Have You Made Game Reviews on GiantBomb?

• 52 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

I was kinda thinking about giving it a try. I did made some reviews on gamespot in the past. I was thinking about reviewing spec-ops: the line once I've played it. Anyway have anyone of you guys or girls. Made any written reviews on giantbomb?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yes. Quite a few. Hell, some of them were even featured back when that was a thing.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

I've done a couple. I tend to do them for older games, as I'm working through my backlog. That usually means that no one sees them but they are good practice.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Just one. Haven't been moved to do another one since though.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Zenogiasu

Yeah, I've done a couple of reviews. I find it's a good way to keep the quality of my writing from deteriorating too much over the summer break. And you play a game much differently if you go into it with the mindset of "I am going to review this one." You're more critical and analytical, and it makes playing an even more active and engaging experience.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Hizang

A few, why you ask.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#7  Edited By MightyDuck

I wrote one for NFS: Hot Pursuit and it was featured at the bottom when GB still did that. That would be a neat feature to resurrect when the site is rebuilt.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic

I'm going to start making reviews for fun. I'm ready to accept the criticism again. The positive and negative backlash. I'll embrace it and use that to make more and better reviews.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By veektarius

I only write a review when the site isn't already inundated in them. A public service. Sometimes I"m tempted to do it for a major game, but I look at the list and really, even if people were going to read my review after everyone else's, I wouldn't have anything original to say.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mosespippy

I've written reviews for Where Is My Heart?, Shift 2, Tomb Raider Underworld and the Challenge of the Edy Detachment DLC for Valkyria Chronicles. I keep my reviews limited to between 450 and 600 words since I know the internets attention span is pretty low. It also means I can cut out any of the unimportant filler and get straight to the key points.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TehFlan

I wrote a review for Kirby Mass Attack. That game is pretty good and you should buy it.

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

I don't write reviews because I know no one cares about my opinion.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Jrinswand
@wemibelec90 said:

I've done a couple. I tend to do them for older games, as I'm working through my backlog. That usually means that no one sees them but they are good practice.

"Older games?" Every single one of the games you've reviewed came out last year.
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I have never written a game review. I should try it at some point to see if I have a knack for it.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By beargirl1

i did one, but that's about it. don't know if i'd ever do one again because it takes me a long time to form a opinion about a game.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Lava

I've done a couple, more good practice for myself than anything else. Some people have read them and commented on time from time though and that is always appreciated.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falserelic

Thinking about it. I'm going to do a review for the curse crusader later on today. I fucking hated that game, and I need to warn people to stay away from it. Even if 1 person see's my review. A least I hope it help's them decide not to buy it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#19  Edited By Yummylee

According to my profile I've done 72 in total! Though some of those may just be text-trash ported from my gamespot profile... I enjoy writing user-reviews, if only to better contain my own thoughts on a game. But it can also take me a while just to get the energy to write one. I'm not a particularly good writer or anything, but I still like to manage some level of quality and it usually takes quite a bit of time for me to write up a review I'm happy with. And even then I'm constantly heading back in to edit any typos or awkward sentences that I may have missed.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

No. I do believe I play games with a critical eye, and in my mind I take notes as I go through one, but when it comes to writing down my thoughts in review form, I just have a hard time knowing where to start and where to go from there if I do get it started. I think if I were to have a game site and have to give my opinion, I'd rather do a type of Q&A, where viewers write in questions they have about a game and I can answer it that way, it'd just be easier, then I'd provide a score with some descriptions since I can score games pretty well, ha ha.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By Sooperspy

I have done three (did more but they were horrible so I deleted them) and they have all been pretty helpful to people. 8/10 people have found them helpful.

Maybe I'll do more. I like writing reviews and I just rented Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning so I might do one on that. I also might do one on The second episode of The Walking Dead.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yummylee

@Video_Game_King: I just want to point out that it wasn't me who unrecommended your Code: Veronica: X review, as I'm sure I was your most likely suspect. :o

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#23  Edited By Wemibelle

@Jrinswand: Oh, right. Guess I never put my older reviews here. Only the newer stuff.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Yummylee said:

@Video_Game_King: I just want to point out that it wasn't me who unrecommended your Code: Veronica: X review, as I'm sure I was your most likely suspect. :o

Given that I wasn't thinking of it before, I do now.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#25  Edited By brownsfantb

I wrote a review for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. It was the first game I finished when I joined the site. I was going to do one for rmost of the games I finished but time hasn't allowed me to do that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee

@Video_Game_King said:

@Yummylee said:

Given that I wasn't thinking of it before, I do now.

