Reasons why Game Stop is horrible

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine

1. Because if I want a game I shouldn't have to put up at least $5 before it comes out or wait 48 hours.

2. Because they don't give gamers a valid amount of money for their old games.
3. Because they don't buy or sell really old games. (NES, SNES, N64... OR EVEN XBOX!)

This cool store near my house called Play N' Trade is awesome. I can buy old NES and SNES games there and they also have HD TVs and a sweet couch wear you can sit down a try out a game before you buy it.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

NEW AND EXCITING!

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Out_On_Bail

The gamestop by my house has xbox games, though I wish they sold N64 stuff- that'd be great.  

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

They have good deals when you look for them. If you go into a situation looking to fail... you will fail.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By C0V3RT

The reason I stopped going there was I went in to pre-order Fable 2 and the guy asked me if I wanted to pre order it for the 360 or the PS3.  I gave him a confused look and thought he was just kidding and just said 360.  While he was ringing me up I decided to go along and ask him if he was getting more 360 or PS3 orders for the game and he responded "about equal".  FAIL!

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By gingertastic_10

i think im done with them, i like amazon now :/

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine
@gingertastic_10: You also get better prices on amazon.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Once they stopped selling used N64 and PS1 games in 06, I lost my main incentive to go. Now it's near impossible to find Xbox games as well. And I hate how they ruin the box art with those stickers that are tough to remove without ripping/leaving residue on the cover.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PercyChuggs
@Wolverine said:
" 1. Because if I want a game I shouldn't have to put up at least $5 before it comes out or wait 48 hours.
2. Because they don't give gamers a valid amount of money for their old games.
3. Because they don't buy or sell really old games. (NES, SNES, N64... OR EVEN XBOX!)

This cool store near my house called Play N' Trade is awesome. I can buy old NES and SNES games there and they also have HD TVs and a sweet couch wear you can sit down a try out a game before you buy it.
"
1. Unless it's some super niche game, most of the time you can get it at GameStop the day it comes out.
2. They give comparable value for trades when compared to other stores such as GameCrazy, or Amazon's trade in system. Take advantage of specials to max credit.
3. Please name one nationwide game store chain that DOES sell SNES and NES games. Yeah, didn't think so. eBay and mom and pop game stores are your friend.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bubahula

i found a brand new oblivion game of the year version for $30 and a used normal version right beside it for 55$ lol FAIL..for them  , i like oblivion,

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By gingertastic_10
@Wolverine said: yeah, i do like that, and they give multiple different prices so, theres some cheap, some expensive and some in the middle....i like that, but at gamestop you only get a new price and a used price...and sometimes the used price is only 5 bucks less then if you buy it new :/
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Bubahula: I had the same thing happen to me but for NBA 2k9, of course all I had to do was tell the girl who worked there and she fixed the prices.  
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun
@Bubahula said:
" i found a brand new oblivion game of the year version for $30 and a used normal version right beside it for 55$ lol FAIL..for them  , i like oblivion, "
Price changes are a bitch. One day last week I had 356 I had to do. This is on top of all of my regular opening work that takes hours. Factor in that boxes move all around the store and are sometimes hard to find and bizarre things like that are bound to happen. The register will always ring them up the correct price and if the tag says lower we'll always honor it. It's our bad.

As for not taking PS1 and N64 games I don't see what the problem is. Those are more than a decade old now. We barely have enough room for all of the PS2 games we have.