• 67 results
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

*Note: there are a couple of things at the end of the blog that are not associated with the main subject. 

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will be coming out for DS! It will be in the style of the Wind Waker, but the sequel to the Phantom Hourglass.  Here is the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUWs0deZwWk

As a Zelda fan, It’s a little hard for me to imagine this combination: Zelda + Boat = Success, but Zelda + Train = ? I feel that Nintendo will be taking a serious risk with this game because of the new element.  I think that most people may agree that the realistic, life-like Zelda is and looks better; I really don’t know.  Some people may be disappointed to see that there won’t be a new Zelda for the Wii.  Some may not even mind that there will be one coming out for the DS.  Whatever the case, do you think that Zelda is going to be forever split in two?  (What I mean by split in two: cartoon vs. realistic.)  I think that perhaps it will, because it already has happened.  If Spirit Tracks is successful, I think that they will continue to make cartoon Zelda games; however, it’ll probably just be side stories and/or continuing sequels, which brings me to another idea. - The Twilight Princess was successful, and I think that the main storyline will remain in the realistic, life-like Zelda’s with the exception of Wind Waker because it take place somewhere in the future somewhere in the main story-line. Zelda has gotten a little confusing because of the story-line wavering back and forth, but I think that I understand it so far.  These ideas that I have may not be accurate, but the reason why I posted this blog is to see what everyone else thinks about this.  

I think that the new Zelda game is going to be interesting.  What I think is weird is that the Zelda world is getting technology and modernizing.  It’s like Nintendo taking Zelda into the early 19 -20 century.  In the Wind Waker, there was a pictograph that you could use to take pictures that looks like a camera if I’m not mistaken.  Cameras use electricity!  Here is an article about pictograms, which are ancient drawings and/or paintings.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pictogram I never played Majora’s Mask, and I’m not sure if you could use the pictograph in that game, but I think that it’s in there. (If you played Majora’s Mask let me know if you use a pictograph.) Now you got a train in the Spirit Tracks game.  Here’s an article about trains that tell when trains were made and more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train

Here are the questions that I would like to see input on.  Is Nintendo about to ruin Zelda?  Is Zelda going to have a split between cartoon Zelda and realistic, life-like Zelda? What do you think about the new Zelda game? Do you think that Zelda is slowly, but yet quickly modernizing?  What do ya’ll think about all this? If things sound out of context, tell me what and why you think so.

Well, I’ll see everyone later!  *All Wii owners don’t forget to update your Wii consoles to receive the new SD Card feature, and some other features too.  Also, I have done a review on Pop ‘Em Drop ‘Em SameGame for WiiWare, so if you are interested in buying you can look at my review for some input. There is an extra special surprise that I would like everyone to look at in the previous blog posted.  To everyone, thanks for reading and until next time!

-Sorry for the choppiness of the article guys.  Perhaps the comments might help ya'll better understand where I'm trying to get to.

-Ty

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

*Note: there are a couple of things at the end of the blog that are not associated with the main subject. 

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will be coming out for DS! It will be in the style of the Wind Waker, but the sequel to the Phantom Hourglass.  Here is the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUWs0deZwWk

As a Zelda fan, It’s a little hard for me to imagine this combination: Zelda + Boat = Success, but Zelda + Train = ? I feel that Nintendo will be taking a serious risk with this game because of the new element.  I think that most people may agree that the realistic, life-like Zelda is and looks better; I really don’t know.  Some people may be disappointed to see that there won’t be a new Zelda for the Wii.  Some may not even mind that there will be one coming out for the DS.  Whatever the case, do you think that Zelda is going to be forever split in two?  (What I mean by split in two: cartoon vs. realistic.)  I think that perhaps it will, because it already has happened.  If Spirit Tracks is successful, I think that they will continue to make cartoon Zelda games; however, it’ll probably just be side stories and/or continuing sequels, which brings me to another idea. - The Twilight Princess was successful, and I think that the main storyline will remain in the realistic, life-like Zelda’s with the exception of Wind Waker because it take place somewhere in the future somewhere in the main story-line. Zelda has gotten a little confusing because of the story-line wavering back and forth, but I think that I understand it so far.  These ideas that I have may not be accurate, but the reason why I posted this blog is to see what everyone else thinks about this.  

