I'm cheap, so what? Is it a bad thing?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

I’m interested in both LostWinds games, but here’s why I won’t be getting them.

Klonoa Wii Screen
 Klonoa Wii Screen

I’ve seen great feedback and not so great feedback on both games. Many complain that both games are short, but are great in ideas and the control scheme is something fresh and new. Here’s the thing, why buy these games for $10 each when I know that both games are short in length? The first LostWinds estimate of time completing the game is around 3 hours, and LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias estimate of time of completing the game is around 4-6 hours.

I’ve rented and played Klonoa Wii, as some still may call it Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, and it was a wonderful game. The problem was that I heard that it was too short and they were right because I pretty much beat the game within about 7-8 hours the first time around, and for me it was hard to come back to because it seemed too simple when I played it a second time around, which was being able to play each level backwards. That is why it can mean no more than an excellent rental $6 to me, because $30 is too high for this game. I don’t recommend on anyone buying Klonoa Wii, but if anyone has purchased the game, then it’s ok because we all like different things. I guess that I a little thrifty and focused on the hours I can be focused to play a game. I want good value and gameplay for my money.

LostWinds
 LostWinds

Now back to what I was talking about on LostWinds. I like everything about the game down to the graphics, the control scheme, music, and such like what I have had with Klonoa Wii; however, it’s going to turn out to be a similar experience to me when I played Klonoa Wii. I don’t want to get LostWinds or LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias because it seems to me that even for $10 the price is absurd. I have a prediction on what might happen with LostWinds. I feel like one is really like paying $10 for one level in the LostWinds franchise. If they so happen to combine these games, LostWinds acting as the first chapter or level and LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias acting as the second chapter or level in the franchise, then it would be something to consider.

Let’s say like they came out with 8 different games concerning the LostWinds franchise, and the 8game would be the final game to end the LostWinds story, then lower the price of what one normally play for 8 games to the price on what one would pay for 5 games, then it would definitely be worth buying to me. In other words, those eight games (in my opinion 8 chapters) that would cost a regular $80 if one would buy the games separately, but if all 8 games bought together to form one game that would cost around $50 instead of $80 would be reasonable.

LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias

I think that LostWinds for WiiWare has a lot of potential, but to really impress me into buying the games, Frontier is going to have to lower the price if they ever want to get my interest in buying their game.

These things that I have mentioned may indeed may never happen, but just know that I will not be getting LostWinds anytime soon. I probably won’t get the two LostWinds at all if they remain at $10. Whatever the case, I’m saying that LostWinds looks like a great game and probably is a great game, but it’s not a game for me to consider because it’s flaw of being short for the money, at least right now. (You can tell I want the price to change.)

Well I’m done with my nerdy ways for now, so see you all later. : - P

- Ty

Also, why and how on earth did I write this? I'M NUTS!! lol. I don't even know if this whole thing makes any sense! It's on my mind I guess to get it all out!!! X - D

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

I’m interested in both LostWinds games, but here’s why I won’t be getting them.

Klonoa Wii Screen
 Klonoa Wii Screen

I’ve seen great feedback and not so great feedback on both games. Many complain that both games are short, but are great in ideas and the control scheme is something fresh and new. Here’s the thing, why buy these games for $10 each when I know that both games are short in length? The first LostWinds estimate of time completing the game is around 3 hours, and LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias estimate of time of completing the game is around 4-6 hours.

I’ve rented and played Klonoa Wii, as some still may call it Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, and it was a wonderful game. The problem was that I heard that it was too short and they were right because I pretty much beat the game within about 7-8 hours the first time around, and for me it was hard to come back to because it seemed too simple when I played it a second time around, which was being able to play each level backwards. That is why it can mean no more than an excellent rental $6 to me, because $30 is too high for this game. I don’t recommend on anyone buying Klonoa Wii, but if anyone has purchased the game, then it’s ok because we all like different things. I guess that I a little thrifty and focused on the hours I can be focused to play a game. I want good value and gameplay for my money.

