• 107 results
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thiago

Yes, they are. Not only because of the disregard for any notion of quality in their products, but also for their practices. They are not interested in developing products that you might want to buy, thus increasing your choices, but instead paying for others not to be able to play games.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

The Xbox console itself is the only iffy product I've ever bought from Microsoft. Their controllers, all the accessories, and so on are all great products. On top of that, they clearly do develop products that I want to buy. Because I buy them.

Get out of here.
daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daz0608
thiago said:
Yes, they are. Not only because of the disregard for any notion of quality in their products, but also for ... [more]
Apart from, obviously,  their hardware, I find their software (as in games) and Xbox Live quality products
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

Sony just made it so Europeans and aussies cant play ghostbusters for a while apart from on PS3. That isnt consumer friendly.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience I have with their products to be possessive of a high level of quality. In general, I'm glad when they pay extra for a console exclusive because when developers focus on one console (or company, given M$'s rule over PC and 360) the game tends to be a much tighter, better-developed experience, and until the One Hardware-standard Future rolls around, this is the next best solution for top-tier games. My choices are not limited by this because I have the personal capital to fund my gaming hobby across multiple platforms.

Please try and troll me. I love it when you try and troll me.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Thiago:Every single product ever made by microsoft in this or any universe has sucked it hasn't ever worked, it breaks upon day one....

Yet seemingly millions *near billions* continue to use their products.
360,Original xbox, Windows OS, Computer accessories, Compression algorythms, Office programs....

OH GOD JAYGE! its a fucking conspiracy! microsoft is controlling our minds! some how they have programmed us to buy their products and believe they actually work, when we sit infront of our 360s the tv isn't even on when we're playing its all in our minds! OH GOD! MICROSOFT IS THE FUCKING MATRIX!!!!! We're not actually on this forum talking on an microsoft OS we just THINK we are....*cries*

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
WilliamRLBaker said:
Thiago:Every single product ever made by microsoft in this or any universe has sucked it hasn't ever worked, it breaks ... [more]
Lack of options will force a dehydrated man to drink his own piss.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

Only a few things that Microsoft does is a complete rip-off (512mb memory cards for $50, wireless adapter for $100, etc), but other than that they're just like any other business.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By roofy

microsoft is not a hardware company,

their strengths lie withing the intellectual capital that rests within the buildings in redmond.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
WilliamRLBaker said:
Thiago:Every single product ever made by microsoft in this or any universe has sucked it hasn't ever worked, it breaks ... [more]
Then... the people... in my head... all along... OH GOD.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
roofy said:
microsoft is not a hardware company,their strengths lie withing the intellectual capital that rests within the buildings in redmond. [more]
False actually their mice, and keyboards are totally choice rivalling any thing out of logitech, and quite a few of their wireless products for the pc and wireless bridges are choice, the original xbox was an amazing machine far better in specs then the ps2 and more reliable then the ps2 the 360 is the only hardware out of microsoft that has totally blown in terms of reliability.
Arkthemaniac said:
WilliamRLBaker said: Thiago:Every single product ever made by microsoft in this or any universe has sucked it hasn't ever worked, ... [more]
because microsofts products are piss? are lowlier then other products right?
Drinking your own piss can save you when your dehydrated but bar you living on fucking mars *get your fucking ass to mars* you are going to have sufficient sources available of water that can sustain you if you know what your doing or hell even if you dont know what your doing.

go get a mac, Go get a Linux machine but either one isn't going to be as good as a windows OS.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VWGTI
Jayge_ said:
WilliamRLBaker said: Thiago:Every single product ever made by microsoft in this or any universe has sucked it hasn't ever worked, ... [more]
lol
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CL60

I bet thiago uses Windows.... xD

And btw, here is another example of thiago being a retarded fanboy and a troll.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
CL60 said:
I bet thiago uses Windows.... xDAnd btw, here is another example of thiago being a retarded fanboy and a troll. [more]
hes not! hes opened all of our eyes! thiago is fucking Morpheius man! we can finally escape the microsoftix! they will no longer control our minds making us buy empty cardboard boxes with no discs or products in them as we sit and play stuff that isn't really there!
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac
WilliamRLBaker said:
roofy said: microsoft is not a hardware company,their strengths lie withing the intellectual capital that rests within the buildings in ... [more]
Yeah, cuz deserts don't exist.

