Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By xxNBxx
Sentry said:
"Major said:
"Sentry said:
"TheSnakeOfWar said:
"4. War Hawk How The Hell Did That game get so much prasie. thats All im gonna say about it  because i want to keep my post PG"
Because it's a great game, and you don't understand that until you actually get good at, which takes a while."
You're such a loser, Sentry. haha
This thread is titled "Well received games that you didn't like" for a reason.  You always seem to get butthurt when someones opinions don't match yours."
You're right... But the way, he was asking how th hell the game got so much praise, and I answered him... makes me a loser lol.

I'm just saying, I have had many friends (real life as well) who just hated the game at first (me included), it just felt like a cheap unbalanced not well made game. But seriously, you have to play the game a lot to understand, any game media outlet has even said this. That's the one thing about WH that sucks, is its hard to get into (learning curve)."
He wasn't asking it was rhetorical question.  And all you did was basically say you suck at the game thats why you didn't like it.  You shouldn't have to be good at a game to like it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

xxNBxx said:
"Sentry said:
"Major said:
"Sentry said:
"TheSnakeOfWar said:
"4. War Hawk How The Hell Did That game get so much prasie. thats All im gonna say about it  because i want to keep my post PG"
Because it's a great game, and you don't understand that until you actually get good at, which takes a while."
This thread is titled "Well received games that you didn't like" for a reason.  You always seem to get butthurt when someones opinions don't match yours."
You're right... But the way, he was asking how th hell the game got so much praise, and I answered him... makes me a loser lol.

I'm just saying, I have had many friends (real life as well) who just hated the game at first (me included), it just felt like a cheap unbalanced not well made game. But seriously, you have to play the game a lot to understand, any game media outlet has even said this. That's the one thing about WH that sucks, is its hard to get into (learning curve)."
He wasn't asking it was rhetorical question.  And all you did was basically say you suck at the game thats why you didn't like it.  You shouldn't have to be good at a game to like it."
Ummm, where did I say he sucked? Obviously he isn't GOOD at the game, and that is not an offensive statment AT ALL, we all know, the gaming press included, that WH has a really steep learning curve and that's why at first sight you might be thinking "Wtf is this?". He said how did the game get so much praise, I answered him, are you really jumping on my ass for that? XD

And I never said you have to be good at the game to like it, you just have to know how to play enough to like it, which takes time. Just ask get2sammyb, he made a thread asking how the hell do people like this game, everyone explained, and he played more and more and he said he is getting around to liking it more now.

Again, he asked and I explained the truth, you can't argue with me for that.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sentry, I liked the original Warhawk, if you can use that in your argument at all. 

Haha. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL! I never even played it. ><

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By xxNBxx
Sentry said:
"xxNBxx said:
"Sentry said:
"Major said:
"Sentry said:
"TheSnakeOfWar said:

He wasn't asking it was rhetorical question.  And all you did was basically say you suck at the game thats why you didn't like it.  You shouldn't have to be good at a game to like it."
Ummm, where did I say he sucked? Obviously he isn't GOOD at the game, and that is not an offensive statment AT ALL, we all know, the gaming press included, that WH has a really steep learning curve and that's why at first sight you might be thinking "Wtf is this?". He said how did the game get so much praise, I answered him, are you really jumping on my ass for that? XD

And I never said you have to be good at the game to like it, you just have to know how to play enough to like it, which takes time. Just ask get2sammyb, he made a thread asking how the hell do people like this game, everyone explained, and he played more and more and he said he is getting around to liking it more now.

Again, he asked and I explained the truth, you can't argue with me for that."
You don't know what rhetorical question means do you?  Ok let me tell you.  A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply. For example, "Why me, Lord?"   He didn't say how long he played so how do you even know.  You assume just cause he didn't like it he wasn't good,  thats the problem  you don't feel he should have an opinion about a game you like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xxNBxx said:
"Sentry said:
"xxNBxx said:
"Sentry said:
"Major said:
"Sentry said:
"TheSnakeOfWar said:

Again, he asked and I explained the truth, you can't argue with me for that."
You don't know what rhetorical question means do you?  Ok let me tell you.  A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply. For example, "Why me, Lord?"   He didn't say how long he played so how do you even know.  You assume just cause he didn't like it he wasn't good,  thats the problem  you don't feel he should have an opinion about a game you like."
Lol... YES, I know what that means, he wasn't ASKING specifically, as in for an answer. But he was wondering why it gets so much praise, and I told him why it does. You are arguing beyond the point about why did I even respond to him? Come on..

Good job swerving around the points and attacking me for no reason, thanks. Think this discussion is over, unless of course you would like to continue to blindly bash me for whatever reason. >_>
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#107  Edited By Arkthemaniac

TEH QUOTES!

Start your quote tree anew, guys.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By xxNBxx

LOL Sentry you are unbelievable.  You dance around everything.  You admit he wasn't asking, yet answer but then "say he was wondering"  you still don't get it.  

