Premium Members: Resubscribe or Unsubscribe?

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By SpaceRunaway

I'll be re-upping, for all the reasons described by everybody.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By WalkerD

Once they stop talking about sexism and the like on the bombcast maybe I'll subscribe. I can't handle this shit. Same reason I stopped following Kessler on Twitter.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I'm still holding out for more Load our Last Save and Random PC Game. I do enjoy being able to stream videos through MPC-HC though, so I'll probably renew.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#54  Edited By MightyDuck

@Bourbon_Warrior: Is there any specific notification that you receive when canceling? I did the same because I didn't want to auto-renewal but it didn't appear that there was an email notification or anything that it "took."

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By zeforgotten
@Baillie said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong in any way :p

You totally are, you asshole. Yeah, I probably have this idea in my head that the quality is decreasing, where it's really my interest in gaming right now has plummeted due to the slow season. The games that are coming out, along with the games they are covering just aren't interesting me in any way really, thus the Quick Looks, Podcasts, etc aren't doing anything for me.

C'mon games, COME OUT FASTER, HARDER AND BETTER.

WHAT! YOU MEAN YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT "FOOT"BALL?! NFL!? MADDEN!?   
You monster! 

Just to clarify, I couldn't care less about "Foot"ball and I'm just taking a stab at the pathetic excuses for "human beings" that are all over the comments for that Quick Look. 
You know, those people. 
The people who are not really sure if they just had sex with their mother, sister or if the woman was both their mother and sister. 
Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Slay3r1583

I'll be resubscribing. I continue to enjoy what the guys do and as such will continue to support them.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@MightyDuck: Cant remember I just said you are a premium member up until said date.

@Baillie: Thats being kind, their hasn't been a Endurance Run, Random PC games, remember when they just decided to play through Phatasmagoria one afternoon that was awesome.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Bane122

I've been silver for a while but if they have a deal on yearly subs I plan to upgrade.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By yoshimitz707

Premium Annual Member through Oct. 8, 2013.

I guess I'll worry about it then!

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#60  Edited By MightyDuck

@Bourbon_Warrior: Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By august

@WalkerD said:

Once they stop talking about sexism and the like on the bombcast maybe I'll subscribe. I can't handle this shit. Same reason I stopped following Kessler on Twitter.

I'm sure they'll jump right on that.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GJSmitty

I will, as long as a I have the money to spare, keep subscribing. Keep in mind, it's not just a way to get really great premium content (which, in my opinion, is still great), and HD videos, but also to support the awesome people making awesome content everyday.

Just think of Vinny, man. He has a child now.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@ZeForgotten said:

I'm one of the cheap ones(silver) so I'll subscribe again.
I love the free content too and I'm subscribing just because of that stuff and the Podcast. They could take all the premium stuff away and I would still pay for a subscription because I think it's worth it. Besides, 5 bucks is what you can find in a minute just walking around outside looking down.

This is just crazy talk. That money goes to CBSi now. They still get their paychecks without it. You have to earn a subscription especially on the internet where everything is free. Heres a crazy Idea 5.1 Podcasts for subscribers crazy right? But I would totally chuck on my 5.1 headphones and listen to it that way.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sungahymn

I'm too used to downloading the videos for view on my MP3, so I guess I'll resubscribe.

@Baillie said:

@Video_Game_King: Oh, did you get gifted it? I've seen that happen a whopping one time before!

What time are you talking about? I think I know what you're talking about.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MiniPato

@Baillie said:

I'd also like to say that it's not only the premium content drought that I am disappointed with, but I also feel as though all their content has taken a slight dip in quality, but I am assured that is purely due to lack of hardware, software and the staff's time. I just feel pretty unsatisfied right now, and that is the first time that has happened for well over 4 years now, and it's just like a really big come-down, you know?

