• 99 results
27thRed_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 27thRed_Martyr

I am as pissed off with the Game studios being sell outs with their called  "Exclusive Deals" or Bribery deals with MS, Maybe if we would boycott at least one game until the studio would give its word to not do it again. They might set as an example to other studios and make them know that we are sick of it. Its something that could work if we had a whole lot of people to cooperate. even if we only did this just once, it might just scare the developers to not accept any bribery of any kind from any company.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By damnboyadvance

Wait, how are we going to boycott a game that isn't on the PS3?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

good luck with your boycott

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob

Uh, your username is green. You're either a very strange troll or you're just a confused individual.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack268

No Caption Provided
I just buy exclusives for PS3 anyway, since the 360 version is almost always the superior version.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Three0neFive

It's not bribery, it's fucking business.

Stop acting like the games industry is a fucking schoolyard - "he wont let me play with his ball, so everyone should call hima poopoo head! that'll show that mean bad guy!"

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I see where your anger is coming from (not really)...but no. 

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kingzetta

You and your fever dream of a boycott can go to hell

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SomeJerk

Better off contacting their publisher with a CC of that mail going to the developer. It hurts gamers, it hurts their image, it only works in favor of the publisher and Microsoft, because two little birds told me there was more sales to be had in multiplatform than a forced exclusive. Individual sales = cash to devs. MS exclusive investment = better hope your cutesy little game sells really well on the one platform it's now been restricted to!

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By RVonE

YO I HEARD INTERNET BOYCOTTS ARE SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@MysteriousBob said:
" Uh, your username is green. You're either a very strange troll or you're just a confused individual. "
I've actually always been a confused individual about coloured names. What's up with that anyway? I must've missed something!
craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By craigbo180

So your idea basically is to not buy any games from a company at random that signs an exclusive deal with Microsoft.

Give em hell buddy.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar
@27thRed_Martyr: Any successful boycotts would only vindicate them since they would see nobody buying the PS3 version which makes them think the exclusive deals are working. 
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@Asrahn said:

" @MysteriousBob said:

" Uh, your username is green. You're either a very strange troll or you're just a confused individual. "
I've actually always been a confused individual about coloured names. What's up with that anyway? I must've missed something! "
Its your console preference. 

Oh and also, what everyone else said, pretty much...
sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By sins_of_mosin

You do realize that Sony is as much at fault for the whole 'buy thing' as MS?  How many Nintendo series did Sony buy?

Close the thread as its just stupid.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Noodles

VIDEO GAMES

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Im good thanks. 
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

Pro tip, don't pick the losing console next time.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer

What is... I don't even... what?

Boycott video games!  Buy Chewleys Gum!

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Granted. It is a bummer. But on the bright side... I don't own a PS3 so I'm in the clear.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

#21  Edited By MikeinSC
@27thRed_Martyr said:
" I am as pissed off with the Game studios being sell outs with their called  "Exclusive Deals" or Bribery deals with MS, Maybe if we would boycott at least one game until the studio would give its word to not do it again. They might set as an example to other studios and make them know that we are sick of it. Its something that could work if we had a whole lot of people to cooperate. even if we only did this just once, it might just scare the developers to not accept any bribery of any kind from any company. "
But when one console sells a lot more copies of your game than the other, this is what happens. 

And how can business deals be "bribery"? It's a paid exclusive. MS is paying them for it. C'est la vie. Sony could do it if they opted to.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xyzygy

What game are you even talking about? If it's New Vegas, the DLC supposedly isn't even very good. If it's Homefront... that game isn't even out so no one knows the the ACTUAL game is any good.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

No Caption Provided
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MysteriousBob

I hate employee bribery. Stores pay workers money to work for them when they should be in other stores for... 

Ugh.

Palaeomerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Palaeomerus
@27thRed_Martyr said:
" I am as pissed off with the Game studios being sell outs with their called  "Exclusive Deals" or Bribery deals with MS, Maybe if we would boycott at least one game until the studio would give its word to not do it again. They might set as an example to other studios and make them know that we are sick of it. Its something that could work if we had a whole lot of people to cooperate. even if we only did this just once, it might just scare the developers to not accept any bribery of any kind from any company. "
Whoops! I think you meant to post this bizarre irate nonsense on an N4G story comment section or something.
bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bicycleham

This is why I have all 3 consoles, and a PC. A winner is me?

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By animateria

I boycott this thread. 

Oh wait, I just posted here. 

Damn it!

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Samaritan

Good luck, have boycott.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MysteriousBob
@animateria said:
" I boycott this thread.  Oh wait, I just posted here.  Damn it! "
Your one post boycott has achieved a level of success far greater than the OPs boycott ever will.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By ch13696

Don't listen to these fuckers. I understand where you're coming from. If you wanna boycott, then go for it. I'm sure there are plenty of other people doing the same. The internet is not just here. Make sure you spread the word everywhere else.

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zimbo

You're gonna go far kid.

But first. Just a little advice. Internet Boycotts very rarely achieve anything.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zombie2011
@MysteriousBob said:
What does that have to do with anything? My name is green too, but i chose it because i like the color instead of gray.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MysteriousBob
@ch13696 said:

" Don't listen to these fuckers. I understand where you're coming from. If you wanna boycott, then go for it. I'm sure there are plenty of other people doing the same. The internet is not just here. Make sure you spread the word everywhere else. "

Just to make it clear, you're boycotting MICROSOFT BEING A BUSINESS. This is normal business behaviour. Microsoft aren't going to win the console war and make money by 'being nice' to the PS3 owners of the world and making the next Halo for the PS3. Its just common sense and Sony did similar things back in the 90s as did Nintendo (Nintendo actually told developers not to develop for Sega to retain their support). This isn't a bloody playground (as has been mentioned).