LostWinds
 LostWinds

Now back to what I was talking about on LostWinds. I like everything about the game down to the graphics, the control scheme, music, and such like what I have had with Klonoa Wii; however, it’s going to turn out to be a similar experience to me when I played Klonoa Wii. I don’t want to get LostWinds or LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias because it seems to me that even for $10 the price is absurd. I have a prediction on what might happen with LostWinds. I feel like one is really like paying $10 for one level in the LostWinds franchise. If they so happen to combine these games, LostWinds acting as the first chapter or level and LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias acting as the second chapter or level in the franchise, then it would be something to consider.

Let’s say like they came out with 8 different games concerning the LostWinds franchise, and the 8game would be the final game to end the LostWinds story, then lower the price of what one normally play for 8 games to the price on what one would pay for 5 games, then it would definitely be worth buying to me. In other words, those eight games (in my opinion 8 chapters) that would cost a regular $80 if one would buy the games separately, but if all 8 games bought together to form one game that would cost around $50 instead of $80 would be reasonable.

I think that LostWinds for WiiWare has a lot of potential, but to really impress me into buying the games, Frontier is going to have to lower the price if they ever want to get my interest in buying their game.

These things that I have mentioned may indeed may never happen, but just know that I will not be getting LostWinds anytime soon. I probably won’t get the two LostWinds at all if they remain at $10. Whatever the case, I’m saying that LostWinds looks like a great game and probably is a great game, but it’s not a game for me to consider because it’s flaw of being short for the money, at least right now. (You can tell I want the price to change.)

Well I’m done with my nerdy ways for now, so see you all later. : - P

- Ty

Also, why and how on earth did I write this? I'M NUTS!! lol. I don't even know if this whole thing makes any sense! It's on my mind I guess to get it all out!!! X - D

Pavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pavera

Nothing wrong here. I hate how high prices for games are. Cheap is an ugly word, you're just price-savvy.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

You're not cheap, just smart!

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

$20 for a 7-9 hour experience if fine to me. I sometimes enjoy those shorter games anyway. But hey, if you find that the $20 you save on those two awesome games is good because you can put it towards something that's much longer, then go ahead. To each his own.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ZeroCast

Lost Winds is totally worth those 10 bucks Ti, and what if the game is only 3 Chapters, would you still buy it then?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho

Cheap people are what's stalling economic recovery. If everyone's hoarding their money, none of its being circulated and every loses money. 
Also, by your logic, if a normally priced game is under 18 hours long its not worth your money. Most games are under 18 hours long.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK

Cheapness is bad, you can't have fun with somebody who is cheap

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

I'm cheap too! You're my new friend :D 
Well ok, maybe not cheap since I always spent money when there's something I want. 
I'm mostly cheap when it comes to other people and my money

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By damnboyadvance

Well, being cheap isn't exactly a GOOD thing. It really depends on what you're spending your money on.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tireyo
@ZeroCast: If the price is lessened, then I'll consider it. Maybe everyone affiliated with Nintendo will have a Christmas Sale. : - P lol.

@ZeForgotten:
Well, a better way to put it, we are Price Savvy like Pavera said! : - P 

@ryanwho:
Wow, you even figured out the math!!! Nah, for a regular priced game I could tolerate a 13 hour game, but it must be good, epic, and possibly re-playable if you know what I'm saying. It'll have to catch my utmost interest in other words.

@crunchUK:
Yeah you can! : - P Have you killed anyone virtually today?
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MetalGearSunny

You're not nuts! I agree with you.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tireyo
@Metal_Gear_Sunny: : - P Thanks! I think...............

lol. : - D
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By zeforgotten
@Tireyo643: Fuck you :P I'm Cheap and proud of it..  
No reason to wrap it up and put a fruity little bow on it :P
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tireyo
@ZeForgotten: XD I like you too. You crack me up! Well, we cheap.

Takes a fruity little bow. 

