• 53 results
DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DonPixel

What do you think it`s gonna be the next JRPG power house for this generation ?
I think it`s early to call the shot rigth now, but what`s your guesses..  

My personal opinion:

-PS2: Last gen but still the indisputable king if you are a jrpg junkie like myself

-Xbox 360: Got to say, my favorite console so far this gen, not to expensive, great online, good exclusives and a few of good or regular JRPGs.. still I hardly see it ending as a JRPG king in the future due to it`s lack of Japanese sells.

-PS3: other than Valkyria Chronicles Im having problems on playing another good JRPG right now,  still it has Atlus support and it is a powerhouse in japan (Can`t wait for ps3 shin megami tensei)

-WIi: Im not really sure what to think about the Wii it is in a paradox position:  it`s biggest strenght has become it`s greatest weakness..  For example atlus and other japanese publisher still doing stuff for the ps2.. great install base, cheap development cost.  At glance the Wii it`s like the perfect console for niche games and creative development, yet publishers are making it the shovelware king this gen..   Im sure it`s gonna get some great jrpg in the upcoming years but still i don`t see it flourish like the ps2 did.

Beware!!: This is not a fanboy post, I own the 3 of them.. Im just want to read your speculations now that I`m bored at work.

Beware 2!: I`m not a native english speaker, sorry if there`s grammar mistakes there.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

Well, it's pretty obvious. The 360 is probably the best bet for both western and JRPG's. Their are also rumors concerning classic Square games coming to XBLA (but will also most likely come to PSN, although rumors don't suggest that). The PS3 doesn't have much beyond Valkyrie Chronicles, and both systems are getting FFXIII. If this is going to be like the other generations, then we're half-way done with this one. No need to worry about making "early calls". Even is you're a big Sin Megami Tensei fan, it's silly to buy a console for a single game or franchise.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

The DS, obviously. No joke, I am serious. But of those three, the 360. I don't see it any other way, really.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

360 for sure.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Wii is obviously picking up pace with things like Dragon Quest X, The Crystal Bearers and Tales of Graces, it just took a while to start up. There's probably the inevitable next Fire Emblem, Takt of Magic and Arc Rise Fantasia on top... A couple of these are pretty "megaton" type stuff for Japan which will ensure great fanbases fledging to it (if they don't have the system already) and future projects of the same type from other developers.

Personally I find some of this stuff some of the most exciting for this gen. The Crystal Bearers may not look as grand as FFXIII but that game appears to be super conventional Final Fantasy fare where this is one of Square-Enix's (if not Japan's, how many sandbox JRPGs are there?) most experimental and unique titles in the genre. Tact of Magic seems to expertly blend the RTS and JRPG genres, while Dragon Quest X will be nothing short of amazing, as usual. Tales of Graces looks beautiful and seems to have the best combat system in the franchise yet.

Edit: I forgot to mention some other games like Spectrobes: Origins and Monster Hunter 3 which, while not to everyone's tastes, probably attract fans who also like JRPG titles and therefor further expand the userbase and sales potential for that type of game. Heck, the Wii's the reason we get a Sakura Wars in the West for the first time. It probably won't sell all that much, but it's those few added sales that probably convinced them to bring it over, as opposed to when it was a PS2 exclusive.

For already released titles, there's too not much to go on (though there are a few notables titles like Little King's Story and Fire Emblem), but the landscape is most certainly changing to the Wii's favor when it comes to this genre, that much is clear enough.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Well the 360 is obviously the one who has the most at the time being.  Seeing as how FF13 and things like End of Eternity are multiplatform, it's obviously not going to be the wii.
As for looking into the future, you essentially have to cut it down to this---> Square-Enix is a multiplatform developer who will sometimes make 360 exclusives, Mistwalker is 360 exclusive, Level 5 is a multiplatform dev who prefers to make ps3 games, Namco Bandai prefers the 360 but is the most multiplatform dev of all of them.

As far as atlus goes, goes, call me crazy, but outside of shig megami tensei (fucked that name up) they kind of are meh.  Persona freaking rocks though.  I'd imagine they'll develop for the 360 and ps3 once they finally move over. 

