Hey, Phil Fish is Back on Twitter! Posts weird Vine?

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Jimbo

@naru_joe93: You don't get to decide which relevant opinions are expressed on a thread. That's not how this works.

I wish he'd stayed gone, at least until he grew up a bit or got help or whatever he needs to do.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@jimbo said:

@naru_joe93: You don't get to decide which relevant opinions are expressed on a thread. That's not how this works.

I wish he'd stayed gone, at least until he grew up a bit or got help or whatever he needs to do.

Never said I was deciding/enforcing, just asked for the courtesy. I guess you just really wanted me to know your opinion, because it REALLY needs to be put out there.

You know, cause this is, apparently, the latest phil fish opinions thread!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jimbo said:

Never said I was deciding/enforcing, just asked for the courtesy. I guess you just really wanted me to know your opinion, because it REALLY needs to be put out there.

It is now.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

@jimmyfenix: I don't know what to believe anymore.

I hope it wasn't Fish, because that was a real nasty F-bomb dropped there.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phil Fish can quit video games, but he can't quit twitter. It's sad.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Baillie

I like Phil Fish.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

RESTART THE WARCLOCK!

Amazing. that made me grin so hard

CrunchyPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: I don't know what to believe anymore. I hope it wasn't Fish, because that was a real nasty F-bomb dropped there.

If the twitter screenshot isn't doctored then it pretty much would have to have been Fish. Who else has access to the Polytron twitter account? And I wouldn't be surprised about the language used in the posts at all, that's par for the course with the guy.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phil Fish is probably the most polarizing public figure in the video game industry, which makes him awesome in my book. Punk Rawk ethos 4 lyfe.

Olu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Olu
gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By gaminghooligan
Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would imagine he's come to his senses and realized the entire argument is as silly as the the two toys wrestling. At least I hope that's what it means.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

Are you new at this? You opened a discussion thread on Phil Fish returning to twitter; I gave my opinion (to the thread, not to you) on Phil Fish returning to twitter. That's how discussion forums work. If you don't like it then go have the conversation in private with like-minded individuals, not on a public discussion forum.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo: Wow, very insightful! Please continue!

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you guys stop giving this dude attention already?

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@you_died said:

Can you guys stop giving this dude attention already?

I agree. I for one have reached a point where I don't really care what Phil Fish does. There are so many great game developers out there to only be focused on one.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By shinjin977

Wow.......reading the comments in this thread........This is giantbomb guys. Probably one of the chillest/best gamer hang out on the internet and he get this type of hate here. Are you guys surprise he have meltdowns and seems emotionally unstable? Unless you are a child-killer or something, this amount of hate is really uncalled for. It is like the entire internet want him to suffer forever for being.......a rude loud mouth? You don't have to like him but seriously this seething hate in here......I am not phil fish and I already want to get off the internet.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: Then he should just, you know, stop giving a shit about random faceless people on the internet. He seems like a guy who should be able to do so.

CrunchyPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow.......reading the comments in this thread........This is giantbomb guys. Probably one of the chillest/best gamer hang out on the internet and he get this type of hate here. Are you guys surprise he have meltdowns and seems emotionally unstable? Unless you are a child-killer or something, this amount of hate is really uncalled for. It is like the entire internet want him to suffer forever for being.......a rude loud mouth? You don't have to like him but seriously this seething hate in here......I am not phil fish and I already want to get off the internet.

I think it's not so much an elaborate internet hate campaign as it is proof that the golden rule typically works both ways. Act like a jerk to everyone, and everyone's going to be jerks right back to you.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By groverat

Marcus Beer is not a random faceless person on the Internet. He's a "journalist" with a very public face with a long history in the industry and who, even now, most of the games press is completely loathe to criticize (while heaping judgment on Fish all the way).

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@groverat said:

Marcus Beer is not a random faceless person on the Internet. He's a "journalist" with a very public face with a long history in the industry and who, even now, most of the games press is completely loathe to criticize (while heaping judgment on Fish all the way).

He's also called the "Annoyed Gamer" for fucks sake, like, what do you expect? He badmouthed someone? Wow, what a surprise.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By groverat

I call myself "The Murderer" and I murdered your family jeez what do you expect? Wow big surprise I stabbed them all it's what I do I own it OK? Jeez stop freaking out about all this blood.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Good lord. Just bringing this dude up causes people to turn in to caustic assholes that I want nothing to do with. I am sometimes proud to be part of this community, such as during the tragic events earlier this month. Other times you dudes seriously fucking shame me with your inability to have a reasonable discourse without resulting to snark, sarcasm, and I guess what some people would call wit but I think is kind of weak?

Not all of you, obviously, just a select few.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sincerely want to know how someone can like Phil Fish.

Fucking seriously, someone explain it to me. I'm not talking about fucking FEZ, I mean the actual man Phil Fish.

How can you look at that and honestly say to yourself, "No, that's okay. I like that."

Because I haven't seen or heard a single thing about him that would make me hate him

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko:

I had barely heard of him and had no interest in him either way. But the way he responded to a Japanese indie dev(Makoto Goto) was very flippant and I don't think he gave him any respect. That doesn't mean I dislike the man, but they way he responded to the question was poor and I only seen this today. The video's below.

Loading Video...

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@groverat: Do you also make videos about murdering people for the website you work for? Wait, I don't want to know the answer for that.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo: Wow, very insightful! Please continue!

