Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Shit.

ANOTHER ON RAILS GAME. If it doesn't have the satisfaction of the House of the Dead series.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Black_Rose

Damn, I was expecting a proper RE game...oh well.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ThomasP

Damn.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
ThomasP said:
"Damn."
After looking around the internet, this is the consensus, but with some "Fuck You"s and "Eat Shit"s thrown around as well.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Black_Rose said:
"Damn, I was expecting a proper RE game...oh well."
Crapcom do a proper RE game? that will never happen again.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

I liked Umbrella Chronicles, so bring on the rails!!!

Anyone that doesn't like on-rails shooters was obviously devoid of CarnEvil in their lives as a child.  =  P
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8  Edited By Black_Rose
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Crapcom do a proper RE game? that will never happen again."
Crapcom? YOU MADE THAT UP YOURSELF?

You're a fucking genius man.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
jakob187 said:
"I liked Umbrella Chronicles, so bring on the rails!!!

Anyone that doesn't like on-rails shooters was obviously devoid of CarnEvil in their lives as a child.  =  P
"
I'm waiting for CarnEvil 9.

It's not that I dislike on-rails games. I look forward to getting Overkill very soon, and I'm actually somewhat excited for Extraction after hearing some cool stuff about wiimote integration. The thing is that there's only so much I can take, and Umbrella Chronicles left me wanting. It felt like every gun was a pea-shooter with varied sizes of peas. Both Overkill and Extraction had something to prove. I think an Umbrella sequel will not only add to a pile of games from a genre that's being oversaturated on the console, but be inferior to Extraction and Overkill.

I'll keep an open mind, though. I kinda had to eat my words with Extraction, so there's no point in being too pissed. But, if they don't make another RE game for Wii with the RE4 engine, I will go crazy.
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Why won't Capcom do a proper RE game? Anybody remember Code Veronica on the Dreamcast?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By AgentJ
Black_Rose said:
"Damn, I was expecting a proper RE game...oh well."
I know, really. We JUST got Umbrella Chronicles. Unless this chronicles the events of Resident Evil 2 and 4 which UC didn't, i can' t see myself touching this with any length of pole.
If they are going to give us on-rails shooters, thats fine. But DONT PUT THE RESIDENT EVIL NAME ON IT! It's like putting the Rayman on the Raving Rabbids games when he could be completely removed and the game wouldn't be worse for it.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Meowayne
jakob187 said:
"Anyone that doesn't like on-rails shooters was obviously devoid of CarnEvil in their lives as a child.  =  P"
On-Rails shooting is great. But with RE:UC, HotD2, 3 and Overkill at home and Extraction on the horizon, nobody really needs ANOTHER on-rails game. It was fun to go back for a bit. But its enough now.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ

Okay, it looks like this actually is Resident Evil 2 on rails... There goes 50 bucks... IM SORRY GUYS! I JUST CAN'T ReSIST ANY SORT OF Re2 REMAKE!!!!!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Diamond

The number of on rails shooters on Wii is now : hilarious.  To me it seems like a really natural fit, best lightgun controller ever, but still, this is effing insane now.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ

I agree, and most of the time, it is a game that has no buisness being a light-gun game, like Dead Space or Resident Evil. I'll take all of the House of the Dead and Time Crisis I can get. And Capcom hit my wallet-bone with the Re 2 gungame.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By Icemael

Fuck this shit. Why can't they give us a proper Resident Evil or Dead Space on the Wii? I have grown tired of these lazy cash-ins.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Endogene

I absolutely loved the first one (which after reading what everyone says about it I guess is pretty weird) so I am all for this one however I would have liked them try something original.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By adam_grif

Although more games is rarely a bad thing, this is supremely disappointing. If you want to continue making light gun shooters, that's fine, but please give us some real games to go along with it.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By oldschool
Endogene said:
"I absolutely loved the first one (which after reading what everyone says about it I guess is pretty weird) so I am all for this one however I would have liked them try something original. "
I liked Umbrella Chronicles as well.  It is my first on-rails shooter though.  It makes me want HoD:O.  If this one is good, then it is good, on-rails or not.  I will never understand angst about a game that isn't even available yet - why i it taken so personally?

Agreed as well, something original, say like a proper and full side story to Resident Evil 5 would have been sweet.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By vidiot

Not altogether ecstatic, I liked UC. I like the idea of a game that is completely focused on RE2, and I do hope they do something more from a mechanic aspect. I also hope this means they haven't taken the idea of remaking RE2 off from the table.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Black_Rose said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Crapcom do a proper RE game? that will never happen again."
Crapcom? YOU MADE THAT UP YOURSELF?You're a fucking genius man. "
aren't I? i even amaze my self at my genious hood. Im glad you can recognize it.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22  Edited By RHCPfan24

I liked the Umbrella Chronicles, but I probably wouldn't buy another one again. Oh well....

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r

Personally, I'd also prefer a proper RE game, but I still like seeing all these lightgun shooters. The genre was dead, and it will be dead again soon enough, the more we get now to enjoy later until the next genre revival, the better. Virtua Cop was getting stale :P

This sounds promising with all the changes from the original. If only these lightgun game developers decided to include headtracking support...

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Al3xand3r
First media (not embedding for obvious reasons). It looks better than the first.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By super_machine

Im fine with this. Umbrella chronicles was actually pretty fun. This is why I have another game system for a proper RE experience.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Again, Giant Bomb Wii owners never fail to surprise me with their ability to bitch.

Umbrella Chronicles was a fantastic game, I'm so glad they are making a sequel.