I'm now almost inclined to recommend it just to abolish any and all suspicions. But... nah. You're just going to have live in anguish and uncertainty.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By falserelic

I sense tension.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Cubical

No because I dont care if any of you people buy horrible games. Everybody buys a horrible game even if they read a review.

I also dont have time . Oh and if i reviewed the games I worked on I would give them all perfect 10s and maybe even 11s I have bills and I also think some of the crap for the xbox 360 that comes out of our parent companys studio is ass.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I think I wrote one user review on here in my entire time. It was for some weird iPhone game. I'm fairly sure the review was terrible. Generally when writing about games, I prefer a blog format where I'm just talking about my particular experience with it, with the intention to entertain and encourage discussion on the subject, rather than provide purchasing advice. And I do regularly blog about games.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I made one for Recettear almost as soon as I started being a member on Giant Bomb and somehow it actually found its way on the front page. I was really lucky; if I remember correctly I was in a window right before they changed the front page to what it is now.

I hope they'll get back to somehow highlighting user reviews - maybe in the same section as the community highlights? It'd be a good opportunity to get people's reviews out there. I actually liked reading those featured reviews, too.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Yummylee said:

You're just going to have live in anguish and uncertainty.

Don't we all?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@EquitasInvictus: They do still occasionally highlight user reviews in the 'rad stuff made by our community' tab, but I think the mods are much more selective of what goes up there now.

@Video_Game_King said:

@Yummylee said:

You're just going to have live in anguish and uncertainty.

Don't we all?

No Caption Provided
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By white_sox

Just one for Kane and Lynch 2.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By CJduke

I always want to, but by the time I finish a game its usually a few weeks after it comes out and by then writing a review is kinda pointless because the people who finished the game in a timely fashion already wrote a bunch. So I never do, but I should because I always think it seems like fun.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By falserelic

@white_sox said:

I remember seeing your review along time ago. I agree with everything you said about the game. I remember when I first bought it I was pissed. I beat the game in 3 hours, and the ending was out of nowhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie: Same here

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By white_sox

@falserelic said:

@white_sox said:

I remember seeing your review along time ago. I agree with everything you said about the game. I remember when I first bought it I was pissed. I beat the game in 3 hours, and the ending was out of nowhere.

Thanks man!

It takes me awhile to write reviews (I used to write some on GS before GB), so it is good to know some people read them.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By falserelic

Your Welcome.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By nightriff

I've done only one because I wanted to put my feelings down about how I felt about the game (Arkham City). I wanted to review every game I played but I have a hard time putting how I feel about the game into words. I hope to do more and get better at it soon. It will be easier when I'm just working and playing games instead of school distracting me.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

A few. I'm about to do a review of Dead Island but I still have to figure out if I like it or not (and beat it of course).

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#41  Edited By Rodent

Ah yes. Yes I have. 21 of them in fact. And more on the way.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By JasonR86

Yes, though I haven't in a while.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pandorasbox

I have reviewed a couple of games in the past, but most of them were ignored so i haven't done any in quite some time. I don't know if this speaks to the quality of my reviews, or if the website is just not displaying the content in any way that will bring decent traffic to user reviews.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Grimace

I wrote a Far Cry 2 review.

I'd like to think my writing has improved since then.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By Vexxan

Never.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FilipHolm

I reviewed Journey, but that's it.

Did work as a reviewer on a magazine until about a year ago though, mostly movies.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By Hunter5024

I intend to edit my retrospective about Fire Emblem 6 into a review. I write reviews pretty often but I rarely post them anywhere. Mostly just a writing exercise, and a process to get my thoughts out about a game instead of just letting them stew around in my head.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By Humanity

I do them for new releases now as a hobby as I think reviewing older games now is somewhat unfair. I just played through Vanquish and I'd probably give it a 3/5 but maybe a year or two ago my feelings wouldn't be as negative. The Bombcast overhyped it way too much but thats what they do - champion mediocre games.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Karl_Boss

No because I never read or care about user reviews and I just assume most people feel the same way.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By GunstarRed

I've done one. I have thought about adding a few for games I like/hate with a passion that don't have any user reviews attached to them, but it probably wouldn't be worth the effort.