with their casual trash?

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clean

Nintendo killing the industry? More like expanding the industry. I think their gonna get all those casual gamers and eventually they will form into hardcore gamers then SHAZAM you got more people getting videogames. Nintendo is a smart business company.

nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nitric

sorry but i prefer real games not wii music

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Dude, this is not system wars. Do not post trolling topics that just blindly bash other consoles. *Waits for PS3 is teh sux topic*

Oh, and without Nintendo you wouldn't have any game industry at all.

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MasterSplinter

Nintendo is far from killing the gaming industry. They just happened to have found a niche with the casual. Just because they aren't pushing out the hardcore Zelda and Metroid titles every 6 months doesn't mean it is killing the industry. If you don't like what Nintendo has to offer, there are 2 other consoles for you to enjoy. There is something out there for everyone to enjoy.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Clean

;p we all know Nintendo focuses on casual gamers but they do have some real good games.
Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twighlight Princes, Metriod Prime 3, Super Smash Brothers, No More Heroes, Super Paper Mario

TehBonerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TehBonerer
caption
caption
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
nitric said:
"sorry but i prefer real games not wii music "
Yes, because playing as a space marine as opposed to playing with a virtual dog is so much better.  We all have our different tastes.  Gamers, like you and I, prefer games that lean more towards action, adventure and whatnot.  Others may not feel the same way and we have to accept that.  Nintendo isn't killing the industry; saying so is only suppressing their ideology of expansion.
Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Terra1909

I don't get how they're killing the industry. However, they do need some more good games for the Wii. Hopefully the Wii Motion + will enable developers to make better games.

H4xlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By H4xlike

Nintendo already killed gaming, luckily it was resurrected with PLAYSTATION.  Its XBOX that is trying to kill it again.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
H4xlike said:
"Nintendo already killed gaming, luckily it was resurrected with PLAYSTATION.  Its XBOX that is trying to kill it again. "
Any support or evidence of this?
LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By LouChou

Casual gaming is only further expanding the rest of gaming. These casual gamers suddenly throw on a pair of testicles and decide that they wanna try actual video games. Thats not to say they stick with the latter, but at least they try them; hence feeding the industry.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By atejas

i vote that any unsupported sytem-war type thread get neg'd to oblivion.
'sides, it's one bad year. As I recall, the PS3 is doing remarkably well considering they started with Giant Enemy Crab.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By bwooduhs

The gaming industry is a big thing. There is plenty of room for casual and hardcore games.

TehBonerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TehBonerer
H4xlike said:
"Nintendo already killed gaming, luckily it was resurrected with PLAYSTATION.  Its XBOX that is trying to kill it again.
"
yeah i too thought the dark knight was a way better movie then mgs4
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Jensonb

Movies survived going populist, books did, music did, TV did. Games will too.

What's wrong with you?

nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nitric

looks like the soccer moms are on this forum. preferring wii music over real games lol

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Termite
nitric said:
"looks like the soccer moms are on this forum. preferring wii music over real games lol
"
You know, you might get banned for all of your trolling. Just saying.

And Nintendo is doing great things for the industry. I personally am not into all of the casual games, but they're getting new people interested in the industry which is always a good thing
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By atejas
nitric said:
"looks like the soccer moms are on this forum. preferring wii music over real games lol
"

looks like twelve-year olds are on this forum. trolling lol.
nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nitric

bu bububub trolling :(

you kids have no argument, gg

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fr0br0
nitric said:
"bu bububub trolling :(

"
You brought no argument. Do you even know what you are talking about or did you just hear one of the older kids say something about Nintendo.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Clean

You didn't even put up an agruement like I would've liked facts but nope

nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nitric

E3 is enough proof that Nintendo is casualizing the gaming market.  Now I know why they call you sheep..

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Termite
nitric said:

"
You act as if the 360 is some sort of bastion for hardcoreness, but even the 360 has games like Uno for sale. Industry is trying to appeal to more people, so they have to go a bit more casual.

I mean the Wii has SSBB, which although kid friendly could be considered one of the MOST hardcore games out there.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By atejas
nitric said:

"

you bring nothing to base an argument on. Fine. You want an argument?
Nintendo has confirmed that they're developing a new Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pikmin and Kid Icarus. There's your argument.
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Just let this topic die, he's got no argument and is only trying to fuel rage and/or trying to establish a horrible reputation for himself.

nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nitric
atejas said:
"nitric said:

"

you bring nothing to base an argument on. Fine. You want an argument?
Nintendo has confirmed that they're developing a new Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pikmin and Kid Icarus. There's your argument."
so basically they keep rehashing teh same franchise? LMFAO
nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nitric
Termite said:
"nitric said:

"
You act as if the 360 is some sort of bastion for hardcoreness, but even the 360 has games like Uno for sale. Industry is trying to appeal to more people, so they have to go a bit more casual.

I mean the Wii has SSBB, which although kid friendly could be considered one of the MOST hardcore games out there.
"
how is a party game hardcore? LOOL
bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bennyboy
Sleepy_Insomniac said:
"nitric said:
"sorry but i prefer real games not wii music "
Yes, because playing as a space marine as opposed to playing with a virtual dog is so much better.  We all have our different tastes.  Gamers, like you and I, prefer games that lean more towards action, adventure and whatnot.  Others may not feel the same way and we have to accept that.  Nintendo isn't killing the industry; saying so is only suppressing their ideology of expansion.
"
Yeah it probably is tbh
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By atejas
Sleepy_Insomniac said:
"Just let this topic die, he's got no argument and is only trying to fuel rage and/or trying to establish a horrible reputation for himself.
"

exactly. Keep this up, and he's bound to get trash-talked every time he shows his face here.
Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Hef