Microsoft has made shitty products. Vista and the 360 are examples of things that are subpar either in efficiency or pure quality. I don't hate them, though. I just know that while they have made awesome stuff, they've also made shitty stuff.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By TheHBK

Xbox Live, Controller (d-pad sucks but still better than the PS3), ease of use and slickness of the NXE, exclusive games, i dont know what your problem is but MS has come into the gaming space strong, except for the xbox failures. Still, the PS3 has so many quirks it can be frustrating.  Have to install demos....wtf?  Or that the network connection would be dropped constantly if i didnt turn off the file sharing function.  Weird...

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By roofy
@WilliamRLBaker: what i meant by my statement is not that microsoft hardware is bad but rather their software is what they are best at. my zune is a tank and can/has taken a beating but the reason i love it is because of the software that came with it. works really well with my 360 and their social program keeps it alive with recommendations based on my listening history. sure it might be the little retarded brother of Last or pandora but it still finds me a gem on occasion
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PureRok

Your mom is anti-consumer!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Arkthemaniac said:
WilliamRLBaker said: roofy said: microsoft is not a hardware company,their strengths lie withing the intellectual capital that rests within the ... [more]

Even in a desert water can be found, Desert does not define the absence of any moisture it defines a dry place, If you know where to look then you can find loads of water in the desert.

360 Is only subpar in reliablity of hardware otherwise its specs are capable of just as much as ps3, and Vista is not shitty either i've been using it for about 3 or so years now and i've never had a problem with it being slow, or having low compatibility every thing i've thrown at it has worked fine hardware and software.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CL60
PureRok said:
Your mom is anti-consumer!
This man speaks the truth.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thiago
roofy said:
microsoft is not a hardware company,their strengths lie withing the intellectual capital that rests within the buildings in redmond. [more]

What games have they created or funded its creation? The only capital that they seem to have is the one they use to buy exclusivity.

If they were actually developing games and other products, then that would be ok. But simply bribing the industry for not releasing their products on other platforms, when there's no reason for it, is just ridiculous, and anti-consumer.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CL60
thiago said:
roofy said: microsoft is not a hardware company,their strengths lie withing the intellectual capital that rests within the buildings in ... [more]
Nobody takes you seriously thiago, just leave or just stop talking...with every post you make yourself look even more moronic and it is blatantly obvious you are a troll.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Bar the 360, every Microsoft product I have bought has been at least decent, don't know what you're complaining about.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thiago
Jayge said:
I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience I have with their products to be possessive of a ... [more]

That's illogical. For example, GTA IV DLC. The game had been developed already for the PS3 and PC. The extra content would be nothing new technologically speaking. So what "tighter, better developed" is that?

If you look for tighter better developed experiences then none of the companies bribed by Microsoft delivered it. They just delivered more of the same.

On the other hand, Sony funded projects or published games that are really impressive, both from the technological perspective and gameplay perspective. They aren't buying exclusivity, but actually creating products and intellectual capital people might be interested in.

Sony increases our choices, Microsoft prevents people who aren't willing to put up with their crappy hardware and experience (the 360 interface is a marketing channel directly to you, in other words, you don't own your machine) from having choices.
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By roofy
thiago said:
if you really think microsoft hasnt been involved in the development of the games then take a look at the list on the MGS wiki
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I saw you post in the Metal Gear thread I was going to respond, but I deleted my response post because it was pointless.  I've never seen a more determined fanboy.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Nobody should every listen to thiago

hes a horrible troll 
Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Warihay

You're wrong. Microsoft is a profit based company that is trying to promote their brands. Like every other company.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thiago
Oriental_Jams said:
Bar the 360, every Microsoft product I have bought has been at least decent, don't know what you're complaining about. [more]

Well you must be under 15 then. Microsoft has a long history of releasing broken products, the 360 is just another one of them.