I think that the new Zelda game is going to be interesting.  What I think is weird is that the Zelda world is getting technology and modernizing.  It’s like Nintendo taking Zelda into the early 19 -20 century.  In the Wind Waker, there was a pictograph that you could use to take pictures that looks like a camera if I’m not mistaken.  Cameras use electricity!  Here is an article about pictograms, which are ancient drawings and/or paintings.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pictogram I never played Majora’s Mask, and I’m not sure if you could use the pictograph in that game, but I think that it’s in there. (If you played Majora’s Mask let me know if you use a pictograph.) Now you got a train in the Spirit Tracks game.  Here’s an article about trains that tell when trains were made and more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train

Here are the questions that I would like to see input on.  Is Nintendo about to ruin Zelda?  Is Zelda going to have a split between cartoon Zelda and realistic, life-like Zelda? What do you think about the new Zelda game? Do you think that Zelda is slowly, but yet quickly modernizing?  What do ya’ll think about all this? If things sound out of context, tell me what and why you think so.

Well, I’ll see everyone later!  *All Wii owners don’t forget to update your Wii consoles to receive the new SD Card feature, and some other features too.  Also, I have done a review on Pop ‘Em Drop ‘Em SameGame for WiiWare, so if you are interested in buying you can look at my review for some input. There is an extra special surprise that I would like everyone to look at in the previous blog posted.  To everyone, thanks for reading and until next time!

-Sorry for the choppiness of the article guys.  Perhaps the comments might help ya'll better understand where I'm trying to get to.

-Ty

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Nintendo knows what they're doing. I've learned to trust them.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Those first two paragraphs are so disjointed i can barely tell what you are trying to say.

You dont seem to realize that ever since they demonstrated the cel-shaded link in the Wind Waker, they have only used the style for the handheld Zeldas, IE Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. That is likely how things are going to be for the near future. Besides, Nintendo has already said they are working on the next console Zelda, but I wouldnt expect it before 2011(you know how they get about delaying). By the way, cameras didnt always use electricity. The first cameras simply had a hand-operated shutter, which they would quickly open and close in order to capture the image. 
I dont think that the trains are really going to have that big an impact, and it wont be all that different from Phantom Hourglass since you aren't directly steering the train.
SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SteamPunkJin

The other day I heard a complaint about this game citing Nintendo lacks consistency within their core franchises; I have to disagree, what Nintendo has become very good at is keep the spirit of the game if you will, intact while adding elements that seem not to work. Every fussed over a first person Metroid, and you know what? It was good. People made a lot of noise when Zelda for the DS was announced to use ONLY the touch screen, again, it was brilliant. However Nintendo is going to work these trains into Zelda is going to work, and it's going to be fun.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tireyo
Snail said:
"Nintendo knows what they're doing. I've learned to trust them."
I hope to be where you are at right now, because I'm still having doubts.

AgentJ said:
"Those first two paragraphs are so disjointed i can barely tell what you are trying to say.

You dont seem to realize that ever since they demonstrated the cel-shaded link in the Wind Waker, they have only used the style for the handheld Zeldas, IE Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. That is likely how things are going to be for the near future. Besides, Nintendo has already said they are working on the next console Zelda, but I wouldnt expect it before 2011(you know how they get about delaying). By the way, cameras didnt always use electricity. The first cameras simply had a hand-operated shutter, which they would quickly open and close in order to capture the image. 
I dont think that the trains are really going to have that big an impact, and it wont be all that different from Phantom Hourglass since you aren't directly steering the train.
"

Do you mean these two paragraphs?

"*Note: there are a couple of things at the end of the blog that are not associated with the main subject. 

