Unpopular games that you have liked?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think my best example of his kind of thing is Tibia. Many of you will never heard of this game but it's an extremely unpopular game among those that have. Still, I was reasonably young when I started to play this game and it was my first ever MMO. It may not be the best game ever but it's part of my history with video games.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Sabata

I loved Boktai and Boktai 2 on the GBA.  Wish they had brought the third one over.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Cerza

Tenchu Z. I liked it even though no one else seems to.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Super Mario Sunshine, Wipeout Fusion, Shadowrun (360)

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By Jeust

Wipeout Fusion too...

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3, a great fan service, with awesome controls...

And well... Star Wars The Force Unleashed... :p

@The_A_Drain said:
"
@clubsandwich said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
" @clubsandwich: Since when was REmake unpopular? O_o that's news to me. "
I don't really mean unpopular, it's just that a lot of people think that re4 is the greatest re game, I just mean that it's not as popular as re4 and remake was more for the core fan base"
Any core Resi fan who likes Re4 over.. well.. any of them (with the exception of non main franchise titles, like Gaiden or Survivor etc, maybe Resi 3 and Code Veronica) is not a core Resi fan imo. "

errrrrrr which ones are left out??? :$

Just kidding... To speak truthfully I love resident Evil 4, never played the first one for more than some minutes, and actually enjoyed a great deal of the second. But for me 4 is the best. 

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By eclipsesis

conflict desert strom 1, 2, and the modern war one

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#57  Edited By Hailinel

I actually enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus.  No, it wasn't great, and it was kind of clunky, but I found it worth my time and fun to play through.  There were a lot of things that it could have done better (and in fact the gameplay of the North American version was given various tweaks to improve it over the initial Japanese release), but heck, I'd play it again.

I'm also maybe one of five people on the entire planet that actually liked Castlevania Judgment.  Once again, not a great game, and the amount of Wii Remote shaking it asks of you can produce wrist strain, but it's not the only way to play the game.  Also, I found the anime-inspired character designs fun and the remixed Castlevania themes included in the game are superb.  No, it's not a great game, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like playing it.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Qorious

Dynasty Warriors. Yes, there's been a lot of iterations of the game, but I still enjoy playing it. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#59  Edited By Hailinel
@Qorious said:
" Dynasty Warriors. Yes, there's been a lot of iterations of the game, but I still enjoy playing it.  "
Damn straight.  I actually intend to pick up Dynasty Warriors 6:  Empires when it's released.
skilzlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By skilzlost

sim city socities, black and white 2,

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Qorious
@Hailinel said:
"
@Qorious said:
" Dynasty Warriors. Yes, there's been a lot of iterations of the game, but I still enjoy playing it.  "
Damn straight.  I actually intend to pick up Dynasty Warriors 6:  Empires when it's released. "
Exactly! Although I do believe in the philosophy that if you've played one Dynasty Warriors game, you've played them all. 
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Ket87

I'm not really seeing a lot of black sheep games in here, some of the ones being mentioned have been downright popular or are unknown cult following games. I'm going to be original here and say I love Advent Rising. That game was sick as fuck and I don't care how glitchy it was or how many games it ripped off it was a fun ass game and I was disappointed Majesco went bankrupt and couldn't finish the trilogy.

sept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By sept

Tomba 2 = Good stuff.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Advent Rising was amazing while it lasted, for me. Unfortunately my game bugged out on the third level, and I couldn't play it.

My list.

Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors
Tenchu Z
The Outfit (Co-op only)
Chromehounds (At least I think it's a black sheep)
Blinkz 2: Partners in time (The game with the cat with the time vacuum. The sequel.)

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By buzz_killington

Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#66  Edited By dsplayer1010
Assassin's Creed
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tmthomsen
@GobiasIndustries said:
" Ocarina of Time, Grand Theft Auto 3, Super Mario World. "
Fail.
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Enter The Matrix. Something might be wrong with me...

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By zityz

Star wars: Jedi Power Battles. Glitches bugs and all!

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By cc23574
@jukezypoo said:
"
@CoverlessTech said:
"
@cc23574 said:
" SC Double Agent, I thought it was awesome! "
You know what, I agree. Everyone ALWAYS seems to hate on this game but I actually enjoyed it. "
Hey, another game I, too, loved, and I've been a fan of splinter-cell since the release-date of its first iteration. I also loved a game, who's name I am having trouble remembering, it was Mizt or Myzt, or Mist, or Myst, I dunno. It was NOT the point and click adventure though, it was a point and click brawler with what I thought was a GREAT story, and one of the first games I played that had a pretty deep moral-choice system.

