Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Riddler

The game always looked amazing.

People bitched for the sake of bitching. If they made banjo1-2 in HD they wouldve bitched, "its the same", now that they are adding tons of new features now its, "they shouldnt change".
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zitosilva

I'm not really. I think it'll be pretty fun, though completely different than the previous entries.

But I loved both Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, so I'm a little biased.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ you know, i dont think its going to be completely different.  While in reality the actual core moves are al different, the feel is still there and really, B-K has always been more about exploration and figuring stuff out.  In raw platforming SM64 was better, but B-K was a much better game imo

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm mixed on it now as I always assumed it would be as platformy as ever but with a new focus on vehicles but with Brad saying that it pretty much punishes you for trying to play it like a platformer, i'm unsure as to how much of this game will really be as free form as it originally looked and now it seems more like some Diddy Kong Racing spin-off.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Rare honestly excels when they do childlike graphics.   Jet Force Gemini, Viva Pinata, and Banjo prove that.  All three of these stand the test of time.

Meanwhile, GoldenEye and Perfect Dark haven't aged well at ALL.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Karmum

I thought it was okay, to be honest. I'm going to give it a rental at best, and I do hope I enjoy it.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler said:
"The game always looked amazing.
People bitched for the sake of bitching. If they made banjo1-2 in HD they wouldve bitched, "its the same", now that they are adding tons of new features now its, "they shouldnt change".
"
Wow, I agree with Riddler....

I loved the originals, and this makes me so much more excited. I can't wait to get first game when I pre-order. Now it's just a waiting game. I have to wait for Game Crazy to tell me that if I pre-order it, I get the code. I haven't checked other places but it doesn't seem like other stores are giving out codes yet either. Of course it's not out on XBLA yet so it's not surprising. But I won't pre-order it until this offer is actually there.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Willy105

I'm not.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DARKIDO07
HandsomeDead said:
"I'm mixed on it now as I always assumed it would be as platformy as ever but with a new focus on vehicles but with Brad saying that it pretty much punishes you for trying to play it like a platformer, i'm unsure as to how much of this game will really be as free form as it originally looked and now it seems more like some Diddy Kong Racing spin-off."
Correction, it punishes you for playing it like a traditional platformer, this isn't your average platformer. I can't wait for this game.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kush

I've never doubted this game and the video preview has just made me want it more...like you said, $40 and a free code for the first game on XBLA two weeks earlier than everyone else. That is a fantastic deal!

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I like the style and ideas it brings. I'm really excited. It seems like it's as big as anything coming out this month. Vehicle creation looks easy, and that's the best part. The pre-order is just so great.

The price is too good not to get it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

for the record, i never doubted the game, i just thought it was strange with the vehicle stance.  once they told about creation i knew itd be awesome

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

"No" says the guy with the Banjo-Kazooie avatar.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have been awaiting this game for a long time now.  I already preordered it and at $40 with the original for free on XBLA, what more can you ask for?  I am sure it will be one of the better exclusive 360 titles this year.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Fosssil

The only thing that I'm concerned about is the length of the game. A $40 price, to me, implies that there isn't much substance or longevity, and with Brad mentioning something in his preview about new game-worlds being pretty quick to unlock, I'm afraid that the game will be over much too soon. It looks like a really fun game, and I don't mind the direction they went with it (despite being a diehard fan of the first two games), but I really don't want the experience to be fleeting.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I dont see how anybody could hate on this game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
TheGTAvaccine said:
"I dont see how anybody could hate on this game."
All the same reasons people pre-emptively hate on Wii games?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
jakob187 said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"I dont see how anybody could hate on this game."
All the same reasons people pre-emptively hate on Wii games?"
no, not at all.  people dont pre-emptivly hate on wii game, it's just Monster Lab looks like a piece of crap.   Same crap I've played on the Ps1.

