Funny names you give characters in games. (OLD)

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Torrim

Let's see, I used to just go with default names, my name, or my username until one fateful morning I didn't think I would actually start Wild Arms seriously and named my  main character AAAAAAAAAA.  Just kind of stuck.  I then named my next character $Dollaz$ because he was a treasure hunter. 

I was hooked.  Since then I've had a Warrior from Diablo named Ghostface Killa, a sorceress from Diablo II named Skankzilla and a Barbarian named Taters.  For some reason, if I'm able to have a first name and last name, I ALWAYS go for a president's name. Theodore Roosevelt was a pretty good driver in Grid.
Amatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By Amatsu

Not something I had done, but back when I used to actually rent games, I rented a wrestling one (can't remember which.. this was like 10 years ago) and someone had named their character from the character creator "Mr. Asswippoo." For some reason, I've never forgotten that. Usually I just keep the character names in games what they are out of the box. I know, I'm boring.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Red

Not really, but my brother usually names his main character "Hoju" after a Simpsons episode.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By danielkempster
@Video_Game_King: My personal vice with Pokemon Red/Blue was naming my rival 'Hump me'. The amount of joy it brings an eight year old to see the sentence "Hump me: Gramps! I'm fed up with waiting!" in a video game is surely insurmountable.
Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny
@Gruff182: good names XP 
i remember having a female orc character which i properly named Hobag
JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By JokerClown88

Carlos Spicywiener.

Joker_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Joker_777

Gary is such a Faggballs.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Driadon

I named a charismatic character I made in Fallout to Missy McWideLegs.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#61  Edited By Video_Game_King

Another example came to mind: in the original Final Fantasy, I named my characters after South Park characters. Yes, Kenny was a Black Mage, and yes, he always died.

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By eezo
@c1337us said:
" I usually name characters Borris.. "
that cracked me up hahaha 
n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By n00d13z

In fallout i named my char. Jesus, then proceeded to kill eveyone in the name of god.  
Also, back in the day when i played half-life deathmatch, my game name was Cancer. 
So it was always "Cancer killed you."
Earthborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Earthborn

I had a short-lived Everquest character named "Beardoman." He did not, as you might expect, have a beard, but he loved to SAY that he did.

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By therabidfrog

When ever I play a Dragon Quest or Dragon Warrior game I name my main hero Pencil. I like to imagine that they're all related. A long line of Pencils stretching out into eternity. Then there's Dongtacamo Buttknocamoose

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By L33tfella_H

Recently in RPG's, i usually name my Character Grant DaNasty, if only because i think it's a fantastic name, also i liked Castlevania III.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By jakob187

My character in Oblivion is named Nadface.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#68  Edited By Tireyo

Mork
Mindy
Socolove
Boy
Girl
It
Bimbo
Dork
Thing 1
Thing 2

Fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Fudgeblood

Dicks
Dickington McDick  
Dicks Rodriguez
Dicksworth

Yeah....

Blipthedwarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Blipthedwarf

I once named my dog in fable 2 Joey, after my husband.  He didn't find it too funny. The dog listened better than he does anyway.  I eventually changed it back to his original name: Ballsniffer. That was in homage to the late, great George Carlin. 

I've been considering naming a Khajit in oblivion Pussy Galore or Bad Kitty, but I don't think those names are inspired enough.  I did have a high elf named Mary J. Wanna.

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ReapersPuppy

Haha I play Phantasy Star Demo like all the frickin time
& I always come up with weird names like Jizzymoto/Sprinkles/TunaTheChihuahua
Idk just random shit =]

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By habster3

I'm not very creative, and I don't really do this for actual character names, but when I started playing Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 again recently, I saved my games under the names "BITCH" and "PRICK," respectively.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Jack Bauer.

nanoStar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite has to be "Im Horny".......... End of story!

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent necro post. 10/10

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#77  Edited By audioBusting

Good necro A++ will come again.

I never really got creative with stupid names, the best I came up with is naming everything I can to "uhhhh" or "um..." to make people sound stupid. Nowadays I just name my first character BIG MAN.

Buble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last name I used was "Lickalotofass"

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't know why but I've always named my Zelda character WASSSSAP!

Yup, that old joke.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing Pokemon Red recently and named my rival DONGS.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When i was like 12 or something i named Link "Take my pants off". Simply so i could trick my friend by showing him the scene where you talk to zelda and she says "Will you please help me <insert name>?" so she would say "Will you please help me take my pants off?"

