• 60 results
#1 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I demand that the TNT videos get posted on the site, in the same fashion that the Happy Hours videos get posted. 

Um... please?  

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Would be nice.

#3 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5210 posts) -

I think that would be cool too.

#4 Posted by dudewhaa (41 posts) -

That would be great! I always end up missing out on the live TNT streams, would love to be able to catch up on em.

#5 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

what's with all the crazy demands all of a sudden?

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" I think that would be cool too. "
As do I.
#7 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" what's with all the crazy demands all of a sudden? "
The demand is not crazy, its just a demand.
#8 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
The GB community has formed an Union. Speaking of which, I demand free Dental!
#9 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
cookies 

NOW!
#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -
@Dany said:
" @blacklabeldomm said:
The demand is not crazy, its just a demand. "
It is insane, it is Saturday night and you want these engineers to just start cooking up some crazy website shit?
#11 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

It would be cool, especially as the videos seem to take so long to load up from Justin.tv.

#12 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

I would really love it if they did that. There are some that I would definitely want to watch or rewatch (like the MW2 one since I murdered Jeff 3 times in it) but I don't want to have to deal with Justin.TV not working half the time.

#13 Edited by Jumanji (447 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:

" @Dany said:

" @blacklabeldomm said:

It is insane, it is Saturday night and you want these engineers to just start cooking up some crazy website shit? "

The 'engineers' you see in the vids are art school students being paid $8 an hour to pretend to be Whiskey employees for the cameras. The real engineers are in an unheated warehouse in Shenzen, working for piece rate (half a cent per line of script), sleeping on cots under their desks, and surviving on a mix of quinine tonic, watery congee and ketamine suppositories... So yes, they will code on a Saturday night.
#14 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" @Dany said:
" @blacklabeldomm said:
It is insane, it is Saturday night and you want these engineers to just start cooking up some crazy website shit? "
No, just for them to record TNT and post it here, they do it for Happy Hour. 

The thing is, as Vinny once said is that giantbombs audience tends to watch a lot of their longer video content, meaning it stresses their bandwidth. Posting a huge two hour event that happens every week, it will stretch them thin. I think that is why they are not posted here but they are up over at justin.tv
#15 Edited by Jumanji (447 posts) -
@Dany said:

...The thing is, as Vinny once said is that giantbombs audience tends to watch a lot of their longer video content

This is code for "holy fucking shit get a life already guys"
#16 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@Jumanji said:
" @Dany said:

...The thing is, as Vinny once said is that giantbombs audience tends to watch a lot of their longer video content

This is code for "holy fucking shit get a life already guys" "
It would be easier to do if they weren't so damn funny
#17 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -
@Dany: yeah... but.... that's what we all paid them money for... so that they can have all the bandwiths in the world!!!! 

Alright, we have about 10 people who would also like the TNT videos on the site. That's a pretty solid majority.
#18 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -
@Jumanji: wa...wat, wait we have to help these people, this is wrong. How can we reach them? What can we do?
#19 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" @Dany: yeah... but.... that's what we all paid them money for... so that they can have all the bandwiths in the world!!!!  Alright, we have about 10 people who would also like the TNT videos on the site. That's a pretty solid majority. "
if we were a soccer team.
#20 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" @Dany: yeah... but.... that's what we all paid them money for... so that they can have all the bandwiths in the world!!!!  Alright, we have about 10 people who would also like the TNT videos on the site. That's a pretty solid majority. "
10/12 in a thread without a poll option, yep clear results : )

Heh, yeah i;m for them posting them here in HD but they have  reasons why they are not and they sem fair to me so, yeah, seems fine
#21 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -
@jayjonesjunior said:
" @Jayross said:
if we were a soccer team. "
Haha. Alright, I'll give you that one. 

@Dany: and now we are 2/12 of people who support the results. Not looking so good...  Man... accuracy!
#22 Posted by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -

Justin.tv likes to replay archived videos in as laggy a way as possible, its why i havent watched most of the TNTs ive missed because i cannot handle hours of poorly buffering video, it would be great to have it on the site

#23 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Agree'd.

