I'm tired of this sh*t; I'm getting a used PS2.

• 105 results
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By papuccino1

I bought a 360, red ring of death not a week before Mass Effect 2 came out. Screw it.

I bought a PS3 thinking naw, this thing isn't going to hinder my gameplay. But them some DRM crap requires me to connect online to play games. Not all of us have broadband you retards, just let me play my frikking console. I paid money for it, stop raping me.

I bought a Wii ( for my brother granted) and all the games that come out are some cutsey wootsey cooking/animal/samurai crap. What happened to platforming goodness? The only game that really caught my eye on the Wii is Crash of The Titans, but maybe that's just nostalgia kicking in.

So screw it.

I'm buying a used PS2 from TuMomo.com and playing some good games without sh*t getting in the way. I just want something simple, put in a disc, play the game, turn it off. Not this achievement-whoring, social-filandering, crap fest that's currently everywhere.

I just had to vent and I can't wait to buy all of the Ratchet and Clank games and forget about the current gen of crap that's out there.
Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Uhmmm. There is only one game with DRM on the PS3, and its a downloadable game only. And it you only find that on the Wii, man you have not even looked beyond your nose. 
AS for the RROD. Happened to me, so I cant say much against that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You made my 360 cry.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

No Caption Provided
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Willy105

You seem to get frustrated easily, so the last console I would recommend you getting is the PS2.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

Just out of curiosity, which PS3 game required you to connect?
I have not went online with my PS3 since I bought it.

As for achievement and social stuff, you don't have to use it at all if you don't want to.
I know I don't.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By papuccino1

I don't get frustrated easily. In fact I've been very patient, even getting my 360 fixed the first time it croaked. But now I see that the PS3 requires updates nearly constantly that takes away features from the console and without said patches you can't play games offline. This is bullshit. In fact, I don't understand why people aren't pissed off at this. :P

What happened to just putting in the disc, playing the game and done. No login to session, select profile, play the game, oooohhhh trophies and other random things.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Willy105
@papuccino1 said:
" I don't get frustrated easily. In fact I've been very patient, even getting my 360 fixed the first time it croaked. But now I see that the PS3 requires updates nearly constantly that takes away features from the console and without said patches you can't play games offline. This is bullshit. In fact, I don't understand why people aren't pissed off at this. :P

What happened to just putting in the disc, playing the game and done. No login to session, select profile, play the game, oooohhhh trophies and other random things. "
Get into handheld gaming then. It's simple, satisfying, and the ability for more freedom in playing games. The DS is good enough to be a handheld exclusive gamer.
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By papuccino1

Been playing on my iPhone, Hook Champ and Zenonia. Both great games but I really miss some platforming goodness. Ratchet and Clank, Jak & Daxter, etc.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By themartyr
@papuccino1 said:
"  Both great games but I really miss some platforming goodness. Ratchet and Clank, Jak & Daxter, etc. "
Times have really moved on from when platforming goodness was Sonic and Mario.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC is the way.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ThePencil

360 Died? No broadband connection? Tired of crappy Wii games?

Saving ur Gamings and Yu-Gi-Ohs since 1998
 Saving ur Gamings and Yu-Gi-Ohs since 1998
And I have to agree somewhat with you. Theres just so much extra useless junk now on consoles. The PS2 is fantastic for just popping a game in and enjoying. It's a gaming console, does what it says on the tin. Current gen consoles are more like PCs, but thats not neccesrily a bad thing IMO.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By penguindust

Wait a minute, you have a 360, a PS3 and a Wii and yet you still complain?  I would think that among all those consoles you could find something to play.  Well, the PS2 is a great system and its games are still super-fun, but I think you are overreacting a bit.  

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By papuccino1

Well, I paid for 'em so I think I have the right to complain, don't you?

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By skrutop

So many good games for the PS2.  I should pull mine out of storage.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Manatassi
@papuccino1 said:
" Well, I paid for 'em so I think I have the right to complain, don't you? "
Wait a min...  You bought all 3 current gen consoles.  

But you cant afford even a 2meg old broadband connection? 

Hmmmmm...   Something don't add up there.
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By papuccino1

Sell it to me! :D

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@Manatassi said:
" @papuccino1 said:
Wait a min...  You bought all 3 current gen consoles.   But you cant afford even a 2meg old broadband connection?  Hmmmmm...   Something don't add up there. "
I was thinking the EXACT same thing.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Fallen189

This is fucking stupid.

"What happened to putting in a disc and playing?"

Nothing. I put MGS4 in my PS3, and it plays. I put Mass Effect 2 in my 360, press A and it plays. I put Galaxy in my wii, click a button, and play.