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will be coming out for DS! It will be in the style of the Wind Waker, but the sequel to the Phantom Hourglass.  Here is the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUWs0deZwWk"

I learn something everyday! :D Thank you for telling me that information!  Expecially cameras not using electricity!  That is extremely interesting to know.  Thanks for sharing your opinion and knowledge about The Legend of Zelda.  It does help me understand more and more to hear from others about things! :D Thanks again!

SteamPunkJin said:
"The other day I heard a complaint about this game citing Nintendo lacks consistency within their core franchises; I have to disagree, what Nintendo has become very good at is keep the spirit of the game if you will, intact while adding elements that seem not to work. Every fussed over a first person Metroid, and you know what? It was good. People made a lot of noise when Zelda for the DS was announced to use ONLY the touch screen, again, it was brilliant. However Nintendo is going to work these trains into Zelda is going to work, and it's going to be fun. "
Showing confidence towards this subject really gives me hope that it will be good. Thank you for your input as well. :D

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

Keep the faith dude. It won't be worst than an 8.5/4 stars, trust me.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ
Tireyo643 said:

"*Note: there are a couple of things at the end of the blog that are not associated with the main subject. 

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will be coming out for DS! It will be in the style of the Wind Waker, but the sequel to the Phantom Hourglass.  Here is the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUWs0deZwWk"

Those are lines. I meant your paragraphs, as in the one that starts "as a zelda fan" and the one that starts "I think that the new Zelda"
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

They're not about to ruin Zelda. I think anyone who played Wind Waker can tell you it's a better game than Twilight Princess. The more realistic graphics didn't make it a better game. Besides, the cartoon look will work way better on the DS than a more realistic look. The DS's graphical capabilities aren't all that great. They couldn't make a Zelda that looked like Twilight Princess on the DS. As far as the storyline is concerned, no Zelda game has ever had a realistic storyline, so I'm not sure where you're going with that one. Also, the stories in the Zelda games aren't exactly connected or in order. In most cases, it's the same story being retold in a slightly different way. For the record, I actually think Wind Waker definitely had the best story among all the Zelda games.

The train mechanic seems pretty different to me than what we're used to seeing in Zelda games, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I just hope it's more than just a form of travel. I'd like to see some cool train battles or bandits trying to board my train, etc. Maybe they are using the train to give Zelda a more modern setting, I'm not really sure. That would be fine with me. I don't think it'd change anything too drastically. I can't imagine that Link's going to start wielding a gun or anything. Cowboy Link? Yeeeehaw!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman

I think you're overthinking the time line. It is a fantasy game after all. Besides that though, i'm disappointed if there isn't a new "real" zelda game in the works. Was that confirmed?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tireyo
Snail said:
"Keep the faith dude. It won't be worst than an 8.5/4 stars, trust me."
I'll try

AgentJ said:
"Tireyo643 said:

Those are lines. I meant your paragraphs, as in the one that starts "as a zelda fan" and the one that starts "I think that the new Zelda"
"

Ok. Sometimes I just don't make since! :D Sorry you had a rough time understanding me. I tend to do that sometimes.

TheGreatGuero said:
"They're not about to ruin Zelda. I think anyone who played Wind Waker can tell you it's a better game than Twilight Princess. The more realistic graphics didn't make it a better game. Besides, the cartoon look will work way better on the DS than a more realistic look. The DS's graphical capabilities aren't all that great. They couldn't make a Zelda that looked like Twilight Princess on the DS. As far as the storyline is concerned, no Zelda game has ever had a realistic storyline, so I'm not sure where you're going with that one. Also, the stories in the Zelda games aren't exactly connected or in order. In most cases, it's the same story being retold in a slightly different way. For the record, I actually think Wind Waker definitely had the best story among all the Zelda games. The train mechanic seems pretty different to me than what we're used to seeing in Zelda games, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I just hope it's more than just a form of travel. I'd like to see some cool train battles or bandits trying to board my train, etc. Maybe they are using the train to give Zelda a more modern setting, I'm not really sure. That would be fine with me. I don't think it'd change anything too drastically. I can't imagine that Link's going to start wielding a gun or anything. Cowboy Link? Yeeeehaw!"

