Is This The Next Metal Gear Game, Or What?

• 142 results
harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By harrisonave

They love fucking with us.  Remember when we all thought that last teaser was MGS4 coming to the 360, and it turned out to be a stupid fucking iPhone game?  Yeah... color me extremely disappointed.  But, I honestly think that if they're building it up this much, it's got to be something big.

digital_sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By digital_sin

Considering how the last time this happened I got my hopes up for a new MGS game or a MGS4 Xbox360 port and it turned out to be the lame MGS game for the iPhone, This might very well be something that kinda stupid, like MGS for the Gizmondo or the NGage or whatever.

But if I had to guess, I'm pretty sure it's some kind of Xbox360 related MGS product.

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By yyZiggurat

Snatcher for the iPhone.

mlmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By mlmasters

I think Konami will make TWO announcements at E3 during the Microsoft press conference.

1.) A port of Metal Gear Solid 4 for the Xbox 360.  It will be released this year. I also predict that MGS 4 will REQUIRE a harddrive and must be INSTALLED on it in order to play the game.

Unfortuantly the multiplayer, even though will have minor gameplay/camera improvements will STILL suck… =( But it will come with bonus VR missions. =)

2.) Metal Gear Solid 5 (which is what the site is teasing at) will be announced with a release date of “holiday 2010”. It will also be release on the PS3 as well, BUT the Xbox version will come with exclusive downloadable content (Like GTAIV exclusivity)

Kojima will play like a ten second trailer and fan boys across the world will wet themselves…

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Ineedaname

I doubt it'll be a port because of the comment Otacon makes, "No need to change disk snake this is blue-ray"
That's part of the actual game aswell, so I can't see them porting it, maybe they'll do like a VR missions styled game.

Either way I have both consoles so it's hopefully more MGS action =D

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By randiolo

Ign and heaps of other soures are saying its mgs5, but it seems a little early for that. I dont think it will be on the 360 since it couldn't be done for mgs4, so how does a game that will be bigger and better fit on the 360?

Drebin008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Drebin008

The 5 Could be an "S" ive seen snake written in that font as well

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By yyZiggurat

Its obviously Snatcher for the iPhone.

Drebin008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Drebin008

i hope so to the above comment, i want something new from kojima, MGS4 was great but the worst part was haveing to sit through a two hour ending after finishing it on a sunday at 1a.m when i had work the next day!

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I'm thrilled about this. MGS is very special to me, so I can't wait to see what this is all about.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By get2sammyb

I know I'm going to get called a twat for this, but I love how seemingly the biggest announcement Microsoft can make at E3 is a port of a year old PS3 game.

tricky69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By tricky69

If indeed the figure is a number 5 then why would it be MGS4 for the 360 ?

It’s funny isn’t it, I remember all the 360 fan boys saying that MGS4 is gonna be shit, PS3 is for faggots, blah, blah.  Now whenever there’s a hint that MGS4 is coming to 360 they all wet their pants with excitement.  It also makes me laugh that PS3 gets a few exclusives and instantly the 360 fan boy’s DEMAND they should be on 360.  You’re a bunch of greedy fuckers is all you are.

I just hope the next Metal Gear is multiplatform so there’s no more of this childish crap about exclusives and bollocks.  Before you all get pissy and start acting like children, I’ll add that I own a 360 (two of them in fact) and a PS3.  I hate exclusives and having to buy two bloody consoles just so I can play the games I want is annoying beyond belief.  I also hate fan boys and the bullshit that it creates on forums.  I know this market is simply a business of making money, but it doesn’t have to be so fucking cutthroat.  The market today can sustain 3 consoles, but having this constant bullshit with exclusives, be they limited or permanent, it just isn’t a healthy sign of the way the video games market is going.

Slightly off subject.  Why has there been so much discussion about the exclusive deal with Ghostbusters, Microsoft have been doing this sort of thing for fucking years…

Ok, back to the speculation of MGS5.  There are 5 games machines on the market at the moment, PS3, 360, Wii, PSP & DS.  Maybe it's a multiplatform MGS game.

I just hope it’s actually the letter S (highly unlikely as it uses the same style of numbering as with past games) and it stands for Snatcher…

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By thiago

I don't see a problem with exclusives as long as the companies invest in content. Sony invests in their own studios for producing great games. What does Microsoft do? Buy exclusivity.

The consumers wins with Sony, but not with Microsoft. If they are wiling to invest in their own studios or just publish someone elses games, then what is the problem with it?

Microsoft is the real villain, buying DLC for the GTA and other games for example without actually creating anything for the consumer.

MGS4 was developed for the PS3 because only the PS3 could deliver the cinematic experience Kojima desired. He doesn't care about the platform, but he is not lying when he says it could be done only on the PS3. If it was released for the 360 then it would need to be downgraded.

This advertising has absolutely nothing to do with MGS4, the fanboys are setting themselves up for disappointment, again. It seems to be MGS5, and it is hinting at Raiden.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Ineedaname

Also if they were to port it what do you think they'd do with all the apple products in the game considering it'd be on a microsoft console?

Also Thiago, I don't think microsoft are the villain, they're giving people an incentive to buy their console with most people knowing they're going to get more than the game currently has on disk in the future, Jeff's said it before Sony are scared to open their wallet they've let alot of series go onto both consoles instead of keeping them exclusive, I've got both consoles but if I'd looked at a comparison of both and how much I'll be getting out of a game I'd probably have chosen the Xbox knowing they actually have support for future dlc.

Maybe it will be a chapter based on where Raiden had been.
Go to 3:04 in that video I'm pretty sure that's the exact same sound as in that flash thing. 