You're overcomplicating for the fact that you don't have the patience to understand how modern technology works.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Demyx
@Manatassi said:
" @papuccino1 said:
Wait a min...  You bought all 3 current gen consoles.   But you cant afford even a 2meg old broadband connection?  Hmmmmm...   Something don't add up there. "
maybe its not available where he lives? It does seem weird though.... I understand your complaints. The PS2 offers some good games. I have almost all the R&C games except Deadlocked.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pazy
@Manatassi said:
" @papuccino1 said:

Having money doesn't always mean you can get it, I know my line is rated (at the best of times) as a 1mb line and the ISP (which I didnt get to choose since I live with my family) has a habit of restricting my speed all the time without telling us. The updates on 360 are fine (I believe they are limited to 4mb or something) but when a PS3 game wants me to update at 300mb or more I tend to not update since it would mean I would have to leave my PS3 on (and not use it) for hours. Even the PS3 System Updates take way too long, I only update when I have to (which tends to only be when im accessing the PSN store which isnt very often).

Though in regards to the idea that Wii only has kiddy/waggy games I would say thats wrong, its true that its the vast majority but there are a lot of fun games on Wii. There are definitely more games that "We" (as a collective) would enjoy on PC/PS3/360 but there are game to enjoy on Wii if you look harder than what your local game store offers. I believe there is "Definitive" list of quality Wii games around here somewhere.

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Korne
@Clinkz said:
" @zudthespud said:
" PC is the way. "
Yeah dude if hes sick of freezing and loading that will totally alleviate his problems. "
lol
Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Clinkz
@Korne said:

" @Clinkz said:

" @zudthespud said:
" PC is the way. "
Yeah dude if hes sick of freezing and loading that will totally alleviate his problems. "
lol "
Eh, I deleted it because I didn't think there was much substance in the post but if PC fanboys are going to post, I guess I'll oblige with a post of equal intelligence.

EDIT: Glad I got a laugh though.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You could just get mass effect 2 on the pc, that's an option if you have the money. Ps2 is really old and the graphics are lousy.  

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By zidd
@Tennmuerti said:
" Just out of curiosity, which PS3 game required you to connect? I have not went online with my PS3 since I bought it.  As for achievement and social stuff, you don't have to use it at all if you don't want to.I know I don't. "
Final Fight: Double Impact requires you to be signed into PSN when you play it.
Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Clinkz
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

You could just get mass effect 2 on the pc, that's an option if you have the money. Ps2 is really old and the graphics are lousy.

"
Are you done with ps2 games forever because the graphics are lousy? I know you love FFX man you can't say that to it!
Corpulate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Corpulate

Yeah to be honest if you can go to Tumomo.com and order a system there must be an online infrastructure somewhere and hey get this how about you go online and order your broadband set up considering your ordering things online anyway, and beyond that you honestly shouldn't complain you can however consider yourself fortunate for being able to afford what seems to be and iphone/ipod touch a PS3, XBOX, and Wii, try looking at it from that point of view because right now you sound a lil childish

lutonhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lutonhatter
@papuccino1 said:
"But now I see that the PS3 requires updates nearly constantly that takes away features from the console and without said patches you can't play games offline. This is  bullshit. In fact, I don't understand why people aren't pissed off at this. :P

That isn't right at all. The only update that stops you doing anything, is the one that removes the Other OS option. And if you don't install it the only thing you can't do is connect to PSN to play online.

I do get where you are coming from. I still don't understand why people were buying 360 after 360, when particularly with the early models you knew were going to get a RROD at some point.
Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
@zudthespud said:
" PC is the way. "
Only is you're a swash buckler. Otherwise that DRM is gonna creep up on ya, arr.
frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By frankfartmouth

Wow, you're one disgruntled gamer. There really aren't any hurdles so high here that they've rendered your roughly $900 worth of consoles worthless. If you're looking for platforming on the Wii, why don't you start with Super Mario Galaxy? That was a good one. Yes, there's a lot of crap out for the Wii. Just don't play the crap. There are quite a few good games for it too. And  if it was for your brother, then why are so concerned about it anyway? Does he like it? As far as the 360, the RROD problem is pretty frustrating. You're not the only one. Send it back. They'll send you a new one, or a refurbished one or whatever. I had one friend who sent his back, and MS inadvertently sent him back 2 360s. No shit.! Bank error in your favor I guess! You might even end up ahead.  OK, probably not, but you get the idea. Go on and get your PS2. Personally, I think every gamer should have one. One of the best game libraries ever. But take a breath and relax. The current gen is just fine. You're forgetting that there were problems back in the day, too--shitty cartridge contacts, cheap disc doors. Hell, the original PS1 had a horrible overheating problem. Lots had to be replaced.

tyxja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tyxja

Guys, I'm gonna play the part of ignorance here so this thread can die down.