Thank you for your input. I loved the Wind Waker too! Nice end joke. :D

JJWeatherman said:
"I think you're overthinking the time line. It is a fantasy game after all. Besides that though, i'm disappointed if there isn't a new "real" zelda game in the works. Was that confirmed?"

I do that sometimes. It's a bad habit. Yes, Spirit Tracks was confirmed to my knowledge.  There was an article on Gamespot that said that they would be releasing it for DS.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
"They're not about to ruin Zelda. I think anyone who played Wind Waker can tell you it's a better game than Twilight Princess. The more realistic graphics didn't make it a better game. Besides, the cartoon look will work way better on the DS than a more realistic look. The DS's graphical capabilities aren't all that great. They couldn't make a Zelda that looked like Twilight Princess on the DS. As far as the storyline is concerned, no Zelda game has ever had a realistic storyline, so I'm not sure where you're going with that one. Also, the stories in the Zelda games aren't exactly connected or in order. In most cases, it's the same story being retold in a slightly different way. For the record, I actually think Wind Waker definitely had the best story among all the Zelda games. The train mechanic seems pretty different to me than what we're used to seeing in Zelda games, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I just hope it's more than just a form of travel. I'd like to see some cool train battles or bandits trying to board my train, etc. Maybe they are using the train to give Zelda a more modern setting, I'm not really sure. That would be fine with me. I don't think it'd change anything too drastically. I can't imagine that Link's going to start wielding a gun or anything. Cowboy Link? Yeeeehaw!"
Really, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were pretty even in my eyes. While the final boss fight in Wind Waker was better, I liked many of the dungeons in Twilight Princess more, and you didnt have to hunt for tri-force pieces. You are right though that realistic style doesnt make a better game. Also, there are actually a few timelines available for the Zelda series, my favorite of which is below:

Beginning:

The Minish Cap
             l
Ocarina of Time------------
            l                               l
Majoras Mask          Windwaker
Twilight Princess      Phantom Hourglass
I think Zelda 1          Spirit Tracks probably
          l
I think Zelda 2

That might not be exactly right, and i dont remember where LTTP and Links Awakening go, but thats one of the widely accepted timelines. the splitoff at Ocarina signifies that one is the future where Ganon took over for 3 years, and the other is the future after link went back to the past.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
JJWeatherman said:
"I think you're overthinking the time line. It is a fantasy game after all. Besides that though, i'm disappointed if there isn't a new "real" zelda game in the works. Was that confirmed?"
If you mean a console Zelda, they said that the Mario and Zelda teams were "hard at work" back at E3, and Miyamoto on a number of occasions has talked about how they are trying to spice up the standard zelda formula.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tireyo

AgentJ: Wouldn't Wind Waker be ahead after all the games besides the ones for DS?  And why would Twilight Princess be before Zelda 1 and 2.  Also, where is A Link to the Past?

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Kohe321

I don't think so. I do think trains are a silly idea personally, but I trust they will make a good game... It will need more than a zelda DS game to ruin "zelda" anyways.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tireyo

Kohe321: I still don't know about the train idea, but perhaps what you said will come true. "but I trust they will make a good game" :D I really hope that Nintendo will make good decisions in the future to keep Zelda alive.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Spirit Tracks looks exactly like Phantom Hourglass, but with a lame train sequence instead of a lame boat sequence. So no, I don't think that Nintendo is ruining Zelda, but merely making a sequel that will be overrated by the fanboys, who scream when it gets an 8.8 from some critic (cookie to anyone who gets that reference).

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tireyo

ArbitraryWater: Ok :/

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Omega

I could see Zelda getting more into steampunk technology, and I'd be ok with that because it still fits into the fantasy genre.