If anyone knows of the name, and tells me, I will personally walk to your house and hand you a cookie-pie
"

That's a hard one dude. I do know Myst, but that's a point and click adventure. Who developed it?
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By Milkman

Perfect Dark Zero

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72  Edited By Seppli

Rollcage and Rollcage : Stage 2

Most underrated fun racer ever. Wipeout was in the limelight. Rollcage is the better and more bad ass Wipeout. Rollcage was ahead of its time with its destructible environments and crazy physics. Great game. I really hope Sony does something with this franchise. I want a well done current-gen Rollcage.

Rollcage : Stage 2 on youtube.com (nice!)

P.S. I suspect, Rollcage invented the 'Blue Turtle Shell' first. Attention To Detail!

blackjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By blackjosh
@Wolverine: OMG I F'n LOVE JET SET RADIO. I wanted to be a graffiti artist ever since lol.

for me... it was DW: Gundam 2 i played that for way too long. seeing all the gundams was cool though. lol.
blackjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By blackjosh
@dsplayer1010: SINCE WHEN WAS AC UNPOPULAR
that game sold a ton.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Grabbed by the Ghoulies for the Xbox. :)

Rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By Rob
@Kowbrainz said:
" Grabbed by the Ghoulies for the Xbox. :) "
I thought I was the only one!

I also really liked Obi-wan on the original xbox, which I seem to remember getting panned in just about every gaming publication going
Bob_Toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bob_Toeback

Splinter Cell Double Agent (For reg. Xbox and 360) Assassin's Creed (definatly agree it was kinda a let down, but still tons of fun, just over hyped before it came out :P) Minority Report (lol, this game is pretty bad, and the only way I can really play it is with tons of cheats on, but its quite fun to come back to and play a couple of the levels again)

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#78  Edited By dsplayer1010
@blackjosh: Critically
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CL60

A lot of these games people are saying are not even unpopular....

Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Protoroll

For me it was Simpson's Road Rage. I love that game to death.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Mirror's edge 

I liked the MushroomMen games, both the DS and Wii ones
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#82  Edited By MKHavoc

I really like Too Human and all those Tycoon games.

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83  Edited By Serker

A lot of people are picking games that were rated well but not many people played but i like Armored Core games more than I should, and those get plenty of hate, along with the new Brothers in Arms game which I thought was only slightly less awesome than the second one. last generation I must've spent months playing Phantom Crash too.

There was also a GBA game called Battlebots: Design and Destroy... I was about 10 at the time so every game seemed good.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NickL

i LOVED fallout tactics
i also really liked army of two, i thought the aggro system was a refreshing site in third person shooters and it kinda makes me said to see that no one took this concept and fleshed it out a little more
heres to hoping that army of two two does flesh it out more >_>

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By LeoMinor
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@clubsandwich said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
I don't really mean unpopular, it's just that a lot of people think that re4 is the greatest re game, I just mean that it's not as popular as re4 and remake was more for the core fan base"
Any core Resi fan who likes Re4 over.. well.. any of them (with the exception of non main franchise titles, like Gaiden or Survivor etc, maybe Resi 3 and Code Veronica) is not a core Resi fan imo. "
I own and beat every Resident Evil game (0-5, Code Veronica) and 4 is still my favorite.  I've also read the S.D. Perry books.  So what kind of RE fan does that make me?
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By clubsandwich
@LeoMinor said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@clubsandwich said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
I own and beat every Resident Evil game (0-5, Code Veronica) and 4 is still my favorite.  I've also read the S.D. Perry books.  So what kind of RE fan does that make me? "
that makes you a one in a million case.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By The_A_Drain
@LeoMinor said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@clubsandwich said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
I own and beat every Resident Evil game (0-5, Code Veronica) and 4 is still my favorite.  I've also read the S.D. Perry books.  So what kind of RE fan does that make me?"

A shitty one. And 0-5 is not every resi game. You're missing 2 (possibly 3) survivor games, Dead Aim, Outbreak 1 and 2, Gaiden, etc etc. And don't forget comics, archive books, advertising poster books, and I have even more in my collection.

Anyhow, my statement still remains my opinion, you're not a Resi fan if 4 is your favorite, it might not be a reasonable or logical opinion, but fuck logic Resident Evil is my one fanboy zone and I'm logical enough everywhere else most of the time, true Survival Horror went into a coma with the release of Resident Evil 4 and i'll never forgive it for that no matter how much I loved it.
axxiomatiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By axxiomatiq
@Seppli: I'm behind you on this one.  I never really had a taste for Wipeout, but the Rollcage games totally aced the high-speed futuristic arcade racing genre, in my opinion.  The critics never liked Rollcage, if I recall correctly, but I suspect that lots of them just didn't have the patience to get a feel for the way the cars handled.  Great, great, games.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#89  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@LeoMinor said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@clubsandwich said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
I own and beat every Resident Evil game (0-5, Code Veronica) and 4 is still my favorite.  I've also read the S.D. Perry books.  So what kind of RE fan does that make me?"