As far as obscure titles no one notices except people grasping for games saying "we've got teh jrpgs" go, I'd say they're more or less equal. Talking about stuff like Spectral Force, Cross Edge, Zoids, Shi Kang Tensi, etc.  Mostly SRPGs, but not all. 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EpicSteve
Video_Game_King said:
"The DS, obviously. No joke, I am serious. But of those three, the 360. I don't see it any other way, really."
I forgot to mention that. Yes, DS is the best for JRPG's. All the classic Square games, also some cool remakes!
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
EpicSteve said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"The DS, obviously. No joke, I am serious. But of those three, the 360. I don't see it any other way, really."
I forgot to mention that. Yes, DS is the best for JRPG's. All the classic Square games, also some cool remakes! "
I disagree with the statement though.  I was almost about to pick up a DS but then realized something--- there's not a whole lot of non port/ remake rpgs on the DS as of now.  Not really too many.  Still a decent amount though.  But on consoles ther eare overall more original ones that come out.  Not to mention the fact that a console title is just better than a handheld one...
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
"EpicSteve said:
"Video_Game_King said:
I forgot to mention that. Yes, DS is the best for JRPG's. All the classic Square games, also some cool remakes! "
I disagree with the statement though.  I was almost about to pick up a DS but then realized something--- there's not a whole lot of non port/ remake rpgs on the DS as of now.  Not really too many.  Still a decent amount though.  But on consoles ther eare overall more original ones that come out.  Not to mention the fact that a console title is just better than a handheld one..."
Then what the hell's the case with the two Dragon Quest games and the one Fire Emblem on the DS?
DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DonPixel
EpicSteve said:
"Video_Game_King said:
Ya, i forgot about that.. DS is great for rpg, but still a portable.  I would pay the full fee for square enix remakes on the psn or xbox live.

PIcture this: Chrono Trigger remake + HD graphics facelift .. i want

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Video_Game_King said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"EpicSteve said:
"Video_Game_King said:
I disagree with the statement though.  I was almost about to pick up a DS but then realized something--- there's not a whole lot of non port/ remake rpgs on the DS as of now.  Not really too many.  Still a decent amount though.  But on consoles ther eare overall more original ones that come out.  Not to mention the fact that a console title is just better than a handheld one..."
Then what the hell's the case with the two Dragon Quest games and the one Fire Emblem on the DS?"
And consoles don't have more than 3 titles? 
Here's the question-- can you name 3 upcoming jrpgs for the ds that you're anticipating that aren't ports/remakes?  Can they top FF13, FFvs13, and End of Eternity?
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
And consoles don't have more than 3 titles?  Here's the question-- can you name 3 upcoming jrpgs for the ds that you're anticipating that aren't ports/remakes?  Can they top FF13, FFvs13, and End of Eternity?"
No, my point was "Where do portable remakes/ports of console games rank?"

(And for the record, the only games I anticipate are old school games that are already out. Right now, I'm hyping Tear Ring Saga and Dragon Warrior VII.)
RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RLLink
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"EpicSteve said:
"Video_Game_King said:
Then what the hell's the case with the two Dragon Quest games and the one Fire Emblem on the DS?"
And consoles don't have more than 3 titles?  Here's the question-- can you name 3 upcoming jrpgs for the ds that you're anticipating that aren't ports/remakes?  Can they top FF13, FFvs13, and End of Eternity?"
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Knights in the Nightmare, and Tales of Innocence.
=)
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EpicSteve

I think it's fair to say it's a good idea to own a DS, especially for JRRG fans. Although buying a console would provide more entertainment just with all it can do. Hopefully you can buy both, if not, go console. A 360 or PS3 can offer tons entertainment for you dollar. Now I feel like some company owes me money.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Stang

It is not fair to compare a DS release to the likes of FFXIII. But there are some good ones coming soon:

SMT Devil Survivor
Mario and Luigi 3
Dragon Quest IX
Tales of Hearts
Phantasy Star Zero

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

It's the fucking 360 for JRPGs..what else?  The funny thing is, I wonder if anyone ever plays them?  I don't hear a lot of people talking about them in this country...could be Japanese like them a lot & that's about it.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"It's the fucking 360 for JRPGs..what else?  The funny thing is, I wonder if anyone ever plays them?  I don't hear a lot of people talking about them in this country...could be Japanese like them a lot & that's about it."
I'd talk about them, but I'm not finished with Lost Odyssey yet.
DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DonPixel
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"It's the fucking 360 for JRPGs..what else?  The funny thing is, I wonder if anyone ever plays them?  I don't hear a lot of people talking about them in this country...could be Japanese like them a lot & that's about it."

