ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! As always I am honored to be your belated hostess with the mostest!

State of the Site/Housekeeping

@rorie has recently indicated that if all things go according to plan he hopes to host a "Box Office Winner's League" once a week, so if you missed the competition last week just wait for the new one this week. Are you still confused about Premium versions of the podcast disappearing from your podcast feed? Well relax, Jeff has an answer for you over here. Some users have been reporting that their user avatar has not been appearing properly during live streams. If that is the case please file a bug report over here. With that we should be done withe the site news, so lets get on with the Community Spotlight!

Clip of the Week

Animated Bombcasts are back with our first clip, and our second clip features what the Guilty Gear Weekly Tournament was up to last week. You can join the fun by heading over here.

Awesome Artwork

Everyone should check @havochq Dan Ryckert TNG game in the blogs section NOW! The Giant Bomb Blurb Tumblr is back as always. Finally...Dan has located some nightmare fuel staff related fan art from NeoGAF.

Community Activities

• PAX Guide 2015: East Edition - If You Plan on Going to PAX East Check Out Marino's Guide in Order to Improve Your Enjoyment of the Event HERE!
  • Frozen Cortex Giant Bomb Friendly League - With the Full Release Share your Information to Play with Other Users Over HERE!

Wonderful Wikis

Our wiki page for DoA 5 Last Round tries its darndest to make sense of its insane amount of DLC. RRDDD is finally out and it has a neon drenched wiki filled with text. Finally, check out our wiki page for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Best of Blogs

As already mentioned HavocHQ has created an AWESOME browser based game that lets you pilot a Federation spaceship from the perspective of our very own Dan Ryckert. TwoLines has written a massive epic related to Final Fantasy IX which discusses in great detail the themes and characters of the game. On a similar note thatpinguino extrapolates on the dangers of nostalgia, and how he has fallen victim to it on a couple of occasions. Aurahack lays out his plans for distributing his Puyo Puyo Tetris x Giant Bomb cards during PAX East. FLStyle has the event itinerary for Winter Brawl 9 plus some interesting Fighting Game Community related news. For those interested in going back to old Bombcast episodes give Matthew's blog a look as he breaks down a fantastic Bombcast from 2008 on his latest blog. Ford_Dent details his adventures with Darkest Dungeon, whereas VincentAvatar shares how Sword Coast Legends surprised him in regards to how much he enjoyed it. N7 made the leap to the next generation after getting some wonderful help from another Giant Bomb user, and JBG4 graced us this week with a trifecta of blogs all worth reading.

Fantastic Forums

Fobwashed is the user to thank for the awesome animated .gif banner this week so please thank him for an awesome work of art. FLStyle wants YOU to join him in discussing the lineup and your hopes for the upcoming Capcom Pro Tour. Weapons were oddly enough a fixation of the Giant Bomb community this week with a discussion about the best weapon in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate as well as a thread debating the best video game shotguns. Finally Majora's Mask has been a bit of a...prickly issue on the Bombcast, so why not share your opinion on the game?

Lovable Lists

Brodehouse is continuing with his effort to create comprehensive lists compiling the biggest and best games of every year that video games have existed in. This week 2006 and 1993 are his targets. arkid on the other hand has a problem, he keeps buying games that he never plays, and shares his list of shame.

Useful User Reviews

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Thanks again... I'll be a bit more punctual this week.

It's always cool to see this. Keep up the good work.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Great roundup. I want those cards. Eric. Give them to me. Eric.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZombiePie  Staff

Whoops, it looks like I never sent the notifications to the users that got featured on this edition of the Community Spotlight. Well a hearty congratulations is in store for:

Artwork:@fobwashed (Eyes of Ryckert) and @havochq (Captain Ryckery TNG Game)

Activities:@marino (PAX Guide also Goldberg was a better WCW wrestler than Bret Hart) and @hellerphant (Frozen Cortex Duders League)