Wow, you're really acting like an ass at this point.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Phil Fish rudely said that Japanese games "suck" when asked by a nervous Japanese man at a GDC indie game movie panel. He apologized to the guy whose question he answered (rudely) and the guy accepted the apology graciously.

- Phil Fish told his haters to "choke on it (his dick)" after winning the grand prize at IGF. Violent and misogynistic, but I appreciate the spirit of it.

- Phil Fish told his haters ("nerds") to "boycott harder" after Fez topped the Steam sales charts. This, like the previous comment, is aimed directly at people who already hate him.

- Phil Fish wears thick-rimmed black glasses and has mutton chops. He speaks about games as if they are very important. This causes anti-"hipster" rage.

As you can see, he's basically Hitler.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@groverat: No one is saying he's Hitler. Fish acts like a jerk, so people respond in kind.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@groverat: No one is saying he's Hitler. Fish acts like a jerk, so people respond in kind.

Damn, second page and Godwin's Law already invoked.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd: mmhmm. And how does that make you feel?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93:

I can see why you like Phil so much.

Definitely. Wanna go grab a burger and a malt?

Hewitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Hewitt

Both Ryan Davis and Alex Navaro have been known to be quite abbrasive and rude in the giantbomb panels too! But they didn't get the hate that Phil Fish has achieved.

Who cares if he's a dick to people or not? You don't have to be his friend to like his games.

E.G: Tom Cruise is an insanely crazy, and dangerous, human being, but I can still like his movies.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@groverat: I thought the steam stuff was funny, and it even sold about 250,000 so that boycott totally worked

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#92  Edited By LackingSaint

@shinjin977 said:

I'm with you! The GianBomb Staff is by far one of the most chill, open-minded game news groups out there, especially when it comes to talking about actual people in the industry. I'd hope that that's reflected by the community, especially when Phil has already been a welcome presence on GB Live Shows before, but it seems like a lot of people really just want him to suffer forever.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I sincerely want to know how someone can like Phil Fish.

Fucking seriously, someone explain it to me. I'm not talking about fucking FEZ, I mean the actual man Phil Fish.

How can you look at that and honestly say to yourself, "No, that's okay. I like that."

When you bother looking at things other than his twitter fights with whoever, like his appearance on the bombcast during GDC or other interviews or really most of what you see from him in Indie Game the Movie you can see a passionate guy that likes games and is very smart and knowledgeable about them.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That was an awesome video.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hailinel

The GB poster who photoshopped Fish's head onto a Nazi shooting a Holocaust victim certainly made the comparison between Fish and Hitler.

Besides that, people are rarely "responding" to Fish, because you cannot respond to someone who is not talking to you. For instance, Beer was not responding to Fish. Beer inserted himself into a drama of which he was not a part.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@groverat said:

@Hailinel

The GB poster who photoshopped Fish's head onto a Nazi shooting a Holocaust victim certainly made the comparison between Fish and Hitler.

Besides that, people are rarely "responding" to Fish, because you cannot respond to someone who is not talking to you. For instance, Beer was not responding to Fish. Beer inserted himself into a drama of which he was not a part.

That was another thread, and I don't believe that poster was being serious.

Beer did not insert himself into a drama of which he was not a part. Beer was one half of the drama in this particular case; the other half being Fish. Did Beer light the fire? Yes. Did Fish make any effort to ignore the fire or put it out? No. He doused it in kerosine.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Draxyle

@lackingsaint said:

@shinjin977 said:

I'm with you! The GianBomb Staff is by far one of the most chill, open-minded game news groups out there, especially when it comes to talking about actual people in the industry. I'd hope that that's reflected by the community, especially when Phil has already been a welcome presence on GB Live Shows before, but it seems like a lot of people really just want him to suffer forever.

The first time I saw him speak was during the GDC Giantbomb livestream, and I couldn't understand why anyone would have such an active hatred of the guy. He's no EA, he's no Activision, he's a passionate indie dev who speaks without a filter. It's understandable that he would make enemies like that, but it's no reason to boycott or decry the dude at every opportunity.

I still love JP games, but even I had the social comprehension to recognize Phil's notorious statements as severe hyperbole. People who are taking everything he says at face value are completely misunderstanding the guy's personality.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Fez 2 is confirmed to be a Skylanders spin off.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't seem much weirder than most people's vine...

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By shinjin977

@draxyle said:

@lackingsaint said:

@shinjin977 said:

The first time I saw him speak was during the GDC Giantbomb livestream, and I couldn't understand why anyone would have such an active hatred of the guy. He's no EA, he's no Activision, he's a passionate indie dev who speaks without a filter. It's understandable that he would make enemies like that, but it's no reason to boycott or decry the dude at every opportunity.

I still love JP games, but even I had the social comprehension to recognize Phil's notorious statements as severe hyperbole. People who are taking everything he says at face value are completely misunderstanding the guy's personality.

His comment at that GDC was hurtful no doubt about that, especially to Goto-san and truthfully I was as livid as anyone being an aspiring developer of Japanese descent but that doesn't mean I want him to leave and stfu. If anything I wanted him here, in the front seat, when japan reign supreme again (there is just too much money in mobile right now I don't know if it will ever happen again). The death threats, insults and personal attacks were unneeded is what I am saying.