Not just 2 weeks, 360 outsells Ps3 in JAPAN for the WHOLE Month !

Yoshi_trips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yoshi_trips

So after outselling the ps3 for 2 weeks straight in Japan, Outselling the Ps3 2 to 1 in the Uk and  Increasing the demand by 240%..............

360 does the Impossible, It out sells Sony by more than 20,000 UNITS in JAPAN in the month of september........in sony's so called backyard.........BITCH SLAP!!!!!!

"Microsoft sold 53,547 units of the Xbox 360 in the four weeks to September 28, compared with 33,071 units of the PS3, data from Enterbrain showed on Friday"

"There are those who said this day would never come, WHAT ARE THEY TO SAY NOW?"

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Keano

LMAO!!! And Sony cows said the 360 is dead in japan........a "dead" console just outsold the overpriced Blu-ray player in JAPAN. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rowr

never foresaw this.

Hats off to M$ for persistence.

I had thought the last 5 years trying to get this result  was wasted effort on their part.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By atejas

Clever pricing strategy+Host of JRPGs=sales

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Wow.. finally all the exclusive they bought are paying off.
Still this trend will end soon.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By KindGalaxy

The Xbox 360 60GB Pro model in Japan is 29800¥, the one with the 512MB Memory Card is 19800¥, the 160GB Elite model is 39800¥, in US dollars,
The 512MB Memory Card one is $188.26
The 60GB Pro is $283.34
The 160GB Elite is $378.42
If the Japanese consumer is a smart consumer and judging from their previous experiences and thoughts on the Microsoft Xbox line, one could infer that the majority of those 53547 models sold was the Memory Card version, these Japanese consumers are solely buying the Xbox 360 for the JRPGs, so say 80% of the models sold were the $188.26 one, 15% were the $283.34 one and 5% were the $378.42 one they made around 12,500,000 in income for the consoles sold, roughly. How much was the exclusive rights to games like Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon? Or even give money for Japanese Devs to develop not just for the PS3 but also the X360?
From a business standpoint, it has been a success, even if the outcome is 80,000 sold over a period of 6 months, that's over 18 Million US Dollars just in console sales, let alone publisher profits for the games themselves or any peripherals, and so; even if Microsoft spend 50 Million US Dollars on exclusive buyouts or development for their console, they will; over a period of a fiscal year, enjoy a decent profit and a larger-than-expected consumer base in a market that has been very difficult for them to get into. Good for them I say, this was great business.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

This is surprising, but i don't think it's that big of a deal. The only way for this to mean anything is if this trend continues, but if the 360 just goes back to way it sold every other month then no one will even remember this one exception. Either way, both systems got their asses handed to them by Nintendo once again...

Max_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Max_Chill

Owned

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dalai
Keano said:
"LMAO!!! And Sony cows said the 360 is dead in japan........a "dead" console just outsold the overpriced Blu-ray player in JAPAN. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Wait a second... did I stumble into System Wars here?

Anyway, I thought it was impossible for Microsoft to gain any ground, but a few big RPG releases and a price cut can change things in Japan.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK

the ownage. microsoft has it

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By KindGalaxy
Dalai said:
"Keano said:
"LMAO!!! And Sony cows said the 360 is dead in japan........a "dead" console just outsold the overpriced Blu-ray player in JAPAN. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Wait a second... did I stumble into System Wars here?

Anyway, I thought it was impossible for Microsoft to gain any ground, but a few big RPG releases and a price cut can change things in Japan."
Did I stumble upon Gamespot forums with a mention of System Wars, GiantBomb has no such forum, fucking retard.
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pibo47
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"Wow.. finally all the exclusive they bought are paying off.
Still this trend will end soon."
Ummm......How is this going to end soon? What does sony have besides like 5 games coming out? MS has quite a few games coming out aswell, its like your just pretending they dont exists.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422
Kush said:
"This is surprising, but i don't think it's that big of a deal. The only way for this to mean anything is if this trend continues, but if the 360 just goes back to way it sold every other month then no one will even remember this one exception. Either way, both systems got their asses handed to them by Nintendo once again..."
Exactly,  it'll slow back down once everyone has the few JRPGs they want the 360 for then this won't even be remembered ever existing. I'm sure it'll sell more verytime another popular JRPG comes out, then it will go back down for a while just like before.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate

Does this guy have nothing beter to do than post xbox sales updates?

Wait a minute

Are you bill gates??
CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CactusWolf
Yoshi_trips said:
""There are those who said this day would never come, WHAT ARE THEY TO SAY NOW?""
That you're an overwhelmingly annoying fanboy.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By brukaoru
OmegaPirate said:
"Does this guy have nothing beter to do than post xbox sales updates?"
Apparently not. This is going to get really old if he keeps posting threads like this.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422

Well keep expecting it because its every post hes ever created.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By OmegaPirate
pause422 said:
"Well keep expecting it because its every post hes ever created."
Hold on mate - you aint been '-4d' yet -wake up boys 
True what ye said tho! yarrr
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By atejas
pause422 said:
"Kush said:
"This is surprising, but i don't think it's that big of a deal. The only way for this to mean anything is if this trend continues, but if the 360 just goes back to way it sold every other month then no one will even remember this one exception. Either way, both systems got their asses handed to them by Nintendo once again..."
Exactly,  it'll slow back down once everyone has the few JRPGs they want the 360 for then this won't even be remembered ever existing. I'm sure it'll sell more verytime another popular JRPG comes out, then it will go back down for a while just like before."
Final Fantasy XIII+cheaper system says no.
After that, now.....
jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By jangofett88
atejas said:
"pause422 said:
"Kush said:
Exactly,  it'll slow back down once everyone has the few JRPGs they want the 360 for then this won't even be remembered ever existing. I'm sure it'll sell more verytime another popular JRPG comes out, then it will go back down for a while just like before."
Final Fantasy XIII+cheaper system says no.
After that, now.....
"
Final Fantasy XIII is still exclusive to PS3 in Japan.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rowr
Kush said:
I think its a big deal, the fact they are buying them sort of breaks the stigma of the 360 in japan. I can see sales continuing after this boom, if not to the same extent, at least stronger than they were beforehand.

Look at the dramatic difference in sales of the PSP in japan once it finally broke.
Max_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Max_Chill
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"Wow.. finally all the exclusive they bought are paying off.
Still this trend will end soon."
LMAO, cant wait for the Excuse for next month
Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Riddler
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Wow, yeah. The 360 is selling more than the PS3. I guess that means it's a better console.....OH WAIT, I FORGOT. Sales don't matter, right?

Hypocrites, step forward and speak.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Kazona

I'm not gonna get into the whole system wars vibe here, but I will commend Microsoft for their persitence and faith in the 360's future in Japan even when other people were certain it was doomed to fail in that country.

Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Shadow2K6

Who cares.  I don't live in Japan or have any stocks in MS.

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tmontana1004

Okay great. But no System Wars propaganda please.