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By thiago
Ineedaname said:
Also if they were to port it what do you think they'd do with all the apple products in the ... [more]

Microsoft is anti-consumer because it doesn't create anything of value for the customer, but just buy exclusivity. With Sony we see games like Uncharted, Killzone 2 or Infamous.

That's the difference. With Microsoft everybody loses, with Sony the consumer wins.
SuperSirMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By SuperSirMan

five countdowns. That could be S.   Snake is five letters.    S-N-A-K-E.
Just saying. Dont know if it means anything. But then nobody does.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By get2sammyb
Ineedaname said:
Also if they were to port it what do you think they'd do with all the apple products in the ... [more]
Yeah, and you're right, that's fair enough. Why would you buy GTA on PS3 if you have an XBOX and you know XBOX has the DLC.

But would you rather have GTA DLC or Uncharted, Killzone and God Of War? Go figure.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Ineedaname
@thiago: It may not create anything of value for anyone who doesn't own an xbox, but for those that do, it does, major value. If you don't own a 360 then fair enough but you can't deny in them doing what they do it at least brings titles to their console one way or another. So for it's xbox owners it very pro-consumer, and when the new one eventually comes out 360 owners can assume they'll do the same and get a good service and stick with the opinion that they're pro-consumer.

@get2sammyb: I also like Mass effect the halo and gears of war series. I also dabble in Viva pinata from time to time. I also felt killzone was a little weak, I loved the first but the story to the second never got shipped with the game, not to mention it took me a while to get my head around the aiming system but by that time I'd completed it. I do still play some of the multiplayer but I prefer resistance 2's, I'm not having a dig at sony, I'm just saying maybe they'd get more sales if they'd spend a little to gain a lot. Oh and fable I'm playing through fable 2 at the moment.

dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#119  Edited By dprabon
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Ineedaname

(Also if you read the page source the keywords of the page all say MGS)

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By thiago
Ineedaname said:
@thiago: It may not create anything of value for anyone who doesn't own an xbox, but for those that do, ... [more]

It is not creating anything for anybody, because those products like GTA DLC would be done one way or another. The difference is that they are paying for others not to be able to play them. As simple as that.

Sony funds projects that create great games and the consumers win because then they have more choices.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#122  Edited By metal_mills

Lunar Knights was released in April 2007.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#123  Edited By sarahsdad

I'd rather have a whole new game instead of just the final game in a series. Maybe it's just me, but if they want to sell much copies, it'll be hard to get someone walking into a store to buy something that says MGS4 on 360 if they've never played the other MG and MGS games. Someone else made a good post that this could be a side story featuring some of the characters. It could be a whole stand-alone story with nods here and there to other games in the series for the more hardcore.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#124  Edited By jakob187

Well, if people really want to know what it is...just try to figure out how to get into http://konami.jp/cmn.  It's forbidden, and it's part of the source code for the page.  However, the .gif file it has linked is fully accessible.

So it would seem that there is something in the directory that they don't want people to see.  *wink wink hint hint*
Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Gruff182

5 is the amount of discs MGS4 is gonna have on the 360.

Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Hilbert

(removed qoute)

Then I think the game's new stealth mechanic will have something and everything to do with the weather then.
It could also be a substance version of MGS4 but I think kojima and his team know better than that, they won't fuck with us in a way that is harmful for their reputation.

Because he knows that if this isn't for MGS5, fans will put his Lifetime Achievement award somewhere where the sun doesn't shine. (and post it on youtube)
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ocdog45
@Gruff182:
LOL. thats true. xbl side scroller for the 360.
lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#128  Edited By lord_canti

just as a thougth that just came to me if u include the movies and the series to zone of the enders wouldent that be at 5 and there was something  not too long ago with kojima gadgeing interest in a new zone of the enders. zone of the enders  was one of my fave games and so was metal gear 2 so  if ether of them gets announced  it would be awsome but if it was mgs4 for xbox i would be indiferent and not really care ....maby when they do the achevements they will go back and add trophies thats the only way a 360 version would make me angry or happy lol

MasterChief360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By MasterChief360

I hope that would be Metal Gear Solid 5: Sword of Raiden, a.k.a, Metal Gear Raiden (I know it sounds silly).

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to post this, via kotaku:

get2sammyb said:
I know I'm going to get called a twat for this, but I love how seemingly the biggest announcement Microsoft ... [more]
http://kotaku.com/5263654/why-kojima-productions-copied-a-grindhouse-movie-site

Hurt a little bit of the theory around the Raiden/Rose thing I've heard but it's still probably the most likely.  Kojima's web design guys look like a bunch of unprofessional assholes after that though.  Directly copying someone else's work should always be frowned upon.
Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Hilbert

I think I'm going to listen to Europe - Its the final countdown.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#132  Edited By fillmoejoe

I think this is a new Boktai game.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By NathHaw

Only five hours left.  I can't help but think it's not going to be that exciting upon reveal and that the whole 5 thing was a viral ploy.  We'll see.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Otacon

Well it seems famitsu are teasing a new metal gear.

lolwot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By lolwot

deleted

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#136  Edited By bennym6

its probobly mgs 4 360 or metal gear raiden multiplatform

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab39e03e3e52
deactivated-5ab39e03e3e52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think its MGS5 with raiden or something, but i hope its MGS4 port to the 360

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By MrKlorox

http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxell011/archives/873791.html

edit: crap, did I break it?

Either way, Metal Gear Solid "The Orange" box? Is this an MGS Anthology? Or are they going Episodic?
lashrouxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By lashrouxed

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html

if you notice in the bottom right corner, the kojima production logo turns into a mask, which leads to this page

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mask/

what could it be :o

oh and the mask seems to actually update pretty fast!  its got chipped parts now!

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Media_Master

will this help mgs series to be on 360?