Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Why not Mass Effect 2? Explain yourself!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

I recently bought Mass Effect and its not for me. At all. So I'll skip the sequel without a second thought.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Super Street Fighter IV, or I will at least wait for it to be in the bargain bin. Should have been DLC.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By DanielJW

Madden 11! >:(

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60
@ParanoidFreak said:
"  Super Street Fighter IV, or I will at least wait for it to be in the bargain bin. Should have been DLC. "
No it shouldn't have been...that is far too much to be added as DLC, it changes the gameplay.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
"Why not Mass Effect 2? Explain yourself! "

And Why not Bioshock 2? Explain youself x2!

For me, Modern Warfare 2. 

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Suicidal_SNiper said:
"Why not Mass Effect 2? Explain yourself! "
And Why not Bioshock 2? Explain youself x2!   For me, Modern Warfare 2.   "
Lol, I didn't mention Bioshock 2 because I just have a feeling it's going to be a sequel just mooching off the success of the other one. I'll still be getting it for sure but just have a feeling that's all.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Hot_Karl

I'll never say never (unless I absolutely hated the previous game), but I'm not sold on Bioshock 2 and Max Payne 3.

With Bioshock, from what I've heard (I haven't finished the game yet), the game has plenty of closure & there's no real need to explore Rapture again.

With Max Payne, it looks like such a departure from the first two games. The second game is one of my favorite games of all time- I replay the game on a yearly basis. I loved how over-the-top & hard boiled the game got (even when the game itself became an almost self-parody). But now, the redesign of Max looks way too self-serious and "gritty" for my taste. If it still retains the awesome feel of the previous games, I'm in. But at this point...I'm not so sure.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AnimalFather

not buying bioshock cause the story ended in the first one. the magic is gone.

mass effect 2 cause the first one sucked. it was too short the combat was primitive the leveling up system and inventory sucked. and the storyline was garbage. sidequests sucked balls too.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Akeldama

i dont think ill be buying AC2 any time soon.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By GunstarRed

If they ever announce a Mirrors edge 2 I shall not be buying it.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@CL60 said:
" @ParanoidFreak said:
"  Super Street Fighter IV, or I will at least wait for it to be in the bargain bin. Should have been DLC. "
No it shouldn't have been...that is far too much to be added as DLC, it changes the gameplay. "
And rebalances every character.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I'm surprised how many people don't plan on buying Mass Effect 2.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Too Human 2
The first one was fun the first day and then steadily declined. The game really suffered from only having 2 person multilayer. (That type of game really needs 4 or more) And most of the levels seemed very similar and empty.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @CL60 said:
" @ParanoidFreak said:
No it shouldn't have been...that is far too much to be added as DLC, it changes the gameplay. "
And rebalances every character. "
Yes. Many things. If they added it as DLC, it would either have to be free (which would be ridiculous because it changes everything) or everybody would be forced to buy it or they wouldn't be allowed to play the multiplayer.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Evilsbane
@Akeldama: You should give it a try it really is leaps and bounds over the first.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akeldama
@Evilsbane said:
" @Akeldama: You should give it a try it really is leaps and bounds over the first. "
i rented it. I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement.
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rallier
@CL60 said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @CL60 said:
" @ParanoidFreak said:
And rebalances every character. "
Yes. Many things. If they added it as DLC, it would either have to be free (which would be ridiculous because it changes everything) or everybody would be forced to buy it or they wouldn't be allowed to play the multiplayer. "
And not to forget it will not be a full retail price game.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ParanoidFreak
@CL60 said:
" Yes. Many things. If they added it as DLC, it would either have to be free (which would be ridiculous because it changes everything) or everybody would be forced to buy it or they wouldn't be allowed to play the multiplayer. "
I see what your saying, but it just isn't very appealing to me to buy a similar game a year later (even though I probably will end up doing it).
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JJOR64

Let's see:  Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, Madden 92345634789564.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By ajamafalous

Bioshock is my favorite game of this generation, but nothing I've seen of Bioshock 2 has impressed me.

