gamestop is good for one thing

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

showing the release dates. right now it says god of war comes out april 2010, they're always right about that stuff it seems, at least from my recollection. 

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

CONFIRMED THEN!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

It says April 2010 because when I new game is announced they just enter an estimated date till they get the official one.  I know this because two of my friends used to work at a Gamestop.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive
JJOR64 said:
"It says April 2010 because when I new game is announced they just enter an estimated date till they get the official one.  I know this because two of my friends used to work at a Gamestop."
it said march 2009 for re5 for well over a year though. 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

They're all guesses. You'd get the same amount of reliable from information from coming on giant bomb and asking "when do you think X is coming out?"

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate
MattyFTM said:
"They're all guesses. You'd get the same amount of reliable from information from coming on giant bomb and asking "when do you think X is coming out?""
X is due out on te 5th of june
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

2010, the year the robots took over. Can't believe it's actually next year. There's no way I'll be able to afford that bunker now. :(

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karmum
TwoOneFive said:
"showing the release dates. right now it says god of war comes out april 2010, they're always right about that stuff it seems, at least from my recollection. "
That is just speculation, because alot of reports are saying God of War III could make this year. Nobody is 100 percent right.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By pause422
TwoOneFive said:
"showing the release dates. right now it says god of war comes out april 2010, they're always right about that stuff it seems, at least from my recollection. "
If you think Gamestop is always right about release dates I'm going to assume you're currently both baked and wasted.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trophyhunter

not really when they just assign a date to stuff the don't know and when it does not come out then they push it back a month every time they are wrong

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#11  Edited By TobyD81

Yeah, I think just having some sort of date in the system lets them advertise the game and start pre-orders. "Hey, X is coming out on June 5th, I'd better pre-order it..."*click*

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By CenturionCajun

Gamestop merely makes up release dates so that people are more willing to pre-order games. The reason that Resident Evil was so on the money was because at E3 2008 they came out and said it would come out in March of 2009. Gamestop doesn't have any magical insider knowledge about how things go on in the video game industry.

Case in Point: Batman Arkham Asylum. They sent out huge marketing for this game this month. Four full size front window banners, cieling hangers, extra 30% power trade towards it, and a big spot on Gamestop TV about it. Almost the next day after all of that stuff goes up Eidos announces it has been delayed until "the end of summer".

What makes that whole thing even more amusing is that Game Informer's website were the ones to break the news.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Systech

Okay, we're all set. Hey everybody, Gamestop knows everything.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By jNerd
Coltonio7 said:
CONFIRMED THEN!
COOOOONNNNFFIIIRRRRMMEEEDDDD!!!!!!!

systech said:
Okay, we're all set. Hey everybody, Gamestop knows everything.
Systech's right, I used to work there I would know.......

EDIT:
I wonder if GameStop knows when 'Splosion Man is comin out on XBLA :P
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By CenturionCajun

Silly man. Gamestop doesn't care about anything they can't sell a hundred copies of in their store.

Example: We still have never gotten restocked from our first allotment of Persona 4. And it actually sold pretty well. We do however maintain a steady level of about eight new copies of Halo 3.