Halo Kart Announced, Dated, with Gameplay Video

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Technically called "Halo Tracks"  (but it's stuck with Halo kart), apparently this is actually made by an internal Microsoft Game Studios team with some help from Bungie.  Basically they gave them all the halo 3 assets and what not.  It's suppose to come out Fall 2009, probably before ODST. 

Here's the first gameplay video of it:

So what do you say?  Milkage or just taking the franchise in new directions?  I think I'll be buying it .
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By crunchUK

Obvious troll is..... painfully obvious.

But pretty amazing what you and your imagination can do in forge

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

i thought April Fools was over?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Ahh... I always thought forge was pretty limited until today with Sandbox.  I myself am able to make pretty good maps.  Handling the objects is just easier now than with foundry's and the grid is very useful.  Foundry was good, but only if you had a good amount of time to use lining things up and crap like that.  Sandbox is a playground-- it really does feel like it.  Damn fun default map as well.

Anyway crunch, you say this is an obvious fake, but for those who haven't played halo 3 a bit, this seems like a halo racing game.
Damn, I played quite a bit of racing which is why I felt like posting this.  Some of these new Sandbox race courses are freaking fun.  There's one in particular which has red/blue lights/ kill balls to treat it aesthetically as well as a big pyrmaid thing.  It looks like something from mario kart haloized.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

Haha, you're so funny.

Still, that is a pretty awesome Forge map, I must admit.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By rinkalicous

The tracks look too thin to be fun. I want to tear up the track, not worry about falling off the edge!

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FlipperDesert

... what

Pointless thread, wrong section.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Rinkalicous said:
"The tracks look too thin to be fun. I want to tear up the track, not worry about falling off the edge!"

trust me, yes you do.  8 people doing that at once is crazy awesome.  Grab a gravity hammer and hide out, etc.
The handling in halo is very easy to control.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

You know, it's possible to create a topic about this without lying about what it really is.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

thats pretty cool its so amazing what people do with forge.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By rinkalicous
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Rinkalicous said:
"The tracks look too thin to be fun. I want to tear up the track, not worry about falling off the edge!"
trust me, yes you do.  8 people doing that at once is crazy awesome.  Grab a gravity hammer and hide out, etc. The handling in halo is very easy to control. "
The handling is easy to use, but way too drifty for that kind of precision, surely? I remember in the campaign, on that bit where you have the option of taking the lift up the crane to drive onto the back of a scarab, even that was hard to get across because once your mongoose fishtailed even slightly off the edge it was all over.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By get2sammyb
LordAndrew said:
"You know, it's possible to create a topic about this without lying about what it really is."
Yes, I agree. Even though I thought the content of the video was pretty cool -- you could have presented it for what it is.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Karmum

Pretty sure the video intro alone says "Halo 3."

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Ahh... I always thought forge was pretty limited until today with Sandbox.  I myself am able to make pretty good maps.  Handling the objects is just easier now than with foundry's and the grid is very useful.  Foundry was good, but only if you had a good amount of time to use lining things up and crap like that.  Sandbox is a playground-- it really does feel like it.  Damn fun default map as well. Anyway crunch, you say this is an obvious fake, but for those who haven't played halo 3 a bit, this seems like a halo racing game.Damn, I played quite a bit of racing which is why I felt like posting this.  Some of these new Sandbox race courses are freaking fun.  There's one in particular which has red/blue lights/ kill balls to treat it aesthetically as well as a big pyrmaid thing.  It looks like something from mario kart haloized. "
Yeah... but... it's not a halo racing game. it's halo 3 forge
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By AgentJ

Jesus I would fall off sooooo much. I can barely drive those things on flat ground!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crunchUK
AgentJ said:
"Jesus I would fall off sooooo much. I can barely drive those things on flat ground!"
i love standoff
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

>_< I guess the fact that halo 3 and forge dominate very other game in terms of gameplay and abbility to customise a game means i get 2 minuses though its a fact no other game on the console approaches forges customizability.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Pie

From that video it looks like the game could shape up pretty good but i wouldnt of thought they would sink that low. I soppose we will have to wait and see.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JoelTGM

that is one bumpy track

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crunchUK
WilliamRLBaker said:
">_< I guess the fact that halo 3 and forge dominate very other game in terms of gameplay and abbility to customise a game means i get 2 minuses though its a fact no other game on the console approaches forges customizability."
yes but praising halo is like, really uncool!
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By TheHBK

Super Mario Kart's Rainbow Road, but worse I would say. I would say that the track being wide enough for two people would be cool but here it looks like you can barely fit in a mongoose, let along a warthog.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By bwooduhs

Damn april fools was like a week ago.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive

facepalm

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince

I thought you were serious for a moment. That video was awesome though!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25  Edited By natetodamax
crunchUK said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
">_< I guess the fact that halo 3 and forge dominate very other game in terms of gameplay and abbility to customise a game means i get 2 minuses though its a fact no other game on the console approaches forges customizability."
yes but praising halo is like, really uncool!"
So is trolling.
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Steve_C

That really reminded of the final track in F Zero GX. Looks fun. It's amazing how far fans will go and push things given a few tools.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Steve_C said:
"That really reminded of the final track in F Zero GX. Looks fun. It's amazing how far fans will go and push things given a few tools."
On the topic of Halo 3's forge, here's some other sandbox forged maps:

Say hello to mage, a near perfect remake of Warlock, with even matching aesthetics! 
Lots of spot on remakes...ah...more like a good amount right now...but it's only been out for about a month with the LE of Halo wars.  Anyway, I  just thought I'd post one as an example

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#28  Edited By AgentJ
Steve_C said:
"That really reminded of the final track in F Zero GX. Looks fun. It's amazing how far fans will go and push things given a few tools."
Hrm, i sort of see the resemblance.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By TheJollyRajah
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Steve_C said:
On the topic of Halo 3's forge, here's some other sandbox forged maps:

Say hello to mage, a near perfect remake of Warlock, with even matching aesthetics!  Lots of spot on remakes...ah...more like a good amount right now...but it's only been out for about a month with the LE of Halo wars.  Anyway, I  just thought I'd post one as an example"
That's actually very good.