Blogs:@havochq (Make it so Number One), @twolines (I dream of electric sheep and I'm a zombie), @aurahack (Trying to make the next Pokemon Cards), @thatpinguino (Nostalgia or NosCon a.k.a. the most frustrating wiki page on the site), @mooseymcman (PlayStation Plus Catch-up), @flstyle (Winter Brawl 9), @matthew (Welcome back duder!), @ford_dent (Only the darkest of Dark Dungeons in your blog), @bboymaestro (Baby, I'm going to sine your pitty on the runny kine!), @n7 (Enjoying a PS4 blog), @jbg4 (Yeah...you wrote stuff...a LOT of stuff), and @vincentavatar (Sword Coast Legends)

Forums: @fobwashed (You "punched out" some great artwork this week!), @driveuplife (The Great Majora's Mask Debate!), @flstyle (Capcom Pro Tour 2015), @deathtrap (Best Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Weapon Discussion), @frostyryan (Best Shotgun in Video Games Debate)

Lists:@brodehouse (2006 AND 1993; Keep up the great work!) and @arkid (How Has Your "Addiction" Improved?)

Reviews:@dinoracha (The Sims 4), @vert_vermillion (Majora's Mask 3D), and @jaypb08 (Syphon Filter)

Great work everyone! Please check everything out and keep me updated about all of the best stuff on the site.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#4 Marino  Staff
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@zombiepie: Thanking you, keep up the good work!

Thanks to all who contributed to the Winter Brawl 9 chat, it was a great event! Looking forward to having discussions regarding Capcom Pro Tour events during this year!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZombiePie  Staff

@marino said:

@zombiepie: You're dead to me.

As dead as Bret Hart's career after a kick from Goldberg.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I feel right with myself. I'm down here, a new god who has found a calling.

I am a beautiful animal!

I am a destroyer of worlds!

...I mean uh, that's cool I guess. Thanks for the notification.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZombiePie  Staff

@hatking: Yup, that is awesome, thanks for that!

@twolines said:

I feel right with myself. I'm down here, a new god who has found a calling.

I am a beautiful animal!

I am a destroyer of worlds!

...I mean uh, that's cool I guess. Thanks for the notification.

I have no idea what this means, or where this came from...thank you.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#11 Mento  Moderator
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#12 gamer_152  Moderator

I wrote about Assassin's Creed so you don't have to come on Steam and harass me for a review this week.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just made a thread for an event going on at my college about women making games!

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By JBG4

3 more this week, "Pal" not sure why I used the quotation marks.

Newest Happy Monday Duders about RPG's and my opinion on The Order.

Also started a new series where I chronicle my time with the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The first entry is just about character creation and a few basic quests but the second covers the hilarity that ensues when I try to kill my first monster.

Thanks again. Always greatly appreciated.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thatpinguino  Staff
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZombiePie  Staff

I have this video, this blog, and this forum thread for the GB Community Endurance Run (I accidentally made it a blog post first so I deleted the blog post and remade it as a forum thread).

Yeah it looks like I Tweeted the blog. I will correct that.

@jbg4 said:

3 more this week, "Pal" not sure why I used the quotation marks.

Newest Happy Monday Duders about RPG's and my opinion on The Order.

Also started a new series where I chronicle my time with the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The first entry is just about character creation and a few basic quests but the second covers the hilarity that ensues when I try to kill my first monster.

Thanks again. Always greatly appreciated.

I got it, thanks!

Just made a thread for an event going on at my college about women making games!

That sounds great! Please keep me and the rest of the community updated on the experience.

I wrote about Assassin's Creed so you don't have to come on Steam and harass me for a review this week.

Then I will bug you here...what are you wearing today? I want the deets.

@mento said:

Well, there's this thing, this thing and then also this thing.

It was a trifecta week for you!

Great stuff as always!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#17 gamer_152  Moderator

Then I will bug you here...what are you wearing today? I want the deets.

I'm in my Jeff Goldblum cosplay.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZombiePie  Staff

The latest edition of teh Giant Bomb Community Spotlight can be found here.