• 175 results
#101 Posted by Milkman (17328 posts) -

Once it finds you, you'll never escape...

#102 Posted by Sbaitso (563 posts) -

Surprised I haven't seen any Souls boss music, It's practically the only music in the game lol.

#103 Posted by TwoLines (2841 posts) -

It's been so long since I've played it... And I still hear it in the back of my brain.

#104 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Tetris theme until the end of my days.

#105 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (635 posts) -

Just such an epic theme, from dark to triumphant. Fantastic

A song that I heard a lot when I was younger, and still brings back good memories. So much time spent playing HM64.

#106 Posted by 9999dmg (132 posts) -

The intro to Wild Arms, that whole soundtrack was amazing actually.

#107 Posted by Nentisys (893 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@Nentisys said:

BG2 main menu. Bombastic!

Which one? Shadows of Amn style or remixed/epic Baldur's Gate original for Throne of Bhaal?

Both!

#108 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

The Final Fantasy 7 tune One Winged Angel (I'm sick of it, but that's not the question)

A few of the Red Alert 2 tunes, although I could not name them.

#109 Posted by poisonmonkey (375 posts) -

The Final Fantasy 7 battle victory music is seared into my brain after so many hours playing it as a kid!

#110 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

Under A Killing Moon theme

Been my ringtone for a while now

#111 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (634 posts) -

Super Mario Land credits music.

#112 Edited by Zaccheus (1805 posts) -
#113 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

@Loafsmooch said:

Love

also this in a BIIIIIIIIIG way

#114 Posted by eliotie (29 posts) -
#115 Posted by EchoEcho (837 posts) -

Any game that has really good music is going to get stuck in my head at some point or another, but older games with their simpler, catchy melodies are the ones that stay stuck and never go away.

The one game whose music always gets stuck in my head for no apparent reason, though, above all others, is the Super Mario Bros. 2 music. At least a few days out of every week. I don't know why, but there you have it. Some of the Mega Man X stage themes are pretty constantly in my head, too.

#116 Posted by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

super mario 64 bob-omb battlefield for me, galaxy 2's version of this song is pretty good as well

galaxy 1's final bowser music is good too

#117 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

The Halo theme playing at the end of the third game. Get shivers every time.

#118 Posted by Vextroid (1429 posts) -

So creepy.

My favourite song in the entire game.

Over 100 hours of listening to this in my childhood.

#119 Posted by johnaze (73 posts) -

Never get tired of this one. Played it alot when i was a kid

This one as well!

#120 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1474 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid end credits.

#121 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

#122 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

I think the music from Streets of Rage 2, Fez, Freedom Fighters, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project are the ones that get stuck in my head and come up the most.

That TMNT game has particularly underrated music. I never really hear it talked about but it's truly outstanding and so catchy.

#123 Posted by mikey87144 (1807 posts) -

A lot of songs from Zelda Oot make this list for me but just to be different Zagat from Zone of the Enders 2.

#124 Posted by TooSweet (398 posts) -

Super Mario Bros 2. Specifically when I would get the invincibility star and then warp to the dark dimension for bonus coins. The music would only play that way when you'd do that specifically. I thought it was awesome and sometimes me and my cousin would sit there and listen to it.

#125 Posted by sungahymn (1038 posts) -

Lots, but the oldest one would be "A Premonition" from Chrono Trigger.

#126 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

Whenever there is a lot of fresh snow on the ground, I think of the Severnaya theme from Goldeneye 007.

#127 Posted by crazyleaves (648 posts) -

Most of this soundtrack especially this song.

#128 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@crazyleaves: That soundtrack is amazing. AMAZING.

#129 Posted by crazyleaves (648 posts) -

@Kerned: Yep, I got it in FLAC from a humble bundle and I blast that shit on Saturday mornings sometimes. Pressure Cooker is great too.

#130 Posted by ProfessorK (829 posts) -

Soooooo good. And it was on the Genesis! This was so far ahead of it time in terms of what people were doing with game music back then. I wish I could have been there when Yuzo was djing a club in Japan and played the soundtrack. I would have been so hype!

#131 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

@ProfessorK said:

Soooooo good. And it was on the Genesis! This was so far ahead of it time in terms of what people were doing with game music back then. I wish I could have been there when Yuzo was djing a club in Japan and played the soundtrack. I would have been so hype!

Dude yes. This games soundtrack is in heavy rotation on my iPod. That main theme is just unbelievable. He is doing some show in the US in January someplace too not sure where though.

#132 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@crazyleaves: haha, I also got the FLACs in a Humble Bundle. I have some of the tracks on a workout playlist, including Pressure Cooker.

Also, for anyone who hasn't played it, it's worth noting that the game itself is phenomenal.

#133 Posted by ProfessorK (829 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: holy shit! sadly if its not on the east coast I can't go:( I hear there is going to be a Zelda orchestral session at Madison Square Garden in November though

#134 Posted by Village_Guy (2665 posts) -

After watching the Hotline Miami quick look, I'm not sure I can get that track outta my head.

#135 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -
#136 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (389 posts) -

@Asurastrike: I would agree with FFX except for that terribly cheesy final boss music. Sorry, hated that shit.

#137 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Stickerbrush Symphony from DKC2

#138 Posted by abomunist (120 posts) -

A couple more here. The first hit me hard as a kid. While it's basically a bullshit "it was all a dream!" ending, it did somewhat gloss over the fact that the American SMB2 was terribly inconsistent in design and mechanics from the classic SMB. Plus, seeing Mario that close up was a thrill in the 8 bit era. I tend to like simple things executed well, and the gentle transition from the bombastic regal march during the defeat of Wort (was that his name?) and the ensuing celebration to a musicbox rendition of the theme felt right. Still does a little bit:

Then, of course, there's this. Which got me PUMPED. DRAMATIC ROBOT HAIR.

And, I've never thought of this before, but it mirrors the end music pretty well. Helmet on, fight, kill, helmet off, retire in the countryside. It's even similar in structure.

#139 Posted by procrasturbate (277 posts) -

Indestructible. The theme to SF4. Song is real.

#140 Edited by Taefarinas (88 posts) -
#141 Posted by machinerebel (131 posts) -

Whenever I play Super Mario Bros. 3 I always sing along with the soundtrack.

Sometimes I'll catch myself singing on the toilet. :I

#142 Posted by koolaid39 (255 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

This is a beauty.

#143 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

This. How can one forget this song? It's like the most memorable piece of video game music ever.

#144 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

@Taefarinas said:

Rome: Total War's Divintius:

And the theme from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Also a great one... helps that I heard it for like 80-100 hours. What a game.

#145 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

The typical ones like Zelda, Halo and that but then these two are prominently in my mind too.

#146 Posted by fisk0 (4499 posts) -

I may have posted too many songs in this thread already, but the Sim Isle soundtrack, especially the 7th track (starts at 15:39) has been stuck in my head since 1997.

#147 Edited by TinyGrenade (141 posts) -

The song that kicked off my playthrough of Bastion in one sitting

#148 Posted by Patchcoat (172 posts) -

Some RPG tunes that have stuck with me throughout the years:

#149 Edited by Trylks (829 posts) -

Most. I actually listen to a lot of game music and I can remember many I didn't listen lately because I couldn't find them.

http://www.last.fm/user/trylks

The one I probably listened longer ago and I can recall is the theme in stage 1 from Super Mario Land.

#150 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

Bully's main theme.