I don't think you'll see anything too modern in Zelda. But Zelda has always had some interesting technology like the hookshot, and bombchu's

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tireyo

Omega: Very true! Zelda wouldn't be the same though if it modernized too much, and it might not be as good or great anymore if they introduced too much technology.. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgentJ
ArbitraryWater said:
"Spirit Tracks looks exactly like Phantom Hourglass, but with a lame train sequence instead of a lame boat sequence. So no, I don't think that Nintendo is ruining Zelda, but merely making a sequel that will be overrated by the fanboys, who scream when it gets an 8.8 from some critic (cookie to anyone who gets that reference)."
NOMNOM the cookie!!!!!
Tireyo643 said:
"AgentJ: Wouldn't Wind Waker be ahead after all the games besides the ones for DS?  And why would Twilight Princess be before Zelda 1 and 2.  Also, where is A Link to the Past?"
If you've played the Windwaker, then you would know that there are a number of references to "the hero of time", meaning link from Ocarina. And like I said, I'm not positive on Zelda one and two, and dont remember where Link to the Past was supposed to go(it might have been after Zelda 1 and 2). Ill have to go find the theoretical timeline again
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Systech

No... The game looks pretty damn good. I loved Phantom Hourglass and I can't wait to give this one a shot.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By Willy105

Ruin Zelda?

Isn't it an improvement?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Godwind

The design on the DS is due to graphical limitations.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tireyo
AgentJ said:
"ArbitraryWater said:
"Spirit Tracks looks exactly like Phantom Hourglass, but with a lame train sequence instead of a lame boat sequence. So no, I don't think that Nintendo is ruining Zelda, but merely making a sequel that will be overrated by the fanboys, who scream when it gets an 8.8 from some critic (cookie to anyone who gets that reference)."
NOMNOM the cookie!!!!!
Tireyo643 said:
"AgentJ: Wouldn't Wind Waker be ahead after all the games besides the ones for DS?  And why would Twilight Princess be before Zelda 1 and 2.  Also, where is A Link to the Past?"
If you've played the Windwaker, then you would know that there are a number of references to "the hero of time", meaning link from Ocarina. And like I said, I'm not positive on Zelda one and two, and dont remember where Link to the Past was supposed to go(it might have been after Zelda 1 and 2). Ill have to go find the theoretical timeline again
"
I've played and beat the Wind Waker, and yet it's still hard to tell where everything lies.

systech said:
"No... The game looks pretty damn good. I loved Phantom Hourglass and I can't wait to give this one a shot."
I hope it's good.

Willy105 said:
"Ruin Zelda?Isn't it an improvement?"

Well the game hasn't released yet.  It's just strange that they are introducing a new concept, which is putting in a train.  Don't really know if it will be an improvement.

Godwind said:
"The design on the DS is due to graphical limitations."
Well, I knew that; but what point are you trying to make?
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Dalai

I'm really skeptical about the whole train thing, but  they said the same about the sailing and the cartoon look and Wind Waker was praised in many circles.

I'm still waiting to see where the next console Zelda goes... and I'm hoping it goes in a dramatically different direction.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tireyo

Dalai: I'm skeptical too about the train thing.  I hope that the next console Zelda game will be good as well.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Godwind
Tireyo643 said:
Godwind said:
Well, I knew that; but what point are you trying to make?"

"I think that most people may agree that the realistic, life-like Zelda is and looks better; I really don’t know.  Some people may be disappointed to see that there won’t be a new Zelda for the Wii.  Some may not even mind that there will be one coming out for the DS.  Whatever the case, do you think that Zelda is going to be forever split in two?  (What I mean by split in two: cartoon vs. realistic.)"

My point is that it is not trying to be realistic because the machine limits the capabilities.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By Willy105
Godwind said:
Which design? The graphics or the interface?

The graphics are actually a technological achievement for the DS. It's actually doing cel-shading. That wasn't possible in any pre-Dreamcast consoles. It would have been easier for Nintendo's artists if they used the N64 art style.

