The Next DOTA, Coming To You From... Valve?

• 89 results
PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By PJ

A common missconseption ppl have is that Basshunters DotA song is a new one when it actually is over 4years old. We here in Sweden have been tortured by his shitty songs for longer then you can imagine. Your the lucky ones.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Seedofpower

I'll buy it as long as it has achievements.

spiderfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By spiderfish
Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#54  Edited By Forcen
@DrBobUK: Just a friendly reminder: Use the quote button if you are going to quote someone, less confusion that way.
InsanePotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By InsanePotato

Gordons going to be a playable character in DotA and the episode 3 story will be told by the in-game npcs hidden in the forest? Omg awesome juice

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By empfeix
@PJ: I dont know how that can be a missconception.  I could ask most people do you know who basshunter is and they would be like "who?" 
MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#57  Edited By MeatSim

I just saw that DotA music video and I am speechless.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I have something to say. Can I say something? 

FUCK YES!!!!!! 

^.^
For those worried about Episode 3, take a look at the term Horizontal Consolidation. Might give you a little less worry. It's Valve. They never release a ton of stuff on their games. 

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By ToxicFruit
@phrosnite said:
" Heroes of Newerth is DotA with improvements... Some heroes are missing but it's better than DotA. A new DotA-like game is coming from Icefrog? ROFL! Valve publisher? Rofl! Valve sucks!  HoN is awesome! "
Don't be so sure about that, the community in Hon is just terrible and with the way you write you look like you belong to that group. but give this game a change if you like some other game don't bash something else. 
KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By KinjiroSSD

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't tried to incorporate Dota

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By TheHT

could be promising. valve = quality.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#62  Edited By sjschmidt93

I really hope this is legit. 

Valve + Dota = Fucking awesome

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#63  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I never understood the appeal of DotA. But then again, whenever I tried to play a game I would always get called a "fukin n00b" and get summarily booted. Basically if you didn't start playing DotA when it first came out, you are incapable of learning anything because the community as a whole is spiteful and unfriendly to newcomers.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By stephengotlost

I'm sticking with the free-to-play League of Legends. It's great!

Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Merc

Anyone who played and loved DotA (and still does, but I play Heroes of Newerth) knows that League of Legends is NOT the next DotA. Nor is the original guy who created DotA (Euls) is working at Riot. Guinsoo took over Euls and developed DotA:Allstars for a while until he got a job at Riot. If anything, I'd stick with Heroes.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By ObiKwiet
@phrosnite said:
" Heroes of Newerth is DotA with improvements... Some heroes are missing but it's better than DotA. A new DotA-like game is coming from Icefrog? ROFL! Valve publisher? Rofl! Valve sucks!  HoN is awesome! "
Uh... what? I truly do believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but "Valve sucks"? Really? Your opinion is wrong sir. ROFLCOPTER LOLASAURUS!!
Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jimbo7676

Tell me there at least a few people working on episode 3... *sigh* :(

kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kagekage
@ArbitraryWater said:
" I never understood the appeal of DotA. But then again, whenever I tried to play a game I would always get called a "fukin n00b" and get summarily booted. Basically if you didn't start playing DotA when it first came out, you are incapable of learning anything because the community as a whole is spiteful and unfriendly to newcomers. "
Seriously, the amount of assholes on that game is fucking tremendous. I try playing ONCE, and I'm booted cause of one guy... "OMG WTF NOOB WTF ARE YOU GOING TO BASE YOU FUCKIN NOOB GET OUTTT."
Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Wright

cool I guess, though I kind of want to see dota die out. kind of really...

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By AURON570

never got into dota, so yes i do want

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Deusoma

Calling them "Defence of the Ancients-style games" is as silly as the way they used to call first-person shooters "Doom clones". Just call them Tower Defence games, Brad.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By NoXious
@Deusoma:

It's not a Tower Defense though, traditionally TD gives you a builder and you build towers. DotA is all about controlling 1 hero, and as a team defeat the other heroes through destroying their base. How would you call gameplay like this if not Defense of the Ancients?

I find it weird that there'll be so many DotA clones out though, playing HoN and LoL beta regularly I don't think I can take anymore clones. 

EDIT: And the HoN fanboy needs to get a clue. I play it ALOT - and the community is HORRIBLE, plain HORRIBLE. To top it off, the devs actually seem to want to overpower some heroes and ruin others. It's getting to the point where I simply wont buy it if it stops being beta because I'll only get angry about the imbalances they obviously don't want to remove...
[Think - caster spells not scaling ? Predator's Carni scaling too good etc etc etc etc. THEY ARE ACTUALLY CHARGING MONEY FOR IT!!!!]