#24 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Great!

#25 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

Pretty please.

#26 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @blacklabeldomm said:
The GB community has formed an Union. Speaking of which, I demand free Dental! "
I demand a pinball machine^^ 
#27 Posted by President_Barackbar (3448 posts) -

I would like to see that, but if its too much of a hassle/cost to do it, I don't mind just going to Justin.tv

#28 Posted by imad81 (107 posts) -
@Mikemcn: 

download the files dude..that should help with your problem..file sizes are huge though..
#29 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Okay, now we wait until some from WM sees this thread..

#30 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I PM'd the staff a while back about this and they said it's something they have certainly considered but need to develop the tech before it's possible to do so.

#31 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Would be nice. "

#32 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" I PM'd the staff a while back about this and they said it's something they have certainly considered but need to develop the tech before it's possible to do so. "
can't they just embed the junstin tv video.
I just want ease of access that's all.
#33 Posted by Cubic (171 posts) -

If it is possible to do without breaking the whiskey servers, then hell yeah. The Justin.tv player is a whole lot less fiddly than the Ustream player, but it's still a nightmare to get working sometimes (especially when you have to run an alpha version of Flash because Adobe won't support 64bit systems properly on certain operating systems).

#34 Edited by smitty86 (698 posts) -

sound like a cool idea. i would definitely go back and watch the battlefield: bad company 2 tnt if i could just watch it on the site...maybe even in hd

#35 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

In all honesty, i have no problem just going to justin.tv. Takes about two minutes

#36 Posted by ThePickle (4160 posts) -

It would be cool, but it's not happening. The Happy Hours get posted because people are paying for those

#37 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

Yes, please.

#38 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" Alright, we have about 10 people who would also like the TNT videos on the site. That's a pretty solid majority. "
I appreciate and respect your total disregard for math.
#39 Posted by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

I just wish they would embed the Justin.tv archives here, maybe they could just do it on a video page.  It's kind of annoying to dig through their site sometimes, and also that way they wouldn't have to pay for bandwith.

#40 Posted by Cubic (171 posts) -
@HandsomeDevil said:
" It would be cool, but it's not happening. The Happy Hours get posted because people are paying for those "
Maybe the TNTs could be posted on the site for paying users as well? Non-paying users can watch them, but they have to go to Justin.tv
#41 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I'd rather have a 20 minute highlight feature up on the site for it. Much more convenient.

#42 Posted by gla55jAw (2687 posts) -

Yeah I would like that, most of the time It's too laggy for me to watch live.

#43 Posted by ThePickle (4160 posts) -
@filthreaper said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" It would be cool, but it's not happening. The Happy Hours get posted because people are paying for those "
Maybe the TNTs could be posted on the site for paying users as well? Non-paying users can watch them, but they have to go to Justin.tv "
I like that idea. The Justin.tv player is terrible. 
#44 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

There's no reason to do that when you can just go to justintv and it would cost them bandwidth to host them themselves .

#45 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Dany said:
The thing is, as Vinny once said is that giantbombs audience tends to watch a lot of their longer video content, meaning it stresses their bandwidth. Posting a huge two hour event that happens every week, it will stretch them thin. I think that is why they are not posted here but they are up over at justin.tv "
Yeah, I think that's it too. I mean.. it would be hella pricey, and not really worth it in the end.
#46 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

Justin.TV's playback is terrible ;_;

#47 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

They did say they would be continuously adding premium features, so why not have TNT videos on the site be one of those features?

JTV is terrible, especially on my netbook.

#48 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Alright, sorry for the bump, but this needs to happen!

#49 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" Alright, sorry for the bump, but this needs to happen! "
It wont, would cost them too much too put up a two hour video on top of what they normally do when the service they use, justin;tv offers it without costing them bandwidth without costing them money
#50 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -
@Dany But the streaming from JTV is terrible! I just feel that we deserve better.