#51  Edited By Bionicicide
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By grilledcheez

I can't say that I care...I'm on the best site right now. :)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#53  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Every time I make the mistake of visiting Gamespot I am given constant reminders of why I left. It's not the worst video game site out there by any mile, but the editorial staff has been purged of almost anyone with any hint of dynamicism (I do have some respect for Kevin Van Ord, I guess.) leaving a bunch of dull, robotic, and occasionally uninformed individuals in their place.  Have you seen what they replaced On the Spot with recently? It's TERRIBLE. 

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I prefer IGN for their podcasts and editors, the site itself isn't anything special. GB is number 1 in my book.

GameSpot however can go jump off the interweb bridge for all I care.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#55  Edited By gla55jAw

I check out IGN every once and a while just because I know GB can't cover everything. Since I moved from Gamespot to GB (since the beginning), I haven't looked at GameSpot maybe more than 10 times?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Yukoei

Dont worry, it will be number 2 as soon as they ban all their new users.

Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Vigilance

I will check out GS for reviews occasionally- though even then I mostly surf metacritic these days if GB isn't reviewing a game.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Cazamalos

my problem with gamespot is the staff guys in there have no charisma or personality, they're like normal weird geeks writing reviews or talking in front of the camera , except Brian Ekberg and Tor Thorsen those two guys are crazy/awesome!

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By ez123

IGN and Gamespot are both pretty boring. I'm surprised Gametrailes hasn't surpassed them both.

rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By rhodric
@ZeroCast: Says you? Please, get his cock out of your mouth and stop shoving your own opinion as truth. The guy is, for the lack of a more elegant term, a noob. He's bad at games, and that affects his reviews. He can't play shooters or hardcore RTS, period. As for the games he thinks he can play reasonably well (rpgs and mmos?), he's still a baddie. He's just another critic who plays it safe. Wanna know a good critic? Read Giantbomb or Eurogamer, you'll find plenty at both.

Thanks for pointing out Jeff's polite way of saying he's often wrong btw. It really hits home your point...not.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By ch13696

Why the fuck is people still posting that "epic for the win" video. God damn the memories are annoying.

DJL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DJL

The places I visit are here and GS, and both I visit mostly for the forums, so I don't care, really.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bubahula

i don't always visit other sites, but when i do, i visit IGN

TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TinaWood

I don't like Gamespot any more, the reviewers they've got now are terrible and the forums are a mess. The famous features are total trash now, OTS and the Hotspot are long dead. I do like my friends over there though, that's the only reason why I still visit.  

IGN's getting worse with every year that passes... 

@CL60 said:

"  

"

O.M.G 
RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By RagingLion

I still visit Gamespot now and then.  Chris Watter's is pretty good imo and may be a sign of positive things to come from Gamespot.  Ultimately it can take a long time to create a quality team of staff even years after losing Jeff and so many other quality and long term GS peeps at the same time.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TwoOneFive

they do offer a shit load of content. 

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#67  Edited By Y2Ken

Generally my top gaming sites are Giant Bomb (obviously), GamesRadar, TheSixthAxis, PSM3 and 1up. I used to visit IGN and Gamespot more but don't as often nowadays.

I guess you could also count "community sites" that don't review like Playfire (best gaming community-only site IMO), Xfire, GamerDNA and to an extent Joint Ops Monthly (modernwarfare2podcast.com).

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By mattbodega
Kevin Van Ord is the ONLY reason I still visit Gamespot: he's got a sharp critical mind and plenty of love to spare, and he gives time and attention to games that probably wouldn't have gotten that attention otherwise: it's probably because of KTVO that Demon's Souls received Gamespot's Game of the Year award, a choice I couldn't endorse more. 
I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with KTVO unless they were personally hurt over a negative review for  a game they like, in which case....well, they're living their life wrong.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm not too surprised by this. I'll visit Gamespot occasionally as I still post my blogs there (although I'm on a bit of a blogging hiatus at the moment) and there were a few people I knew there but I very rarely look at any of their actual content. I'd say IGN is probably the better site but to be honest I don't care about them too much either.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70  Edited By Willy105

The thing about Gamespot, their reviews are product descriptions, not actual reviews.

The thing about IGN, well, they literally insulted their readers and forced them out.

@ez123 said:

" IGN and Gamespot are both pretty boring. I'm surprised Gametrailes hasn't surpassed them both. "

Gametrailers is great, but it was a lot better when it wasn't popular. They removed a lot of great things for a bad Flash player, you can't skip ads, and the community deserves to be nuked from orbit.
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71  Edited By Xandurson

I don't go to Gamespot anymore so I don't know how it is anymore but I'm a little surprised by this. I never thought it was good enough to warrant that many views. I'll stick with GB and the occasional IGN.

Valestis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Valestis
@PrimeSynergy said:
" I prefer IGN for their podcasts and editors, the site itself isn't anything special. GB is number 1 in my book. GameSpot however can go jump off the interweb bridge for all I care. "
This. I love IGN's Three Red Lights podcast.
Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Alphiehyr
@spankingaddict said:
" i dont like gamespot anymore... "
I second this. Their moderators are probably teenagers.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By Evilsbane

I use both Gamespot and IGN as news outlets and nothing more, I read what little good material they put out and then I go to GB to look for a new QL.

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i started gaming when gamespot was starting out, so its a big part of me. after watching some old videos of the giantbomb crew I realized.. DAMN i GREW UP with these dudes on the internet..wtf!

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Kbm600

Both sites have horrific reviewers. Their video reviews are just God awful in comparison to Giantbomb's Staff's charisma and charm they bring to every review. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jeffsekai

Who knew a site started up from a bunch of ex Gamespot dudes would hate Gamespot.