Here's to hoping it's better than it looks now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By Yummylee

Crackdown 2 annd it'll be a while before i choose AC2 over many of the upcoming 2010 titles.
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By Deusoma

Dead Rising 2. All the flaws with the first game were deliberate gameplay decisions, so apart from cutting out the constant harassment by walkie-talkie, I can't see the sequel fixing any of them.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Alex_Murphy said:
" Too Human 2 The first one was fun the first day and then steadily declined. The game really suffered from only having 2 person multilayer. (That type of game really needs 4 or more) And most of the levels seemed very similar and empty. "
I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about that ever happening.
Infact, any developer who designs their game as a trilogy right off the bat desevers their game to fail.  

Unless it's done Bioware style like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, where the universe is designed to be fleshed out and expand, but the first game is still a complete story.
Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Alphonzo

Bioshock 2 shouldn't exist

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By demontium
@AnimalFather said:
" ya title. for me its Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 "
@Alphonzo said:
" Bioshock 2 shouldn't exist "
*adds to hate list* 

In all seriousness, Bioshock is amazing IMO, but I guess some people do not appreciate perfection. 

Anyways I will not be getting the new rabbids game. 

I heard it is really good but I already have NSMBW which is a far better platformer.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Evilsbane
@Akeldama said:
" @Evilsbane said:
" @Akeldama: You should give it a try it really is leaps and bounds over the first. "
i rented it. I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement. "
Oh Well..sorry to hear that. Is that just not your kind of game what were your issues?
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29  Edited By giyanks22

Bioshock 2....it is just milking the first game, because it was such a sucess. 

mass Effect 2 looks to be great though.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MysteriousBob
@demontium said: 
@Alphonzo said:
*adds to hate list*  In all seriousness, Bioshock is amazing IMO, but I guess some people do not appreciate perfection. "
He never said he didn't like it. I liked it and I think it should never, ever have a sequel. It was the one game that would benefit from standing alone. If you think BioShock was perfect then a sequel would only drag down the reputation of the original. And BioShock, while very good, was far from perfect.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Akeldama
@Evilsbane said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @Evilsbane said:
i rented it. I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement. "
Oh Well..sorry to hear that. Is that just not your kind of game what were your issues? "
No matter how hard I tried, I could just not get into the game. It felt like a 1.5 upgrade from the first. I took issue with the climbing as well (coming off fresh from Uncharted 2) 

I tried my best not to compare certain aspects of the game to Uncharted 2, but it was really tough. Its like the InFamous > Prototype thing for me. Both games are significantly different, yet comparable in many ways.
Avatar image for deactivated-587815b1c9354
deactivated-587815b1c9354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

modern warefare 3, dont wanna get another game that lasts only a week

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By demontium
@MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said: 
@Alphonzo said:
*adds to hate list*  In all seriousness, Bioshock is amazing IMO, but I guess some people do not appreciate perfection. "
He never said he didn't like it. I liked it and I think it should never, ever have a sequel. It was the one game that would benefit from standing alone. If you think BioShock was perfect then a sequel would only drag down the reputation of the original. And BioShock, while very good, was far from perfect. "
Well I think if a game is really good you would get it. 

Sarcasm is funny, thats why I use it. 

catch on ; )
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MysteriousBob
@demontium said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said: 
@Alphonzo said:
He never said he didn't like it. I liked it and I think it should never, ever have a sequel. It was the one game that would benefit from standing alone. If you think BioShock was perfect then a sequel would only drag down the reputation of the original. And BioShock, while very good, was far from perfect. "
Well I think if a game is really good you would get it.  Sarcasm is funny, thats why I use it.  catch on ; ) "
I don't know you well enough to know whether or not you're joking. There are no pragmatics features in text.  I know plenty of people who would seriously say BioShock was better than perfect.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zombie2011
@Abyssfull said:
" Crackdown 2 "
But the Halo 4 beta. How will you get in?
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By demontium
@MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said: 
@Alphonzo said:
Well I think if a game is really good you would get it.  Sarcasm is funny, thats why I use it.  catch on ; ) "
I don't know you well enough to know whether or not you're joking. There are no pragmatics features in text.  I know plenty of people who would seriously say BioShock was better than perfect. "
Bioshock is not perfection. 