Yeah, no video reviews, no TANG, no endurance run (although there's always a long hiatus between endurance runs so I'll let that one go), shorter TNTs, and ILMs no longer need to be edited since they are just shooting themselves talking around the office. With Alex and Patrick around you'd think they'd have more time and manpower to do more features. I cancelled my subscription back in the last Big Live Live Show and I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By WalkerD

@august: I'm not saying it's some kind of necessity. Like they have no business talking about it. I just don't want to hear about it. If they want to continue to parrot what the entire industry is saying, that's fine. I'm sure that's exactly what some people want to hear. But it's just not the Giantbomb I know and love. But then again maybe this website just isn't for me anymore. Enjoy being needlessly snide though, it suits you.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WesleyWyndam

I just signed up for the first time, so I'm good for a year.

I'd heard of this site before, but never bothered to check it out until a Giant Bombcast was linked to me a few months ago. Now I can't get enough! I've gone back and started listening to all the podcasts. I'm almost through with 2008. I didn't even care about premium content when signing up. I just wanted to support something I really like.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Draxyle

It seems almost silly not to re-subscribe. Even if it's a little slower, the value you get out of what you pay is beyond compare. The quality is definitely still there; some of GB's best work has been in the last few months alone (jeez I sound like a shill).

I'm definitely hoping for another sale this Thanksgiving. Last year was when I finally jumped on board and I never regretted it once.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Milkman

I'm already subscribed through 2013 so yeah, resubscribe.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Draxyle: What exactly? Their best times were during the old pc game quick looks and the first 2 Endurance Runs. I can't really think of any decent sub. content lately. I mean they don't even post stuff on the weekends. This is why we are all posting on the forums because their is nothing else to watch.

supercubedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By supercubedude

Never not subscribing. All I know is I want to pay for this site. I can't say that about any other site on the internet.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Draxyle said:

some of GB's best work has been in the last few months alone (jeez I sound like a shill).

Seriously?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By zeforgotten
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I'm one of the cheap ones(silver) so I'll subscribe again.
I love the free content too and I'm subscribing just because of that stuff and the Podcast. They could take all the premium stuff away and I would still pay for a subscription because I think it's worth it. Besides, 5 bucks is what you can find in a minute just walking around outside looking down.

This is just crazy talk. That money goes to CBSi now. They still get their paychecks without it. You have to earn a subscription especially on the internet where everything is free. Heres a crazy Idea 5.1 Podcasts for subscribers crazy right? But I would totally chuck on my 5.1 headphones and listen to it that way.

Why are you pitching your "crazy idea" to me, exactly? 

They earned my subscriber money by just creating good content overall. 
I'm happy with what they give me so spending 5 bucks on a subscription here or 5 bucks on absolutely-nothing-else-because-nothing-is-that-cheap-where-I-live is a pretty easy choice to make.  

It's to show support for the guys, that's why I'm doing it. 
I'm sure CBSi likes the money too but here's a crazy thing,. are you ready? Because you have to be really ready for this because it's just super crazy compared to your "crazy". 
I don't have a problem with CBSi :D 

OOH MY GOD! MIND BLOWN! RIGHT!? I KNOW! 
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By Baillie

@sungahymn said:

@Baillie said:

@Video_Game_King: Oh, did you get gifted it? I've seen that happen a whopping one time before!

What time are you talking about? I think I know what you're talking about.

I meant I had remember someone getting gifted a membership before, but you may torture me all you want, I have no idea who it was.

@WesleyWyndam said:

I just signed up for the first time, so I'm good for a year.

I'd heard of this site before, but never bothered to check it out until a Giant Bombcast was linked to me a few months ago. Now I can't get enough! I've gone back and started listening to all the podcasts. I'm almost through with 2008. I didn't even care about premium content when signing up. I just wanted to support something I really like.

You're a lucky man, I wish I was seeing all this content for the first time, I've been eating it all up for a whopping 54 months now. That's a pretty long time!

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By johncallahan

I'm not sure but I think I bought like two or three years of premium subscription. Whenever I do run out I'll be resubscribing though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The best period in Giant Bomb history was the last 6 months of the Whiskey Media office. October to March, I would've given 70, 80 dollars to keep that up. But I can't say I'm ready to pay 50 dollars a year for one video a week.