For example, Windows was a piece of crap since its creation. It took them almost 15 years to make it usable with the XP. There are still Blue Screens of Death on Windows Vista, but they are far less frequent then it used to be. If you used Windows 98 for example, for 8 hours a crash would usually occur.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By DJ_Lae

Please don't feed the troll.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By albedos_shadow

Move along, people, move along.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Snail

I think there are enough threads about this on Giant Bomb. Not long ago I posted on one very similar to this one, I am certain.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Oriental_Jams
thiago said:
Oriental_Jams said: Bar the 360, every Microsoft product I have bought has been at least decent, don't know what you're ... [more]
Nah, just haven't bought many Microsoft products, I'm a Mac kinda guy ^__^, non-conformist in a conformist kinda way.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By thiago
Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
When I saw you post in the Metal Gear thread I was going to respond, but I deleted my response ... [more]
This is not fanboyism, it is the truth.

But why are you so defensive. Can't you use this thing called "reason" to articulate a response based on intelligible sentences so the rest of us can understand your point of view? Fanboyism is the responses of many on this thread.
Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Warihay
thiago said:
Oriental_Jams said: Bar the 360, every Microsoft product I have bought has been at least decent, don't know what you're ... [more]
They were also among the first to invent a graphics based UI and took the huge leap of hoping Bill Gates vision would be right. Now they are a market leader and have dominant market share for their OS. Things only get better through time and trial.  Seems like your here to just start a fight.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jayge_
thiago said:
Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience I have with their products to be possessive ... [more]
It's not illogical. It's one of the clear benefits of exclusive games. You can't deny that simply because Microsoft also tends to money-hat exclusive DLC. Sony is no different from Microsoft in terms of how the deal in exclusives- they buy some of them and they develop others internally. Sony's first-party developers haven't created anything that tipped the balance towards them in regards to the actual quality of the exclusives. The only real metric you can use to judge that would be an aggregate like Metacritic, and even those numbers are skewed by their flawed implementation of score-scaling. Your subjective opinion that they produce games that are more technologically and interactively impressive titles doesn't make for fact or a good argument without more than your usual troll's volume of "lolz killzone 2 is the best shooter ever lolz microsuck sucks omg omg omg" shit-spewing. That last sentence, by the way, was gibberish. If you could re-write it using proper grammar that would be great.

Overall, 3/10. I've seen better trolling attempts, even from you. Please try harder next time? :3
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thiago
roofy said:
thiago said: roofy said: microsoft is not a hardware company,their strengths lie withing the intellectual capital that rests within the ... [more]

Of some, they have. But they have closed first party studios and canceled series like Flight Simulator. So I take that they aren't investing as much as they used to and are focusing on bribing of companies for not releasing their products on other platforms.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jayge_

Jesus people. Don't just ignore Thiago. He's one of the funniest people on these forums. He almost makes you believe that he IS this stupid. Don't be such sticks-in-the-mud.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thiago
Warihay said:
thiago said: Oriental_Jams said: Bar the 360, every Microsoft product I have bought has been at least decent, don't know ... [more]

No, the GUI was invented by Xerox and made mainstream by Apple. Microsoft had absolutely nothing to do with. Steve Jobs was the guy with the vision.

After the GUI was clearly established to be the future is when Microsoft started developing Windows, and Windows was much crappier than everything else for a  long time.

All I am saying is, Microsoft actions are anti-consumer and is in our best interest as gamers to acknowledge the truth and act accordingly.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By thiago
Jayge_ said:
thiago said: Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience I have with their products to ... [more]

I have presented nothing but reason. But you are unable to cope with the truth.