People disliked this because it was stepping away from the franchise. 
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Fosssil said:
"The only thing that I'm concerned about is the length of the game. A $40 price, to me, implies that there isn't much substance or longevity, and with Brad mentioning something in his preview about new game-worlds being pretty quick to unlock, I'm afraid that the game will be over much too soon. It looks like a really fun game, and I don't mind the direction they went with it (despite being a diehard fan of the first two games), but I really don't want the experience to be fleeting."
thats how Banjo 1/2 were.  You could go to the next world without doing too much of the first.  But in the end to beat the game you really needed to do everything.  Quite often youd have to skip a part because you didnt have a particular move set. 
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fosssil
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Fosssil said:
"The only thing that I'm concerned about is the length of the game. A $40 price, to me, implies that there isn't much substance or longevity, and with Brad mentioning something in his preview about new game-worlds being pretty quick to unlock, I'm afraid that the game will be over much too soon. It looks like a really fun game, and I don't mind the direction they went with it (despite being a diehard fan of the first two games), but I really don't want the experience to be fleeting."
thats how Banjo 1/2 were.  You could go to the next world without doing too much of the first.  But in the end to beat the game you really needed to do everything.  Quite often youd have to skip a part because you didnt have a particular move set. 
"
That's a fair point -- hopefully it's the case with this game, too.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK

well it won't be incredible-near-perfect like the first one but it will mak a change form guns at least. although i want banjo kazooie/tooie of XBLA more

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Clean

I think its gonna suck. I wanna a real adventure and i'm not into vechiles 24/7, it just feels wrong.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Ma7moud

I have never doubted that Banjo 3 will be great.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Yes, I doubt the games success. I play tested the game about 2 months ago and the game is garbage. It's one part easy crappy 3D performer and one part gummy ship maker from Kingdom Hearts 1.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RedSox8933

i really like the idea, but i think that it will eventually get old. make a vehicle, put some wings on it, it flys. cool the first time, but when does the fun end.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Relys

I don't know. I hated the first two, so maybe this is a good thing for me.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By whyzenheimer

My roommate, who owns a 360 but knows dick-squat about games, saw me watching the preview and left to preorder it.

It will have inside jokes for people who like Banjo, but this game isn't built around Banjo fans.  If it was, it would sell even worse than it's going to.  And no matter how good it is, it isn't going to sell well.  Microsoft doesn't seem to know how to promote anything but Halo, which requires very little promotion to sell.

I guess they're spending all their duckets in Japan right now, but they need to pick up the media market here in the US if they want to keep up that margin they've gained.  With a proper campaign, this game could compete with LittleBigPlanet's spotlight, but they aren't even trying.  I wonder if they have completely lost faith in Rare.

For the record, I could care less about "console wars", I just hate to see potentially awesome games completely ignored because they aren't advertised properly.  Or at all.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uberpwner93

I doubt it will be anything like the original, but I'll probably pick this one up.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
MisoRonery said:
"My roommate, who owns a 360 but knows dick-squat about games, saw me watching the preview and left to preorder it.

It will have inside jokes for people who like Banjo, but this game isn't built around Banjo fans.  If it was, it would sell even worse than it's going to.  And no matter how good it is, it isn't going to sell well.  Microsoft doesn't seem to know how to promote anything but Halo, which requires very little promotion to sell.

I guess they're spending all their duckets in Japan right now, but they need to pick up the media market here in the US if they want to keep up that margin they've gained.  With a proper campaign, this game could compete with LittleBigPlanet's spotlight, but they aren't even trying.  I wonder if they have completely lost faith in Rare.

For the record, I could care less about "console wars", I just hate to see potentially awesome games completely ignored because they aren't advertised properly.  Or at all."
Err.. you do understand that VIva pinata and PDZ both sold over a million?
MS promotes the crap out of just about everything.

Remember all those Lost Odyssey ads?  Lost Planet?  Dead Rising? Gears?  VP? etc.
shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By shotaro
SmugDarkLoser said:
Err.. you do understand that VIva pinata and PDZ both sold over a million?
MS promotes the crap out of just about everything.

Remember all those Lost Odyssey ads?  Lost Planet?  Dead Rising? Gears?  VP? etc."
they are still advertising lost odyssey in some places

Banjo looks fun - about time Rare produced a truly great game (VP was just not my thing)
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Demyx

I would get a 360 just to play this.
Well this and other games obviously.

It looks great.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kush

I am really looking forward to playing the original Banjo as well. *Never owned a N64*