Avatar image for feelthefunkness
FeelTheFunkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FeelTheFunkness

I have had an Xbox 360 for about three years now, and have had no real problems with it (Apart from the occasional red ring) and have had a moderate level of satisfaction from the Xbox's exclusive titles. But now my eyes are looking towards a Ps3, and I have been having a long running debate with myself over if it's worth it in 2010. I am much more interested in the exclusives on the Ps3 than on the 360, so would it be worth it to own both? (I will still probably keep the Xbox for games like Mass Effect, Fable and Halo)

Thanks for the input internet.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

Yes

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fwylo

I have both. 

Get Both.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I realised last year that a PS3 was worthwhile. Lots of really great exclusives coming out, can't really go wrong.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lawrens

Look at a list of exclusives and count how many games you want to play on that list. If you already have a 360 you probably already played half of the great games out this generation, so it really the matter on how much you're interested in the Sony exclusives.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Djeffers03

Yes

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mosdl

Its also bluray player so if you have an HD tv its an added benefit.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AnimalFather

i havent seen a game on the ps3 to warrant a buy yet. maybe when the last guardian is released and gets mad reviews i will get one.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ch3burashka

It was worth gettting in 2009.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By gingertastic_10

YESSS!!!
ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By ki11tank

was worth it nearly 2 years ago now, i just bought a new slim a few days ago myself, my old fatty was getting loud as a mofo... yes it was clean, yes i put new thermal paste on.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Burns098356GX

I recently sold my ps3 after about a year and a half of owning it. I just wasn't using it. I wasn't interested in any of the exclusives, I tried MGS, SOCOM, LBP, Killzone and just didn't care. 
Now that I can stream HD video from my PC to my xbox, I simply had 0 use for the PS3.  The only game I was looking forward to was GT5 and Im tired of it being pushed back, although it does look amazing, it didn't warrant my keeping the console for it. Plus I sold the console for $50 less than what you can buy a 120GB slim for now, so i couldn't refuse.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Sin4profit

I don't own a PS3 yet but this year's the first year that i've considered getting one.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'd say it depends on how much time you have to play games. I put off buying a PS3 for a long time only because I already had more than enough games to fill my gaming hours with just the 360. I eventually cracked and picked one up for the exclusive titles and as a bedroom media center. Since then my backlog has grown to epic proportions.

It's value really seems like a personal decision. If you want the exclusives enough to warrant the cost, then go for it.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By JonathanMoore
@AnimalFather:  Uncharted 2?, Metal Gear Solid 4?...
JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By JokerClown88
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" It was worth gettting in 2009.   "
C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By C2C
@ProfessorEss said:
" It's value really seems like a personal decision. If you want the exclusives enough to warrant the cost, then go for it. "
ssjviviano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ssjviviano

Personally, I think the lineup of exclusives alone make it worthwhile (God of War III, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2 & 3, Gran Turismo, etc).   

If it were me, I would get the PS3 and use my 360 only for it's exclusives to help delay the RROD.  

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I just bought mine this year. Yes.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JB16

I bought mines a few months ago and I have no regrets so yes.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yes. In fact, I know two people who each just bought a PS3 a couple weeks ago. 

Uri555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Uri555

Only if you think the exclusives (LBP2, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, Flower, Heavy Rain, Mod Nation Racers, GT5, GOW3, InFamous 2, Last Guardian, Valkyria Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles, Yakuza)  are worth the $300 price tag of the PS3.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tally_Pants

definately! i bought both. altho i'm the opposite. i only play my xbox for exclusives
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Griddler
@JokerClown88 said:
" @CH3BURASHKA said:
"
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince

Most definitely.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By tebbit

I paid exorbitant prices for a launch PS3, and regretted it for about a year or so. But since then I've cherished it. So many great games.

Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Furyjoell

Yes, I got mine back in April and I have no regrets, there are some great exclusives, Infamous and Uncharted 2 are both absolutely cracking titles.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By 234r2we232

If you want a budget Blu-Ray player. Then sure.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By fugie7

yes

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#30  Edited By sjschmidt93
@AnimalFather said:
" i havent seen a game on the ps3 to warrant a buy yet. maybe when the last guardian is released and gets mad reviews i will get one. "
I love how people still use this 2 year old argument.
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

It was worth having one in 2009, it's doubly worth it now.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By Sooperspy

I have both. Got mine in May, Yes get one.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By time allen

i've recently sold my 360 to buy a ps3. seeing as a lot of xbox titles are released on pc too, ps3 was a logical choice.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zombie2011

Only if you have enough time to play all the games.  

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 27

#35  Edited By Stefan

I have both, but almost never use the ps3. I enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 1 + 2 on it whereas Little Big Planet, Infamous and Metal Gear Solid 4 kinda sucked in my opinion. Metal Gear was one of the most boring games ever for someone who hasn't played 1-3. Infamous was (sry Brad) not as good as Prototype and Prototype wasn't even that great. Little Big Planet... well I prefer Nintendo or RARE making my jump'n runs. So if you think 30-100h of exclusive game-play are worth the money go for it. (Valkyria Chronicles made it worth it for me)

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ExcessDebris

yes I love my PS3

rt44tbtb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rt44tbtb4

I've got both, just use the console you're most familiar with for multi-platform games and then get the exclusives on the other. That's the way it is for me, Ps3 is console of choice, then 360 for Fable, Alan Wake, Gears of War, etc.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By damodar
@JokerClown88 said:
" @CH3BURASHKA said:
"
Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gruff182

It was worth it in 2008.