A shitty one. And 0-5 is not every resi game. You're missing 2 (possibly 3) survivor games, Dead Aim, Outbreak 1 and 2, Gaiden, etc etc. And don't forget comics, archive books, advertising poster books, and I have even more in my collection. Anyhow, my statement still remains my opinion, you're not a Resi fan if 4 is your favorite, it might not be a reasonable or logical opinion, but fuck logic Resident Evil is my one fanboy zone and I'm logical enough everywhere else most of the time, true Survival Horror went into a coma with the release of Resident Evil 4 and i'll never forgive it for that no matter how much I loved it. "
A little harsh, don't you think? Does owning all the bad RE spinoffs (you forgot Umbrella Chronicles) and lots of memorabilia prove anything other than blind devotion?

I am kind of in the same boat as him. I started with 4, bought REmake and enjoyed it, then bought 0 and 2, (and 5) and I will probably purchase 3 (and maybe code veronica) eventually once I find it for a good price. I would consider myself a "core" RE fan, even if I do like 4 the most. It is, after all, the most playable. But hey, let's not turn this thread into an arguement. We can have a PM exchange or a seprerate thread for that.
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Expletive

quake 4

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#91  Edited By Black_Rose

There are way too many, so I'll only list a few:

Endless Ocean
Excite Truck
Crash Bash
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Super Mario Sunshine (best Mario game imo)
Perfect Dark Zero
SSX Blur
007 The World is not Enough
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Oneechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
Naruto: Clash of Ninja series

LamontRaymond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By LamontRaymond

Ultimate Block Party

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By LiquidPrince

DOA X2.

XD

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The_A_Drain
@ArbitraryWater:

It's not 'the most playable' it's  'the least survival horror' it's an action game, not a survival horror game and as I said, I fucking loved it, it's one of my favorite action games of all time. But it's not survival horror, and in terms of the franchise itself I hold it in the same regard I would Dirge of Cerberus or similar, it's a bastard child spin-off that should never have been so successfull because it more or less killed an entire genre. Not to mention spawned legions of insta-fans who have no idea what the series was about and who would have been just as happy with the game without any ties to the Resi franchise.

Edit: Like I said though, I love it, but as an action game, i've stated my opinions and i've already admitted that this is my fanboy vice, even though I consider my opinion logical, if a little hatefull. Hordes of newcomers who loved Resi 4 convinced Capcom to continue the series in that manner, and survival horror died, what we have now is at best, a horror/hybrid mix, with almost no elements of survival at all (and that includes Dead Space, Alone in the Dark, the new Silent Hill's etc etc) Thankfully we might be seeing a small resurgance of the genre on the wii, but 3 games (one of which isn't coming to the states/europe) is all there is for now, and only 2 of them look decent.

It's as simple as that, I love Resi 4 as an action game, it totally revitalised third person shooters and came up with a winning formula for them that has become the standard ever since. But in doing so, it killed the survival horror genre and I can't forgive it for that.
Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Time_Lord

Warcraft three frozen throne more specifically the dota mod every one seems to hate it but its awesome.

Crispynipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Crispynipples

I really liked Samurai Warriors 2, I spent 40+ hours 1k'ing that on an old account :/

Storphrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Storphrax

I really enjoyed Starfox Adventures for some reason, I must have beaten it 2 or 3 times.

Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Cyst

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam isn't so bad if you don't buy every single game that comes out.
DW: G2 was pretty good and it was actually POLISHED, something that is rarely seen when it comes to Dynasty Warriors.

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99  Edited By Turtlefuzz
@ImperiousRix said:
" Hardly anybody mentions Bully, but that was one of my favorite games on PS2. "
I love bully too, it's a great game.

Off the top of my head I'd say, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Psychonauts,  Escape From Monkey Island (I don't know anyone that played it), Chu Chu Rocket, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge.
ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#100  Edited By ImperiousRix
@turtlefuzz said:
"
@ImperiousRix said:
" Hardly anybody mentions Bully, but that was one of my favorite games on PS2. "
I love bully too, it's a great game.Off the top of my head I'd say, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Psychonauts,  Escape From Monkey Island (I don't know anyone that played it), Chu Chu Rocket, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge."

Oh man, I forgot about Psychonauts.  And I loved Escape from Monkey Island, too.  I don't know many people who played it, and those who know about it, but have followed the series always seems to look upon it with disdain for some reason.