Thank you. Thank you. A ba dee, a ba dee, that's all folks!!! : - D
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

I bought LostWinds because it seemed different and I wanted to buy a WiiWare game at the time. I really enjoyed the experience. I finished it in 4 1/2 hours. I plan on playing it again to get ready for Winter of the Melodias. I can see your point and also think the game could come out on a disk one day when the chapters are complete. I thought it was well worth the price but again, buying something digitally for $10/US for a 4 hour adventure could be a little steep for some.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#16  Edited By AgentJ

Considering some full price games last about twice as long for 6 times the price, I don't think its a big issue. I won't be buying the game just because I didn't like the first one enough to warrant buying a sequel.  

Edit: Not to mention I'm spending more money on VC in hopes that more games will be released on it

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Siphillis

Admittedly, I don't have much of an affinity for games, so I guess I'm cheap in that regard.  I prefer a good book, or a movie, over most games anyway.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tireyo
@AgentJ: I love the Virtual Console, and I think you already know that I prefer the Virtual Console over WiiWare. I've spent more money on VC titles myself. : - P I just love the classic games of yesteryear. I'm just a little disappointed in Nintendo though for releasing only one VC title a week, and 2 WiiWare titles a week. I wish that it was the other way around, if you know what I mean. Have you noticed that ONLY 1 VC title is releasing each week? - Don't mean to stray off the subject.

Anyway.............Also, I haven't played either game in the LostWinds franchise, I just heard about them, I just played Klonoa Wii.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By AgentJ
@Tireyo643 said:
" @AgentJ: I love the Virtual Console, and I think you already know that I prefer the Virtual Console over WiiWare. I've spent more money on VC titles myself. : - P I just love the classic games of yesteryear. I'm just a little disappointed in Nintendo though for releasing only one VC title a week, and 2 WiiWare titles a week. I wish that it was the other way around, if you know what I mean. Have you noticed that ONLY 1 VC title is releasing each week? - Don't mean to stray off the subject. Anyway.............Also, I haven't played either game in the LostWinds franchise, I just heard about them, I just played Klonoa Wii. "
Huh, I wondered why you were comparing them to Klonoa. They really don't have that much in common.The way your character gets around in Lost Winds is very unique. 
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about the current VC release schedule, as well as the relative quality of the releases. I know they need to spread the good stuff around, but they need to do more with the VC
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ninjakiller

Just don't be a cheapass when it comes to friends/girlfriends.  Nobody likes a dick who won't buy a round when it's his turn, and a woman never puts out for cheap bastards.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tireyo
@ninjakiller: I always treat my friends better than I really treat myself. : - P So, I'm not cheap when it comes to giving things to friends, just myself.

@AgentJ:
I compared Klonoa Wii and LostWinds because the two things that they both have in common is that they have an interesting control scheme, they are both very short, yet they have a quality about them that attracts gamers to play the game but disappoints them in the end. Disappointment as in leaving gamers to want more.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that feels that way about the VC right now. I 100 percent agree that they need to do more with the VC. We'll just hope for now that they will do something in the future.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

The answer to your questions: Yes, yes you are & Yes.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Linkyshinks

The second game is well worth anyone's money.  

I bought Klonoa Wii for less than half price two days ago. I waited knowing at full price it was never going to be worth it for a game I had completed on PS1.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By luce

i guess i don't really mind short games as long as they have great replay value (secret levels, unlockable costumes/characters, harder difficulty) 

if games have replay value, i end up playing the game way beyond one run through and it ends up becoming a longer game for me 

i thought klonoa ( one of my favorite games back when i had a wii) had the perfect length and value for a $30 game in my humble opinion

yes you are nutz..but aren't we all?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tireyo
@luce: : - P Yep, we all got quirks.

@Linkyshinks:
That is awesome that it went half price! It's about time too. I wonder if they put Pikmin for Wii at half price yet.

@Lind_L_Taylor:
I'm not cheap when it comes to things I give to people, but when It comes to myself, I'm cheap. Lol.