick to move and the Wii joystick is weird. "
I agree, but I just wish they had some kind of feedback to them. It's hard to verbalise what it is exactly, but they just feel off to me for some reason. 

Actually I take that back. I just picked it up off the shelf and I like it more then I remembered. It has been a while since I used it, and I just remembered it feeling off to me the first few times I used it.
Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Contro

Sega Saturn Control Pad 
Sega Saturn Control Pad 
StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

After stumbling unto my PS2 controllers last night when cleaning up I decided to hold them,  I realized how I love how they feel.  After playing with the 360 controller for the last three or so years it felt refreshing.  The only types of games that I can hold the 360 controller over a Playstation controller would be a FPS, even then it's not much of a gap when you compare the two when it comes to fighting games.  So overall, the Playstation controller.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By zidd
@tracerace11: Although unusual, the design of the Gamecube controller was pretty good.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Akeldama

Dualshock is the best designed controller IMO. 

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Otacon
I have to say I'm a fan of the gamecube controller, it took what worked with the n64 and improved it. Saying that, I couldn't imagine using it for non nintendo games. Otherwise I think the 360 controller is the all round best controller, beating the DS3 due to better sticks and triggers.
Avatar image for deactivated-60321b0e394b7
deactivated-60321b0e394b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think my personal favorite is the Playstation Dualshock.  Doesn't matter which Playstation, it's always been the one I've been most comfortable using.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tracerace11 said:
" I will probably be hailed as an idiot for this opinion, but i really liked the Gamecube controller.  I really liked how they arranged the face buttons.  The only downside to that controller may have been the C-stick, but I did not play many shooters on the Gamecube, so I was fine with it.  Actually, the C-stick worked really good with sports games. "
I'm with you on that, I really liked it too. My favourite bit, as with all Nintendo controllers, is the octagonal rings around the sticks which make diagonals really easy to hit if needs be. Should be default on all controllers but I believe they're got it protected. 
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ajamafalous

I think 360 is the most ergonomically comfortable, even if the d-pad is shitty.

As far as precision and performance goes, obviously kb+m, but I wouldn't consider that a controller.

Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ApertureSilence

My favorite game controller is the wooden Guitar Hero controller Logitech makes. It is quite possibly the most exquisite game controller I have ever used. 

No Caption Provided
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By keyhunter

"The Duke"

No Caption Provided
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By project343

Xbox 360 wired controller.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DAFTPUNK

ps3 controller, and keyboard and mouse

T4RTERS4UCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By T4RTERS4UCE

I'm pretty young and haven't used all to many controllers, but I think the Xbox 360 controller is the way to go. It's so ergonomically sound and looks so cool (especially in black!) that I can't put another above it. The D-Pad is the only place where the Dualshock squarely beats it. With that said though, I need to use the analog sticks so much more often than the D-Pad, it's advantage there is kind of pointless.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#25  Edited By BeachThunder

Playstation.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Castiel

The PS2 controller.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I'm kinda torn between the Dreamcast controller and the OG Xbox controller. Both are almost essentially the same with the exception that the Xbox one has two more buttons, another thumbstick, and that both sticks click in. Gotta give it to the TC, LOVED the Big Bertha controller for Xbox. Wish I still had one.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mighty

Mouse and keyboard biatch!

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Cube

Dualshock 3.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#31  Edited By vigorousjammer

It's a toss up for me between the 360 pad and the Dreamcast controller.

while the 360 pad has better ergonomics, I'd say the Dreamcast has a better D-pad, as well as perfect stick & button placement.  The Dreamcast controller also has a nice responsive stick, and I really enjoyed the novelty of the VMU slot,  It was always pretty cool to see what kind of image the different games would produce on the VMU, even if it was a bit primitive looking.

although, the 360 controller has a second stick, and a few more buttons, as well as built-in rumble feedback.

Overall, I'd have to go with the Dreamcast controller, though.  It'd be cool if Microsoft adapted some of the design from that into their next console's controller.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By christ0phe

Dualshock 2 hands down.  PS2 fo life

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@crusader8463 said:
" Keyboard and mouse. When I have to lower myself to using a controller however, I like the PS3 the most. "
monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By monetarydread

Mouse and Keyboard is my favorite.  If I have to choose a console controller I would say that it is a 360 controller. My least favorite is any variant of the dualshock and their awkwardly placed joysticks.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spoonman671

I like the Dualshock.  It's not as comfortable as some other controllers, but I find it has the best functionality.

Mouse is cool, but keyboard could be better.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Clonedzero

360 controller. its comfortable to use and everythings in the best possible positions.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By perilator666

the dual shock

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By nintendoeats

Well not the Kinect, I can tell you that...

Probably the Gamecube, but the 360 is pretty fine as well.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By James_ex_machina

the Xbox360 controller (although my favorite controller for RTS and FPS is the keyboard and mouse) 

I still remember having the SpaceOrb 360 controller back in the day. I actually got very good with the spaceorb.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iDarktread

No Caption Provided
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By Skald

Dualshock 2 because shoulder buttons.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NTM

It doesn't matter to me. I'm just not a big fan of motion controls (Wiimote) even if it is easy to use, it's still not great compared to the standard controller. My favorites right now are the 360 controller, PS3 controller, and mouse & keyboard (which isn't a controller, but whatever). The only problem with a keyboard to me is that they haven't made a key sensitive keyboard yet (I don't think). Meaning, you know how in most games on consoles, you can hold the stick forward gently and the character will move slower or faster depending on how hard/gentle you push? Yeah, I don't think having a "walk" key option in games on PC is a good alternative. I did like what they did with the original Splinter Cell games though; using the mouse wheel, but that's an exception.
Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lemmycaution217

N64 because of nostalgia.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By renmckormack

Wavebird wireless gamecube. 

Was the greatest wireless controller for years. was indestructible. Was easy for non gamers to use to play mario kart. 

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Gabriel

Dualshock specifically 2. 

Avatar image for deactivated-61a0d4294b961
deactivated-61a0d4294b961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mouse and keyboard. My g15 and mx518 can do so much more than any gamepad i've used, and have lasted longer than any gamepad i've ever used.

BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BigLemon

I think the X360 controller is pretty good... I know some people have a problem with the D-pad, but it's never been an issue for me. Plus, I like the triggers way more than the DualShock 3 triggers. Good response. 

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rockanomics

Dualshock 2 probably, 360 pad isn't too shabby either and it's PC compatibility is a huge bonus. 

I'd probably have to give a special mention to the Gravis Blackhawk because that's the stick I used to play through TIE Fighter.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By Deranged

360 by far has the most comfortable controller to grip. PS3 is too small for my hands. Gamecube controller still takes the cake. 

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Except for the fact that it's corded, the PS2 controller is easily the best controller ever made IMHO. PS3 controllers are good too but the R2/L2 buttons stink and the overall quality seems cheaper (I've owned two and both developed slightly sticky X buttons after about a year of use. My original PS2 controller from 2002 has received exponentially more use/abuse yet still works as good as the day I bought it).