JRPG is a niche market outside of japan, it has fans all over but probably they aren`t count by the millions, certainly not as popular as COD or Halo.
RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RLLink
Stang said:
"It is not fair to compare a DS release to the likes of FFXIII. But there are some good ones coming soon:Tales of Hearts"
Wait, Tales of Hearts is coming to the US of A?
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By JJOR64

For this generation of consoles?  I guess I would have to say Xbox 360.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Stang

I thought so RLLink, but I just looked at gamefaqs after you mentioned that and there is no US entry. Guess I am full of shit, or just a wishful thinker....probably both.

Sorry.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

At the moment it's the 360. Which is surprising considering the 360's lack of popularity in japan, but microsoft has been paying JRPG devs for them to try and get into the japanese market, and I don't see them stopping this strategy any time in the near future.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By REDRUN

If you want to have a more accurate assumption on which system is for the JRPG market, I say the PSP and coming in the clutch, the PS3. Sale for the PS3 in Japan still dominates the 360 and what is a JRPG that wasn't made in Japan? (cough X-Blades *cough!) Titles like Demon Soul, Final Fantasy versusXIII, and of course the Atlus faithful followers are seeing small attempts in moving the art style to the next-gen consoles.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Diamond
MattyFTM said:
"At the moment it's the 360. Which is surprising considering the 360's lack of popularity in japan, but microsoft has been paying JRPG devs for them to try and get into the japanese market, and I don't see them stopping this strategy any time in the near future."
360 has carved out a niche as an extremely hardcore system in Japan.  We think a big portion of our market is casual in the West, but Japan seems to be mostly casual gamers.  It's not just MS paying for them.

I think we'll see PS3 getting more support in Japan as time goes on, seeing how it's been outselling even Wii lately.

Still, handhelds are more than 50% of the Japanese games market these days, so DS and PSP will get support before 360, PS3, and Wii.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#25  Edited By LordAndrew

A backward-compatible PS3 is the only real answer. :P
But PS2 games aside, the Xbox 360 has a pretty decent JRPG library. And many of them are being ported to the PS3, so the PlayStation does have a good chance of becoming JRPG king again.
And of course the Wii, while not on the same level as the PS3 and Xbox 360, does have a respectable RPG selection as well, with more on the way.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By penguindust
LordAndrew said:
"A backward-compatible PS3 is the only real answer. :P
That was my first answer as well.  But, after the DS, oddly enough the 360 is currently your best bet for JRPGs.  It's strange because they aren't all that popular with what is perceived to be the demographic for the console. 
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
REDRUN said:
"If you want to have a more accurate assumption on which system is for the JRPG market, I say the PSP and coming in the clutch, the PS3. Sale for the PS3 in Japan still dominates the 360 and what is a JRPG that wasn't made in Japan? (cough X-Blades *cough!) Titles like Demon Soul, Final Fantasy versusXIII, and of course the Atlus faithful followers are seeing small attempts in moving the art style to the next-gen consoles."