And your great counter to his "why so much praise" reaction is "Because it's a great game, and you don't understand that until you actually get good at, which takes a while"  Hardly an enlightend answer.    By that standered Ninja Gaiden 2 is a great game not because of the quality of the game but because it very hard to master.   You shouldn't need to play a game for weeks to find out its good.  Or what if he just sucked?  Why wasn't he matched up with ppl of = skill?  Isn't that the games fail not his?

And whats the point?  The point is he didn't like WH so, who are you to tell him he was wrong? (rhetorical question) Don't try to say you didn't tell him he was wrong because, you wouldn't have repled to him if you didn't think he was wrong. 

I don't have any big problem with you just let ppl have their opinions.   your welcome

PS i am done talking about it as well now.  if you want to go right ahead.
PPS i think this topic has been killed by us so i will start a new one    XP

Bansheebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Bansheebot

Boy, I'm exhausted just watching this tug-of-war.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bansheebot said:
"Boy, I'm exhausted just watching this tug-of-war."
Lol, me too, im out. I posted facts, sorry if you can't take that. Obviously you just popped/went a tad insane, but to each his own.

-out
marbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By marbig
Jayge said:
"I'm no fan of Gears of War."
Nor am I.
BothBarsOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BothBarsOn

Mass Effect. I've only just played it and honest to God, I was on the Internet every five minutes re-reading the reviews to make sure I had the same game. Horrible frame-rate, ludicrous texture pop-ins - it made me feel I was on under-specced PC instead of a 360.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Otacon

San Andreas. I really think the controls are sloppy.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Hl2.  The game is... meh.
Also Mario Galaxy and GTA4.  That being said, they're still good games. (i think HL2 is mediocre- tiimeshift is just as good tbh)

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#115  Edited By ZimpanX

Bioshock, sure it was a great game but not the masterpiece everyone claimed it was. I even looked up the second ending on Youtube as I has no intentions of ever touching it again after I had beaten it.

roscone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By roscone

Gears of War just didn't do it for me.  Sure it looks great and the shooting mechanics work well, but I just don't like them.  Plus, the characters are worthless.  I guess that's the biggest problem for me.  I don't find Marcus Fenix's tough guy attitude appealing at all.  I'd be much happier with a game that actually has good characters and story.  Also, the third person view is less than ideal for me.  I don't feel entirely connected to what I am doing in the game.  I can see why people would enjoy Gears, but it just is not for me at all.  And yet I keep it in my collection...

Either way, I'm probably going to skip on the sequel.

SG_Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SG_Mahonay

Although Army of Two got mixed reactions from game critics, I know it was a big success with gamers.  I just didn't get it.  I thought the controls were absolutely horrible.  The feel of shooting was just really off, it somehow felt like it was on rails.  Moving around had a wonky feel to it with all of the moves kind of staggered together, missing any sort of smooth transitions.  On top of that everything had a horribly generic look to it.  Not to mention it was one of the most offensive games I have played in a while.  As far as the dialogue goes?  I'm convinced they hired a 6th grader with ADD and a severe case of Tourette's Syndrome to write the script.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By guiseppe

Halo 3, or the Halo series in general. I just don't get what's so great.

SG_Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By SG_Mahonay
guiseppe said:
"Halo 3, or the Halo series in general. I just don't get what's so great."
Do you predominantly play PC first person shooters?
Terrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#120  Edited By Terrell

Let's see...

Dead Rising (boring and bland)
Call of Duty 4 (bland and unbalanced)
Braid (people look at everything except for the actual GAMEPLAY!)
Guitar Hero/Rock Band (I don't like Rock music, but like music games. Give me something with Hip-Hop / Jazz / R&B and I will be on board.)
Puzzle Quest (again, boring)
GTA Vice City (Just not good)
Mech Assault (repetitive!)

I could go on but you get the idea!!!

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Riddler

MGS4

i like games, not shitty movies

Avatar image for weskers_evil_brother
Weskers_evil_brother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't think much of OKami myself.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By mattbodega

I love RPG's, hack  N' Slash games, and good old fashioned looting. But for the life of me, I coudn't get into Diablo. Always thought the Action RPG progenitor was boring as hell.
I would say SC4 as well, but, then again, not all the praise for that game has been cheers and 9.0's.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler said:
"MGS4

i like games, not shitty movies"
Have you even played it? Didn't think so.
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By xxNBxx
Sentry said:
"Riddler said:
"MGS4

Have you even played it? Didn't think so."
LOL here we go again
MvmntInGrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MvmntInGrn

I've seen Bioshock mentioned a few times, hope its not too bad since I plan on getting the PS3 version in October. Though most every game mentioned in here has its lovers ans dislikers (not a real word) I suppose. A demo would be nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xxNBxx said:
"Sentry said:
"Riddler said:
"MGS4

Have you even played it? Didn't think so."
LOL here we go again"
Lol, hey im just saying! Because im seeing him in a bunch of threads saying XXX games are shit, but im wondering if he has ever really PLAYED the,.. if so then to each his own, but im doubting it.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By pause422

It is Ridder you're referring to here, of course he'll name a game on PS3 and bash it because thats all he does.