The way you're acting its as if Microsoft have been exposed for murdering children and turning their corpses into 360s.

Without competition, the whole gaming industry would be shit. Either buy a 360 to show that good business works or shut the hell up.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#34  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I appreciate your enthusiasm but you must accept that even if every person in this thread boycotted the PS3 it wouldn't even begin to make a dent big enough to really affect the industry.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35  Edited By PerryVandell

Don't think I'll be doing that.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Jeust
@27thRed_Martyr:  

What about the exclusive deal of Dead Space 2 and the PS3? Will you boycott games of developers in league with Sony? 

Get real man! Unless you look at the whole picture, you're just sounding as a mad fanboy. 
EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By EuanDewar

Oh dude really?! Haha Oh man this is funny stuff! 

...You're serious?

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MysteriousBob

I don't even understand what the boycott is supposed to do. 

DEVELOPERS! STOP ACCEPTING MONEY FOR EXCLUSIVITY. YES, TURN DOWN ALL THAT MONEY FOR THE SAKE OF BITTER CONSOLE FANBOYS! 
Or 
GAMERS! STOP PLAYING GAMES YOU ENJOY SO A LESS COMPETENT GAME CORPORATION CAN SUCCEED ECONOMICALLY! 
Or
MICROSOFT! STOP MAKING MONEY YOU ASSHOLES! 

What are members of this boycott actually signing up for?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infamous, Metal Gear, and Uncharted aren't PS3 exclusives because the developers just "like" the multi-million dollar corporation that is Sony. They have a deal with them (or a "bribe," if you will) that more than likely includes some sort of monetary compensation for not taking their IP to a competing platform. They don't "dislike" the Xbox 360 and Microsoft because they're a "competitor" to them, because they are, in fact, a way to add a few million sales to each of their annual books. Don't you dare start on me about "superior platforms." The 360 has a potential of 11 million sales, and Sony needs to give these people a very good reason to not make "Infamous: Bad Attitude" on the Xbox 360, even if Infamous 2 is still an exclusive. That good reason? Money. It's always money. These are businesses, making deals to make more money.

What you're asking for is for Microsoft to give up all of their money makers and let Sony have everything. The big picture would be that every platform has every game with every piece of content available, which sounds great, but is effing insane.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By eric_buck
@Asrahn said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
I've actually always been a confused individual about coloured names. What's up with that anyway? I must've missed something! "
Green is for Qui-Gon, Blue is for Anakin Skywalker (Before Vader), Red is for the Emporer, White is for Clones and grey means your neither a rebel or an imperial.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Jeust
@Eric_Buck said:

" @Asrahn said:

" @MysteriousBob said:
Green is for Qui-Gon, Blue is for Anakin Skywalker (Before Vader), Red is for the Emporer, White is for Clones and grey means your neither a rebel or an imperial. "
Grey is for Jolee Bindo.  

No Caption Provided
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By meteora
@Noodles said:
" VIDEO GAMES "
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By Undeadpool

Everyone! I heard companies actually want to MAKE MONEY! We should TOTALLY boycott them!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Enigma777
@MysteriousBob said:

I think he's just an idiot...
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zeforgotten
@Jeust said:
" @Eric_Buck said:

" @Asrahn said:

" @MysteriousBob said:
Green is for Qui-Gon, Blue is for Anakin Skywalker (Before Vader), Red is for the Emporer, White is for Clones and grey means your neither a rebel or an imperial. "
Grey is for Jolee Bindo.  

No Caption Provided
"
He did it all for the wookies!
Storphrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Storphrax
@27thRed_Martyr said:
"
No Caption Provided

"
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By ch13696
@MysteriousBob said:
" @ch13696 said:

" Don't listen to these fuckers. I understand where you're coming from. If you wanna boycott, then go for it. I'm sure there are plenty of other people doing the same. The internet is not just here. Make sure you spread the word everywhere else. "

Just to make it clear, you're boycotting MICROSOFT BEING A BUSINESS. This is normal business behaviour. Microsoft aren't going to win the console war and make money by 'being nice' to the PS3 owners of the world and making the next Halo for the PS3. Its just common sense and Sony did similar things back in the 90s as did Nintendo (Nintendo actually told developers not to develop for Sega to retain their support). This isn't a bloody playground (as has been mentioned). The way you're acting its as if Microsoft have been exposed for murdering children and turning their corpses into 360s. Without competition, the whole gaming industry would be shit. Either buy a 360 to show that good business works or shut the hell up. "
Why are you arguing with me? The OP is the one that wants the boycott. I'm just cheering him on. Besides, if I want to support business decisions, then I'll go onto a business site, support them there. Maybe work for them or something. Till then, I'm a true gamer and I say support the consumers.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By landon
@Jeust said:

" @Eric_Buck said:

" @Asrahn said:

" @MysteriousBob said:

Grey is for Jolee Bindo.  

No Caption Provided
"
No, no. If your username is grey, then your part of the Neutral race.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By toowalrus
@Noodles said:
" VIDEO GAMES "
Dude. Every comment you say on on these forums should include the word 'dude' and some point.