Magna Carta.
And you know guys, JRPGs in general are really niche.  All these Atlus games aren't exactly selling too well.  DQ and FF, etc. are mass market as well as most big scale rpgs, but it's not as big as you think, going off sales data.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
"REDRUN said:
"If you want to have a more accurate assumption on which system is for the JRPG market, I say the PSP and coming in the clutch, the PS3. Sale for the PS3 in Japan still dominates the 360 and what is a JRPG that wasn't made in Japan? (cough X-Blades *cough!) Titles like Demon Soul, Final Fantasy versusXIII, and of course the Atlus faithful followers are seeing small attempts in moving the art style to the next-gen consoles."
Magna Carta. And you know guys, JRPGs in general are really niche.  All these Atlus games aren't exactly selling too well.  DQ and FF, etc. are mass market as well as most big scale rpgs, but it's not as big as you think, going off sales data. "
2 of the top 10 best selling series of all time are JRPGS, and Halo doesn't come in until 38. Grand Theft Auto is also below those two JRPGs (while still being in the top 10). (I'm just going off the numbers, and picked what I assumed was a massively popular game. Do not take it as anything else.)
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Manatassi
DonPixel said:
"What do you think it`s gonna be the next JRPG power house for this generation ? I think it`s early to call the shot rigth now, but what`s your guesses..   My personal opinion:-PS2: Last gen but still the indisputable king if you are a jrpg junkie like myself-Xbox 360: Got to say, my favorite console so far this gen, not to expensive, great online, good exclusives and a few of good or regular JRPGs.. still I hardly see it ending as a JRPG king in the future due to it`s lack of Japanese sells.-PS3: other than Valkyria Chronicles Im having problems on playing another good JRPG right now,  still it has Atlus support and it is a powerhouse in japan (Can`t wait for ps3 shin megami tensei)-WIi: Im not really sure what to think about the Wii it is in a paradox position:  it`s biggest strenght has become it`s greatest weakness..  For example atlus and other japanese publisher still doing stuff for the ps2.. great install base, cheap development cost.  At glance the Wii it`s like the perfect console for niche games and creative development, yet publishers are making it the shovelware king this gen..   Im sure it`s gonna get some great jrpg in the upcoming years but still i don`t see it flourish like the ps2 did.Beware!!: This is not a fanboy post, I own the 3 of them.. Im just want to read your speculations now that I`m bored at work.Beware 2!: I`m not a native english speaker, sorry if there`s grammar mistakes there. "

Dude dont worry about the native English speaking thing your grammar is better than most English speakers online anyway lol :P

I have to say surprisingly the 360 has placed itself as the console to get for JRPG's and Western RPG's this gen. Its pretty much the console of choice if you can only get one for any serious gamer this time round. I bought all 3 but find myself mostly playing the 360. Must say I'm impressed by Microsoft (this coming from an old Nintendo fanboy and an avid Mac / iPhone user.) something 6 years ago I never thought i would be saying! 

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By Willy105

There were few JRPG's for any home console until the 360 got a dozen of new JRPG's. As for the future, the Wii will be getting an influx of JRPG's similar to what the 360 experienced.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By keyhunter

I think JRPG's are really stupid, but I've bought all the ones I've come across for the 360 and apparently there's a lot of them.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Babble

The PS3 was supposed to have a bunch of stuff but right not it hasn't really panned out I guess. The 360 suprisingly has a bunch of JPRGs out on it right now, not that it's helping Japanese sales though.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By toowalrus
Video_Game_King said:
"And for the record, the only games I anticipate are old school games that are already out. Right now, I'm hyping Tear Ring Saga and Dragon Warrior VII."
That's one of the many reasons you AREN'T the Video Game King! (And for the record, that British guy from Destructoid is the Video Game King. He proved that on last weeks podcast)
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Video_Game_King
TooWalrus said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"And for the record, the only games I anticipate are old school games that are already out. Right now, I'm hyping Tear Ring Saga and Dragon Warrior VII."
That's one of the many reasons you AREN'T the Video Game King! (And for the record, that British guy from Destructoid is the Video Game King. He proved that on last weeks podcast)"
Apparently, you did not attend my coronation. It's OK, you weren't born then. And I am STILL the Video Game King. Always have been, and....I won't always be the Video Game King, but whatever. Oh, and here's one reason WHY I'm the Video Game King: I know where the Video Game Kingdom is.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LordAndrew

It's on the moon. You talk about it so often, how could we not know? You don't hear me talking about how I became a Lord, do you? No, of course not. I did a lot of things I'm not proud of and killed a lot of people to get where I am today.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Video_Game_King
LordAndrew said:
"It's on the moon. You talk about it so often, how could we not know? You don't hear me talking about how I became a Lord, do you? No, of course not. I did a lot of things I'm not proud of and killed a lot of people to get where I am today."
And yet no Fire Emblem for you. Because your game would not live up to Fire Emblem standards. Not even Langrisser standards.

Here's another question for you on my kingliness: what's the special thing with my crown and stuff?
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Red

I'm still playing PS2 and PS1 JRPGs. I'll probably pick up Lost Odyssey some time, but the PS2 still is the JRPG king.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By oldschool
Video_Game_King said:
Totally agree about the DS.  It is so far ahead, it will never be caught.

As for the home consoles, the 360 is clearly in front at this moment, which is why I got a 360.

