#1  Edited By metal_mills
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Indeed. I heavily doubt it has anything to do with gaming, though.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

fanboys are FUCKED, they wont know what to do

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Rhaknar said:
Sure. Xbots and Playslaves will finally come together to destroy the real enemy: Nintendo fanboys.
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By coakroach

Microsoft X Sony for charity? 
Think about it.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FritzDude

I'm confused.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By yetiantics

Worlds are colliding, prepare for impact.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dbz1995
@Rhaknar said:
Are you mad, son? We'll just join Sega.
 Hopefully it's like Super Smash Bros. but with both Sony and Microsoft characters. And Goku.
Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Portis

They own over 45,000 domain names. I bet you could find some other weird ones in there that you could read way too much into, but ultimately mean absolutely nothing.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheDoorman

I would actually love this, but this would never happen cause that would create a monopoly. And antitrust laws would rip that partnership apart instantly.

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By bslayer

sony does have licensing deals with microsoft for pc's. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@PantyshotMQN said:

Worlds are colliding, 

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jack268
bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bslayer
@Jack268: exactly
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By beargirl1

the war has begun 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@TheDoorman said:
I would actually love this, but this would never happen cause that would create a monopoly. And antitrust laws would rip that partnership apart instantly.
What do you mean? I don't think Microsoft registered those two sites for shits and giggles.
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By endless_void

fuckin weird....

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mnzy

They have many fields of overlapping business. Phones, consoles, laptops and that whole media-cloud-something. I wouldn't count on that having any meaning for gamers.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jimbo

It's the only way to counter the mighty Wii U.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Skald

@Portis said:

They own over 45,000 domain names. I bet you could find some other weird ones in there that you could read way too much into, but ultimately mean absolutely nothing.

When you have a billion billion dollars, it doesn't hurt to remove some of the craziest domains from circulation. That, and rumour is good for their business anyway.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's not going to be related to gaming. Perhaps with Windows 8 MS are taking a slightly more Apple like approach to hardware and they're releasing a line of official Microsoft hardware in collaboration with Sony. Or maybe it's a deal between them & Sony Ericsson that is Windows Phone 7 related. Or maybe Microsoft want to do an Apple TV like service in collaboration with Sony. Or building an Apple TV like service directly into a TV set. I dunno. The possibilities are endless. MS and Sony are all giant companies with so many different products and services. Maybe they're moving into a new market together. Maybe they're launching a fast food restaurant together. All totally plausible explanations. Far more plausible than MS and Sony doing anything together on the gaming front, anyway.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By N7

Whoever wins, we lose.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Solh0und

Maybe we'll get a Sony X Microsoft game?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dany

You win or you die.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheDoorman
@FluxWaveZ: The merging of those two companies would create a monopoly, two big entertainment giants coming together would eliminate competition. There are laws  in the US that would stop these companies from merging, called anti-trust acts. 

However on a side note, if mircosoft and sony were to make a console together I think that would be epic.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iam3green

that is crazy, probably means nothing in the end.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@TheDoorman: Oh, I was confused and didn't realise you were specifically talking about a one-console kind of thing. I just meant that a Microsoft and Sony cooperation (not related to gaming, I don't think) is to be expected because I don't think Microsoft would have registered those sites for nothing.
drugged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By drugged

Surely though microsoft-sony.com and sony-microsoft.com are far too big and obnoxious to me something small and meaningless.

It's not like sony.com/microsoft, where you'd just assume it's something to do with Windows products on sony hardware - a whole 'new' and seperate website signifies something big... surely?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jack268
@drugged said:

Surely though microsoft-sony.com and sony-microsoft.com are far too big and obnoxious to me something small and meaningless.

It's not like sony.com/microsoft, where you'd just assume it's something to do with Windows products on sony hardware - a whole 'new' and seperate website signifies something big... surely?

With so much money in the bank I'm sure they can create new mini sites for stuff like that..
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gizmo

Blu-Ray drive on the Nextbox.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#31  Edited By zidd
defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By defaultprophet

Gotta be bluray player in the next gen 360 right? And.....cross platform MP maybe?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I'm certainly curious. They are both aiming for greatness on the console and software market, but are so different in their knowledge and experiences. It would be very intelligent of them to build on some form of collaboration.

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Badhands

I hope to god they just release one console...... that way I wont have to buy two god damn systems for exclusives, and what ever it is will have blu ray. Please let that be the case.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By neoepoch

@MattyFTM: I would eat at the Microsony. I hear that their Gears of Fortune fries are to die for.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By willin

Fighting game please.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Devil240Z

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Rhaknar said:
Sure. Xbots and Playslaves will finally come together to destroy the real enemy: Nintendo fanboys.

Playslaves? thats a new one. I thought we were known as the sony defense force.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dany

First reaction is this could be some huge news but I doubt anything is going to emerge, no rumors or rumblings on any collaberation except they both are striving for a 2014 new console launch

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

VAIO.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

X Playboxstation 724

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kingzetta

So in one version Kaz Hari will play like Street Fighter and in the other he'll play like Tekken?

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By williamhenry

@Badhands said:

I hope to god they just release one console...... that way I wont have to buy two god damn systems for exclusives, and what ever it is will have blu ray. Please let that be the case.

That would be terrible. If theres no competition, it stifles creativity. If all that exists are shitty, cheap games, thats all you'll be able to buy. If theres no one competing, then theres no incentive to make anything good. It also will lead to price hikes for everything. If no one else is out there to keep your prices fair, you can charge whatever you want.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@DivineCC: Actually, a console merger between the two companies would affect the qualities of the games very little. People won't start buying crap games just because Sony and Microsoft have a single console, the AAA games will still appear on the top of sales charts and the lower quality games still wouldn't sell as well. We're talking about hardware here, not software. If anything would lower in quality, it would be the actual console itself and not the games associated with it and, even in that scenario, Nintendo is still present and most probably innovating with their future consoles which would still incite competition.
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@FluxWaveZ said:
@DivineCC: Actually, a console merger between the two companies would affect the qualities of the games very little. People won't start buying crap games just because Sony and Microsoft have a single console, the AAA games will still appear on the top of sales charts and the lower quality games still wouldn't sell as well. We're talking about hardware here, not software. If anything would lower in quality, it would be the actual console itself and not the games associated with it and, even in that scenario, Nintendo is still present and most probably innovating with their future consoles which would still incite competition.

The best thing ever would just to make one 1000$ console instead of two $500 ones just to shut up the PC fanboys.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ said:

Sorry but that's just not true.

If gamers had the choice between a low quality game, or no game at all, what do you think they would choose? Competition is a good thing.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Khann said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

If gamers had the choice between a low quality game, or no game at all, what do you think they would choose? Competition is a good thing.

What about quality multiplatform titles? How comes those games are not affected currently even though they're available on both platforms, but in this hypothetical scenario they would disappear?
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Slaker117

@Khann said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

There would still be competition among third party publishers, which is a huge part of the market. First party development has lost a great deal of significance this generation.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By Marz

There is only one reality with this type of news.  The PlayBox

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great, unity is nigh 
we can all ditch this stupid console war thing from now on

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys do know Microsoft and Sony do more than just gaming right?

Sheesh.