This thread has nothing to do with opinions about certain games, but with Microsoft`s practices that are not in gamers' best interest. Even if you hate Uncharted or Killzone 2, at least you have the option of playing them or not. Sony is not preventing from playing anything else, but Microsoft does prevent you from playing certain games.

Sony doesn't have the same practices. I think the way their first or second party studios work is the best for the gamers.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jayge_
thiago said:
Jayge_ said: thiago said: Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience I have with their ... [more]
What? I can't play Uncharted or Killzone 2 on my 360. What makes that any different than not being able to play Banjo: Nuts and Bolts or Halo 3 on a Playstation 3? What about the Europeans who can't play Ghostbusters unless they import it, or perhaps never at all if Atari doesn't publish it in Europe? Sony does the same things as Microsoft. You haven't presented reason at all; you've provided rampant idiocy disguised as reason.

2/10 for obvious rebuttal. Please try again.
mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By mattbodega
thiago said:
Jayge_ said: thiago said: Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience I have with their ... [more]
Sony just announced that they are going to be the publisher of Ghostbusters in Europe, so it's only coming out on the PS2, PS3 and PSP in Europe. It's still coming out on the 360 and Wii in the U.S. Sony is paying money to keep you from playing Ghostbusters on any platform but the PS3 in Europe.

These hardware makers don't care about you. They want your money. Don't label any corporate entity as a "good guy".
Epic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By Epic1990

I'm gonna play my Xbox and like it.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Jayge_ said:
thiago said: Jayge_ said: thiago said: Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience I have ... [more]
And the Troll slaying award goes to 
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thiago
Jayge_ said:
thiago said: Jayge_ said: thiago said: Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience I have ... [more]

Because those titles were funded by Sony, so it makes sense that they run on Sony's hardware. It is different from paying some third party not to released its product in other platforms. In Microsoft's case they aren't creating anything, just manipulating the market to restrict people's options without actually delivering anything of value.

The Ghostusters case was already clarified. Atari would be no more in Europe, so Sony decided to act. It was a special case, different from all others.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thiago
MattBodega said:
The Ghostusters case was already clarified. Atari would be no more in Europe, so Sony decided to act. It was a special case, different from all others.

They are companies, yes, but if I am going to spend my money on something then I would rather buy the best products and from the company that is not acting against my interests, i.e., playing games. If you create options then that's a good thing, to restrict options is not a good thing, strictly speaking from a consumer point of view of course.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jayge_
thiago said:
Jayge said: thiago said: Jayge said: thiago said: Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience ... [more]
Microsoft creates many first-party titles, and their second-party titles *are* funded by Microsoft. What do you think the money-hatting goes towards? Burrito Hour every Wednesday at Epic's cafeteria? If you guarantee the cost (or subsidy of the cost) of the game or DLC plus the projected profits from the competitor and a little bit more on top, the developer will sign on and make their game exclusive. It's not a hard concept, nor does it restrict anybody's opinions (unless not being able to afford it and play it to form a real opinion counts, although Sony commits that "crime" too). As for the Europe-Ghostbuster's thing- show me one shred of proof that backs that up. 

Edit: 1/10. You're degenerating as your replies go on. This one was too stupid.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#48  Edited By AgentJ
thiago said:
Jayge_ said: thiago said: Jayge_ said: thiago said: Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive the experience ... [more]
lol. That is the only response required.
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By roofy
Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
When I saw you post in the Metal Gear thread I was going to respond, but I deleted my response ... [more]
funniest thing is that you didnt even bother to click on the link.
MGS is also an abbreviation for Microsoft Games Studios.

how in any way shape or form was i being a "determined fanboy"?
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jayge_
AgentJ said:
thiago said: Jayge_ said: thiago said: Jayge_ said: thiago said: Jayge said: I want to buy their products. I perceive ... [more]
Feel free to join the fun if you think you can without getting enraged, Agent. It really is quite hilarious.