However - long term, I am betting it will be between the Wii and PS3.  I would probably guess the Wii.  The 360 will gradually side as the developers see better opportunities elsewhere or at least, it won't get to many more exclusives unless it continues to keep the exclusive chequebook open.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LordAndrew
Video_Game_King said:
"LordAndrew said:
"It's on the moon. You talk about it so often, how could we not know? You don't hear me talking about how I became a Lord, do you? No, of course not. I did a lot of things I'm not proud of and killed a lot of people to get where I am today."
And yet no Fire Emblem for you. Because your game would not live up to Fire Emblem standards. Not even Langrisser standards.

Here's another question for you on my kingliness: what's the special thing with my crown and stuff?"
Wait, what are you going on about now? I have a game?
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Video_Game_King
LordAndrew said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"LordAndrew said:

Here's another question for you on my kingliness: what's the special thing with my crown and stuff?"
Wait, what are you going on about now? I have a game?"
No, because you are not good enough for one. DO YOU NOT READ, MILORD!? :P
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Black_Rose

DS>360>PSP>Wii>PS3

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#42  Edited By AgentJ
SmugDarkLoser said:
"EpicSteve said:
"Video_Game_King said:
Jesus Christ Smug. "not a whole lot of non port/remake rpgs"? Compared to the number of original RPGS, there are barely any remakes! Obviously the Final Fantasies, Chrono Trigger,  and Dragon Quests get a lot of attention, but your whole statement stinks to high hell.
The following are just the ones that haven't come out yet. 

Kingdom Hearts
Dragon Quest IX
Blood of Bahamut
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
Knights in the Knightmare
Sands Of Destruction
Phantasy Star Zero
Shining Force Feather
Shiren The Wanderer 2
Infinite Space
7th Dragon
Witches Tale
Winds of Nostalgio

If you want me to give you a list of the RPGS already out for the DS, just ask

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Video_Game_King
Black_Rose said:
"DS>360>PSP>Wii>PS3"
Yea, that seems accurate.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#44  Edited By AgentJ
Video_Game_King said:
"Black_Rose said:
"DS>360>PSP>Wii>PS3"
Yea, that seems accurate."
I would agree, though frankly the PSPs lineup shouldn't be that high. Just shows how bad the Wii and PS3 are hurting right now for RPGs
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By oldschool
AgentJ said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"Black_Rose said:
"DS>360>PSP>Wii>PS3"
Yea, that seems accurate."
I would agree, though frankly the PSPs lineup shouldn't be that high. Just shows how bad the Wii and PS3 are hurting right now for RPGs
"
Agreed.  The only reason I even own a PSP is for the RPG, but I rather play them on the DS.
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By Luke

XBOX360 :p 

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By the8bitNacho

Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey and Star Ocean: The Last Hope were all very, very lackluster.

Only Tales of Vesperia holds up as a decent enough JRPG on the 360.  Aside from Final Fantasy XIII, the Tales series, and the constant stream of DS remakes and ports, the JRPG genre seems to be dying a slow, painful death.

Swish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Swish

The ps3 probably has the most potential in jrpg's as you won't need 4 dvd's to play a single game, but basically jrpg's are mircosoft's entire marketing plan towards japan. So I can't see them letting hold of the jrpg leash and will most likely continue exclusivity of the majority of titles for the sheer purpose of defining itself as the place to find that genre. If it gets to a point where the ps3 actually begins throwing its weight into the circle I wouldn't be surprised if mircosoft purchased some of the studio and made them first party developers. I'm sure they would have already done that with square if they had the money... and then sell the use of ip's to nintendo for the ds.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LordAndrew
AgentJ said:
"Dark Spire
My World, My Way
Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Frontier"
Those three are already out. In fact, My World My Way has been out since February.

Note to self: When correcting someone, make sure you don't screw up yourself.
DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DonPixel
Kombat said:
"Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey and Star Ocean: The Last Hope were all very, very lackluster.Only Tales of Vesperia holds up as a decent enough JRPG on the 360.  Aside from Final Fantasy XIII, the Tales series, and the constant stream of DS remakes and ports, the JRPG genre seems to be dying a slow, painful death."
In west probably, but i dont think it`s going anywhere soon in Asia.

At the end i think the genre is evolving in  a mix betewn WRPG and JRPG.