I love my 360 for multi-plats and online, but the exclusives can't even scratch the the quality PS3's.

mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By mcmets93

Exactly the same situation for me except i have decided to get a PS3 mainly because of the upcoming games LBP2,Infamous 2, and Twisted Metal(loved it for PS2) and I am a huge baseball fan and Mlb the show is such a better game than mlb 2k10.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zero_

Uncharted 2. Done.

Persecution89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Persecution89
@AnimalFather:

That's quite possibly the most crazy thing i've heard in a long while.. especially considering that argument should've died back in 2008, Do you NOT like video games or something? 
 Seriously this has to be a troll dangling a carrot in front of reasonable thinking individuals.
jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jaymorgoth

For me i just hate to think  there are games out there that i can't play.  I have a PS3 and Xbox 360, it's nice to know that when a title comes out i can play it.  Plus it's nice to have the added bonus of a blu-ray player in the PS3, it's still a pretty good deal in my opinion.  I figure if you got the money and some of those exclusives are looking good go for it.  If you like video games then you'll find the PS3 quite worth it, console loyalty is something i'll never understand. At the end of the day, don't you just want to play games?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By Meowayne
@Persecution89 said:

" @AnimalFather: That's quite possibly the most crazy thing i've heard in a long while.. especially considering that argument should've died back in 2008, Do you NOT like video games or something?"

I am sort of with AnimalFather here. The Last Guardian is the one game this generation that I want to play the most. It is probably my absolute most wanted game of all time. But apart from that, I have such a hard time justifying the ownership of a PS3 for me.

The thing is, I just bought one. Because I was offered a new Slim for an incredibly awesome price including a second controller and two games (Wipeout and Dragon Age). I bought it because even if I don't keep it, I can sell it on eBay for quite a profit. 

Now, I want to play MGS4. But only to know how the story ends. From what I have seen and read and played of the game, I am going to absolutely hate it. But I need to play it, because I have invested so much time into the series.
I was excited for LBP, but after playing it I am fairly meh about it.  LBP2 could be good, though.
I have no interest in racing games. 
What little interest I have in stupid action games is completely satisfied by my Xbox 360. Killzone? God of War? Uncharted? I don't give a fuck. Although I would probably rent Uncharted 2.
I would like to play the Move version of Heavy Rain.
I would like to play Fl0wer, and other PSN gems I might not know about yet.
I would like to play the better console version of Portal 2
Two of my friends have a PS3 so there's potential multiplayer.

But that's it. With the Wii, 360, DS and PSP I already have more games and potential games than I could ever play, and I have a BluRay player. Keep the PS3 just for The Last Guardian, and for the sake of having all systems, having the highest probability of playing the few truly great games that might yet be released, and try a few games that mildly interest me like Uncharted, Heavy Rain and MGS4? I don't know.  I don't swim in money, especially these days.
Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45  Edited By Xanth93

PS3 is definitely worth it now, especially with all the amazing exclusives and the affordable price.

If you don't have an interest for the PS3 exclusives, don't waste your time with the system.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By simian

Sure why not. The PS3 has a back catalogue of good exclusives so you won't be want for purchases.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ninjakiller

Yes, get a PS3.  360 fanboys always talk about exclusives, but are the games really exclusive when you can play the "exclusives" on PC as well?  PS3 exclusives are just that, exclusive to the PS3. 

edit: exclusive exclusive exclusive .....man that's a funny word...exclusive

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Supermarius

I would say no. I bought a PS3 after owning a 360 for around a year and a half. I could only find about 3 or 4 exclusives worth buying on the PS3 and i never really played it. I also found i had no interest in buying bluray movies. I just sold it this month and i have no regrets about getting rid of it. I do however really like my Wii. I think it makes sense to get 360 & Wii or PS3 & Wii, but 360 & PS3 is just not worth it. The vast majority of the best titles this generation are multiplatform.

@ninjakiller said:

" Yes, get a PS3.  360 fanboys always talk about exclusives, but are the games really exclusive when you can play the "exclusives" on PC as well?  PS3 exclusives are just that, exclusive to the PS3.    edit: exclusive exclusive exclusive .....man that's a funny word...exclusive "
360 console exclusives still count as exclusives even if they appear on the pc. They count because many people have no interest in buying or maintaining a gaming PC and thus for them that is never an option. This is especially true when you are a kid. You can probably convince a parent to buy you an XBOX 360 for Christmas, but not a 1,000+ dollar gaming rig. Games like mass effect and Left 4 dead have definitely led to many people purchasing the 360 instead of the ps3.
Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kahoona
@Supermarius said:
but not a 1,000+ dollar gaming rig. "
This lie needs to go the way of the dodo.

On topic, I bought a PS3 when MGS4 out just for that game and I didn't regret it then and don't regret it now.
tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By tranquilchaos

*shrug* maybe?