Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

How exciting, right? Every day up until Christmas I will be revealing a game from my top 25 list, with number 1 being announced on Xmas day. I know you don't care, I don't care that you don't care. I probably won't be writing about the game, because I know the closer we get to Xmas, the less likely I'll be assed to write something up about each game each day.

The list so far:

25. Guitar Hero 2

24. LittleBigPlanet

23. GTA Franchise

22. SSX 3
21. Football Manager Franchise
20. Star Wars: Battlefront
19. First 3 Tomb Raider's
18. TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
17. Halo CE
16. Burnout Franchise
15. Call of Duty 4
#1 Edited by samcotts (2258 posts) -

How exciting, right? Every day up until Christmas I will be revealing a game from my top 25 list, with number 1 being announced on Xmas day. I know you don't care, I don't care that you don't care. I probably won't be writing about the game, because I know the closer we get to Xmas, the less likely I'll be assed to write something up about each game each day.

The list so far:

25. Guitar Hero 2

24. LittleBigPlanet

23. GTA Franchise

22. SSX 3
21. Football Manager Franchise
20. Star Wars: Battlefront
19. First 3 Tomb Raider's
18. TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
17. Halo CE
16. Burnout Franchise
15. Call of Duty 4
#2 Posted by Milkman (17199 posts) -

Is this top 25 all-time?

#3 Posted by RandomHero666 (3182 posts) -

I agree with Pleasureizmine

#4 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Is this top 25 all-time?"
Sure is.
Thinking up 25 games that I really enjoyed was actually more differcult that I thought it would be.
#5 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

Guitar Hero II can't possibly be the 25th greatest game of all time!  The 25th greatest game of all time is, obviously, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer on the NES! IT WAS MADE BY SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
RandomHero666 said:
"I agree with Pleasureizmine"
so do i..so do i
#7 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Guitar Hero II probably falls somewhere in my top 25 too

#8 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Number 24...

LittleBigPlanet

#9 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Seriously, LBP 24th?

Are you high or something?

#10 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

I don't care that you know I don't care about you not caring that I don't care

#11 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Why? This list isn't the best 25 games, simply the top 25 games I've had the most fun with, and LittleBigPlanet is the most refreshing gaming experience I've had in a while.

#12 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

I'm actually surprised that any game released this year could be considered in the top 25 of all time.

#13 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
TekZero said:
"I'm actually surprised that any game released this year could be considered in the top 25 of all time."
But then you're forgetting this is samcotts list not your list aren't you? And LittleBigPlanet is refreshing, innovative and polished enough to warrant such a placement on a Top 25. In my opinion at least.

As long as he puts Ocarina Of Time at number one I couldn't care less if Superman 64's his number two ;)
#14 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"TekZero said:
"I'm actually surprised that any game released this year could be considered in the top 25 of all time."
But then you're forgetting this is samcotts list not your list aren't you? And LittleBigPlanet is refreshing, innovative and polished enough to warrant such a placement on a Top 25. In my opinion at least.

As long as he puts Ocarina Of Time at number one I couldn't care less if Superman 64's his number two ;)"
Heh, and you are also forgetting who's list it is.  It's his list and while opinions differ,  I could agree that LBP or any game released this generation could be in a top 25.  I don't know, I don't even own a PS3. 
#15 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
TekZero said:
"get2sammyb said:
"TekZero said:

As long as he puts Ocarina Of Time at number one I couldn't care less if Superman 64's his number two ;)"
Heh, and you are also forgetting who's list it is.  It's his list and while opinions differ,  I could agree that LBP or any game released this generation could be in a top 25.  I don't know, I don't even own a PS3. "
lol the irony was unintentional! ;)
#16 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"TekZero said:

You are my hero :)

It just brings joy to my heart to see someone else out there who thinks OoT is number one.
#17 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Samcotts, you should really just edit your first post so that people won't have to eventually scroll through the pages just to see the games.

#18 Edited by samcotts (2258 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Samcotts, you should really just edit your first post so that people won't have to eventually scroll through the pages just to see the games."
Good idea.

Is it bad that I've never played Ocarina of Time? Haven't played FFVII either.
#19 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

23rd on my list is...

The Grand Theft Auto franchise

#20 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
samcotts said:
"23rd on my list is...
The Grand Theft Auto franchise

"
You kidding ....right ?  I thought GTA would be at least the 10th
#21 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Yeah! GTA IV! Now we are talking!  GHII and LBP aren't too shabby either ;)

#22 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -
samcotts said:
"Why? This list isn't the best 25 games, simply the top 25 games I've had the most fun with, and LittleBigPlanet is the most refreshing gaming experience I've had in a while."
I don't know why more people can't seem to absorb this statement.

Kudos, by the way, on including Guitar Hero II.  It's still my favorite of the Rhythm Games. 
#23 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

22nd place goes to...

SSX 3

#24 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I know you've all be waiting for this. Or probably not.

The Football Manager franchise

#25 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

20th

Star Wars: Battlefront

#26 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
samcotts said:
"I know you've all be waiting for this. Or probably not.
The Football Manager franchise

"
Dude you are high lol. 
I might try to put a top 25 list together, It's going to be hard tho. 
#27 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I LOVE Battlefront, though I wouldn't put in any where near my top 25.  It is your opinion, but still...I will wait to see what else you have here.

#28 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"I LOVE Battlefront, though I wouldn't put in any where near my top 25.  It is your opinion, but still...I will wait to see what else you have here."
I don't think many people will agree with my list up until the top ten, even then it's pretty unpredictable.
#29 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
samcotts said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"I LOVE Battlefront, though I wouldn't put in any where near my top 25.  It is your opinion, but still...I will wait to see what else you have here."
I don't think many people will agree with my list up until the top ten, even then it's pretty unpredictable."
It all depends on for how long you have been playing games, if you haven't you are probably going to get bashed by the old school dudes who want to see classics on evrey top anything list. If you have, it's still your opinion, we can't really disagree. 
#30 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I don't think that people think the classics always have to be at the top of these kinds of lists just because they're appealing to some sort of "golden age of video games" or such.  Just that it's not easy to judge a game's legacy within a year of its existence.

#31 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

19th

The first three Tomb Raider's

#32 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

18th

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

#33 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

17th

Halo CE

16th
The Burnout franchise

15th