If Someone From Giant Bomb Staff Left, Would You Stick Around?

• 60 results
Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kill

Like a lot of people here, I came from Gamespot to Giant Bomb around the time that the core team fell apart for one reason or another. I loved the podcast/video content on Gamespot dearly, like I love Giant Bomb's content now. I think a lot of users here know how acutely the loss was felt when Jeff left (and the others) or they wouldn't be here.

Time is marching on and one day, Jeff, Ryan, Vinny or Brad will retire, quit, die or move on to something else. That's just a fact of life but Giant Bomb can't go down in the event of that happening.  It'll probably outlive all four of them.

I guess my question is this: will you stick with the site if anything happens to the staff? I don't know if I'd want to listen to a Bombcast without the original cast, but who knows.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mordukai
@Kill: This should have been a poll.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

Yeah, I would.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By dethfish

I might still be around but I won't be here as much. The 4 of them are a perfect team.

I don't know why any of them would quit though. They got a good thing going here.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Darkstar614

man it's weird to think about that kind of stuff. Thanks for ruining my day... just kidding.

I think for a lot of people when most of the GB staff is 'done', they will probably be 'done' too. Whether 'done' is not living, quitting, or moving on. 

Screw you next generation!

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Hitchenson

If the majority of them left then yeah, I'd leave. I'm only here for the staff content the forums just happen to be okay... at times.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'll stay, since this site still has a better interface than many of the other sites I've been to. GameSpot, GameTrailers, Cracked, etc.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

A member of the staff leaving wouldn't affect my GB attendance at all. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad guys, it's just that I generally don't pay attention to the bombcast and quick looks. Now if there were some sort of scandal that CAUSED them to leave, it would depend on the severity. 

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper

Actualy in 6 months Whiskey Media are replacing the original guys with "4 hot new faces that are going to bring the latest news to YOU!" to keep the site fresh and appealing to the 15 - 35 males that are the only people who play video games.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gizmo

If Rich Gallup replaced one of them I guess that would be fine by me. But otherwise no, I love all of them equally.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By choffy21

Yes. While the staff absolutely rocks, I'm here because of the fucking awesome community.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ververdan0226
@AgentJ said:
" A member of the staff leaving wouldn't affect my GB attendance at all. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad guys, it's just that I generally don't pay attention to the bombcast and quick looks. Now if there were some sort of scandal that CAUSED them to leave, it would depend on the severity.  "
What if it was a Jeff and Ryan sex scandal?? 

And do you really avoid the Bombcast and Quick Looks? That's like 50 or 60% of the content they put out...
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
@ververdan0226 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" A member of the staff leaving wouldn't affect my GB attendance at all. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad guys, it's just that I generally don't pay attention to the bombcast and quick looks. Now if there were some sort of scandal that CAUSED them to leave, it would depend on the severity.  "
What if it was a Jeff and Ryan sex scandal??  And do you really avoid the Bombcast and Quick Looks? That's like 50 or 60% of the content they put out... "
Yeah, see my GB time is spent on the forum and in the wiki. I don't even visit the front page most days.  
I was actually thinking a Brad and Vinny sex scandal
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ververdan0226
@AgentJ: Fuck, you're missing out on a lot dude... Get. On. That. Shit. 

So, what makes you think Brad and Vinny would have a sex scandal more than Jeff and Ryan?? This thread is going weird places...
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By beargirl1
@Dethfish77 said:
" I might still be around but I won't be here as much. The 4 of them are a perfect team. 
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By danielkempster

If a member of the GB staff left, I would leave too, and subsequently join the small community-driven website about video games they would inevitably set up :P 

On a serious note, no, I wouldn't leave. I'm very comfortable here on the Bomb. The users are friendly, the mods are reasonable, the content is of a good quality and the mechanics of the site continue to improve with every passing day. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
@ververdan0226 said:
" @AgentJ: Fuck, you're missing out on a lot dude... Get. On. That. Shit.  So, what makes you think Brad and Vinny would have a sex scandal more than Jeff and Ryan?? This thread is going weird places... "
Sorry, it's not my brand of humor. I understand everyone has their own tastes, so I can appreciate that most of the site enjoys them. Just not me. Its not like I avoid all of it. I'll check out bits if they interest me, but the staffs interests are generally different from my own so that is fairly rare. 
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ververdan0226
@Video_Game_King said:
" I'll stay, since this site still has a better interface than many of the other sites I've been to. GameSpot, GameTrailers, Cracked, etc. "
Agreed.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LiquidSwords

I'll keep visiting but I hate to think about it. One day there will be no more GB and it sucks to know that.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Elazul

Depends who leaves. Obviously if Jeff goes anywhere this site is dead to me.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead

Considering the staff are GiantBomb, if they left, there would be no GiantBomb.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Akeldama
@HandsomeDead said:
" Considering the staff are GiantBomb, if they left, there would be no GiantBomb. "
Donkeysraliens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Donkeysraliens
@Scooper said:
" Actualy in 6 months Whiskey Media are replacing the original guys with "4 hot new faces that are going to bring the latest news to YOU!" to keep the site fresh and appealing to the 15 - 35 males that are the only people who play video games. "
God Finally!! i think i speak for the majority of the afore mentioned demographic when i say that these changes cant happen sooner! i mean, dont get me wrong, i think the current four guys John, Ron, Ben and...that over guy are quaint and all but...i mean... there not hot new faces! and how am i supposed to listen to these guys about hard hitting topics like when that long awaited Alex Kid sequel is coming out when none of them are hot girls!!??  
StraightFoward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StraightFoward
@Kill:
Giant Bomb is greater than the sum of it's podcasters.
NeoUltima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NeoUltima

Maybe if they were all gone.

Zaerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zaerus

If Jeff & Vinny left i'd bail 2, they bring the awesome. 
Brad, Dave or Drew... dunno it'd suck but i'd stick around.
If Ryan left however i wouldn't even care. But that's just me.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By FireBurger

I'd stick around, so long as someone was still here. The site itself has a lot of cool stuff, but it's those four guys who give it all the personality.

And now I just realized that one day I'll be listening to my game reviews from 80 year old men. Grandpas talking about the fine mechanics of chainsaw guns. Sweet.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JoelTGM

Well all of them is the reason I come to this website, and if one of them left I would be really bummed about it, but I would obviously stay with giant bomb.  If a few of them left then I don't think the site would do so well.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By ajamafalous
@Akeldama said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" Considering the staff are GiantBomb, if they left, there would be no GiantBomb. "
"
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DanielJW

I'd do a ceremonial dance in front of my Giant Bomb shrine. Not unlike that man and his Neo Geo cartridges.

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hunkaburningluv

I suppose it's the same as the line up changes the 1UP yours/Listen UP! podcast has went through...... I stuck with them to this day, but with Garnett leaving, I don't think the podcast will ever be the same, but I'll still listen to it. 

The same goes for the Giantbombcast/ giantbomb.com, I'll still listen if the podcasts are good, when it becomes consistently shit (which I hope will never happen) I'll find somewhere else. As it stands right now, Giantbomb.com is one of the best content wise....

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32  Edited By Black_Rose

I'm here for the community aspects, if the community continues to go the way it's going (trolls, stupid topics, etc.) then I'll definitely leave. Though I like the guys, they wouldn't affect my decision.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By teptom

If just one of them left I'd probably stay, but if more left....I'd still stay as long as the community held up.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VWGTI
@Zaerus: 

What do you have against Ryan?

I'd be upset if Jeff and Vinny left. Those are two of the most entertaining guys around and the biggest reason why I come to this site.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By TheHBK

Hey Ryan Davis died a few weeks ago and I'm still here.  For me a big core of it is Jeff, his craziness, but if this place is kept alive and people keep traditions and the atmosphere going, then I will stay for a while.

Zaerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zaerus
@VWGTI: 
I can't stand how childish Ryan is & how he loves screwin with others but can't take it himself. Also how he's just bashing everything on tang in a sense that i feel like he's so narrowminded that he doesnt even get that different shades of taste exist. And that he needs to be on the foreground all the damn time, or atleast gives me the impression that he's an anoying attention seeker.

Dunno, he's just not my type of dude. I can get why others love his style, just not my cup of tea.
VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By VWGTI
@Zaerus: 

Right on, man. I get what you're saying. He's got an extremely short temper, especially with Brad.
FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FlipperDesert

Pfft, if Giant Bomb dies then Drew, Dave and Luchadeer will simply rise from the ashes with Giant Bomb 2 and their extensive Freespace 2 coverage.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By natetodamax

It's a little perverse to think about what would happen if a staffer died.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#40  Edited By rjayb89

If Vinny left, I wouldn't know what I would do.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Diamond

The 4 GB crew are basically the TMNT

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would feel different and i would feel pretty sad , but they would need all the support they could get so NO. Im gonna stick around to the very end, who knows when that will be o.0

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gabriel

Maybe I really get invested in the people more than the content of the site, take 1up for instance, now that Garnett and John have finally left I will probably browse that site less.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Branthog

It all depends. If enough people left in or around the same time and it no longer felt like "Giant Bomb", then I probably wouldn't spend much time here. If someone left to go do something else or got tired of doing game stuff or had a better offer or some people slowly rotated out while others rotated in, it would simply depend on the personality and quality of the people rotating in. This site is very much personality-driven, but that's not all it is and that doesn't mean that it forever must be these specific personalities.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shadow

Depends on who and why.  If Jeff fired himself for a lackluster review of ODST despite the game ads plastered all over the site, I don't think I'd stick around long.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zeforgotten

I would stick around. 
We're talking ALL of them right? Not just Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Vinny? Right? 
The others too, right? .. Luchadeer? :(

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By penguindust

I'll be here as long as at least one of the crew (Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brad & Dave) are around.  When the final dude packs it in and moves on, I'll probably go, too.  But, who's to say that I won't go before then, really?  I can't tell the future and something might occur in my life which causes me to give up GB.  I have no such plans, but life is what happens while you are making other plans.  But, as it stands today, I'd need all 5 guys, unless there is a stellar replacement, to move on before I leave. 

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hockeymask27

The very idea makes me uneasy. However I think I would stay this site is like a drug.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It would be a huge hit to lose even one of those guys but yeah, I'd stick around.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#50  Edited By JackiJinx

Unless I was dissatisfied with the state of affairs the site'd be in, no. The reason I left GameSpot was due to a great loss of integrity and talent on the site's behalf. If something like that would happen to this site (and I highly doubt it), then I'd leave, but I hardly think Jeff will be fired by himself.