So much great content. It was the busiest time of the year, and yet they still found time to do multiple Jar Times, Breaking Brads, Load Our Last Save, Random PC Game, they did a Happy Hour, Nostalgiafest, SNES Party, Tricaster Party, Brad grinding through the Darkness, they did an Endurance Run of Chrono Trigger, they played through Phantasmagoria, the Vita launch stream remember the 3D0 TNT? I know they're capable of that and it just makes me feel like a crazy person that Jeff's time is being used on meetings (for WHAT?) instead of the content that has built them this loyal following.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I'm going to unsub. For some reason this site just isn't drawing my attention the way it did when it started. I feel like the guys are tired of their jobs and it's affecting my interest in their site. I'm sure they'll live without my subscription, especially since their under CBSi's thumb now. It sucks that Whiskey Media failed and I feel like its sites have lost their soul in the process.

I'm done with this "they're just settling in" excuse, it's been months, that no longer flies. Maybe it'll get better but right now I can't remember why I was so enthused about this site in the first place.

The crew is awesome but they're too familiar and their antics don't entertain me the way they used to.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By august

@WalkerD said:

@august: I'm not saying it's some kind of necessity. Like they have no business talking about it. I just don't want to hear about it. If they want to continue to parrot what the entire industry is saying, that's fine. I'm sure that's exactly what some people want to hear. But it's just not the Giantbomb I know and love. But then again maybe this website just isn't for me anymore. Enjoy being needlessly snide though, it suits you.

Thanks, I try to go above and beyond.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Draxyle

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Draxyle: What exactly? Their best times were during the old pc game quick looks and the first 2 Endurance Runs. I can't really think of any decent sub. content lately. I mean they don't even post stuff on the weekends. This is why we are all posting on the forums because their is nothing else to watch.

Flight Club alone has yielded some of the best moments around, and then there's the North Korea thing, and another SNES throwback, etc. They've been experimenting with new stuff too with Dave Fortress and the Olympics, for better or for worse. I do miss Random PC game too, but there's good reasons we haven't gotten that lately. Lets not forget that it was nothing but the Happy Hour only just a year ago.

Basically, it might be a little weaker, but not quite enough for me to cut them off of subscriber money. I'm still highly entertained by most of what they do, but that's just me.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Draxyle: Yes I will sign back up when their is something im interested in.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81  Edited By pr1mus

I'll probably unsubscribe come October, wait a few months, subscribe for a month and download all the premium content i missed that i'm interested in and unsubscribe again.

Paying to support them is a noble idea but i'm not exactly rich and i can't say i feel like i got my money's worth out of the content they put up since i subscribed last October.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#82  Edited By TheKing

Had an account since the site launched and been a premium member since the first BLLSL. Sadly though I canceled my membership just the other day, the quality of the content took a nosedive and I find myself hardly visiting anymore.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83  Edited By wrighteous86

They've done a lot for me personally that I will always be a subscriber.

Despite what you may have heard, these guys truly love their community.

Dead_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Dead_Cell

@Brodehouse said:

The best period in Giant Bomb history was the last 6 months of the Whiskey Media office. October to March, I would've given 70, 80 dollars to keep that up. But I can't say I'm ready to pay 50 dollars a year for one video a week.

So much great content. It was the busiest time of the year, and yet they still found time to do multiple Jar Times, Breaking Brads, Load Our Last Save, Random PC Game, they did a Happy Hour, Nostalgiafest, SNES Party, Tricaster Party, Brad grinding through the Darkness, they did an Endurance Run of Chrono Trigger, they played through Phantasmagoria, the Vita launch stream remember the 3D0 TNT? I know they're capable of that and it just makes me feel like a crazy person that Jeff's time is being used on meetings (for WHAT?) instead of the content that has built them this loyal following.

I agree! I l really enjoyed the WM coop segments and TNTs.

I love this site too much not to support it, but I'm anxiously awaiting the BLLSL to see what they have planned for the future.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Baillie

Hey, I'd like to thank everyone for not devolving this into a flame war. See, this community can be the very best.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#86  Edited By the8bitNacho

@CL60 said:

Mine was free, but I'm not resubbing. I would if they actually released content.