I was like 12 or something and i thought it was HILARIOUS.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am too boring about that. I don't use weird or funny names on my character. My most creative moment was calling my Mass Effect character Shepard (so his name is Cmdr Shepard Shepard), because I thought it was stupid that everyone always called him by his last name...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually don't name my characters silly things. Although, one time when I was like 17 and playing Final Fantasy VIII I named Rinoa's dog ButtFuck because I thought the idea of people hollering for a dog named buttfuck was hilarious.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I call all my female characters Esmerelda, and once that's taken I call them Bertha. I don't know why. I also like calling characters names from countries they are clearly not from. In Persona 4 I called my character Jean-Paul

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few of the names I've used for WoW characters include Hrumph, Spondoolicks, Flatcap, Tubesocks, and Fldsmdfr (Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs reference). In some single player games I'll name the protagonist Link, because that's the proper name for a video game player character.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By crusader8463

I usually don't. If I'm playing a game that lets me pick its a serious RPG and I can't get into it if my character has a dumb name. When it comes to something like an MMO though, I just go with whatever pops into my mind. Pickle or Dill Pickle was a name I used for awhile. Right now I got a healer named Healazard since I played pokemon so recently it popped into my head. Otherwise I have a text document with names I like that I pick from when I need one and I feel like it fits.

If a character has a nickname like in X-Com then I always go for dumb. For some reason I always give female characters names like Ballbuster, ball kick, castrationer and any other ball busting term indicating that she's a mean bitch. IDK why.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually don't name my characters silly things. Although, one time when I was like 17 and playing Final Fantasy VIII I named Rinoa's dog ButtFuck because I thought the idea of people hollering for a dog named buttfuck was hilarious.

I always named the dog Bum. Then Rinoa's limit breaks were hilarious: Bum Rush, Bum Cannon, etc.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I name almost every character Truxton, after the Sega Genesis classic. Classic Game Room did a fantastic expose on this game, which I will now share with you.

Loading Video...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenlight: Hahaha forgot about her limit breaks. Man, now I sort of want to go play VIII.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I name anything whenever I can, but I don't tend to go silly with it. Naming my P3 protagonist Kirk Thornton was about as goofy as it got.

Well, except for when I played through Star Ocean 4. My level of interest in that game's canon (and, the game itself, really) dropped so fast that giving everyone crappy names was about all that got me through it. I tried to rename the main character "Buttsword" in honor of the scabbard attached to his posterior, but there wasn't enough space so I settled on "Buttsore". Good stuff, I know. Also had "Damn Cat," "Big Guy," "Boobs," "Face," and "Jerkface". And maybe some I'm forgetting. Because it was all so memorable.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flapwagon, after "Fat Jackson's Flap Wagon" in "John Dies at the End". I just love the word "Flapwagon".

Dogs I always name "Mr. Woofles".

And in XCOM, I almost always name my crew after the fine folks of Giant Bomb.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

I go with Wrapmaster 5000, or something equally as dumb.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

me when trying to create a new character in silkroad...i tried many (many) names and all of them was already taken even the infamous 'asdfdfasd' was already taken !

i finaly created it with the name 'itchyandscratchylol'

Solidfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever I play a game on Xbox, it's XxdArKxxW0LFxX

On PC though I name my dudes after my favorite Dota 2 Hero, BroodMother. So I call them Big Booty Broodmother or The Big B or BigBMother

One time I named a Dragon Age dude Robert Erving because that's what one of my friends thought that dude's name was.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I almost always name my characters Batman. It occasionally produces humorous results when characters in the game refer to mine by name.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Carlos1408

I have had a few ridiculously named characters, however, I always find them hard to remember. I usually go for names that I like the sound of aesthetically. For example I have often named characters after some of my favorite fantasy game characters: Ostrava of Boletaria (Demon's Souls) and Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls) being the top two. Usually I just use the second part because I like the sound of the regions they originated from. Plus having "of ..." makes them sound kind of noble or important.

Back to the spirit of this thread the last silly name I can remember was naming my Khajit assasin/thief "K'Ching" in Skyrim. I try to stay as lore friendly as possible.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Motherfucker Jones

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Heycalvero

@earthborn said:

I named Tidus from FFX "MegRyan."

That's great

I will only do dumb names in games where the story doesn't matter much to me. In Demon's Souls I made a dude with the male-female slider all the way to the female side and called her Lola, after the Kinks song.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By GiantLizardKing

I'm playing Final Fantasy 5 right now. In the original Japanese, apparently the main characters name tarnslates to something like "Butz" as that's how it was spelled way back in the day when I played a patched rom of the game. Apparently it got changed to "Bartz" when it officially came to the states, which just won't do so I have dubbed him "Butts".