The interface is actually built along the DS's control inputs. It works just fine, even if it's limited.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tireyo
Godwind said:
"Tireyo643 said:
Godwind said:
Well, I knew that; but what point are you trying to make?"

"I think that most people may agree that the realistic, life-like Zelda is and looks better; I really don’t know.  Some people may be disappointed to see that there won’t be a new Zelda for the Wii.  Some may not even mind that there will be one coming out for the DS.  Whatever the case, do you think that Zelda is going to be forever split in two?  (What I mean by split in two: cartoon vs. realistic.)"My point is that it is not trying to be realistic because the machine limits the capabilities."

Ok. I worded it awkward! I didn't mean that the realistic Zelda should be for DS.  I'm just saying that it might be better to have a realistic Zelda for the main console. Stupid me. LOL :D

Willy105 said:
"Godwind said:
Which design? The graphics or the interface?The graphics are actually a technological achievement for the DS. It's actually doing cel-shading. That wasn't possible in any pre-Dreamcast consoles. It would have been easier for Nintendo's artists if they used the N64 art style.The interface is actually built along the DS's control inputs. It works just fine, even if it's limited."
I think that he means that the realistic type Zelda couldn't be done on the DS, to where the cartoonistic one can.
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Godwind

Lets get one thing straight.  I don't think games have approached the point where things look realistic(exception, CG scenes).  I just don't think it has reached that point for me where I can say "Wow, it looks so realistic".  Although I will give credit to same games for pushing graphics, like Shenmue, Super Mario Bros. 3 and perhaps a few other name drops.  I'm not saying graphics are not important or are important. 

As for a Brand new Zelda game for the console, I couldn't disagree with that.  Twilight Princess, while beautiful to look at, was basically a Gamecube port.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AgentJ
Godwind said:
"Lets get one thing straight.  I don't think games have approached the point where things look realistic(exception, CG scenes).  I just don't think it has reached that point for me where I can say "Wow, it looks so realistic".  Although I will give credit to same games for pushing graphics, like Shenmue, Super Mario Bros. 3 and perhaps a few other name drops.  I'm not saying graphics are not important or are important.  As for a Brand new Zelda game for the console, I couldn't disagree with that.  Twilight Princess, while beautiful to look at, was basically a Gamecube port."
I'm sure that the one they are working on now will push the wii to its limit, and as we've seen with Metroid and the Conduit, thats a good thing.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By toowalrus

I haven't really been interested in hand held Zelda since oracle of seasons/ages. Minish Cap and up just didn't do it for me.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kratos81
Snail said:
From someone as negative as you, I cant believe you still have faith in nintendo. They left the old school gamers in the dust along time ago. I have zero faith left and will never buy another nin product until they get with the times. I wish the games I grew up with as a kid would have grown with me. NIntendo is stuck in the past, I have no choice but to grow up, that is human nature and my gaming tastes have grown with me.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AgentJ
Kratos81 said:
"Snail said:
From someone as negative as you, I cant believe you still have faith in nintendo. They left the old school gamers in the dust along time ago. I have zero faith left and will never buy another nin product until they get with the times. I wish the games I grew up with as a kid would have grown with me. NIntendo is stuck in the past, I have no choice but to grow up, that is human nature and my gaming tastes have grown with me.
"
If you say so. Really though, the current drought is an abberation, and probably wouldn't have happened had Nintendo spread out the big three that they released within a year of launch (Mario Metroid Zelda). All three of those were quality products, and we've got Sin and Punishment and Punch out on the way, along with (almost definately) an F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby, and Kid Icarus. So kee your pants on dude.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Agent J, in regards to the Zelda timeline, a couple years ago gametrailers.com had a series on Zelda where they tried to put it in chronological order. It seemed to actually fit pretty well, and they were hoping Twilight Princess would end a certain way which could solidify the whole thing, but unfortunately Twilight Princess didn't go that route. However, considering that Phantom Hourglass did came out, and there are 2 branching storylines, I suppose it makes sense that Twilight Princess and Wind Waker would be on different branches. Okay, man. I'm down with that. Thanks for the heads up.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By optimusprime223

one point i would like to make about this: the zelda games had a core storyline?!?!? seriously each one seems pretty self contained to me, and none of them are direct sequels.