This. I love Giant Bomb, but they have been incredibly light on content the last few months.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Joeyoe31

I've been kind of low on money late. I'll switch to a monthly subscription or I'll end up unsubscribing all together.

shway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By shway

Ill stay sub, these guys provide so much random entertainment :P

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By onarum

well. I really don't know, when I subscribed the site was still a indie sort of deal, I felt that they needed backing plus there was a lot of great content for subscribers (namely random pc games).

But now I would just be giving money to a company that has enough already and the content difference from paying members to freeloaders is very small, there really is not much incentive to be a subscriber anymore.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By flasaltine

@Winsord said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Baillie said:

I'd also like to say that it's not only the premium content drought that I am disappointed with, but I also feel as though all their content has taken a slight dip in quality, but I am assured that is purely due to lack of hardware, software and the staff's time. I just feel pretty unsatisfied right now, and that is the first time that has happened for well over 4 years now, and it's just like a really big come-down, you know?

Only thing I don't like is that TNTs have gotten shorter. Other than that the quality of the content provided is up there with what they did even back before they had memberships. Sometimes more funny than informative and vice versa. Of course that's just how I see it, I'm not saying your opinion is wrong in any way :p

I feel pretty much the same way. The only exception there being TNT during certain weeks. It really depends on what game it is that they're playing for me. The Hybrid TNT felt like it was the right length for the kind of game it is, but last week's Mann vs. Machine TNT coudl've gone for another 50 minutes and I would've been happy. So TNTs in general being shorter I'm not a big fan of, but at least it's appropriate on occasion.

I was talking with the guy who ran the server. He was saying that when you vote to restart a match it crashes the server. Ryan did that and the server crashed.

Cabal57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Cabal57

I will defiantly be re-subbing again this year because i love everything this site has to offer.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92  Edited By Dalai

I think if I actually watched the premium content more often, I'd resubscribe. I just don't see the benefit this time around.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Barrock

I'm actually not too sure. I love the guys to death but it really seems like there's been a lack of premium content lately. I know they just did the Olympics thing but in my opinion it kind of sucked. Ryan button mashing while Brad surfs the web doesn't make for the best time. The games were pretty much all terrible, and the only funny moments were Vinny fucking around with the video. Bring back Random PC Game, Breaking Brads, and give Patrick his own thing to do. Feels like Quick Looks have slowed down quite a bit and Quick Look EX's are useless. TNT's have been hit or miss lately.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#94  Edited By winsord

@Flacracker: Ah, so that's why it crashed. My guess would've been that when trying to load the next map, the number of people spamming connection attempts to the server effectively just DDoS-ed it. That makes sense though, the feature was/is pretty buggy.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By zeforgotten
@Flacracker said:

@Winsord said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Baillie said:

Only thing I don't like is that TNTs have gotten shorter. Other than that the quality of the content provided is up there with what they did even back before they had memberships. Sometimes more funny than informative and vice versa. Of course that's just how I see it, I'm not saying your opinion is wrong in any way :p

I feel pretty much the same way. The only exception there being TNT during certain weeks. It really depends on what game it is that they're playing for me. The Hybrid TNT felt like it was the right length for the kind of game it is, but last week's Mann vs. Machine TNT coudl've gone for another 50 minutes and I would've been happy. So TNTs in general being shorter I'm not a big fan of, but at least it's appropriate on occasion.

I was talking with the guy who ran the server. He was saying that when you vote to restart a match it crashes the server. Ryan did that and the server crashed.

Shitty server or was the game just glitchy and needed a patch to fix that? 
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#96  Edited By beargirl1

i got my current sub for free, but i purchased a yearly code during Christmas, i think so i'm good for another year once this one runs out.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I just upped my subscription from monthly to yearly. The Dave Fortress stuff along with the Olmpic Games Olympiad made it clear they're trying to get some good stuff going so I'll continue to support them.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#98  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Resubbing until 1 of 2 things happens, The horrible day when there isn't an option to sub or I die.

NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#99  Edited By NickyDubz

Follow the money

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By flasaltine

@ZeForgotten said:

@Flacracker said:

@Winsord said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Baillie said:

Shitty server or was the game just glitchy and needed a patch to fix that?

I think it does it on valve servers too.