mine is halo 3 and assassin's creed off the top of my head. Initially liked AC, just got repetitive, then I realized I was going to be doing the same 'get info,pickpocket some dude, take someone out' thing for the entire thing and just kinda lost interest,halo 3, is just a same rehash of halo 2 with a gadget button which are all dumb items to begin with...and the whole community sharing stuff and forge that always gets mentioned as if its revolutionary and amazing is stuff you've been able to do for over 10 years on the PC with almost any game, and do it better, so whatever.

ah, Kingdom Hearts too, I hate disney stuff, and I don't enjoy playing in a prepubescent looking game controlling a kid that looks like hes 8 with a story that looks like its set to entertain no one else other than kids of the same age.  Will also never understand the whole FF7 'best game ever made' claims that people say.  Just my things I can think of atm.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By xxNBxx

Well I didn't play MGS4 but i did watch it on youtube and thought it was fun lol

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By AuthenticM

Guitar Hero

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Patchinko
Gears of War: Might be overdoing it to say I didn't like it. I just didn't get it. It bored me.

Halo 3: Can't stand console shooters to begin with, so I'll put that out there immediately. Also, figuring out what to attack and so forth on a morphed wide-screen playing multiplayer sucked. Found myself pretty annoyed, wanting to go back to playing TF2.

Bioshock: Still don't get what all the hype is about. People tell me it's the story, which I unfortunately found pretty lame. Gameplay was more of the same for the FPS genre. Meh.

Worst one, in my opinion: Vagrant's Story

I've seriously tried to start and enjoy VS 4 times and after a while, the weapon switching and the fact that I have to use certain weapons against certain types of enemies just bored me to tears. Too bad, too, because I really love FFT and FF12, so I'd love to be able to suffer through VS, but I just can't bring myself to do it!
Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Okami ws great!

GTA4 i didn't really like...don't see what's the big woop lol
DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By DiscoLights

Onimusha 3

MacGyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#134  Edited By MacGyver

i could not freaking stand oblivion. maybe because i like JRPG's to much.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man.  All the Oblivion hate.  I'm sincerely surprised.  Not just because I love it, personally, but because everyone I know who's played it loves it, also. 

I'm curious as to what percentage of the anti-Oblivion following is loyal to Morrowind.

I used to be a Morrowind guy, but I can never go back. 

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Tanuki

Well, I can't name just one.  So here are my top 3 games I hate and why:

1.  Bioshock.  Great atmosphere for the first 30 minutes.  Until it becomes nothing more than a medicore shooter with an extremely poorly implemented "different bullets do different damage" mechanic.  Oh, and the fact that there's no reason to Harvest little sisters.  You get FAR more than enough Adam saving them.  Oh and the plot twist... please... who DIDN'T see it coming?
2.  Crysis.  Poor script, poor VA and enough bugs & glitches to wonder how the game passed Q&A testing.  I don't remember the last game were I died walking through a door because of some weird clipping issue only to load my game up and spawn in the middle of the floor.
3.  Oblivion.  It's not a terrible game or anything.  But when I play an RPG whose purpose is to: a) Collect awesome loot b) level up and c) kick some serious monster ass with your beefed up character, I don't want to keep getting my ass kicked by petty goblins who mysteriously keep getting enchanted swords and glass armour.  (It's not so bad with the OOO Mod, but it's still a pretty boring unsatisfying game)

Anyhow, that's just my two cents.

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#137  Edited By Hannibal

Freedom Fighters

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Lemegeton

i did not get into super mario galaxy. i got it for xmas and played for a couple of hours but lost interest all too quickly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked it, but my cousins felt the same you did, I don't know why, but I think it might have been the whole space/planets thing. :S

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Gambit

The metal gear solid series. I just didn't have any fun playing any of the games in the series.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#141  Edited By KillerFly

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, crappy combat and boring dialogue.

Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#142  Edited By Phantom
Arkthemaniac said:
 And Oblivion. Oblivion is probably the most overrated game ever.
This, I really disliked it, technically great, otherwise horrid.
Fax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Fax
AuthenticM said:
"Guitar Hero"

This.
Avatar image for bread_or_decide
bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By bread_or_decide

Pixel Junk Eden...sorry I tried to like you. I really did.

Avatar image for bread_or_decide
bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By bread_or_decide
Riddler said:
"MGS4

I take it you missed the part where you actually play the game.
Take your fanboy comments elsewhere. Go back to gamespot with that crap.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#146  Edited By zeus_gb

Gears of War not only annoyed me but where was the story and why did it take sooooo long to install.

Crysis is technically great but full of bugs and has a horrible ending.

Derelict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#147  Edited By Derelict

Jak 2.  I hate that game.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#148  Edited By xruntime
bread_or_decide said:
"Riddler said:
"MGS4

I take it you missed the part where you actually play the game.
Take your fanboy comments elsewhere. Go back to gamespot with that crap."
He's expressing his opinion. You're the one who can go back to Gamespot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Derelict said:
"Jak 2.  I hate that game."
What about Jak 3? :P
Derelict

Forum Posts