does it really matter if they split the games like this though? the simple fact of the matter is so long as the games are good it doesnt matter really. The zelda games have always been great and they have never had a standarised tech for them so the fact they put a train in means jack. Splitting the look just seems you can easily tell which is which, and has no bareing on the game itself. They wont ruin this, they like the franchise too much.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't think there's any official timeline. I see it similar to the Breath of Fire franchise which always has the same item, enemy, character, location, etc names but each one is a whole different adventure with no ties to past games. Well, other than the first two titles which have direct ties. So it's more like they take the core concepts which include Link, Princess Zelda, the Triforce, Ganon, etc, and make whatever new story they want by combining it with whatever new elements they feel like every time. As for haivng a simple steam engine breaking canon, meh, there are far more elaborate machines in the various temples, or even in some of Link's own tools.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Will1Lucky

It's not been confirmed if this is a sequel to Phantom Hourglass yet, and the inclusion of Princess Zelda goes against it being a sequel.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By turbomonkey138
Snail said:
Agreed . Nintedno single handily saved video games before . Also people said the same thing about Zelda Windwaker . And i thought that was thr best zelda game out of them all .
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By StarFoxA
AgentJ said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
Really, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were pretty even in my eyes. While the final boss fight in Wind Waker was better, I liked many of the dungeons in Twilight Princess more, and you didnt have to hunt for tri-force pieces. You are right though that realistic style doesnt make a better game. Also, there are actually a few timelines available for the Zelda series, my favorite of which is below:

Beginning:

The Minish Cap
             l
          l
I think Zelda 2

That might not be exactly right, and i dont remember where LTTP and Links Awakening go, but thats one of the widely accepted timelines. the splitoff at Ocarina signifies that one is the future where Ganon took over for 3 years, and the other is the future after link went back to the past.
"
Where's A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games?
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By eric_buck

The train thing will really be just a random way to travel. I think the dungeon crawling etc. will still be great. Although I prefer the more realistic graphics and I hope they don't start making only toony looking ones it certainly wouldn't ruin LoZ.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Will1Lucky
AgentJ said:
"TheGreatGuero said:

Beginning:

The Minish Cap
             l
          l
I think Zelda 2

"

Links Awakening is after MM. LTTP and TP are set in the other timeline.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tireyo
TooWalrus said:
"I haven't really been interested in hand held Zelda since oracle of seasons/ages. Minish Cap and up just didn't do it for me."
Maybe next time, I guess.

Eric_Buck said:
"The train thing will really be just a random way to travel. I think the dungeon crawling etc. will still be great. Although I prefer the more realistic graphics and I hope they don't start making only toony looking ones it certainly wouldn't ruin LoZ."

Good point!

Will1Lucky said:
"It's not been confirmed if this is a sequel to Phantom Hourglass yet, and the inclusion of Princess Zelda goes against it being a sequel."

Where or how did you hear about that?

AgentJ said:
"Godwind said:
"Lets get one thing straight.  I don't think games have approached the point where things look realistic(exception, CG scenes).  I just don't think it has reached that point for me where I can say "Wow, it looks so realistic".  Although I will give credit to same games for pushing graphics, like Shenmue, Super Mario Bros. 3 and perhaps a few other name drops.  I'm not saying graphics are not important or are important.  As for a Brand new Zelda game for the console, I couldn't disagree with that.  Twilight Princess, while beautiful to look at, was basically a Gamecube port."
I'm sure that the one they are working on now will push the wii to its limit, and as we've seen with Metroid and the Conduit, thats a good thing.
"

I sure hope it will.  Thing is, graphics don't make a game.  How much you get out of it and the gameplay is what matters.  I think that everyone knows that though.

