The Community Spotlight - 03/07/2014

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Special thanks to Sin4profit for This Banner for the Alt+F1 Podcast!
Special thanks to Sin4profit for This Banner for the Alt+F1 Podcast!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! As the banner above suggest there's a new podcast! This one features Drew and continual friend of the site, Danny O'Dwyer, and is all about F1 racing called Alt+F1. The first episode is up for your listening enjoyment over here. Also which one of you created the VinnCo PR Department Twitter account? Seriously, that's kind of creepy. We have sold all of the copies of the Nighthawks posters that there will be printed. Also here's another Alt+F1 user created banner:

No Caption Provided

With that let's get on with the latest episode of the Spotlight!

Clips of the Week

I'm back to having four videos this week! Two come from @wallofbricks how continues to showcase the best of Brad's follies in Demon's Souls. TheBurlapLemur is back with another edition of his BiteSize Bomb video series, which seeks to find the best moments of every Quick Look on Giant Bomb. Finally we have @turboman with yet another great episode of his "Best of Giant Bomb" video series. This episode has more classic Random PC game moments.

Community Activities

• The Mighty Quest for Loot Open Beta Friends Code Exchange Thread - Hook Up with Other Users In the Beta Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Diablo III Community Group - Prepare for Reaper of Souls with Other Users Here!

Wonderful Wikis

@bobafettjm continues to create good wiki pages for "questionable" games with a 400+ point page for a Kids Next Door game. Also, @yummylee has been doing a lot of good work on the wiki pages for various Resident Evil character and concept pages.

Best of Blogs

Hailinel has written a massive blog about the end of the Lightning Saga and what the series means to him. thatpinguino looks back at Bioshock Infinite and the "end" of Irrational as we know it. MikeLemmer has been playing Banished for while, and explains why it is his designated "side-game." Ilikepopcans bought all of the Assassin's Creed mobile games, and breaks down why you should not follow his example. Heo_Swe is still playing Skyrim, and gives you a role-playing inspired look into his adventures. Video_Game_King is still in Japan with the first Onimusha game and Ninja Spirit as his game targets this week. FLStyle comments on the death of Screened as well as other gaming and non-gaming news. Tarfuin struck Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning from his backlog, but explains why the story of 38 Studios is more interesting than the game. dankempster re-kindled his Pokemon itch and has started a blog series of his foray into Pokemon FireRed, whereas Mento finishes his blog series sharing his play-through of Go! Go! Nippon. Mento also wrote a blog detailing how he accomplished some of the hardest achievements for Spelunky. MannyMAR defends his belief that the Crestfallen Warrior is the best NPC in the entire Souls franchise. MajorMitch has his gaming roundup for February, and BlackLagoon is also back with a blog of the new releases for the PlayStation Vita.

Fantastic Forums

Big round of applause goes to andmm for creating a Giant Bomb live stream notification system for Chrome! Related to that we have a community appreciation thread for the greatest American, Twitch user Cigs66. Join Brackynews's community effort to make following users cool again. Finally we have discussion threads for Amy Hening's departure, the second episode of The Walking Dead, Batman Arkham Knight, and when you last said "I'm done" while playing a game.

Lovable Lists

Mento has decided to annotate the number of times video game characters have dramatically cut their hair. Feel free to help him out with more examples.

Useful User Reviews

Potent Podcasts

Good Job mashermallow!
Good Job mashermallow!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

This blog needs to make into the next week's spotlight for its header image alone me thinks!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ZombiePie  Staff
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

@zombiepie: It's ok, but thank you a ton. Yummylee seems to be far better at telling people about my nonsense more than I ever could.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Shivoa

Forgot to submit the post for this so for consideration for next week: Every possible 1080p image

Thread going into one of the questions on the Bombcast. Scroll down to find out whose mouth a tiny Mariachi band is playing inside.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZombiePie  Staff
@shivoa said:

Forgot to submit the post for this so for consideration for next week: Every possible 1080p image

Thread going into one of the questions on the Bombcast. Scroll down to find out whose mouth a tiny Mariachi band is playing inside.

I still don't entirely understand the subject of this blog.

I kid, but no really.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZombiePie  Staff

So things have been a bit "sparse" this week. However, here's the end of the week notifications to users that will have something on the next Spotlight! Congratulations are in store for:

@halomaste19@wallofbricks(keep it going for the next video feature!) @marino(one of these days I plan on actually using your PAX guide) @video_game_king(Or should I say Viktor Yanukovych?) @recspec(Kill la Kill is...eh) @ilikepopcans@mikelemmer@mento(now wanted in three counties for lewd and lascivious activities on sheep) @dankempster@spilledmilkfactory@grantheaslip(finish your games and pay what you are owed) @jeanluc(so how's your flute playing improved?) @mooseymcman(this marks his return to blogging on Giant Bomb!) @vermisean@bollard@flstyle(fighting game nonsense...something something curly mustache....) @turboman(awesome video) @aurahack(first you want me to listen to k-pop, and NOW you want me to watch F-1? I reject your Canadian communism outright!) @humanity@pabba@theburlaplemur(hey you should really post your videos on Giant Bomb) @mmmman@yummylee(alright if I wanted to play my first Resident Evil game, where the Hell would I start?) @finaldasa(great work on Screened, you are always welcomed on Giant Bomb)

Conglaturation !!!

Now go and rest our heroes !

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@zombiepie: I'm glad you're always up to date every time I "return" to blogging.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yo, Zombie, I wrote this. Also that's an amazing picture of Ryan, @marshermallow should be proud.

Marsher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Marsher

@zombiepie thanks for the mention in the spotlight, happy to contribute to the GB community!

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#12  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Just a review this week. Working on something bigger this weekend.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

bitesize bomb is my favourite giant bomb compilation series thing. cool to see it getting some props.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mento said:

Working on something bigger this weekend.

Oddly enough, so am I.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZombiePie  Staff

@mento said:

Working on something bigger this weekend.

Oddly enough, so am I.

I look forward to it!

bitesize bomb is my favourite giant bomb compilation series thing. cool to see it getting some props.

It is certainly one of the more under-appreciated compilation video series related to Giant Bomb. I have always respected the directive of the series which is to find the best moments of EVER Quick Look on Giant Bomb.

Anyways here's the latest edition of the Community Spotlight.