What Nintendo is doing to the Video Game market is the same thing that happened to the movie and music industry. They started out relatively small, having decent talent all around, a lot of variety. Then it got popular, and they started getting flooded with crap and people trying to get rich of the new fad. They're both obviously still around today, but the good to crap ratio is a lot lower. I think that nintendo is bringing in new people to the gaming industry, but at the same time hurting it with this massive flood of crap like we're seeing in the music industry.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By atejas

Seriously, you cannot judge a game company by one year's E3 performance. Remember Giant Enemy Crab?

nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nitric
atejas said:
"Seriously, you cannot judge a game company by one year's E3 performance. Remember Giant Enemy Crab?"
Sony is the joke of the industry. Why? E3 2006
TrakMastaTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrakMastaTom
Fr0Br0 said:
"Dude, this is not system wars. Do not post trolling topics that just blindly bash other consoles. *Waits for PS3 is teh sux topic*

"

That is all that needs to be said.  No one is forcing you to play these games.  No one is killing the gaming industry because it is bigger than it has ever been and will continue to grow.  Nintendo making games like Wii Music doesn't make other companies incapable of making the games they want to make.

So no, fail.
jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jonb1

This is a game forum....why was a Nintendo thread made?

israeliredneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By israeliredneck

I love ninty.

PLaying with a controller is so hard, and not being able to win all the time without trying is annoying. I wish they made games even easier. I mean, wii sports makes me feel bad since I can't win without trying. They need to make that stuff easier.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By atejas
nitric said:
"atejas said:
"Seriously, you cannot judge a game company by one year's E3 performance. Remember Giant Enemy Crab?"
Sony is the joke of the industry. Why? E3 2006
"
Sony WAS the joke of the industry. Then they went and made MGS4, and all of a suden, they're not too bad.
nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nitric
TrakMastaTom said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"Dude, this is not system wars. Do not post trolling topics that just blindly bash other consoles. *Waits for PS3 is teh sux topic*

"

That is all that needs to be said.  No one is forcing you to play these games.  No one is killing the gaming industry because it is bigger than it has ever been and will continue to grow.  Nintendo making games like Wii Music doesn't make other companies incapable of making the games they want to make.

So no, fail."
Did you not see M$'s E3 press conf?  They tried to go the casual way BECAUSE of Nintendo.
jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jonb1

Its the same people lol

Bodycount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Bodycount

seriously, after the abysmal E3 showing with carrot top I don't ever want to hear anyone defending nintendo ever again.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Termite

Press conferences mean nothing. Track records:

Nintendo: so many classic games, but more recently, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros, Resident Evil 4, quite a few others

Sony: Final Fantasy series is milked a lot, but most of the games are great, Metal Gear Series, Uncharted

Microsoft: Halo Series, Gears, like a dozen other ok shooters, Uno

I know I'm missing some, but Microsoft is making just as much crap as Nintendo and Sony. And you can't diss those two companies, they MADE gaming.

israeliredneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By israeliredneck
Termite said:
"Press conferences mean nothing. Track records:

Nintendo: so many classic games, but more recently, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros, Resident Evil 4, quite a few others

Sony: Final Fantasy series is milked a lot, but most of the games are great, Metal Gear Series, Uncharted

I know I'm missing some, but Microsoft is making just as much crap as Nintendo and Sony. And you can't diss those two companies, they MADE gaming.
"
LOL

Learn history son. Atari and PONG made gaming.

Ninty saw an oppertunity, and siezed it - if not them, someone else would have. Ninty has been sitting on its laurels since then, until last gen, when they released the wii, which is a fucking desert if you are anything but a casual gamer.

Hell, they even said that the franchises they have are too hard for the costumers they want now, and will dumb down their games.
Wazzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wazzu
Termite said:

"
You know this sheep has survived Nintendo droughts before when he lists a 3 year old game as "recent"
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Termite
Wazzu said:
"Termite said:

"
You know this sheep has survived Nintendo droughts before when he lists a 3 year old game as "recent"
"
What are you trying to gang up on me? I don't own a wii and I have something like 6 gamecube games. I'm far from a big fan of Nintendo, I'm just saying that Microsoft is no better than them right now.

And yes I know Atari originally started it all, but then they fucked up by having so much trash that nobody cared anymore. At least you can be glad none of the 3 megapublishers are that bad right now
KiLL3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By KiLL3r

The industry is pack with Core Gamers, there's nothing wrong with what Nintendo is doing. They want people that aren't into video games, there press conference was for those people.They haven't forgotten about  the Core, they said that new Mario, Zelda are coming as well as other 1st party  & 3rd Party games.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jensonb
nitric said:

"
That's you, actually. I've cited evidence that you're wrong.

Again: Music, movies, TV, books.
They all survived going populist, it's the natural progression of entertainment. It's not Nintendo killing games.

Or is populist too big-boy of a word for you? Fine, you can replace it with "casual" in your head if you must.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By atejas

I say again.
Giant. Enemy. Crab.
One year E3=/=Future of the company.

Bodycount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By Bodycount

As if Nintendo had anything to do with RE4. That's all capcom and shinji Mikami.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Termite
Bodycount said:
"As if Nintendo had anything to do with RE4. That's all capcom and shinji Mikami.
"
Well it's not like Microsoft had much more to do with Halo.

I respect Bungie, but Microsoft had little to do with the game
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jensonb
H4xlike said:
"Jensonb said:
"nitric said:

"
That's you, actually. I've cited evidence that you're wrong.

Again: Music, movies, TV, books.
They all survived going populist, it's the natural progression of entertainment. It's not Nintendo killing games.

Or is populist too big-boy of a word for you? Fine, you can replace it with "casual" in your head if you must.
"
I picture you look like the kid in your avatar. 
"
Well since that's me, I fail to see your point :P