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Moztacular

i can also imagine this game taking years to come out

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Deusoma
@NoXious: 
Ah, my apologies. Online PC gaming has always been anathema to me, so I've never actually played DoTA. I was under the impression that the Tower Defence level in Frozen Throne was a version of DoTA adapted by Blizzard into the actual game.
Warskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Warskull

If I was Riot or S2 games I would be worried right now.  Valve does not screw around.

seraph973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77  Edited By seraph973

damn. does this mean i NEED to upgrade just to keep playing DoTA? i hope they make a version that will run fine on warcraft 3 just like before

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Media_Master

First Episode 3, than new dota

Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Merc
@Deusoma said:
" Calling them "Defence of the Ancients-style games" is as silly as the way they used to call first-person shooters "Doom clones". Just call them Tower Defence games, Brad. "
DotA is not a tower defence.
DarkPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By DarkPants

HoN is awesome, and its only in beta

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Deusoma
@Merc: 
@Deusoma said:

@NoXious: 
Ah, my apologies. Online PC gaming has always been anathema to me, so I've never actually played DoTA. I was under the impression that the Tower Defence level in Frozen Throne was a version of DoTA adapted by Blizzard into the actual game.

Already been pointed out, already been taken care of.
orpheusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By orpheusx

Um, Valve doesn't really do the team lead title thing. People work on the projects they want to work on as part of a cabal (their term.) And they're usually pretty tight lipped about projects until they've had some time to cook a while. No doubt they could do a community driven project like this as well or better than anyone but I'm thinking there may be some delusional thinking (or account hacking) at work here.

day2daze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By day2daze

I FEEEEEL ya mon.

LoL, dota= dumb

Icefrog= Let's feed off primitive instinct to run up and down killing things for shiny level up animations and to acquire GREATEST ITEM EVER!!! Stagnant DESSOLATE...er..

Actually that's just blizzard for ya=darth sith, icefrog is only an apprentice, darth vader.

and an hour and a half later? Do it all again :/

day2daze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By day2daze

yeah i i think it's disgusting where valve is headed. Portal might be their last great game if they're going to feed (pun intended) the pimply PC item-acquire-ers.

Left4Dead was the beginning of mindless brain numbing activity. Keep it up valve, never mind the magnificent story telling you once had.

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Slaneesh
@day2daze said:
"I FEEEEEL ya mon.  LoL, dota= dumb Icefrog= Let's feed off primitive instinct to run up and down killing things for shiny level up animations and to acquire GREATEST ITEM EVER!!! Stagnant DESSOLATE...er..  Actually that's just blizzard for ya=darth sith, icefrog is only an apprentice, darth vader. and an hour and a half later? Do it all again :/ "

Team Fortress 2 ins´t in a FPS format?
Doupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Doupi

I am tired of DOTA games. I played LOL, HON and the real DOTA. They have their unique stuff, but a true fan can't play all of  them...

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#87  Edited By JackG100

Since Icefrog is what made DotA playable as a competetive game I'd give this a higher success-chance than HoN or LoL (the latter which sucks quite alot of ass), HoN is a fun flashier version of DotA, still very unbalanced and I don't think it will ever be seen at a gaming competition.

GoatStatik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By GoatStatik

DOTA is all over the place!!!

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#89  Edited By Stefan

When I heard about the dota games i was doubtful... I played dota on a regular basis for the past three year. That said you can imagine that I am a huge fan of the game play. Still I gotta say that there is place for only one dota game in my life, it's time consuming enough as it is.  
One or two month ago I started playing League of Legends, which is pretty much the same as dota though with small but not too insignificant changes: you can port back to your base, mouse focus is always on you character,  shopping is less troublesome than in dota, esspecially for beginners, etc. So I played about 130 games of that now and still love it.    
While the LoL servers were down last week for a content update I was desperate to play some, so I went back to dota, which in comparison felt less comfortable, worse looking and the controls were less accurate. So the dota chapter is definitly done for me!  
I still intend to check out HoN but I didn't get a beta key this far... well I havn't really tried to be honest, but I will soon I guess. 
If valve can manage to make the "best dota version" - why not, I don't care what the label on the game says or who was involved in the development as long as I get my fun out of it!
Diablos1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Diablos1125

Theyre going to have to work hard on the new game though. Heroes of Newerth has won fans over with its improved features on the Dota concept. I'm currently playing the beta and they already got me to prepurchase the game because its so good. If Icefrog can take that Dota idea and expand on it and let Icefrog do what he has always been wanting to do, then they have a sure shot to becoming a successful IP. Here's to hoping that Icefrog pulls it off.