To All: It's really hard to track the story-line in Zelda and as Al3xand3r said that there might not be a official story-line in Zelda.  I think that despite of the story-line problem, Zelda games that we favor and love will probably continue to be the games that are memorable and fun to us who have played them.  :D
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Tireyo
Godwind said:

Can't argue with that! :)
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By JonathanMoore
Snail said:
Yeah pretty much my thoughts.

-- God Bless.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Illmatic

I'm a huge Zelda fan so take this with a grain of salt, but I was suspecting that a split between toon Zelda and lifelike Zelda was going to happen the moment another toon Zelda emerged on the DS. To be quite honest, I like this direction a lot. I loved Wind Waker when it came out and the toony Zelda's that have come out for the Game Boys and even the SNES also have places in my heart. I know its a stretch but the toon interpretation of Zelda can possibly be seen as the main focal point of Zelda when you consider that this was the original look for Zelda when it was first made (not cell shading, but the top down less lifelike Zeldas). But that's a completely different topic.

As for a modernizing Zelda, that could be interesting if it's handled delicately. It can bring about a completely different level of puzzles and temples since not only can old, medieval style dungeons be plausible in this world but technological temples and buildings could add some interesting elements into the game.

Finally, for story, to be quite honest I never really worried about the connection of the different games' story. I never thought too hard about what fit where and which Links were the same and which were another generation. From my glazed over knowledge, all I can connect is that different Links arise during different times of turmoil, Occarina of Time and Majora's Mask Link are the same, Wind Waker Link was a new generation and *spoilers* lived atop old Hyrule from the N64 Zeldas.

Haven't played Phantom Hourglass yet so I don't know if this is going too far but I can say that I still get legitimately excited when Zeldas are announced so for now I don't think Zelda's is near being ruined as of yet. Just no gun toting Link's, please Nintendo.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HandsomeDead

The only Zelda worth playing has been The Wind Waker and that's because it was the only one to deviate from the 20 year old mechanics of the game. Complaining about them continuing this new and interesting direction, even just as a spin off, is terrible. Particularly seeing that everything besides the terain seems exactly the same.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Tireyo
HandsomeDead said:
"The only Zelda worth playing has been The Wind Waker and that's because it was the only one to deviate from the 20 year old mechanics of the game. Complaining about them continuing this new and interesting direction, even just as a spin off, is terrible. Particularly seeing that everything besides the terain seems exactly the same."
Wind Waker was really fun! I loved sailing from island to island, and discovering the secrets that they hold.  Great memories! :D

Well, the other Zelda games aren't bad.  Hopefully, Nintendo will know what they are doing when they introduce the train concept.  Eventhough the concept/mechanics might be the same, Zelda is still good I think.  What Zelda games have you played anyway?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HandsomeDead
Tireyo643 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"The only Zelda worth playing has been The Wind Waker and that's because it was the only one to deviate from the 20 year old mechanics of the game. Complaining about them continuing this new and interesting direction, even just as a spin off, is terrible. Particularly seeing that everything besides the terain seems exactly the same."
Wind Waker was really fun! I loved sailing from island to island, and discovering the secrets that they hold.  Great memories! :D

Well, the other Zelda games aren't bad.  Hopefully, Nintendo will know what they are doing when they introduce the train concept.  Eventhough the concept/mechanics might be the same, Zelda is still good I think.  What Zelda games have you played anyway?"
I agree with that. The thing I loved about Wind Waker was just exploring and finding new things on most of the islands. Even when you had to go fishing to find the triforce shards, I thought that was still pretty fun.

I've played Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Link to the Past and Phantom Hourglass. All of them got really boring at the midpoint whereyou find the first set of McGuffins and then get the Master Sword etc. It felt all so samey.
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NukeGoBoom

Nintendo =/= Sega
Theyre just adding a small gimmick  to keep fammiliar gameplay fresh for fucks sake Youre not gonna be the whole game on a train.