Guy without girlfriend is angry. Needs place to vent. Complains about video games on GB. The end.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By armaan8014
@Clinkz said:
" @Korne said:

" @Clinkz said:

" @zudthespud said:
" PC is the way. "
lol "
Eh, I deleted it because I didn't think there was much substance in the post but if PC fanboys are going to post, I guess I'll oblige with a post of equal intelligence.  EDIT: Glad I got a laugh though. "
I love the PC, but that was funny :D
monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By monetarydread

1.  360 broke? Well, that's why they have a 3 year warranty. Mine broke and within the week I had a new one from Microsoft.
2.  PS3 needs updates and you don't have broadband? If a game needs the system update then it installs it off of the disk. My PS3 isn't hooked up to the internet and Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time updated and worked perfectly.
3.  Kiddie games on a Nintendo console? What? You mean you purchased a Nintendo console thinking you were going to find adult games? I think we should hand out a Darwin award.   
4. If you think that a PS2 is going to be less frustrating, you better stock up on systems. The laser is garbage on those puppies and in 5 years I went through four of em.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By papuccino1
@tylerjacob said:
" Guys, I'm gonna play the part of ignorance here so this thread can die down. Guy without girlfriend is angry. Needs place to vent. Complains about video games on GB. The end. "
 Not really kid. In fact I have a wife, a kid (one on the way as well), two jobs and some time for myself after 11pm every night. I think I've brought up some valid point, but I've also completely forgot to mention an important issue: I live in Bolivia. My internet speed is 13kbps download. 

I'm looking into getting a PS2 because the games are much much cheaper for the PS2 than a 360, but also the games are much more easy to use and don't require bullshit from me to play 'em. :D

BTW, just got back from Iron Man 2 from the movies. Great film!
ArrrCee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ArrrCee

I'm pretty sure the majority of the games you buy can be lpayed with the console not even connected. 

Now if you're mad about the fact that there are no platformers, I agree, where the hell did they all go? There saturdated the last generation and now they are extinct. 

Even so, there are some really good games to be played on all the systems. Just look a little harder, or even if you want some suggestions, just ask us.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By Snail

You can play PS2 games on a 60 Gig PS3, so I advise getting one of those since you're getting a second hand console.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By SBYM

I wish I could afford to buy a used game for any of my consoles, let alone have all of the current-gen joints. D:

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jimbo

Take up PC gaming, you'll love it.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By papuccino1
@SBYM said:
" I wish I could afford to buy a used game for any of my consoles, let alone have all of the current-gen joints. D: "
They are a bit over rated. Or maybe I was just spoiled with the PS2/Nintendo 64 era of 'you get what you pay for': No bullshit, does what it says it'll do without no extra crap. Ah the good ole days.

What games should I get for PS2. Automatically I'm buying the very first Ratchet and Clank and Final Fantasy X.
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Romination

uum, there's WAY fucking more for the Wii than those games. You're just generalizing because you probably don't have the patience to look for actual games. Didn't Monster Hunter Tri just come out? What about Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? No More Heroes 2? There's Mario Galaxy, AKA a platformer, AKA a damn good one that can keep you occupied for a fairly long time.

Don't buy Crash of the Titans if you like good games.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ryanwho

Yeah I've basically been playing backlogged PS2 slim games almost exclusively since moving in with my new roommate (who has a PS2 slim). Really if my original PS2 didn't stop working I doubt I would even now being playing current gen games.

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DavidSnakes
@Fallen189 said:
" This is fucking stupid.  "What happened to putting in a disc and playing?"  Nothing. I put MGS4 in my PS3, and it plays. I put Mass Effect 2 in my 360, press A and it plays. I put Galaxy in my wii, click a button, and play.  You're overcomplicating for the fact that you don't have the patience to understand how modern technology works. "

Hilarious, and totally true.  Dude, you act like a 60 year old complaining about new fangled technology or some shit.  Give me a break, and don't complain when you get disc read errors on that PS2
Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Burns098356GX

The game companies apologize for wanting to not live in the year 1998 like you.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ryanwho
@Burns098356GX said:

" The game companies apologize for wanting to not live in the year 1998 like you. "

PS2 came out in 2000. Sweet troll, bro.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By Fallen189
@ryanwho said:
" @Burns098356GX said:

" The game companies apologize for wanting to not live in the year 1998 like you. "

PS2 came out in 2000. Sweet troll, bro. "
Phenomenal counter argument.
Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sunspots

I had my 360 for nearly three years before it finally went the way of the ghost. Once that happened, I cancelled my live account, traded in all of the games I accumulated, all the accessories I had and obtained enough store credit to buy a ps3 slim and a game. I now have enjoy the great games known as infamous, Demons Souls, and 3D Dot Heroes. I have not regreted my decision at all. 

DRM exists in only one ps3 game that I know of, pretty sure its a digital download, the Wii has many great core gamer titles, maybe you should read Giantbomb more often, and as far as the 360 goes, it is a great system with a fuk ton of good games, my decision to buy a different console had more to do with the desire to experience a new system than anything else.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By papuccino1
@Burns098356GX: My major gripe isn't the added features. It's that providing things that work well is put in the backburner. Appareantly somewhere along the line, people just accepted that there is a certain chance your console will not work as intended. In that sense, the new consoles pale in comparison to the older ones.
Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dysnomia

psssssst. You can say shit on GB.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By Cube

Nobody is "raping" you. Stop being overly dramatic. 

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By papuccino1
@Dysnomia said:
" psssssst. You can say shit on GB. "
Good to know. :D