I like it a lot.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#37  Edited By Yummylee
@zombie2011 said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" Crackdown 2 "
But the Halo 4 beta. How will you get in? "

Lol I'm sure i'll manage without
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By guiseppe

I'm not quite sure about about Bioshock 2, but time will tell I guess. Other than that, I can't really think of any sequels I'm not buying (in the realm of what I'm interested in ofc)

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Binman88

I probably won't be getting Bioshock 2; never even finished the first one. I have pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 however, and Spirit Tracks, which is kind of a sequel too.

Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Alphonzo
@demontium said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said: 
@Alphonzo said:
I don't know you well enough to know whether or not you're joking. There are no pragmatics features in text.  I know plenty of people who would seriously say BioShock was better than perfect. "
Bioshock is not perfection.  I like it a lot. "
There is no such thing as perfection. 
I loved the first Bioshock, so much so that a direct sequel of any kind would not appeal to me.   
Maybe, maybe another "spiritual successor" would work, one that explores similar themes, but in a new setting with new ideas and mechanics...maybe not even an FPS.
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Cazamalos

i will not buy the fallout3, spin off/sequel (neew vegas), i really HATE the vats sytem and i found fallout 3 very boring :(
AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AltonBrown
@cazamalos: I'm not sure they're using VATS in New Vegas. It's being done by Obsidian, a team made up mostly of ex-Black Isle guys who worked on FO 1 and 2. I'm hoping they bring it a little closer to the original two as far as gameplay goes. I love Fallout 3, but I prefer the classic Fallout style.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By demontium
@Alphonzo said:

" @demontium said:

" @MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said: 
@Alphonzo said:
I loved the first Bioshock, so much so that a direct sequel of any kind would not appeal to me.   
Maybe, maybe another "spiritual successor" would work, one that explores similar themes, but in a new setting with new ideas and mechanics...maybe not even an FPS. "
Agreed. 

The closest thing to it is Ocarina of Time IMO.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KaosAngel

Modern Warfare 3

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AltonBrown
@KaosAngel said:
" Modern Warfare 3 "
I agree.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Jeust

Modern Warfare 2 
Bioshock 2 
Max Payne 3 
Zelda: The Spirit's Tracks 
L4D2 

I've played their earlier releases and it didn't impress me much. 

Also Mass Effect 2 only on the bargain bin, as its third person shooter perspective, universe and story didn't resonate much with me. 

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cazamalos
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By demonbear

I'm worried about Bioshock 2, there's what, 4 studios who worked on it? I dont think its possible to go through so many studios and end up a quality product. I'll wait for reviews but im expecting something bad.

You won't see me buy Dragon Age 2. I wish i could resell my steam copy... what a waste of money, in my opinion. I know tons of people are loving it but I just can't.

And you wont see me buy a Modern Warfare. I like battlefield.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jmrwacko

I'm probably not buying Bioshock 2, but it's too early to tell. I'm definately not getting Modern Warfare 2.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jmrwacko
@demontium said:
" @Alphonzo said:

" @demontium said:

" @MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @demontium said: 
@Alphonzo said:
Maybe, maybe another "spiritual successor" would work, one that explores similar themes, but in a new setting with new ideas and mechanics...maybe not even an FPS. "
Agreed.  The closest thing to it is Ocarina of Time IMO. "
Huh? Majora's Mask, the "sequel" to Ocarina of Time, was a great game as well.