Sonic's home planet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

War_Lion108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By War_Lion108

I was just messing around with the trivia game, and this question popped up:

What is the name of Sonic's home planet?

I saw that Earth and Mobius were both among the answers, and being the clever Sonic fan I am, I chose Earth. Turns out, I was wrong. The trivia game said Mobius was the correct answer.

Wasn't Mobius just the name in the Archie comic or maybe the American instuction manuals? When Sonic Adventure came out and there were all those humans, everyone was like "What's with this? Why are there humans and modern cities on Mobius?" And Sega said "It's Earth. Sonic's always been on Earth."

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

It's Earth.  Sonic has always been from around the Southern Islands in the Japanese canon.  This got changed to Mobius in the American manual for Sonic 1.

They brought everything in line with Sonic Adventure, though, throwing out everything Archie and American/European Sega ever decided for good.

I know way too much about this stuff. :\
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

I always assumed Mobius was a city, but then again I haven't really played a sonic game in 10 years.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Willy105

Here's what I think:

He's from Mobius, but was teleported to Earth.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

He's from Mobius, but in Sonic X he got teleported to earth. (I am ashamed that I know that)

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By TobyD81

Oh...Sonic canon. I know Sega corrected this issue themselves, but as I only give a damn about Sonic 1, 2, and CD, he'll always be on Mobius in my head, and the guy in the red shirt will always be Robotnik.

SuperSanicFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sonic's home planet is Mobius. Mobius is supposed to be future earth. I'm guessing in sonic adventure 2 and sonic X (which have similar stories) Sonic was teleported into the past and thats why you see him with humans and in modern day cities like at the golden gate bridge in sonic adventure 2, and New York in Sonic Unleashed.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#8 FinalDasa  Moderator