Hello I have a majoy dilemma

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kmdrkul

I got Street Fighter 4 last Friday.  I've been enjoying the game; I was playing today online and I won three in a row.  I was pretty psyched since I hadn't done that before.  Immediately after that I lost 5 in a row, the fifth being a loss at the hands of a complete noobie playing as Cammy.  I got angry.  I slammed my Xbox controller down and, quite literally- not to mention regrettably- punched my Xbox 360 as hard as I could.  It turned off.  It still works.  Unfortunately my Street Fighter 4 disc has gotten scratched.  It works up until a point; then I get a disc read error prompt and am told to try to clean it.

That's actually the story behind my question:  I know that you can download your games onto your Xbox for "faster load times."  I haven't done this yet.  If I get another, working copy of Street Fighter 4, download it onto my Xbox 360 harddrive, can I then just put my scratched disc into the tray and will I be able to play?  I really would not like to shell out another sixty bucks for the game...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

EDIT: It appears as if in my desperation I have made a typo in the title.  Sorry, that is meant to say "major"

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Nobody has ever gotten anywhere by dragon punching their xbox

In honesty, you may be able to bounce it if you can rent or borrow another vopy, gotta bebetter than shelling out again right |???

(like i had to :()
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb
kmdrkul said:
"I got Street Fighter 4 last Friday.  I've been enjoying the game; I was playing today online and I won three in a row.  I was pretty psyched since I hadn't done that before.  Immediately after that I lost 5 in a row, the fifth being a loss at the hands of a complete noobie playing as Cammy.  I got angry.  I slammed my Xbox controller down and, quite literally- not to mention regrettably- punched my Xbox 360 as hard as I could.  It turned off.  It still works.  Unfortunately my Street Fighter 4 disc has gotten scratched.  It works up until a point; then I get a disc read error prompt and am told to try to clean it.

That's actually the story behind my question:  I know that you can download your games onto your Xbox for "faster load times."  I haven't done this yet.  If I get another, working copy of Street Fighter 4, download it onto my Xbox 360 harddrive, can I then just put my scratched disc into the tray and will I be able to play?  I really would not like to shell out another sixty bucks for the game...Any help would be greatly appreciated...EDIT: It appears as if in my desperation I have made a typo in the title.  Sorry, that is meant to say "major""

There was speculation about whether this would work, before the NXE launched, but I haven't heard of anything since.

/shrug

Good luck, though!
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

Rent it and install the game, then put the scratched disc in and find out if it works.  Just sit further away from your 360 next time, and have something beside you to throw other than your controller.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

someone needs anger management.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By StarFoxA

Haha, my brother used to throw the Wavebird at me after I owned him in Mario Kart... lol good times.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

I threw a blue haduken at my xbox the other day, it still works, though.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c1337us

The major problem here must be that you still have a functioning xbox after hitting it as hard as you can. Its not exactly build to withstand punishment. Just do some weights everyday and buld up your upper body strength. Then you'll be dragon punching 360's into oblivion in no time. Also dont be a retard and hit your equipment if you dant want it damaged and cant afford it replaced. Easy.

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By METALM1LITIA91
c1337us said:
"The major problem here must be that you still have a functioning xbox after hitting it as hard as you can. Its not exactly build to withstand punishment. Just do some weights everyday and buld up your upper body strength. Then you'll be dragon punching 360's into oblivion in no time. Also dont be a retard and hit your equipment if you dant want it damaged and cant afford it replaced. Easy. "
He also needs to buy one of those Total Gyms that Chuck Norris endorses. If he could've roundhouse kicked that sucker there would be nothing left
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iamjohn

I'm just gonna say, man, you got what you deserved.

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mr_registered

Why would punch an inanimate object after losing matches against people you don't know in a game you are relatively new to? I've never got why people try and break their own property after losing at a game (a game, as in for fun).

But on topic, have you tried installing your scratched copy of SF4? It may not run from the disc but there's a chance it may install.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK

OWNED MASSIVELY

Rezzolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Rezzolution

Lol, that's pretty funny. But yeah, I would at least give renting it and installing it a try. I mean, worst comes to worst you're out like 7 bucks.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Just rent another copy of Street Fighter IV, put your disk in the case then return it claiming that the game does not work for a free refund.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Majoy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Majoy."
Yeah, I think we know where the REAL dilemma is at!  One-handed typing FTL!
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kmdrkul
mr_registered said:
"Why would punch an inanimate object after losing matches against people you don't know in a game you are relatively new to? I've never got why people try and break their own property after losing at a game (a game, as in for fun).But on topic, have you tried installing your scratched copy of SF4? It may not run from the disc but there's a chance it may install."
I didn't try to break anything.  I got angry and did something dumb... Maybe I did get what I deserved for both A)losing five times in a row, and to a noob playing as Cammy and B) having a tantrum, but nobody ever tries to break their stuff.  Thanks for the suggestion; it turns out the game works... so long as I don't play as Sagat or Gen.  No idea why; Gen I can live without, but Sagat...

"Majoy."
Yeah, you are clever.  Unfortunately I already addressed it.  It's okay though, your post was equally as useful as all the others here.  I am so glad this forum helped me yet again.  You guys never cease to amaze me.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18  Edited By Sin4profit

Dude, don't admit to yer typos and people will just assume they're out of the geek speak loop.

Dude, barrow a copy from a friend and find out...damn...ya need a forum to tell you to do that?

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kmdrkul
Sin4profit said:
"Dude, don't admit to yer typos and people will just assume they're out of the geek speak loop.Dude, barrow a copy from a friend and find out...damn...ya need a forum to tell you to do that?"
I'm not asking for a forum to tell me to do anything.  I'm asking the forum if it is even possible.  I still don't know.  I'm not going to bother if it doesn't work.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#20  Edited By Vinchenzo

If I get angry I either (A) Punch the ground, (B) Yell curse words, or (C) Punch the bed. It sucks to be angry.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#21  Edited By Sin4profit

is it really that bothersome to barrow a copy and find out on yer own..to posses this knowledge they we here lack..think of the potential power you shall have in any given conversation! THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FlipperDesert
mr_registered said:
"Why would punch an inanimate object after losing matches against people you don't know in a game you are relatively new to? I've never got why people try and break their own property after losing at a game (a game, as in for fun)."
Why do people yell at sports on TV? No need to get all self-righteous.

OP, do you have any local game stores that repair discs? Places like Blockbuster do that for cheaper than a rental, and it cuts a thin layer off the disc so it reads cleaner. I did it for my Gears of War when my Xbox chewed it up.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Or, you could rent it, and swap your broken copy for the working one.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kmdrkul
FlipperDesert said:
"mr_registered said:
"Why would punch an inanimate object after losing matches against people you don't know in a game you are relatively new to? I've never got why people try and break their own property after losing at a game (a game, as in for fun)."
Why do people yell at sports on TV? No need to get all self-righteous.OP, do you have any local game stores that repair discs? Places like Blockbuster do that for cheaper than a rental, and it cuts a thin layer off the disc so it reads cleaner. I did it for my Gears of War when my Xbox chewed it up."
That's probably what I am going to do.  For now I've just not been playing as or against Sagat or Gen and it's been fine, but eventually I am going to have to fix it heh...
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Never underestimate the power of the falcon punch.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shadow

that might work actually

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kmdrkul

I'm surprised there is no concrete answer on this issue... I asked on this forum as well as Gamespot and got no true answer.  I'd imagine I'm not the only one who has been stuck with a scratched 360 game before; why MS hasn't addressed this issue is beyond me.